• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nexus Gaming Tournament Successful!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PandaX

Smash Lord
Hey it's tomorrow. Ok stop I decided that I personally am not going to be entering, but I will be bringing people who will.

NG_Stop

Smash Journeyman
Directions to the tournament

Hey everyone!

We're really excited about the tournament! We've got everything ready to go, but first we wanted to give some more detailed directions to the place, just so no one gets lost.

The address is on our site, www.nexgaming.net if you wanna mapquest it. This is for those who are too "busy" (lazy) to =P.

The clubhouse is right off the freeway, close to where the 91 and 55 freeways meet. From the 91 going west (from corona/riverside) just take the 55 south (it'll be on the right hand side of the freeway). You're going to exit lincoln; the street is the first one you'll see coming onto the 55 freeway, it's RIGHT there. Now, when you exit, the street you will be on won't be lincoln yet, it'll be a street called Tustin. After you exit, make a left on Tustin, and then the very first light you see will be Lincoln. Make a right on Lincoln and follow the street about a mile down. After you cross some railroad tracks, you will be VERY CLOSE to cottonwood. It'll be the second street on your right hand side after you cross the railroad tracks. Be careful though, because cottonwood doesn't have a street light, it's just a side street. After you make a right into cottonwood, the clubhouse will be on your left. We'll put up some signs tomorrow morning so that it'll be a little easier to find the place. It isn't too hard, just make sure you don't miss cottonwood after the railroad tracks.

Well, we've gotta go start setting up in a little bit. Can't wait to see you all there, good luck!

Team Nexus

2kool

Smash Cadet
I think I said this already, but it won't hurt to say it again: Good luck to everyone going tomorrow. There's sure to be some great matches =] I would go, but I'm going to a local tourny tomorrow----which is probably a lot safer since it'll be my first tourny :laugh: So yeah, good luck, looking forward to the vids, and wish me luck for tomorrow! :p

Hirsine

Smash Journeyman
Well I had Fun

Let's see..
,,short shouts

AzN_lep: We did pretty good I think. Oh Yeah!! Chicken and Watermelon!

Chu: How do you like my hair? Yeahzz

Ken: Your unstoppable like ummmmmm, "The Juggernaut *****!"

Helen: Chu was being mean to you :urg:

Cao: Tried mate? :)

Mana: hmm doh forgot to metion your drawing or masterpiece

Sexy: nice hair! :laugh:

Panda: Where were you dirty sanchez jr?

Ezny Jay: Finally we fight! lol Not use to agressive Marths.

Mike Y: wow your good!

Johnny Blitz

Smash Ace
yo good job on your first tournament team nexus i think it ran very well.

i had a lot of fun playing the folks i hadnt seen since the moreno valley tournament. me and doom finally got some friendlies after the tourney died down lol. nashun's kirby is still as crazy as ever. and i got my rematch with sam haha (btw i forgot to shake ur hand after our match lol my bad dude no disrespect). oh and the dude from east coast we had some fun falcon dittos.

team nexus, the folks running the thing, were all crazy cool people, especially kim. those business cards and pens were TOOOO good haha. let me know whens the next smash tourney u hold im already there ^^.

ThomaSexy

Smash Ace
4:26AM? What the heck? Why do so many smashers post in the middle of the night?

Anyway, for a first tournament, I think you guys did an excellant job. After going to like 50 tournaments, I give you a grade of an "A." The trophies looked really nice, the prizes were decent, and the tournament ran really smoothe. I mean, it had like 40 people and when it finished, the sun was still out! So I have to give you props for that. The hosts were really friendly too. Great job guys! Too bad I was too sick to socialize with everyone more.

Voodoo Daddy

Smash Journeyman
Great tournament guys! I thought it was mad fun. I'm proud of how I did in teams... except... not sure about placing... But still mad cool stuff.

NG_Stop

Smash Journeyman
Closing Remarks

SUPER SMASH ROYALE

WAS A HUGE SUCCESS!

Ken, Chudat, Nashun, Game Slayer, Hirsine, Red X, ThomaSexy, Felipe, Shiroi, CAOTIC, Ryan Ferrer, Jay, Nezumi, Delpo, Silver Dragon, Ryan Friedman, DSF, Eddy, Dee, Erick Colobong, Jeppree, Wolf, Nazer, Sam, Keng, Blitz, Mike Y, ManaCloud, Travys Uyekawa, Tae Won, Nick L, Pnoi, Nezumi, PSHA, Jon Wadlington, Tony Henderson, HuGs, Clay Mosley, Aero, Azn_Lep, Voodoo, Inks, Daryl, Ben Martinez, Rafael, Dizy, and Slug.

I hope we didn't forget anybody!

We'd also like to give special thanks to:

Those who brought TVs and Cubes -- at the the end of the day, if it weren't for you guys, the tournament wouldn't had run as quickly and smoothly (successfully) as it did.

Vicky and Mark -- the two strangers that helped us get our venue at the LAST MINUTE when we had thought we'd lost it all.

Don, aka "Dr. Doom" for helping us keep the tournament organized, helping us run the brackets, and bringing THREE TVs -- you've been so supportive since day one, thank you so much! It was a pleasure working with you and we hope to work with you in our future tournaments!

Our friend//co-worker Rick for.... modeling our shirt... LOL, jk. For running all the errands we couldn't run. A lot of things would've been a mess without him driving around... and he didn't have ONE complaint!.... Well, except for that time I didn't write the correct directions down, haha.

Adam's family -- Paul (dad), Seth (Red X), and Ryan, for driving from Arizona to help us make this tournament happen and giving us all the support we needed.

My brother, Justin, for helping around the floor, money-guarding, lol, and running all those errands with Rick... and getting lost on the way to get the pizza with Rick, haha.

Our friend, David, who didn't even participate in the tournament, and just came in the morning to drop off his TV because he knew we needed it. ...Then he took an 8-hour nap...and woke up just to pick his TV back up, lol.

And, last, but not least...

We'd like to shout out a very special thanks to Chudat for flying all the way from Virginia just to come to our tournament. We hope our tournament didn't disappoint you, and we hope you had a lot of fun! Enjoy your stay in California for the next month! Come back again soon!

We'll have pictures, brackets, etc, updated as soon as possible! We're just as exhausted as you guys probably are, so give us a couple of days!

THANK YOU ALL ONCE AGAIN FOR COMING!

- TEAM NEXUS -

(This post is also on our site, www.nexgaming.net)

DAHKTERem

Smash Ace
lol. Great tournament guys. Thanks to Nexus for holding it and allowing it to run so smoothly. Everything went very well :)

Mana: haha, man we always seem to play each other lately. great matches as always

Blitz: dang we played a lot of friendlies before hand. Ur ganon is too tricky (regardless of what Romeo says about ganon ;)) Fun matches man, but i'll ban Mute City next time lol.

Wolf: It was a lot of fun playing you again. Umbrella take's Yoshi out of his second jump? Gaaaaaaaaaay. lol jk. I'll pick Peach next time I play my friend haha

Hugo: Ahhhh. Our matches were so close man. I'm just glad that all that Azeem training I got didn't go to waste lol. I just wanna see u f*ck up that supernova guy now haha.

Ken: I don't know how u do it. All I can say is "Ken is too good." lol. Fun matches man, and congrats on ANOTHER victory. haha

DSF: Mr. Redbull. lol. Like i said before, Marth dittos are too fun. great matches man. I wish Romeo was there so that he could see his twin haha. congrats on 3rd.

Joe: Man, we finally got some matches in. Ur Marth is getting pretty good now. I wish I could kill 4 people on the screen with a reverse Up B. haha too good.

Chu: lol i didn't know you would be coming. congrats on 2nd man.

Pat: That was pretty crazy what u did in teams with fox man. alright, let's play some DOTA. LOL.

Daryl (Jon Tran): Ahh, my smash partner for as long as I have been playing competetively. That book you were "reading" sucks. No wonder you left it at the venue. lol. We did pretty well today. good stuff man. Anteaters forever bro. ;)

Thanks again to Nexus. I had a great time. Good luck to everyone preparing for OC2! :)

sephirothken

ken combo
BRoomer
fun tournament..

Adam do you think i could possibly talk to you about getting the trophy places #? you said you'd give it to me later, i dont know where to get a hold of you

my aim is sephirothken

contact me!!

jake the boy

Smash Ace
Johnny Blitz said:
DOTA = defense of the ancients? if so haha i played that game religously for like a year or two u guys ever play let me know ^^
Tides of Blood > DOTA :p

Theres nothing in Oakhurst >.<

I wish I couldve been back home 2XX miles away and not missed this tournament, I wanted to play Chu >.<

TeamNexus

Smash Rookie
Tournament Updates!

Sorry it took so long, but we finally have the bracket and photos up!​

To check out the photos go to our photo site @ nexusgaming.myphotoalbum.com. Stop by and leave some comments!

We also have the singles brackets up!

Click HERE to check them out, they will also be in our Bracket Archives on the Nexus site.

We have our winner also posted in our Hall of Fame.

Check it all out!

Again, thank you all for coming! If you have any questions, please let us know!

- Team Nexus -

REDRAGON

Smash Ace
Hmmmm in the low tier i got like 33 out of 49 and i:

1) Did not sign up for low tier so i used Roy who i NEVER play as.
2) And i had to leave after i won so i could have gotton higher....

lol, my friend and i got DESTROYED in teams though... lol

JMW

Smash Apprentice
agreed romeo. i saw this up and though um didnt they just say it was going to be a while before another and they already made another thread. oh well probably why he placed were he did in low tier....failure to realize thee obvious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom