• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

amageish

Smash Master
I wonder if we really are getting Sandy next. Especially since we have seen so little of her in terms of moveset and even on the official site, it took a while for her to be added despite the fact she was revealed with the rest on the first trailer. I think they might skip to another franhise next for these reasons.
I honestly think that the trailers are being put together by Game Mill to look flashy and make kids go "Oh boy! I am excited!" with little care or knowledge of how the eSports community will feel about the quick cuts and lack of proper move showcases. So, I don't think Sandy or Danny Phantom or such not having much shown off means much...

Anyway, to go back on topic, does Ludosity even have any staff that fans would immediately recognize? The new info we're getting all seems so disorganized without a casual presentation video.
Like, is there a famous face behind Ludosity? Not... really AFIAK. Ittle Dew is probably their most famous IP, but I wouldn't say that its creators are as famously linked to it as, say, Maddy Thoron is known for making Celeste or Pixel is known for making Cave Story.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Like, is there a famous face behind Ludosity? Not... really AFIAK. Ittle Dew is probably their most famous IP, but I wouldn't say that its creators are as famously linked to it as, say, Maddy Thoron is known for making Celeste or Pixel is known for making Cave Story.
FishBunjin represents Ludosity in Fraymakers so you could consider him a sort of mascot

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
FishBunjin represents Ludosity in Fraymakers so you could consider him a sort of mascot
We were specifically talking about the developers though, but that's a fair point nontheless.

I could take a disembodied voice talking about the game, they wouldn't even need to do anything else other than show gameplay footage. Otherwise, Nick is having mixed messages in regards to who this game is being marketed for.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Can we not do this? I know you guys meant it as a joke but the less imitated from the Smash fan wars the better. We don't need ironic terms that people can start using unironically.
I dunno, I think terms like "Scrimblo Bimblo" and "Popular McJRPG" are hilarious, even as someone that the original "Scrimblo Bimblo" post was aimed at. It's a succinct, albeit goofy way of describing an archetype of characters and I think they can be pretty funny as long as people aren't literally using them to be jerks.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
We were specifically talking about the developers though, but that's a fair point nontheless.

I could take a disembodied voice talking about the game, they wouldn't even need to do anything else other than show gameplay footage. Otherwise, Nick is having mixed messages in regards to who this game is being marketed for.
Ahh, yeah I should've checked the context. Stick Stickly or Face could make a good fit for such a thing, though modern kids would be way less likely to recognise them than even PTM.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Ahh, yeah I should've checked the context. Stick Stickly or Face could make a good fit for such a thing, though modern kids would be way less likely to recognise them than even PTM.
I think we agreed on Patchy the Pirate, he'd be perfect if they got VAs on board at some point.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
I think we agreed on Patchy the Pirate, he'd be perfect if they got VAs on board at some point.
Patchy Presents would be him playing as Spongebob against Potty playing as whoever the showcase character is. Patchy insists Spongebob is "the best character in this thar game" and that he's got this in the bag. Potty then stomps Patchy using the showcase character.

Patchy freaks the hell out at the idea that Spongebob could possibly be the worst character in the game. Potty then tells him it's not that Spongebob is a bad character, Patchy just sucks at the game.

Patchy assures the viewer he'll get better at the game and prove Spongebob is the best character, so join him on the next Patchy Presents!

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Patchy Presents would be him playing as Spongebob against Potty playing as whoever the showcase character is. Patchy insists Spongebob is "the best character in this thar game" and that he's got this in the bag. Potty then stomps Patchy using the showcase character.

Patchy freaks the hell out at the idea that Spongebob could possibly be the worst character in the game. Potty then tells him it's not that Spongebob is a bad character, Patchy just sucks at the game.

Patchy assures the viewer he'll get better at the game and prove Spongebob is the best character, so join him on the next Patchy Presents!
If they added voice acting it'd be great for it to be revealed in a trailer with Patchy given he's also Tom Kenny - VA in this game is absolutely big enough for a devoted trailer.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
I wonder if we really are getting Sandy next. Especially since we have seen so little of her in terms of moveset and even on the official site, it took a while for her to be added despite the fact she was revealed with the rest on the first trailer. I think they might skip to another franhise next for these reasons.
...I mean, considering they've done SpongeBob and Patrick already, I don't see any real reason why they wouldn't just do Sandy next and then move on to someone else (maybe the Ninja Turtles and April since they're the other cartoon we know of that are confirmed to have three fighters).

FreeFox

Smash Lord
...I mean, considering they've done SpongeBob and Patrick already, I don't see any real reason why they wouldn't just do Sandy next and then move on to someone else (maybe the Ninja Turtles and April since they're the other cartoon we know of that are confirmed to have three fighters).
Just my guess. I imagine she isnt as finished as other characters considering the irregularities surrounding the character.

Fields - Ultimate's Great

Smash Journeyman
Just my guess. I imagine she isnt as finished as other characters considering the irregularities surrounding the character.
Eh, nah. Sandy definitely has something put together and her performing moves in the trailer shows it. At worst she might not be polished but the marketing team is using an old build anyway.

Smash Journeyman
Last edited:

FreeFox

Smash Lord
Because it's been confirmed to be an old build. Hell, Rep posted an updated version of one of Spongebob's moves on his twitter and the difference in quality is kind of huge.

No, I mean. In what you are basing that she has everything put together? We have seen three attacks of her (between three trailers) and she is barely seen in any trailers (even the new ones). I assume you have something strong to believe she is ready to be next.

Smash Journeyman
No, I mean. In what you are basing that she has everything put together? We have seen three attacks of her (between three trailers) and she is barely seen in any trailers (even the new ones). I assume you have something strong to believe she is ready to be next.
No reason for her not to be, this game is releasing in a month. There's no actual proof that she's not put together at least in a rough build. She's animated and we do see her perform animations with no issues. We didn't see everything with Patrick either.

Last edited:

FreeFox

Smash Lord
No reason for her not to be, this game is releasing in a month. There's no actual proof that she's not put together at least in a rough build. She's animated and we do see her perform animations with no issues. We didn't see everything with Patrick either.
We knew 9 moves of Patrick from the first trailer alone. That is why I made a guess about the character and what type of character he was. I kinda have to wonder why they have shown so little of her. She wasnt on the main page until recently too. I kinda have to wonder if she has some sort of gimmick or difficult mechanic.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
We knew 9 moves of Patrick from the first trailer alone. That is why I made a guess about the character and what type of character he was. I kinda have to wonder why they have shown so little of her. She wasnt on the main page until recently too. I kinda have to wonder if she has some sort of gimmick or difficult mechanic.
I'm thinking that Sandy might have been a last minute addition to the first trailer.

Smash Journeyman
The trailer spotlight was never equal with these characters. Some had more shown than others, doesn't mean Sandy's completely unfinished down to her not having a completed moveset. That makes no sense. It'd be stupid to go off movesets by franchise and completely skip Sandy.

Last edited:

FreeFox

Smash Lord
The trailer spotlight was never equal with these characters. Some had more shown than others, doesn't mean Sandy's completely unfinished down to her not having a completed moveset. That makes no sense. It'd be stupid to go off movesets by franchise and completely skip Sandy.
Would you believe me if I were to tell you that she is the character with the least amount of moves shown so far? Even characters that didnt show much in the initial trailer like Lucy and Nigel have more moves revealed by this point.

Edit: Also, I dont mind if I am proven wrong with my prediction. I am curious what Sandy´s moveset is. My best guess is that she is going to be a long range fighter.

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
Maybe I'm being unintentionally cynical, but I think "Nick is having mixed messages in regards to who this game is being marketed for" may just be an accurate statement of fact. I think the primary goal of Nick is to match or outsell the other Game Mill offerings and the adult FGC fans are just a bonus that may end up shocking them with their numbers...

Though I also could be wrong about that. They seem to have realized people will watch the reveals live and are now trying to ensure they are livestreamed; maybe they'll throw together their own Direct-esque thing.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Since she uses kara-tay, the moveset seems self-explanatory enough that they probably don't need to prioritize showing it that much.
She's seen using the Extendo-boots in the first trailer. I think her moveset will focus more on science and her lasso because Spongebob is already using the Karate.

Smash Journeyman
Would you believe me if I were to tell you that she is the character with the least amount of moves shown so far? Even characters that didnt show much in the initial trailer like Lucy and Nigel have more moves revealed by this point.

Edit: Also, I dont mind if I am proven wrong with my prediction. I am curious what Sandy´s moveset is. My best guess is that she is going to be a long range fighter.
She's the unlucky character that got shafted, I guess. It's kind of what happens when there's 20+ in the game. Her lack of spotlight only makes me want to see her more (and she better be shown next! I wanna see her)

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Anyone saying a character request is just a stupid joke in the game where Patrick can punish an airdash with a 360 input piledriver while Zim wavedashes in to get stage control needs to realize this game itself is like 60 ****posts in one
According to his talks with Harada, he's not going to. "the fans" are Westerners projecting Western values onto a Japanese man anyway. And yes, I know this doesn't mean he'll immediately work on Smash 6 after CP11, but please don't treat Japan like it's just the West with funny letters.
I don't get how this supposedly makes it ok for Japanese culture to have people overwork themselves so much that they die and that people should feel stupid for daring to suggest it's a bad thing, it's like saying "You're trying to push your European values so stop doing this you idiot" when someone says it's ****ed that Americana have to pay a large sum of money to hold their newborn baby in a hospital.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I'm a bit late to the party, but already this game feels more like Smash- as I find April to be terribly disappointing.
This girl must be about to get a spinoff, because I don't remember ever paying her any attention, and now she is the blessed child.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Yeah, okay, this thread is screwed. At this rate I expect this board's other regulars to start migrating in here any day now.

Maybe I'm being unintentionally cynical, but I think "Nick is having mixed messages in regards to who this game is being marketed for" may just be an accurate statement of fact. I think the primary goal of Nick is to match or outsell the other Game Mill offerings and the adult FGC fans are just a bonus that may end up shocking them with their numbers...

Though I also could be wrong about that. They seem to have realized people will watch the reveals live and are now trying to ensure they are livestreamed; maybe they'll throw together their own Direct-esque thing.
Or, they'll have every reveal happen in gaming events and noteworthy streams, like a Nintendo Direct. Seeing how CatDog and April's trailers were stitched together, that's exactly what I think is going to happen.

Last edited:

DeviousFish

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, okay, this thread is screwed. At this rate I expect this board's other regulars to start migrating in here any day now.

Or, they'll have every reveal happen in gaming events and noteworthy streams, like a Nintendo Direct. Seeing how CatDog and April's trailers were stitched together, that's exactly what I think is going to happen.
I feel like they'll announce something on twitter and they'll be a livestream on gamermill twitter for the reveals. Idk if they will, but personally doesn't sound to far off.

Top Bottom