• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nexus Gaming Tournament Successful!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhatIsFear

Smash Ace
hell ive been goin to like every tourney the past two weeks, so ill probably somehow end up here too

NG_Stop

Smash Journeyman
Smash Royale - Orange, Ca - July 29, 2006 - Rules & Regulations

Ok everyone, here's what you've all been waiting for, we're finally opening up the registration for Team Nexus's first tournament! Here is all of the information that you need to know about what exactly is going to happen.

The tournament is going to be held on July 29, 2006. Doubles will start at 11:00 A.M., and singles after. However, we will be letting people in as early as 10 to warm up and to get ready to play. The address is: 2900 N. Cottonwood St. Orange, CA 92865, it's right by where the 91 and 55 freeways intersect. You can Mapquest it.

ENTRY FEES at the door:
- Singles - $10.00 ($10 per person)
- Doubles - $10.00 ($20 per team of 2)

The prizes are going to be as follows:
- Singles
- 1st Place - A brand new Nintendo DS Lite ($129.99), a 1st place trophy, and a t-shirt
- 2nd Place - $50 gift certificate to Game Crazy, a 2nd place trophy, and a t-shirt
- 3rd Place - $20 gift certificate to Game Crazy, a 3rd place trophy, and a t-shirt
- Doubles - 70% of the doubles entry fees (not singles entry fees) will be distributed as prize money
- 1st Place - 60% of the prize money
- 2nd Place - 30% of the prize money
- 3rd Place - 10% of the prize money

We will also be selling food and snacks, drinks, t-shirts, and... of course, the FREE PENS! :p

Most Importantly!!!! HERE ARE THE RULES & REGULATIONS:

MATCHES
- 1v1
- Best 2 out of 3
- 4 stock
- 8 minute limit
- No items

For the first match, there will be a blind pick for the characters (both players will let the judge know who they will be playing with before the match begins. This way, someone can't choose a counter-character for the first round).

In a set of three, after the first match the first loser will first let the winner know what stage they want to play on for the second round. After that, the winner can choose their character, and then the loser can choose their character. If the score becomes 1-1, than the winner of the first game gets those same advantages (being able to pick the stage and character last).

Any unneccesary pausing of the game will result in a forefeit of that match.

STAGES
- Final Destination (of course)
- Battlefield
- Kirby's Dreamland
- Fountain of Dreams
- Kento Pokemon Stadium.
- Yoshi's Story

Stages will be chosen at random for the first match unless both players can agree on a stage before the match begins

OVERALL TOURNAMENT
- Double elimination (which means there will be a winners and a losers bracket)

The final match will be the winner of the winners bracket vs the winner of the losers bracket.
Because the winner of the winners bracket worked a little harder to get so far, in the finals match, the winner of the losers bracket will have to beat the winner of the winners bracket two times (in order to make up for the loss that they got earlier in the tournament). We think that this is the most fair way to do it.

SPECIAL RULES FOR DOUBLES MATCHES

- All rules for the doubles tournament are the same as the singles except for the following:
- Fountain of Dreams is banned from the available stages to play on
- Team attack will be turned on (players can do damage to their teammates)

Also, everyone PLEASE BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLER! We'll provide everything else, the gamecubes, the T.V.'s, the memory cards, and everything else. Again, BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLERS! Also, only standard gamecube controllers will be allowed, basically this means no mods. We'll inspect your controller at the door when you come in.

So there you have it, registration is open, so please register as soon as you can so that we have an idea of how many people are going to come. Thank you all for your participation and good luck to everyone! We look forward to seeing you all there!

Team Nexus

NG_Stop

Smash Journeyman
jake the boy said:
Sweet, July 29th. Can't wait.

Do you only do smash tournaments? I would play in a Halo 2 or MvC2 tourney if there was one.
No, we don't just do smash. We chose smash because we thought//knew it would get a lot of hype in a strange way. We'll have a Halo 2 tourney later this year. We'll have info on that after THIS tourney is finished... if it is successful.

^_^

To all the ppl who have registered, thank you!
And, we hope you enjoy yourselves at our tournament!

ShiroinoKaze

Smash Cadet
I hope there will be instructions when we get in there, this'll be my first tourny since I could never really find any.

NG_Stop

Smash Journeyman
No worries

ShiroinoKaze said:
I hope there will be instructions when we get in there, this'll be my first tourny since I could never really find any.
Like I said, you'll be fine ;) It's cool to know that our tournament may be the first you go to. It can break you out of your shell.

Don't feel intimated when you come in, we'll let you know what's going if you have any questions (best to come in early then).

All that we want from YOU, is to have fun. :chuckle:

- NG_Stop

NG_Stop

Smash Journeyman
Didn't you ask me this before??? Lol.

Zenith said:
Do you expect some REAL pro to attend, such as DSF, Ken or Mana?

As far as I know, Ken isn't. I've heard around that he's currently in Japan, and we're all not sure when he'll be back, if not in time for ours to even know of it.

As far as DSF or Mana, I really don't know... yet.

:chuckle: You'll find out soon.

- NG_Stop

ShiroinoKaze

Smash Cadet
I've convinced some friends to go with me since I know they like the game. But I think one may not go right now because I made him mad since I was trying to train him to be better. (He got mad cause he kept losing not because I was mean) He registered though so he'll probably go, still a month left anyway.

NG_Stop

Smash Journeyman
Lol...

ShiroinoKaze said:
I've convinced some friends to go with me since I know they like the game. But I think one may not go right now because I made him mad since I was trying to train him to be better. (He got mad cause he kept losing not because I was mean) He registered though so he'll probably go, still a month left anyway.
Yeah, it's still a month away. So maybe it'll give him time to cool down and maybe really think about it. But, eh, he DID register though, haha.

What is this? ... Conflict mediation now? lol

Jk. But, hey don't stress out over it.

- NG_Stop

Zander805

Smash Ace
NOOOO!!!!!!!!! I'm not gonna be able to come to this. I'm gonna be travelling through Europe though, so I'll probably have more fun than you guys anyway, so take that!!!!!! ^^

Sorry CAO, I guess we won't be able to bust out the CAOTIC ZANDER SUPER ATTACK!!!!...... ><

My next tournament will be MLG Anaheim, so I guess I'll see everyone there.

NG_Stop

Smash Journeyman
Zander805 said:
NOOOO!!!!!!!!! I'm not gonna be able to come to this. I'm gonna be travelling through Europe though, so I'll probably have more fun than you guys anyway, so take that!!!!!! ^^

Sorry CAO, I guess we won't be able to bust out the CAOTIC ZANDER SUPER ATTACK!!!!...... ><

Too bad we'll be missing you! Next tournament, eh?

Have fun in Europe! (hater, lol)

- NG_Stop

Zenith

Smash Ace
NG_Stop said:
As far as I know, Ken isn't. I've heard around that he's currently in Japan, and we're all not sure when he'll be back, if not in time for ours to even know of it.

As far as DSF or Mana, I really don't know... yet.

:chuckle: You'll find out soon.

- NG_Stop
Well if Ken is in Japan then Mana is too. They are bros after all.

DSF, I bet he'll come and kill us all and win that DS Lite............and.......that...........Gold Medal

I know for sure I'm not gonna place in the top 10. SoI'm reserving a DS Lite for me later.

Oh yeah, what's this about registering?

Zenith

Smash Ace
Noooooooooooooooooo......................Not HugS!!

My chances of placing big in this tourney have just dropped to 0.

NG_Stop

Smash Journeyman
Someone wants that gold medal...

Zenith said:
Well if Ken is in Japan then Mana is too. They are bros after all.

DSF, I bet he'll come and kill us all and win that DS Lite............and.......that...........Gold Medal

I know for sure I'm not gonna place in the top 10. SoI'm reserving a DS Lite for me later.

Oh yeah, what's this about registering?

Yeah, if you're coming to our tournament (or highly plan to), we would like you to register through our site on this page (click). It just makes it easier for us to organize and keep track of the possible number of people who are walking through the door.

Just makes it a little more easier to set up. ^_^

...And, dude...

You want that gold medal and you're telling me that you won't even place in the top 10??! Gah! You can't want it and say you can't get it... -_-" It doesn't work that way, lol.

- NG_Stop

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Zander805 said:

No you wont, I'll make sure I'll have more fun than you!!! Buahaha

<3 Zander

Ky Kiske

Smash Ace
A friend of mine told me about your site and this tournament and the invitation he received. I'm not sure if I'll attend this one but I would very much like to. Summer isn't the time to let your Smash skills die out, it's the ideal time to improve them! I still have to make sure that I'm not doing anything on the day of the event.

Zenith

Smash Ace
I wanna win every tourney I go to NG. Itz just that you can't have something your INCAPABLE of earning. Rather than wanting to earn something, but no you can't get it. Thatz Hipicritical.

Besides, itz a month away so best believe a few pros will notice.
OC is packed with smashers.

NG_Stop

Smash Journeyman
Zenith said:
I wanna win every tourney I go to NG. Itz just that you can't have something your INCAPABLE of earning. Rather than wanting to earn something, but no you can't get it. Thatz Hipicritical.

Lol...
You're great.

NG_Stop

Smash Journeyman
Attention!!!!

We will be adding DOUBLES to our tournament!

So, that means we're changing the entry fee:

$10 for singles
$10 for doubles ($20/team basically)

We will have the rules for doubles posted very soon.​

NG_Stop

Smash Journeyman
ShiroinoKaze said:
Oooo, can we enter both? But I don't have enough money if I wanna enter both though... ****...

Yea,h you can enter both. So technically, if you wanted to do singles AND doubles, you'd pay the flat rate of $20 total.

ShiroinoKaze

Smash Cadet
I'll be anyone's partner if anyone doesn't mind a ... decent or below player. I should be able to dig up enough money to enter singles and doubles.

Zenith

Smash Ace
I'm always lookin for partners.

JUST LIKE NOW!!!

I always enter both singles and doubles in tourneys cuz I hate having to sit for singles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom