• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo Announces New 3DS with a C-Stick!

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Also, I would just like to point out that a normal Nintendo 3DS costs $169.99, and add a Circle Pad Pro and an Amiibo peripheral (For now let's just assume the peripheral will cost $12.99), that would cost $212.97 (without tax). And a normal New Nintendo 3DS pretty much has a CPP in it, has Amiibo compatibility pre-installed in it, and, by 'translating' Yen to American dollars, it only costs $154.99. So this is actually a pretty good deal.

SuperDS64

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SuperDS64
3DS FC
1676-3810-3884
Much better than the Lites and XLs in the past...but god damn it Nintendo, I have history with my current 3DS. If it still works, I'm not buying this one. (*motive to break current 3DS >: )*)

Last edited:

MP8

Smash Journeyman
Ha, this is why I don't care about video games in general as much anymore, let alone buy Nintendo's crap they keep coming out with. This is old news, these cheap business schemes of coming out with new crap that they knew they'd come out with probably months ago to screw people over; they plan the release dates at just the right times to get people to commit to an "inferior" product beforehand to get that cash. Eff you Nintendo.

Rubbertop

Smash Cadet
NNID
Matt.C
3DS FC
4511-0538-1886
Nintendo 3DS
Nintendo 3DS XL
Nintendo 2DS
Nintendo New 3DS
Nintendo New 3DS XL
Nintendo New Super 3DS XL Ultra α ++

in all seriousness, half of the 'new' specs should've have been on the original release 3DS.
Arcade Edition

Crazc

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RJB0077
3DS FC
2191-8077-5809
Ha, this is why I don't care about video games in general as much anymore, let alone buy Nintendo's crap they keep coming out with. This is old news, these cheap business schemes of coming out with new crap that they knew they'd come out with probably months ago to screw people over; they plan the release dates at just the right times to get people to commit to an "inferior" product beforehand to get that cash. Eff you Nintendo.
still isnt going to stop me from buying

Crazc

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RJB0077
3DS FC
2191-8077-5809
That's cool man. Its your money and time so you can do whatever you please. I'd choose rather to utilize it for my needs and not waste it.
i have parents for that at this time in my life. (im not mooching im under 18)

EazyDI

Smash Apprentice
I feel so stupid for recently buying my XL. -__-
And it sucks knowing I have to cough up money again so I could be up to date and the fact that there's exclusives, make it seem like it's a required upgrade...

Thanks for letting us know ahead of time, Nintendo. ;_;
I assume you will sell your XL, yes?

Venks

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VenksUSA
Spilting the userbase is the worse thing about this. I just got a XL 2 days ago this makes me never wanna purchase another nintendo handheld.
Can't you take it back and get a refund? It hasn't even been a week.

Renji64

Smash Lord
Can't you take it back and get a refund? It hasn't even been a week.
nope i can trade it when the new one comes out but i don't like jumping through hoops just to have acesss to the new libary i'm just gonna stick with my XL and stop supporting nintendo handhelds after all purchases will be used.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Also, is it true that certain games like Xenobeblade Chronicles will only work with the New Nintendo 3DS/New Nintendo 3DS XL?

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
i always feel kinda fooled when I buy first release-handhelds... i still have the first ever 3DS which is fine, but when there are about 4 new types which are all better, i feel kinda screwed for being a big fan and buying the first type. There's always an advanced version to be announced later on.

Zachary Jones

Smash Rookie
NNID
jackzones
3DS FC
2509-1674-8955
I really like the upgrade, but i really dont want to shell out another 200 ._. As long as it doesnt hinder my gameplay for the time being, im okay, until i can get it. Itd sure be awesome though if i could just trade in my xl.

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
So like... It's basically just flat out better in every way, and is going to have Xenoblade Chronicles 3DS... welp I gotta get it somehow then. I'm not one for saying need on anything, but man to I want it.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
will the new 3ds be able to use the normal sd card that's on the regular 3ds?
Don't think so unfortunately. I think you just transfer everything from your normal SD card to a micro SD card with system transfer or something.
Also, I found this video in Nintendo's Japan YouTube:

Last edited:

KirbyFan5o

Smash Rookie
Don't think so unfortunately. I think you just transfer everything from your normal SD card to a micro SD card with system transfer or something.
Also, I found this video in Nintendo's Japan YouTube:
how would i do that transfer?

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
This is great news for me. I made a good decision in not buying and XL or 2ds (which I thought would be better for Smash). My original 3DS will suffice until the New 3DS is out. Too bad it won't be here until next year.

KirbyFan5o

Smash Rookie
I think you can't transfer it until you get a New Nintendo 3DS/New Nintendo 3DS XL when it comes out.
well how could you do that if the normal 3ds doesn't use micro sd cards, and the new 3ds doesn't use normal sd cards?

rafmandx

Smash Rookie
NNID
rafmandx
3DS FC
4038-6006-5813
Pretty hype for this, but we need some US/EU release date info.

Also, I still want to know if Smash 4 will be compatible with the Circle Pad Pro. I will literally buy one instantly if the answer is yes.
I've been wanting to know too.

Comet FireClaw

Smash Cadet
im going to wait abit for the release , unless there a crazy good promo that comes out, i usally wait til a pokemon verison comes out or a color that i like (RED).. i might go for the black one if the button still look like SNES Version

Top Bottom