• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Which ones?

So, any updates on a moveset for a character?
Megadoomer, fogdbadge, GamerZardEX and Dukefire are the ones I can think of off the top of my head. I'm sure there's still plenty of others that will move here.

Also, no, nothing yet. If nothing happens by 2PM EST, we can stop assuming anything until tomorrow.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I hadn't seen those movesets. A few questions/comments
1- I'm a bit disappointed. They seem to over utilize some aspects of the character (is that trophy associated with Patrick for more than an episode), without adding in as many references as I'd think they could
2- Their seem to not be many moves per character... are these all of their moves?
3- Where was it posted that their is aerial dashing, but no blocking?

Fields - Ultimate's Great

Smash Journeyman
1- I'm a bit disappointed. They seem to over utilize some aspects of the character (is that trophy associated with Patrick for more than an episode), without adding in as many references as I'd think they could
2- Their seem to not be many moves per character... are these all of their moves?
They wanted to make references while still having a functioning moveset. They weren't going to make everything a reference. You can't utilize "every aspect of a character" either as Spongebob has a ridiculous amount of material to fill 10 or even 20 different movesets.

It was posted on discord, there's no air dodging. We don't know if there's no blocking.

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
Or, they'll have every reveal happen in gaming events and noteworthy streams, like a Nintendo Direct. Seeing how CatDog and April's trailers were stitched together, that's exactly what I think is going to happen.
Yeah, that's quite plausible. I also just realized that GameMill does have a Nintendo connection - they're publishing Cruis'n Blast, which is a Nintendo-IP-of-sorts game and was announced in the last Direct - so I don't think them at least being able to contact Nintendo to ask if they would be willing to include a reveal in a Nintendo Direct is that far-fetched, all things considered.

I wonder how they'll order the remaining reveals, especially if we have 3 Avatar characters coming. Do we get 3 reveals with 2 each and each includes an Avatar character?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Yeah, that's quite plausible. I also just realized that GameMill does have a Nintendo connection - they're publishing Cruis'n Blast, which is a Nintendo-IP-of-sorts game and was announced in the last Direct - so I don't think them at least being able to contact Nintendo to ask if they would be willing to include a reveal in a Nintendo Direct is that far-fetched, all things considered.

I wonder how they'll order the remaining reveals, especially if we have 3 Avatar characters coming. Do we get 3 reveals with 2 each and each includes an Avatar character?
I think it'll just be random, I doubt they've planned it in a particularly orderly way.

BonafideFella

Smash Journeyman
I don’t think it’s my place to discuss character controversy ~ everything on either side has been said ~ but I do not understand the rumpus over “the lack of moves”
platform fighting games, by virtue of their genre, design their characters’ movesets around the variety in setups and position they can allow. A lack of moves isn’t a sign of developer apathy, it’s a sign of them using what they feel is necessary to encourage the play the game best suits

FreeFox

Smash Lord
Allow me to answer all your questions with this brief rundown of everything we know.
-The game can be played with a gamecube controller. It has been revealed earlier that this game has 8 different inputs.

-Of all the inputs, so far we know there is:
1. Taunts (mapped on the d-pad, one can also do some special teabagging mechanic that involves cancelling crouching)
2. Light moves (tilts, aerial attacks, button a)
3. Strong moves (smashes, aerial smashes, they have the property to reflect projectiles, button x)
4. 8 directional dashes (while we know a lot there is still some information missing on the subject, can help recovery, no immunity, fast to go to the ground, most likely related to wavedashing which is another confirmed mechanic)
5. Grabs (so far no grabs have been shown in any of the character sheet moves, as pointed out by the devs)
6. Jump (cannot tap the control stick and has its own input button y)
7. Currently unknown move that involves the left trigger.
8. Special (B button, no side specials so far)

-We have confirmation that there is "no shields" like in smash and no airdodges. Its unknown whether characters have any defensive mechanics.

-The game doesnt have floaty characters

-There are stages on this game that mirror the 5 most popular stages on smash (Battlefield, Pokemon stadium without hazards, Final destination, and finally smashville with moving platform and with static platform)

-There is only one running speed

-There is one confirmed move with a special motion so far. It involves using the circle motion for a powerful grab move.

-No items/modes have been confirmed yet.

All of this is info has been compiled from everything we have been told from minly the dev Rep.

Edit:
Here is for your analysis of moves being shown for characters (Thanks to Quick Gaming (QG) Quick Gaming (QG) ):

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
The Patrick trophy is a reference to a single episode (called Big pink loser). However, this is one of the few episodes that focus more on Patrick than Spongebob. I would say that's it's also one of the most iconic episode of the show (No this is patrick! and Patrick trying to open the jar comes from this episode, both are pretty big Internet meme).

The number of moves isn't that far to Smash bros. Smash characters have:
-A neutral attacks + 3 tilts (4 weak attacks)
-3 Smash attacks (strong)
-A dash attack
-5 aerial moves (Neutral + 4 directions)
-4 special moves
-Grab and throws
Total: 18 moves + a grab and throws

Nick all stars have:
-3 weak attacks (Neutral, up and down)
-3 strong attacks (Neutral, up, down)
-6 aerial moves; 3 weak and 3 strong
-2 dash attacks; weak and strong
-3 special moves (Neutral, up, down)
-A grab and throws
Total: 17 moves + a grab and throws

Last edited:

Smash Journeyman
I mean, it's Labor Day. gotta get a break sometimes
Wish they stuck to the 2 day pattern or something else, yesterday would've been a good posting date. The marketing team is so inconsistent and I hate it ngl. They have such a hyped up product that's turning many heads and they aren't taking advantage of it very well.

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Wish they stuck to the 2 day pattern or something else, yesterday would've been a good posting date. The marketing team is so inconsistent and I hate it ngl. They have such a hyped up product that's turning many heads and they aren't taking advantage of it very well.
To be absolutely fair, I don't think they even expected this level of engagement. They said they've had to make plans and redirect how they go about marketing the game because they weren't counting on a periphery audience blowing it up.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
To be absolutely fair, I don't think they even expected this level of engagement. They said they've had to make plans and redirect how they go about marketing the game because they weren't counting on a periphery audience blowing it up.
I'm 99% sure they're waiting for the next Nintendo Direct or even Playstation stream at the moment. Say what you will about Nick's lack of presence in Japan, the Japanese side of Nintendo's Directs have games that aren't shown in the West either.

FreeFox

Smash Lord
I'm 99% sure they're waiting for the next Nintendo Direct or even Playstation stream at the moment. Say what you will about Nick's lack of presence in Japan, the Japanese side of Nintendo's Directs have games that aren't shown in the West either.
Totally. Between the twitter account and the 2 revelation during Gamescom, I think they are now correcting the situation and trying to attract more attention to themselves.

Wigglerman

Smash Ace
As much as I'd like to see more footage of the game, especially character showcases, I just can't get as upset as some other folks seem to be getting about it. As some have also said, I don't think they expected this game to blow up, reception wise, as much as it has currently. Now it's sort of a scramble to get promotional stuff together in the last month or so before the game is released.

Though in a way, we've all sort of done the promotion for them. "We" as in the internet collective. We've been bolstering the game up and spreading updates we've gotten around and they've not really had to do it. Allowing them to focus on the development side. And we don't even know what Nick has to say in regards to how much promo stuff they're allowed/supposed to do right now. Because Nick is a weird company anyway. They don't tend to do a whole lot of promotion for their video games and let it sell as it does on the brand recognition alone. I can only ever really recall Battle for Bikini Bottom being one of the more aggressively advertised games back in the day.

Though I'm hoping we get some more in depth material from the devs before or even after release. Would be excellent if the developers can continue to foster a community they themselves are active in. Tutorial videos on characters, combo and tech guides and other cool bits of information they can add to what the community is also going to be pumping out.

Plus I also enjoy being surprised. A late 80's kid, I'm used to 'radio silence' on games development. I don't want everything spoiled and have some meat on the bone to discover myself and feel surprise about.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I didn't really have expectations for this game :p So I just want to see where it'll go.

Maybe I did have slight expectations because it's the team that made slap city, but that's more for it being a decent competitive game. Hopefully it feels good to play. Other than that just riding the waves.

Wigglerman

Smash Ace
If they're going to post character movesets might as well commit to it.
It's something they're probably doing as they can. I can't imagine the team is massive and with release soon they're likely all hands on deck. The little moveset posts they make almost seem like 'homework' and something they're doing on the side, not part of the initial marketing plan. A little extra to help maintain interest/retention.

If they can't do one for every character before launch it isn't like it's some massive failure or let down. I just want the team to focus on making the best product they can right now.

BonafideFella

Smash Journeyman
As much as I'd like to see more footage of the game, especially character showcases, I just can't get as upset as some other folks seem to be getting about it. As some have also said, I don't think they expected this game to blow up, reception wise, as much as it has currently. Now it's sort of a scramble to get promotional stuff together in the last month or so before the game is released.

Though in a way, we've all sort of done the promotion for them. "We" as in the internet collective. We've been bolstering the game up and spreading updates we've gotten around and they've not really had to do it. Allowing them to focus on the development side. And we don't even know what Nick has to say in regards to how much promo stuff they're allowed/supposed to do right now. Because Nick is a weird company anyway. They don't tend to do a whole lot of promotion for their video games and let it sell as it does on the brand recognition alone. I can only ever really recall Battle for Bikini Bottom being one of the more aggressively advertised games back in the day.

Though I'm hoping we get some more in depth material from the devs before or even after release. Would be excellent if the developers can continue to foster a community they themselves are active in. Tutorial videos on characters, combo and tech guides and other cool bits of information they can add to what the community is also going to be pumping out.

Plus I also enjoy being surprised. A late 80's kid, I'm used to 'radio silence' on games development. I don't want everything spoiled and have some meat on the bone to discover myself and feel surprise about.
absolutely, personally I can’t help but feel grateful for the immense developer insight and transparency

amageish

Smash Master
You know what we should dunk on instead of the incredibly small and passionate team that is Ludosity? Me. Let's dunk on me.

In particular, let's dunk on the Bingo Card I made about one and a half months ago, before I was actually paying attention to speculation in any meaningful way (though I was aware of Catdog, Aang, Korra, Ren, and Stimpy being on the box, so I excluded them)... as I had some choices that have not aged well.

So... Yeah, this has not aged well. I honestly may not get a single spot checked off here. Let's break down how it went wrong, shall we?

Live-Action Characters: With iCarly's recent reboot and rumblings of a Zoey 101 reboot, I thought it was possible we'd see content from them. I was both wrong about if live action characters would get anything and wrong about the idea that these roster choices are primarily designed to align with current marketability.

Nick Junior Characters: I like Blue. I like Dora. I like Oswald the Octopus. I thought it was possible that'd include Nick Junior content, having noticed the IGN thing where it listed the franchise as including Nick Junior... which turned out to be just how IGN lists all Nick games. Junior content isn't deconfirmed, but it certainly isn't seeming likely - and we're definitely not getting 3 Nick Junior reps. Also, I had no clue leg-girl speculation existed, so my use of the Dora from the movie's spore scene is a coincidence. I just liked that scene.

Timmy and Jenny: When I made this, I didn't know Frederator Studios was an actual animation company. I thought it was a YouTube channel that made those "107 Facts" videos that usually include at least a few outright incorrect facts. Turns out that they have done more then that. Good for them, I guess! Hopefully the game gets DLC and they get brought on-board for it.

Donatello: Donny is my favourite ninja turtle. I thought he was a safe choice. I was very wrong.

Arnold and Angelica: I figured they'd include more Rugrats and Hey Arnold content along with the characters revealed in the first trailer. This may still happen, but, at least for the moment, things aren't looking good.

Plankton: I like Plankton. He could have a big robot. It could be fun. That said, I have no clue what made me put him on this list before Mr Krabs though... I mean, they could copy-paste Business Casual Man's moveset from Slap City for him! Frankly, I think I may have made a joke about how the moveset would fit Mr Krabs when I first saw Business Casual Man...

Asami: I wanted to put a second TLoK rep on my sheet and picked Asami. I honestly do still think she may eventually get into the game - Ludosity's history of writing queer narratives makes me think that they may jump at the opportunity to include one of the earliest examples of such narratives in children's animation, as controversial as parts of that narrative is - but I'm certainly not anticipating her for the base roster.

Miko: I wanted a modern character on the sheet and went with Miko over a second Loud sibling. She has some demand within the fandom - a surprising amount for a non-nostalgic character, honestly - and I still think she'd be fun, but I now wonder if literally being from the 2020s may make her too modern for the game, at least at launch... She'd be neat, but I'm not expecting her.

Jimmy: I grew up when Jimmy and Timmy dominated the cartoon sphere. He seemed like a safe bet. Turns out he may not be. Hard to say if we should fully count the boy genius out yet, but it is certainly no longer feeling like a safe bet.

Rocko: This is the only character who I feel hasn't had his chances change at all since I made the Bingo sheet. At the time, I thought he made sense because he's commonly in these crossovers, is another 90s character, and recently had a Netflix movie. Now, I think he makes sense because he's commonly in these crossovers, is another 90s character, and recently had a Netflix movie.

Toph: And, finally, the one character whose (at least perceived) odds may have increased since I made this sheet! I picked Toph as my TLA rep because I thought she'd have a fun moveset and would stand out from the rest of the roster, narratively, mechanically, and aesthetically. Seems like Ludosity and I may be on the same page with that one!

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
You know what we should dunk on instead of the incredibly small and passionate team that is Ludosity? Me. Let's dunk on me.

In particular, let's dunk on the Bingo Card I made about one and a half months ago, before I was actually paying attention to speculation in any meaningful way (though I was aware of Catdog, Aang, Korra, Ren, and Stimpy being on the box, so I excluded them)... as I had some choices that have not aged well.

So... Yeah, this has not aged well. I honestly may not get a single spot checked off here. Let's break down how it went wrong, shall we?

Live-Action Characters: With iCarly's recent reboot and rumblings of a Zoey 101 reboot, I thought it was possible we'd see content from them. I was both wrong about if live action characters would get anything and wrong about the idea that these roster choices are primarily designed to align with current marketability.

Nick Junior Characters: I like Blue. I like Dora. I like Oswald the Octopus. I thought it was possible that'd include Nick Junior content, having noticed the IGN thing where it listed the franchise as including Nick Junior... which turned out to be just how IGN lists all Nick games. Junior content isn't deconfirmed, but it certainly isn't seeming likely - and we're definitely not getting 3 Nick Junior reps. Also, I had no clue leg-girl speculation existed, so my use of the Dora from the movie's spore scene is a coincidence. I just liked that scene.

Timmy and Jenny: When I made this, I didn't know Frederator Studios was an actual animation company. I thought it was a YouTube channel that made those "107 Facts" videos that usually include at least a few outright incorrect facts. Turns out that they have done more then that. Good for them, I guess! Hopefully the game gets DLC and they get brought on-board for it.

Donatello: Donny is my favourite ninja turtle. I thought he was a safe choice. I was very wrong.

Arnold and Angelica: I figured they'd include more Rugrats and Hey Arnold content along with the characters revealed in the first trailer. This may still happen, but, at least for the moment, things aren't looking good.

Plankton: I like Plankton. He could have a big robot. It could be fun. That said, I have no clue what made me put him on this list before Mr Krabs though... I mean, they could copy-paste Business Casual Man's moveset from Slap City for him! Frankly, I think I may have made a joke about how the moveset would fit Mr Krabs when I first saw Business Casual Man...

Asami: I wanted to put a second TLoK rep on my sheet and picked Asami. I honestly do still think she may eventually get into the game - Ludosity's history of writing queer narratives makes me think that they may jump at the opportunity to include one of the earliest examples of such narratives in children's animation, as controversial as parts of that narrative is - but I'm certainly not anticipating her for the base roster.

Miko: I wanted a modern character on the sheet and went with Miko over a second Loud sibling. She has some demand within the fandom - a surprising amount for a non-nostalgic character, honestly - and I still think she'd be fun, but I now wonder if literally being from the 2020s may make her too modern for the game, at least at launch... She'd be neat, but I'm not expecting her.

Jimmy: I grew up when Jimmy and Timmy dominated the cartoon sphere. He seemed like a safe bet. Turns out he may not be. Hard to say if we should fully count the boy genius out yet, but it is certainly no longer feeling like a safe bet.

Rocko: This is the only character who I feel hasn't had his chances change at all since I made the Bingo sheet. At the time, I thought he made sense because he's commonly in these crossovers, is another 90s character, and recently had a Netflix movie. Now, I think he makes sense because he's commonly in these crossovers, is another 90s character, and recently had a Netflix movie.

Toph: And, finally, the one character whose (at least perceived) odds may have increased since I made this sheet! I picked Toph as my TLA rep because I thought she'd have a fun moveset and would stand out from the rest of the roster, narratively, mechanically, and aesthetically. Seems like Ludosity and I may be on the same page with that one!
Did you just repeat those lines for rocko on purpose? i wonder if it's for humorous reasons.

Smash Journeyman

The fact that Donatello may never be in this game is nothing but a crime. Huge missed opportunity.

amageish

Smash Master
Did you just repeat those lines for rocko on purpose? i wonder if it's for humorous reasons.
Yes, that was the joke. My opinion on Rocko has not changed, so I repeated the same points for him in the past and present tense.

i hope its not for any purpose. i hope to god.
I'm... not sure what you mean here? Do you not want me to think Rocko makes sense, or did my dumb joke have some implications I am not aware of?

The fact that Donatello may never be in this game is nothing but a crime. Huge missed opportunity.
It's unfortunate. Obviously there's a metric tonne of possiblities for a roster like this, so there will always be opportunities missed, but I will miss Donny...

LimeTH

Smash Lord
I made a bingo card too.

I think part of my problem was assuming that the roster was big enough for a full card and not realizing how few characters we didn't know about there were at that point. I think it was literally only April and the two or three mystery characters at the time. I think the full number of 22 was confirmed after I finished making this.

I picked a mixture of legit predictions, personal wants, characters commonly mentioned by others and jokes, so I won't go through and debunk every square, but yeah, in hindsight, I think I was a bit too optimistic.

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
I made a bingo card too.

I think part of my problem was assuming that the roster was big enough for a full card and not realizing how few characters we didn't know about there were at that point. I think it was literally only April and the two or three mystery characters at the time. I think the full number of 22 was confirmed after I finished making this.

I picked a mixture of legit predictions, personal wants and jokes, so I won't go through and debunk every square, but yeah, in hindsight, I think I was a bit too optimistic.
Nice card! Them only having 8 characters to reveal after the first trailer, with several already on the boxart, definitely makes a full 5 by 5 card hard to get a bingo on without some exceptional luck (not that my 4 by 4 card is doing any better).

I like your picks here though! Dib is fun and I'd enjoy seeing him. I also haven't seen much TUFF Puppy love, so it is nice to see Kitty on there. And who doesn't like Stick Stickly?

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Nice card! Them only having 8 characters to reveal after the first trailer, with several already on the boxart, definitely makes a full 5 by 5 card hard to get a bingo on without some exceptional luck (not that my 4 by 4 card is doing any better).

I like your picks here though! Dib is fun and I'd enjoy seeing him. I also haven't seen much TUFF Puppy love, so it is nice to see Kitty on there. And who doesn't like Stick Stickly?
Thanks! I like to make bingo cards for stuff like this, so I always go a little nuts designing them.

I'd say even if we don't get a bingo, at least one of our squares has gotta be right.

What, the main theme song of the game? The music from the trailer?

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Writing Team
You know those jokes about doug dimmadome getting into this game and him having a ridiculous hitbox? Well I want that but unironically. It would be a very unique fighter and seeing how they could balance such a ridiculous thing would be interesting. Not to mention seeing people getting salty about the hitbox of a fairly odd parents character is objectovely funny.

He would be a really good joke character, and (I can’t believe this sentence exists) could be something like a light hearted parody of Sephiroth and his long sword in smash ultimate

amageish

Smash Master
Thanks! I like to make bingo cards for stuff like this, so I always go a little nuts designing them.

I'd say even if we don't get a bingo, at least one of our squares has gotta be right.
It's very nice! I like to make Bingo cards a lot too (and am basically never right), but I haven't made them as fancy at yours.

And yes! We're going for the spiritual win of exactly 1 square checked off...

FreeFox

Smash Lord
You know those jokes about doug dimmadome getting into this game and him having a ridiculous hitbox? Well I want that but unironically. It would be a very unique fighter and seeing how they could balance such a ridiculous thing would be interesting. Not to mention seeing people getting salty about the hitbox of a fairly odd parents character is objectovely funny.

He would be a really good joke character, and (I can’t believe this sentence exists) could be something like a light hearted parody of Sephiroth and his long sword in smash ultimate
Personally, I would love to see him as a stage hazard. Like I have the perfect idea for him:
1630988513687.jpeg

Voilá

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
View attachment 329523
was originally a bit uninformed on Hutchison's role in the show and thought she was a one off character, so I swapped Luna out for her cause I still see us getting a Rocko character, just not Rocko
Hold up, was Rocko disconfirmed? While I think it's possible we'll get a different Rocko rep I still think Rocko is the most likely character from the show.

Top Bottom