• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nexus Gaming Tournament Successful!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jake the boy

Smash Ace
Aw shucks

I just found out I'm leaving for Mammoth for a family vacation on the 29th. Looks like I'm getting no free pens :(

So yeah, you can take me off the registrant list.

I'll see everyone at OC2 though :p

NG_Stop

Smash Journeyman
jake the boy said:
I just found out I'm leaving for Mammoth for a family vacation on the 29th. Looks like I'm getting no free pens :(

So yeah, you can take me off the registrant list.

I'll see everyone at OC2 though :p

No problem.

Have fun! ^_^

Hope to see you at our next tourney.

- Stop

ShiroinoKaze

Smash Cadet
You can mark another person not going to the tourny. My friend said he has a church retreat that weekend and can't make it.

WhatIsFear

Smash Ace
so this is coming up pretty sooon eh :T. stop, perhaps you should change the title so the date of the tourney appears in the title? that way its easier to notice :]

PandaX

Smash Lord
I agree with fear. You'll attract more people, and sometimes if the date isn't on there, you'll also get people who have registered but forgot when it was.

The time is looming closer. I'll be there, but still debating on participating.

NG_Stop

Smash Journeyman
SITE - NEWS & UPDATES

Hey everybody!

I know it's been awhile since we last updated, but don't worry. We've been working very hard to make this tournament the best that it can be. Tonight we've got a few updates on how things have been going and got some info that you should all know about.

First, instead of giving out medals for the 1st-3rd place finishers for the singles tournament, we're going to give out trophies. The reason why we changed it was because after looking at many different stores both locally and online, we found that no one makes customized medals for any reasonable price unless we order them in bulk (we would have to order 100-200 medals at a time). But, while we were looking for medals we did find a place that makes very nice trophies that can be customized any way that we want them to be. We already placed the order for the trophies, and they will come in time for the tournament.

Second, our t-shirts finally came in! They turned out really nice, and we were impressed with the quality of the material and of our logo that we put on them. We'll be selling our shirts at the tournament for $15 each, and we'll have them in small, medium, and large. We'll have pictures of the shirts on the site soon so you can take a look to see what they look like.

Third, we wanted to ask you all if you could help us a little bit with the tournament. So far, we have three T.V.s and a projector for people to hold matches on (so total we have four places for people to play matches on). We also have two gamecubes and memory cards for each. Our goal is to have 6-7 places for people to play matches on; five or six to play tournament matches on, and we wanted one T.V. for people to play friendlies on throughout the tournament so you all have something to do to entertain yourselves while matches are being played. To do this, we need 2-3 more T.V.'s, and 4-5 more gamecubes to hook up to them. If I have to, I'll buy the extra gamecubes myself if it comes to that, but we'd really appreciate it if anyone could donate their gamecubes//memory cards for the day. If you can, please e-mail us ASAP at Team.Nexus@hotmail.com. We really would appreciate the help, so please let us know if you can bring a gamecube or a T.V.

Lastly, on the morning of the tournament we will be putting up signs both on the nearest street corner and on the clubhouse so that it's easier to find the place. Next week we'll post more detailed directions about how exactly to get to the clubhouse. It isn't too hard to find, but we just wanna make sure that no one gets lost.

So far that's our update on what's been going on for the past couple of weeks. We'll update as often as we can as soon as anything important comes up.

Hope to see you at our tournament!

Team Nexus

jake the boy

Smash Ace
On the poll on your site, you should change Castlevania IV to the first one on NES.

But I'm just saying that because I already do speed runs on it and my record is a minute away from the world record :p

Still, thats a pretty orignal idea to have a tournament dedicated to speed runs. I would try to enter one if you did it, regardless of the game.

Nashun

Smash Ace
Is dr. d00m's falco going to grace us with his presence in this tourney? i still wanna face your falco. my kirby's improved a lot since your tournament so im hoping to place a bit better on this one.

2kool

Smash Cadet
Sup all, haven't been on here in a while, but I decided to hit the site up since I'm entering a sort of casual tourny next week =] Unfortunately though it's on the 29th, so I can't make the Nexus tourny since it's the same day =/ I mean, the Nexus tourny is earlier than the unofficial tourny, BUT this will be my first one so I figure it'd probably be better to just try my luck at the casual tourny.

ANYWAYS good luck to everyone attending, I wanna start going to tournies at least semi-regularly :D ha ha.

Oh, something I wanted to poing out for the ones attending the Nexus tourny----the nexusgaming site says 10$ entry fee, but on here NG posted 15$ at the door. Just thought I'd point that out. Peace.

Charoo

Smash Champion
this tourney seems fun but a party at the beach so much better too...

oh the dillema

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Not really, beach is the way to go! Good to get some sun in. Join me at Capistrano Beach this weekend if you can. Yayyuhzz!

DieSuperFly

Smash Lord
Money and hoes!!! right hugs? hehe..but yeah lets team =)

DAHKTERem.........................................make that 500 cents

how about pikachu vs kirby =P Nashun

HugS

Smash Champion
Southern California (818) San fernando valley
DieSuperFly said:
Money and hoes!!! right hugs? hehe..but yeah lets team =)

DAHKTERem.........................................make that 500 cents

how about pikachu vs kirby =P Nashun
LETS GOOOOOO!

People need to come to this tournament, it's gonna be too good!

Alex, what should our team name be?

1. Lets Gophers
2. Money and hoes!!! (Still don't know why you said that, lol)
3. West Coast Guardians

dr. d00m

Smash Cadet
Nashun said:
Is dr. d00m's falco going to grace us with his presence in this tourney? i still wanna face your falco. my kirby's improved a lot since your tournament so im hoping to place a bit better on this one.
Yeah I'll be there nate. We can get some matches in before and after the tourney. You guys wanna get some practice beforehand on friday?

jake the boy

Smash Ace
Eternal phoenix Fire said:
*Sigh*I don't know if i'll make it.I have no mode of transportation.

I've never even been to a tournament,due to the fact there aren't that many in SoCal. :(
Wow...just wow.

Theres been atleast 3 tournaments every month, then theres OC2 next month....theres alot of tournments in socal.

Dodger

Smash Ace
I don't have a partner Chu, so if you can't find anyone else, we could team. I should at least be somewhat better than a level 9.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom