• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Damn this Hugh render is actually disgusting lmao. There's a reason why cartoon characters don't have lips usually (take notes Big mouth).
To be fair, the primary Hugh render has them, but it still looks fine in spite of technically being off-model, probably because of the angle of Hugh's head.

The secondary render on the other hand is just hideous.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
It's always been funny to me how despite being a CGI show, video games have almost never been able to get Jimmy Neutron characters to look right.
Jimmy alone has so many bizarre models

View attachment 356163
View attachment 356164
View attachment 356166
View attachment 356167
And then there's Globs of Doom...
View attachment 356165
View attachment 356168
Even if Jimmy Neutron's CG is cheaper than what you'd see in a Pixar or Dreamworks movie, it's still leagues above the graphics that the PS2 and the cheap computers the PC game was meant to run on could produce.

Globs of Doom on the other hand I have no excuse for. Even if it was still a PS2 game.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Even if Jimmy Neutron's CG is cheaper than what you'd see in a Pixar or Dreamworks movie, it's still leagues above the graphics that the PS2 and the cheap computers the PC game was meant to run on could produce.

Globs of Doom on the other hand I have no excuse for. Even if it was still a PS2 game.
Funny enough, it was a Gamecube game that got the closest

1657214107502.png

1657214133328.png

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
What I wanna know is why Jimmy Neutron games all had a tendency to use Cindy's movie design. Even Nicktoons Unite had this problem.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Funny enough, it was a Gamecube game that got the closest

View attachment 356169
View attachment 356170
Attack of the Twonkies continues to be the GOAT.
Where did this come from? As far as I know there's only the one with the ducks.
It's from this.
Honestly, I like the posing of this one better. But yeah, the lips are weird.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Just realized this keeps up the trend of basing the renders off official art.

1657218237426.png

1657218246476.png

Nice teeth, Hugh.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
What I wanna know is why Jimmy Neutron games all had a tendency to use Cindy's movie design. Even Nicktoons Unite had this problem.
This is pure speculation, but if I'm right it would explain it. When contracted to do a game for a licensed product, companies tend to essentially get a packet of official materials from the IP holder; it's possible that all that Nickelodeon themselves had on hand was the movie model; seeing as they'd probably have to contact DNA specifically for further materials. iirc none of the games other than the Jet Fusion one had characters that weren't in the original film.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
This is pure speculation, but if I'm right it would explain it. When contracted to do a game for a licensed product, companies tend to essentially get a packet of official materials from the IP holder; it's possible that all that Nickelodeon themselves had on hand was the movie model; seeing as they'd probably have to contact DNA specifically for further materials. iirc none of the games other than the Jet Fusion one had characters that weren't in the original film.
Apparently Nick doesn't really bother to keep those things updated but is strict about sticking to them anyway. ZIM's model in KR2 is based off the pilot episode of all things, even with how easily accessible more show accurate Invader ZIM stock art is

Last edited:

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
Apparently Nick doesn't really bother to keep those things updated but is strict about sticking to them anyway. ZIM's model in KR2 is based off the pilot episode of all things, even with how easily accessible more show accurate Invader ZIM stock art is
And presumably this was the 3D mold Ludosity was given to base Danny off of, hence why he looks like…that
7D3C969A-07A7-4E13-8F8C-01DD192E30BB.jpeg

LimeTH

Smash Lord
And presumably this was the 3D mold Ludosity was given to base Danny off of, hence why he looks like…thatView attachment 356175
The Smite people really lucked out not having to use that thing.

I'm curious to know what the Jenny model they have looks like, since NASB seems to the the only 3D appearance of hers that doesn't translate her cheekbone thing into some kind of snout.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I'm curious to know what the Jenny model they have looks like, since NASB seems to the the only 3D appearance of hers that doesn't translate her cheekbone thing into some kind of snout.
I think they were allowed to use the show for reference material. The sprites they used for her eyes and mouth look like they were cut out of screenshots and then cleaned up

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Thus it begins anew.
I will say, this game apparently having VA at the start is VERY interesting considering neither of the other Nickelodeon Kart Racers games had it. Perhaps NASB did some work in moving the needle in that regard?

D

Deleted member

I have some hope for this. Kart racers 2 felt like it was almost there. Just needed way more polish.

Seeing the roster should be interesting. I'm thinking we get jenny and maybe some of the other NASB new franchises. Garfield is a safe bet.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Maybe we'll get Hugh DLC release date news with Slime Speedway's announcement? Just putting it out there.

Does anyone remember how long it took between NASB's listing and announcement? Because regardless of if my theory is right, I'm very fascinated by this game.

EDIT: NASB's listing was on the 10th of July, official reveal 3 days later

Last edited:

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Personally, I'm hoping they improve the drifting mechanic, because that felt awkward to me at times.

I will say, this game apparently having VA at the start is VERY interesting considering neither of the other Nickelodeon Kart Racers games had it. Perhaps NASB did some work in moving the needle in that regard?
Yeah, it seems like after the backlash All-Star Brawl had in this regard, Nick is being more aware of this for other Nickelodeon crossovers.

Which I'm not complain about, frankly.

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Thus it begins anew.
36 tracks is a very good number. The second game had 28 in comparaison. And having Watercraft could be interesting, remind me of Sonic all stars transformed. I'm pretty curious to see how it will looks. I'm assuming that most if not every characters from NASB Will be there with the same voice actors.

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
Thus it begins anew.
I hope this is real, I really loved the second Nickelodeon Kart Racers game. It had no voice acting, but the driving itself was pretty good alongside the Pit Crew characters.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
And for the 29 Nicktoons characters in KR2 nearly all of them have available voice actors that can return, with the only character needing a new one being Gerald, and they could just get Clyde's VA to voice him too.

Here's the full voice acting list:
Spongebob, Heffer, and Dog: Tom Kenny
Patrick: Bill Fagerbakke
Squidward: Roger Bumpass
Sandy: Carolyn Lawrence
Aang: Dustin Sardella
Korra: Janet Varney
Lincoln and Arnold: Bentley Griffin
Lucy: Jessica DiCiccio
Clyde and Gerald: Jahzir Bruno
Helga: Francesca Marie Smith
Tommy: Elizabeth Daily
Chuckie: Nancy Cartwright
Angelica: Cheryl Chase
Reptar: N/A
Ren and Stimpy: Billy West
Rocko: Carlos Alazraqui
Cat: Jim Cummings
Zim: Richard Steven Horvitz
GIR: Ricki Simons
Danny: David Kaufman
Leo: Seth Green
Donnie: Rob Paulsen
Mikey: Greg Cipes
Raph: Sean Astin
Shredder: Kevin Michael Richardson

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
40 characters with both kart and bike animations is impressive as hell. Like, I could kinda tell Nick were increasing game budgets after the NASB backlash, but not this much.
I'm surprised they're sticking with GameMill if this is the case. The point of the company is to publish low-budget games, and even if they're reusing every asset from NKR2, voice acting still ain't cheap.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Thus it begins anew.
Damn, over 40? We could be getting somewhere around 15 more characters than the last one? That ain't bad at all!

I liked KR2, so I'm up for another one. I hope they prioritize adding in more unrepresented shows (you know which one I'm implying here, you don't need me to say it), but at the same time I wouldn't mind a few more Avatar characters.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
The proportionately small tracklist
Despite my post saying "even if they're reusing every asset from NKR2", I'd actually assume at least half of the NKR2 tracks will be gone so they can show off water segments. And because it seems like Jojo Siwa wants to do away with Nick now.

With that being said, I'd imagine the newcomer selection will definitely include Garfield.

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
This is exciting. I'm predicting that all the previous chars from the second game stay except for Jojo, I've heard that there's some drama between her and Nick.

Raphael is pretty much already confirmed to be in, thanks to the Best Buy listing.

We also know SpongeBob, TMNT and Avatar are returning franchises. I'm curious if they're sticking with the 2012 TMNT or if they're changing them to a different generation. RotTMNT does have a movie coming up, so maybe we're getting those turtles instead. (I hope not, I'm personally not a huge fan of this version of TMNT)

Here's a list of NASB characters/franchises that aren't in Kart Racers:

TMNT
  • April
AtLA
  • Toph
The Wild Thornberrys
  • Nigel
Ren & Stimpy
  • Powdered Toast Man
AAAHH!!! Real Monsters
  • Oblina
Garfield
  • Garfield
My Life As A Teenage Robot
  • Jenny
Jimmy Neutron
  • Hugh Neurton

I predict that all of these characters are getting added into this game to avoid wasting time casting new voice actors. This would make this roster have 37 racers already, if all NASB and Nick Kart Racers 2 characters (minus Jojo) made it in. They easily could add in the main characters of some of these shows aswell, which would include Jimmy Neutron, Eliza Thornberry and Ickis. (I would add in Krumm, but I don't know how he would drive a kart.) That's 40 already.

After that, who knows what they'll add in? I'm hoping to finally see some The Fairly OddParents and Angry Beavers representation in a modern Nick game. I'd also love to see some Live Action representation (that isn't Jojo or a game show) in the game, like iCarly or Big Time Rush. Maybe even some Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide stuff?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
This is exciting. I'm predicting that all the previous chars from the second game stay except for Jojo, I've heard that there's some drama between her and Nick.

Raphael is pretty much already confirmed to be in, thanks to the Best Buy listing.

We also know SpongeBob, TMNT and Avatar are returning franchises. I'm curious if they're sticking with the 2012 TMNT or if they're changing them to a different generation. RotTMNT does have a movie coming up, so maybe we're getting those turtles instead. (I hope not, I'm personally not a huge fan of this version of TMNT)

Here's a list of NASB characters/franchises that aren't in Kart Racers:

TMNT
  • April
AtLA
  • Toph
The Wild Thornberrys
  • Nigel
Ren & Stimpy
  • Powdered Toast Man
AAAHH!!! Real Monsters
  • Oblina
Garfield
  • Garfield
My Life As A Teenage Robot
  • Jenny
Jimmy Neutron
  • Hugh Neurton

I predict that all of these characters are getting added into this game to avoid wasting time casting new voice actors. This would make this roster have 37 racers already, if all NASB and Nick Kart Racers 2 characters (minus Jojo) made it in. They easily could add in the main characters of some of these shows aswell, which would include Jimmy Neutron, Eliza Thornberry and Ickis. (I would add in Krumm, but I don't know how he would drive a kart.) That's 40 already.

After that, who knows what they'll add in? I'm hoping to finally see some The Fairly OddParents and Angry Beavers representation in a modern Nick game. I'd also love to see some Live Action representation (that isn't Jojo or a game show) in the game, like iCarly or Big Time Rush. Maybe even some Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide stuff?
I could see there being at least one major problem with Toph driving a car.

Though I'll have to rewatch the series to see if her method of "seeing" could be used when she's in a carriage or something of that nature. (plus, I've been meaning to rewatch the series for a while)

Top Bottom