• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
I could see there being at least one major problem with Toph driving a car.

Though I'll have to rewatch the series to see if her method of "seeing" could be used when she's in a carriage or something of that nature. (plus, I've been meaning to rewatch the series for a while)
I completely forgot lmao

No way, I'm an AtLA character

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Here's a list of NASB characters/franchises that aren't in Kart Racers:

TMNT
  • April
AtLA
  • Toph
The Wild Thornberrys
  • Nigel
Ren & Stimpy
  • Powdered Toast Man
AAAHH!!! Real Monsters
  • Oblina
Garfield
  • Garfield
My Life As A Teenage Robot
  • Jenny
Jimmy Neutron
  • Hugh Neurton
At the same time, Ludosity's choices were more off-the-wall compared to the ones Bamtang/Vector Unit made, so for example I think JN would either be repped by Jimmy primarily, and secondary reps would be Carl, Sheen, and/or Cindy. I think a safe prediction of newcomers would be:

• Jenny
  • Garfield
  • Jimmy Neutron
  • Ickis
  • Eliza
  • Norbert+Dagget
  • Ronnie Anne
  • Filburt
  • Dib
  • Powdered Toast Man

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if they also went for Nigel over Eliza - he's almost unarguably the most iconic part of the show even disregarding memes.
I hate to say it, but personally for me, Eliza is kind of a boring character compared to Nigel. I wouldn't mind seeing her in the game but I don't think I'd select her again after trying her out for the first time.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I really hope they get the Invisible Boatmobile as a kart this time, I guess it makes sense to exclude it for hitbox reasons, but it still feels really weird to not have such an iconic vehicle.

amageish

Smash Master
I have to wonder what they'll do with TMNT for this new racing game, given how Rise of TMNT exists and they could change from the 2012 designs to those... or they could go for the '87 designs as seems to be the trend these days. Or they could go for a mix of different designs if they wanted to....

Beyond that, yeah, I'm expecting a lot of overlap with NASB for sure. With 40+ characters, you may as well "Why not both?" situations like Eliza and Nigel, Jimmy and Hugh, etc..

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I hate to say it, but personally for me, Eliza is kind of a boring character compared to Nigel. I wouldn't mind seeing her in the game but I don't think I'd select her again after trying her out for the first time.
Yeah I only put her on my prediction because she'd be a more "normal" choice compared to Nigel, and the Kart Racers games are more grounded with their roster choices than NASB.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
We're definitely getting Jenny, I can be sure of that. Her NASB demand was so huge that she then went on to be in Smite.

Probably getting at least one Jimmy Neutron character too. Don't worry, if we only get one, it'll be Jimmy.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
We're definitely getting Jenny, I can be sure of that. Her NASB demand was so huge that she then went on to be in Smite.

Probably getting at least one Jimmy Neutron character too. Don't worry, if we only get one, it'll be Jimmy.
shrugs I could care less about the roster for the kart game, it's the fighting game I want Jimmy in lmao.

Hey at the very least tho no Jojo Siwa is good.

The listing says "over 40 characters" so that probably means something like 42. Jojo's getting the axe so the previous 29 are all pretty safe bets, but that leaves 13 new spots.

If I had to guess, I honestly think April or Splinter has a shot, they love their turtles after all. Garfield, Jenny, Jimmy all seem pretty safe. I could see them nabbing Nigel. That's 5.

I feel like the rest will probably add in some new reps for other shows. Zuko, Mr. Krabs, Sam, Dib, Luna. Maybe PTM? Idk about him the back of his head might look weird. We'll add him in anyway. That's another 6, leaving 2 spots for some new shows. Maybe Star Trek and Glitch Techs? That'd be kinda cool, give 'em their do in a Nick game for once. Realistically though I'd probably bank on Otto Rocket or the Beavers, if not both.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Alongside tweaking the drifting mechanic, I'm hoping the music remains on par with Kart Racers 2, because the soundtrack for that game freaking slaps!

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
I could see there being at least one major problem with Toph driving a car.

Though I'll have to rewatch the series to see if her method of "seeing" could be used when she's in a carriage or something of that nature. (plus, I've been meaning to rewatch the series for a while)
I REALLY hope Toph is carried over from NASB simply because the whole "blind girl driving" thing would be really funny to me.
I can't really imagine Hugh making it in - he's more of a NASB specific thing. His fandom was there long before NASB of course, but it was moreso with the die hard Nicktoon fans and memers, not a mainstream, marketable thing like the Nigel meme was.
I could potentially see Hugh getting in due to simple asset reuse. He would definitely be an oddball, but considering Kart Racers 2 had a few odd side characters thrown in, it's not too far-fetched I don't think (provided Jimmy's there, of course).
I have a feeling there'll be at least one show (not counting spin-offs, reboots, or LA cameos) not repped in NASB (yet) - likely Beavers, but Barnyard wouldn't be that surprising.
If Otis is in this game, I will be legally obligated to play it.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I REALLY hope Toph is carried over from NASB simply because the whole "blind girl driving" thing would be really funny to me.

I could potentially see Hugh getting in due to simple asset reuse. He would definitely be an oddball, but considering Kart Racers 2 had a few odd side characters thrown in, it's not too far-fetched I don't think (provided Jimmy's there, of course).

If Otis is in this game, I will be legally obligated to play it.
Wouldn't it be less efficiant to reuse NASB models for Kart Racers 3, since NKR2 has its own models and reusing NASB models would require a lot of characters to be remodeled? Not to mention that some of the models like Ren and Jenny are specifically made to be seen from the side

Last edited:

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
I hope this is real, I really loved the second Nickelodeon Kart Racers game. It had no voice acting, but the driving itself was pretty good alongside the Pit Crew characters.
Me too! The Pit Crew and Frenzy Item mechanics were fun and melded into the Mario Kart-esque gameplay surprisingly well!

Ronnie Anne
If we get another Loud House rep (and I hope we will) my vote goes to Lana or Lola. Both of them can drive, and Lana LOVES racing!

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Wouldn't it be less efficiant to reuse NASB models for Kart Racers 3, since NKR2 has its own models and reusing NASB models would require a lot of characters to be remodeled? Not to mention that some of the models like Ren and Jenny are specifically made to be seen from the side
Was NASB reusing any models from NKR2 in the first place? I know the answer is definitely no for the TMNT reps.

Lana LOVES racing!
I was thinking Ronnie because Casagrandes, but that makes sense.

What we out to be doing is speculating on how they can make amphibious tracks for various shows. Like Mussel Beach for SpongeBob, the Amazin' River for ChalkZone, or the earth after Zim flooded it in the Invader Zim episode The Wettening.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Was NASB reusing any models from NKR2 in the first place? I know the answer is definitely no for the TMNT reps.
The NASB models are all new from what I can tell. It's really obvious for many characters like Lucy, ZIM, Reptar, etc.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero

I was thinking Ronnie because Casagrandes, but that makes sense.

What we out to be doing is speculating on how they can make amphibious tracks for various shows. Like Mussel Beach for SpongeBob, the Amazin' River for ChalkZone, or the earth after Zim flooded it in the Invader Zim episode The Wettening.
The Casagrandes got cancelled so it isn’t relevant anymore.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
They wouldn't know that when development started, and Nick Kart Racers already has a history of overlooking Rise in favor of TMNT2012.
2/3rds of the shows represented in these games are long dead. I don't think that matters.
Also the Casagrandes is still reran anyway and still hasn't aired all its episodes, so should it really be considered irrelevant?

LimeTH

Smash Lord
You know for someone with Lincoln Loud as your avatar, you seem to have some hate boner for it

Whining about Lincoln's VA, talking about Ronnie Anne not being worthy of inclusion, etc.
Keeps insisting there won't be anymore TLH characters in NASB too. Argues down everyone who is actually open to the idea.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Keeps insisting there won't be anymore TLH characters in NASB too. Argues down everyone who is actually open to the idea.
I do want more TLH reps, I just think it's unlikely that they'll add more due to it not being profitable.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I do want more TLH reps, I just think it's unlikely that they'll add more due to it not being profitable.
Let's be real. If the devs gave two ****s about profit, they would've added Jimmy instead of Hugh because he clearly had more people backing him. They're gonna push for who they want, whether I or anyone else likes it or not. If they think Luna or Luan have enough to offer, moveset-wise, they will.

So how were these previous nick racers? Seeing you all seem quite keen about it
I think the second one was a fun little kart racer that was made on a budget, but clearly had some love put into it. It's drifting is a little finicky, and the track designs aren't always a hit, but I enjoyed my time with it, genuinely.

...then Nick had to **** the bucket on by adding Jojo Siwa and her stereotypical tween girl track. Honestly drops the game from a solid 8 out of 10 to a 7.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Second one is actually pretty decent/good. Don't bother with the first one.
Let's be real. If the devs gave two ****s about profit, they would've added Jimmy instead of Hugh because he clearly had more people backing him. They're gonna push for who they want, whether I or anyone else likes it or not. If they think Luna or Luan have enough to offer, moveset-wise, they will.

I think the second one was a fun little kart racer that was made on a budget, but clearly had some love put into it. It's drifting is a little finicky, and the track designs aren't always a hit, but I enjoyed my time with it, genuinely.

...then Nick had to **** the bucket on by adding Jojo Siwa and her stereotypical tween girl track. Honestly drops the game from a solid 8 out of 10 to a 7.
ok. Just curious cause I got burned by the last kart racer I tried

I have no idea who Jojo Siwa is

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Hugh had something on his side that no TLH rep has: memes. Hugh was such a meme that his own VA Mark DeCarlo joined in on the fun. He was NASB's equivalent to Waluigi, except he actually did become playable.

Last edited:
Top Bottom