• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Honestly it is a little different but it's not as bad as Gir's massive forehead.
Yeah, not a fan of that either. That's never been a thing before, I don't know how that even happened.

Also Squidward's head and face being all tiny except for his eyes, which are huge, Lucy's hair being a flat texture, Reptar just looking completely off and Danny having a lot of the same problems he does in NASB.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Yeah, not a fan of that either. That's never been a thing before, I don't know how that even happened.

Also Squidward's head and face being all tiny except for his eyes, which are huge, Lucy's hair being a flat texture, Reptar just looking completely off and Danny having a lot of the same problems he does in NASB.
Also, Tommy, Chuckie, and Angelica only having four fingers on their hands when they should have five.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Once people are used to a moveset, it shouldn't be changed - maybe if the moveset is poorly designed from a functional standpoint, but if it's for the sake of "accuracy" you're ultimately just getting rid of a perfectly fine moveset and isolating that character's players for an extremely superficial reason with no benefit to actual gameplay.
I'm not saying to overhaul the whole thing, just to make some tweaks. This is another Smash problem that really doesn't need to be in NASB, though I meant that these tweaks should be made in the sequel rather than now.

Thankfully his character select icon turned out well. Still, a lot of the characters feel off model compared to NASB!

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I'm not saying to overhaul the whole thing, just to make some tweaks. This is another Smash problem that really doesn't need to be in NASB, though I meant that these tweaks should be made in the sequel rather than now.
It's not a "problem" in Smash IMO, in fact I feel it's the best thing about classic Smash and the lack of it is a major contributing factor to Ultimate being so disappointing

Fields - Ultimate's Great

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure they picked April since they thought her being a news reporter would make for an interesting kit
Well, imo, they failed. April's kit isn't special, she's poorly balanced, and she's in a game where 90% of the roster randomly spawns or uses regular items to attack too. April's at her best when she's surrounded by combat capable fighters and really highlighting how she's just a news reporter, but they didn't really do that (even though it's why she's so cool in Shredder's Revenge). She just gets a haphazard movelist with plenty of generic kicks dominating said movelist rather than focusing on her news reporter status.

There's a lot of ways they could've handled a move where April uses a pencil and notepad yet they made it a really plain uppercut. April feels like a poor choice just from her final moveset alone. How on earth did April not get a mic drop move?

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
So. Um. Nick Racers 3 was officially announced. Sort of.

1657580507964.png

Idk if they just sent out a press release early or what, but we have gotten a logo with no trailer or screenshots. That said, it claims to be built from the ground-up, so maybe it'll stand out more from past entries then people have been predicting - in spite of it seemingly having returning courses? We'll see when we see actual gameplay, I guess...

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion

View attachment 356381

Idk if they just sent out a press release early or what, but we have gotten a logo with no trailer or screenshots. That said, it claims to be built from the ground-up, so maybe it'll stand out more from past entries then people have been predicting - in spite of it seemingly having returning courses? We'll see when we see actual gameplay, I guess...
Was there even a confirmation that there's some returning courses? I thought that was more a prediction based on the pretty big amount of track. Either way, my guess is that after GameMill saw that All star brawl blew up on the Internet last summer they decided to give Kart racers 3 a bigger budget to see if it could become bigger too.

amageish

Smash Master
Was there even a confirmation that there's some returning courses? I thought that was more a prediction based on the pretty big amount of track. Either way, my guess is that after GameMill saw that All star brawl blew up on the Internet last summer they decided to give Kart racers 3 a bigger budget to see if it could become bigger too.
The screenshot of the press release I just posted mentions the tracks include paths "both new and old" which sounds like it refers old courses remade - potentially with new pathways, I guess? Though, yeah, I definitely think this game was given more time in the oven and a bigger budget in response to NASB blowing up. I just hope it is also able to get its own identity with some characters not present in either Kart 2 or NASB.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I definitely think this game was given more time in the oven
There were already 2 years between Kart Racers 1 and 2, so it could've already been given more devtime in the first place. Just don't ask why they let Kart Racers 2 be in development for 2 years while NASB only got 1.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Jeez, Why Doesn't This Website Notify Me On Every Page i follow here!?

I come back to see if there's any new stuff here and There Was, Dang It!

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

View attachment 356381

hmm sounds good. quite similar to other kart racers that were good. so good

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Feeling positive about Kart Racers 3! There were a lot of things I liked about 2, so if they clean up the physics more (and remove the diaper stink bomb, not only is it gross as **** but The Loud House deserves a WAY better item concept. Lily's been toilet trained for two years at this point...) and expand upon the existing content while adding more and you've got a great game on your hands! The voice acting at launch will be the icing on the cake! Third time's the charm!

Now to the matter of character slots! With Jojo out there will be at least 11 slots open for new characters. Predicting that the models will be tweaked and that the turtles will use their 80's designs due to the success of NASB (and the Apple Arcade tennis game already did this with Mikey). Here's who I think could take those slots!

30: April O'Neill - Nick's not gonna miss the chance to add more TMNT + her newly-revived fame from NASB and Shredder's Revenge!

31: Spongebob Slot - Likely either Krabs or Plankton!

32: Avatar Slot - Avatar only has two drivers in 2, and they press Avatar specifically in the marketing. Any member of Aang's group will likely take this slot! Most likely Zuko, though Toph, Katara, or Sokka could as well!

33: Lana Loud - From one of Nick's cash cows and loves driving and racing in her home series!

34: The Wild Thornberrys Slot - Eliza was in Nicktoons Racing back in the day and was included as a DLC character in the Apple Arcade tennis game, likely due to Nigel's reception in NASB! Not sure if they'd go for Nigel or Eliza, but they're by far the most likely choices!

35: Filburt - We're probably gonna get more 90's nostalgiabait and Rocko is one of Nick's go-tos in this regard (and Rugrats already has four characters so I don't see them dipping for a 5th unless they go for maybe Susie Carmichael).

36: Powdered Toast Man - Ren and Stimpy are already in + 90's nostalgia + renewed interest from NASB. Seems like a shoe-in! He was also a pit crew member and a (VERY FUN!) frenzy item in 2, so eyes are on him!

37: Danny Phantom Slot - More wishful thinking, but I think Danny could finally break his streak of being stuck alone. There's a lot of places they could go with this! Vlad, one of Danny's Friends, a member of the rogue's gallery, Jack or Maddie Fenton, could be any of them! More attention has been on Danny lately, from NASB to the Smite crossover so I can see this happening!

38: Jenny Wakeman - Another choice I can see being spurred by her popularity in NASB! She also got into the Smite crossover so Nick clearly wants to use her more!

39: Jimmy Neutron - Been getting a lot of love lately from Nickelodeon, they no doubt see the demand for more Jimmy! Plus the devs in this case are a little more "corporate" so to speak, so I really don't see them going for Hugh.

40: Garfield - Nick's been really pushing Garfield lately, and combining his NASB and Apple Arcade tennis appearances it seems like a shoe-in that he'd get into this as well!

Not sure how many we'll get over 40, but it looks like we'll have a lot of room for new characters!

Last edited:

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
Unrelated, but it seems that Disney Speedstorm is also getting a Crewmate system.

I wonder if they were inspired by the Crewmate system in Nickelodeon Kart Racers 2.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
That is very true! Though it would still be egregious if they brought the item back.
Nick crossover games typically value the early seasons of TLH over the later seasons. Lincoln has a move based on Ace Savvy even though he gave him up in Season 5 in favor of David Steele.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Nick crossover games typically value the early seasons of TLH over the later seasons. Lincoln has a move based on Ace Savvy even though he gave him up in Season 5 in favor of David Steele.
Lincoln briefly used his Ace Savvy costume in Time Trap. Still, as great as the David Steele episodes are there was no reason to give Ace Savvy the boot...

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Feeling positive about Kart Racers 3! There were a lot of things I liked about 2, so if they clean up the physics more (and remove the diaper stink bomb, not only is it gross as **** but The Loud House deserves a WAY better item concept. Lily's been toilet trained for two years at this point...) and expand upon the existing content while adding more and you've got a great game on your hands! The voice acting at launch will be the icing on the cake! Third time's the charm!

Now to the matter of character slots! With Jojo out there will be at least 11 slots open for new characters. Predicting that the models will be tweaked and that the turtles will use their 80's designs due to the success of NASB (and the Apple Arcade tennis game already did this with Mikey). Here's who I think could take those slots!

30: April O'Neill - Nick's not gonna miss the chance to add more TMNT + her newly-revived fame from NASB and Shredder's Revenge!

31: Spongebob Slot - Likely either Krabs or Plankton!

32: Avatar Slot - Avatar only has two drivers in 2, and they press Avatar specifically in the marketing. Any member of Aang's group will likely take this slot! Most likely Zuko, though Toph, Katara, or Sokka could as well!

33: Lana Loud - From one of Nick's cash cows and loves driving and racing in her home series!

34: The Wild Thornberrys Slot - Eliza was in Nicktoons Racing back in the day and was included as a DLC character in the Apple Arcade tennis game, likely due to Nigel's reception in NASB! Not sure if they'd go for Nigel or Eliza, but they're by far the most likely choices!

35: Filburt - We're probably gonna get more 90's nostalgiabait and Rocko is one of Nick's go-tos in this regard (and Rugrats already has four characters so I don't see them dipping for a 5th unless they go for maybe Susie Carmichael).

36: Powdered Toast Man - Ren and Stimpy are already in + 90's nostalgia + renewed interest from NASB. Seems like a shoe-in! He was also a pit crew member and a (VERY FUN!) frenzy item in 2, so eyes are on him!

37: Danny Phantom Slot - More wishful thinking, but I think Danny could finally break his streak of being stuck alone. There's a lot of places they could go with this! Vlad, one of Danny's Friends, a member of the rogue's gallery, Jack or Maddie Fenton, could be any of them! More attention has been on Danny lately, from NASB to the Smite crossover so I can see this happening!

38: Jenny Wakeman - Another choice I can see being spurred by her popularity in NASB! She also got into the Smite crossover so Nick clearly wants to use her more!

39: Jimmy Neutron - Been getting a lot of love lately from Nickelodeon, they no doubt see the demand for more Jimmy! Plus the devs in this case are a little more "corporate" so to speak, so I really don't see them going for Hugh.

40: Garfield - Nick's been really pushing Garfield lately, and combining his NASB and Apple Arcade tennis appearances it seems like a shoe-in that he'd get into this as well!

Not sure how many we'll get over 40, but it looks like we'll have a lot of room for new characters!
I do at least think that Lana is the most fitting TLH character for KR3.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Nick crossover games typically value the early seasons of TLH over the later seasons.
Regardless, Lily's toilet training was probably too new for the game to acknowledge, due to it happening the same year Kart Racers 2 was released.

On the other hand, unless you're South Park, animation takes several months to produce and potentially even longer to finally air, so scripts involving Lily being toilet trained could've existed in 2018...but that doesn't mean Bamtang was allowed to see them.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Regardless, Lily's toilet training was probably too new for the game to acknowledge, due to it happening the same year Kart Racers 2 was released.

On the other hand, unless you're South Park, animation takes several months to produce and potentially even longer to finally air, so scripts involving Lily being toilet trained could've existed in 2018...but that doesn't mean Bamtang was allowed to see them.
That is very true, I just hope they address it this game! It was one of the only good ideas of the age-up and made Lily a much more fun character!

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Apologies for this being off-topic, but is Twitter acting incredibly funky for anyone else today? Like, it keeps having trouble loading pages?

Last edited:
Top Bottom