• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nexus Gaming Presents: SUPER SMASH ROYALE III, April 28, 2007 in San Bernardino, CA-

Status
Not open for further replies.

trafficwarden99

Smash Journeyman
Dang...
Just gotta out of work. :/
Can't wait to see these results.
And I'm super happy about my awesome Nexus T-shirt. =)

ModusOperandi

Smash Cadet
I had a great time competing at this, it definitely ran really slow and long, but I did better in Low tier than I would have ever hoped to, and I had the great experience of playing really amazing players in my singles pool/friendlies so all is well. Once I am done with school at the end of may I intend to be a more familiar face in the competitive scene. Thanks to all I talked to and played, I had a blast. Oh and everyone was also very nice to my wonderful lady (sunday) throughout the duration of the tournament. Thanks to all that involved her in your pokemon stuff, she's quite avid about her pearl.

Until next time.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
**** tourny, Nexus is toooooooooo good.

Shoutouts:

DSF: Wtf I had your Doc beat!

Rickety and Yojo: Sheik dittos are too good. I think I'm starting to like them.

Emerican: I'll never get over that waveland to reverse knee off Pokemon Stadium platform. Your Falcon is mind blowing.

Falcons in general: Played a million Falcons today, too good

Falcos in general: Seems all I played were Falcos and Falcons. Very nice money matches Romeo619, Larry, Zenith, Brian, P Body... Falco's too good.

Nintendo King: Two bucks!

Didn't see a lot of Peaches or Samuses today, which is always good. Floaties = bad.

Wamp wamp what it do!

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Ugh, I'm so tired.

On a sidenote, 17/116 isnt too bad :)

Knivez

Smash Ace
wow stfu jake, you want a pat on your back?

good stuff today I GUESS.

WOW *****

Johnny Blitz

Smash Ace
absolutely great tournament as always from NEXUS. my holy beef with the tournament is ken and isai didnt play the final set and instead they split the prize money. BOOOOO.

nublet06

Smash Lord
when i woke up this morning i told myself i wasnt going to go to this tournament because i would end up coming home at 2 in the morning asking myself why the heck i put myself through this crap. well i was wrong. i ended up going and coming home at 3 am instead.

thank you to norcal for coming

thank you to nexus staff for trying to run this hectic tournament.

this is the last time i go to a low tier tournament or a tournament with low tiers involved. 3 events with 120+ people was ********. it was impossible for people to know what was actually supposed to be happening. and there were very few people actually getting their hands dirty and making sure people were playing matches and moving things along. I was about half way through low tier.....in losers bracket in doubles....and havent even started my pool and i was already tired. i had been gogin around making sure people were doing what they were supposed to be doing because i thought the day would never end. this tournament was just too much.

Raging_Missiles

Smash Journeyman
i thought the day would never end. this tournament was just too much.
i agree , this tourney was so mind numbingly long that when i first got there i got Hugs down to one stock and then my the end of the night i was getting pwned left and right by ppls secondaries :( . Although on the plussside Blitz gave to buck s for going 2-0 on Nashun (i thinks thats his name )haah ahha good times (although i got to say his kirby is sick :)

$BONE$

Smash Ace
shout outs

wolf - that was a painfully close "mm". too bad i live so far away, i'd like to play the rest of your
crew. you and hugs both are very talented & humble unlike many smashers. i have alot of respect for that.

arash - thanks for the advice.

hugo - i'll get you back with a set one of these days. thanks for playing me.

romeo - i've never seen a captain falcon take a match off edrees.. till i met you.

nintendoking - its very disrespectful to interrupt serious matches, you were decent until you opened your mouth.

whatisfear - those were some good games.

elite 4 - good**** as always.

tony -

Mindphazzer

Smash Apprentice
Not to sound like a jerk or anything, but my Falco and Fox were absolutely sucking yesterday I have no idea why, the tvs felt slower than I'm used to. My Roy however, did pretty good. ^^; I recorded some videos of Ken's pool matches which I will be uploading to youtube in a sec. I need everyones help to find the name of the Ganondorf he played since I have no idea who it was. The Luigi he played in his pool was Ultra right?

joejoe22802

Smash Ace
shoooooooot that was pretty good.

shoutouts

Neighborhood- Fun sheik dittos and yea ur captain aint that bad but i still should have won hehehe johns johns johns lol

Danny- :urg: ur still too good way to **** me in pools

David- i need my two dollar hahahaha

Dehf- Man ur falco was sick! way to **** it up hopefully well play again.

Leepuff- FUn doubles and falco vs captain at the end man u get better everytime!

Nashun-"omg chris would have replied this post ten times earlier!!" hhaha too funny

Anyways this was fun and im still freakin tired >.>

Ill bring the Yoyo next time even though i dont do it anymore cause Mike Y told me i disapointed 120 people >.> lol

Ultra Luigi

Smash Ace
Not to sound like a jerk or anything, but my Falco and Fox were absolutely sucking yesterday I have no idea why, the tvs felt slower than I'm used to. My Roy however, did pretty good. ^^; I recorded some videos of Ken's pool matches which I will be uploading to youtube in a sec. I need everyones help to find the name of the Ganondorf he played since I have no idea who it was. The Luigi he played in his pool was Ultra right?
The Ganon player is called St. Patrick, and yeah that was me.

That pool was too good. :(

Mindphazzer

Smash Apprentice

Saint Patrick

Smash Ace
Alright cool, Thanks. Ultra, I like your Luigi a lot dude. I'm hoping one day my weird pink Luigi can make it up to your skill one day...one day...

First video is up, Ken vs St. Patrick. I only recorded the ending since that's when I got a hold of my camcorder. Sorry guys. [Ill be updating this post when the other videos finish processing]

http://youtube.com/watch?v=skF24PNXP8w

Ken vs St. Patrick 2
http://youtube.com/watch?v=FeHu8cqO7ms
Haha dude, thanks so much for recording this. Ken and his Asian stealth tricks on Ivysaur <_<

Shout outs later. This tournament was too much. Good time =P

Mindphazzer

Smash Apprentice
I agree, and it was no problem really. If someone brings a laptop next time, I can upload them to their computer so I can keep recording more and more matches. My camcorder can only record so much. x_x;

Nes

Smash Lord
This tourney was awesome I enjoyed it.:)

Shoutouts:

Lee Puff:singles and doubles where too good.:) you're too funny man with the says."I dont want that at my house" where's Lee Doc!? haha

Rofl: your fox owns man

Romeo619: good match your shiek is good

Feztizio:bad *** driving skills haha getting Taco Bell at 3AM

BoA: good matches

Teba: MvC2 is too good.:)

Ultra:I know we didnt play but it was cool hanging out with you guys at the end

Plan 9: Wheres my cat *****!? haha jk. yeah dude $5 pokemon mm? be sure to power up. haha team Arnoooooooooooooooooold!

Yojo:Sheiks too good man, beat the **** out of my peach.:)

Nashun: Your Kirby is too good.

SNPR:Good match on pool.

Ultra Luigi

Smash Ace
I think shoutouts would take way too long so I'll just keep it short.

Tis a shame what happened in teams but I admit defeat. That Lee Rest is too good.

No Ken in low tiers but at least I played in pools.

The St. Patrick is too good with that Ganon.

Next time I’ll make sure not to look down when someone tells me to. Scarred for life :urg:

Sorry for no glove matches, I didn't have any money left.

Great talking and playing smash with a lot of people.

Jesus for Brawl!

Arash

Smash Lord
too lazy to do shoutouts, but there were a few that i can't resist..

thomasexy - really sad to hear it was your last tournament, good luck with whatever you end up doing. and good ish on making singles bracket

mike - teams were so close!! we'll get em next time though

edrees & wolf - that match was freaking close... i just took it personally since it was on brinstar and i almost never lose on brinstar, so... no hard feelings:) congrats on 2nd

dsf & bob$ - see above. also, good stuff bob for 3rd in singles

isai - craaazy isai! it was good to see you again, hopefully it will happen again soon

NK - we need to play more often, random matches are too good

rofl - bowser will get his revenge

bone & tony - you guys need to have more faith in your abilities, you were doing so well yesterday!

mango - never fails to surprise me

leepuff + emerican - you guys make a really good team

helen - stop taking myspace pictures

nezumi - good seeing you again as always

and ken - the smash king, blazed through almost all his matches and made it look easy, though he had to sell out and play luigi through almost all of low tier:(

luigi in low tier btw is rigged, bowser stood no chance

Zenith

Smash Ace
Shout outs:
Ultra Luigi & ROFL: Ya'll Luigis are too good

P (or should I say Adam): Good Sheik man, and your rushdown falcon.

NK: No matches wtf

St. Patrick: Best Ganon at this tourney.

PACK: Good IC's keep it up.

6th Sense: TEACH ME HOW TO DESYCH!!!

Arash: No matches wtf

I placed pretty high in Low-tiers.

Smash Rookie
Fun fun tournament.

Psh you people complain about getting home late. Me Ultra and plan had to leave at midnight to even GET home at 2. had we stayed all tournament we'd a got home at 5 lol.

WTB more 805 tourneys lol.

Anyway, tournament was fun, Nexus, awesome as usual.

Fear, Patrick, Ultra, the other dudes I was talkin to, good talkin to ya lol. ANd good matches. Patrick ur ganon is too good. IT hurts my pride.

PS - HAHAHAHAHA ULTRA! That'll teach you to look down. lol.

Anyways, cant wait for the next one.

Rickety

Peace and Love
Yay for Saint Patrick for beating Ultra and getting so close to Ken!

Yay for Bone for beating Germ's Link and taking a game off Hugs

Yay for Azn Lep for waking up in time to join us :]

Yay for Edrees in Teams and for being Edrees :]

Yay for Tony for beating Teba in Pools and almost making the bracket.

Yay for Romeo619 taking a game off Azeems Samus!

And Yay for me for... winning a T-shirt :]

<3
rick(ety)

MaNg0

Smash Hero
Nexus was to goood but low tier took so long... like all day .. good games.. Boa is still to good ... and lee puff.. and teba .. lucky still sucks

Lesheik

Smash Lord
It was a good tournament... even though it was hot as hell and I was broke (no food or drinks).

HugS: Yay, you four-stocked my Jigs! It did good against you when we were playing a friendlie, but in the tournament, you ripped it apart. Money Match next time. (Preferrably your Ganon, lol) I WILL USE MARTH!!!!

I didn't change my name, my name was always Fly_Leaf entering tournaments.

DEHF: Your good, Larry, but GERM owned you! Work through different styles, and don't be scared of him. His germs are not contagious.. at least I think. XD

RAGE: Remember that rest? If that was recorded I would be legendary. :p

NES: LOL, Jigs. Peach, :(

Kira: I haven't played you in 4 months, hopefully we can get a match next time.

Ken: You're better live than you are on Youtube. Nexus was like heaven, all of the godly people were there.. I'll money-match you sometime, at least I'll get you to play me.

ManaCloud: I want to money-match you too, your Falco was terrifying, but I overcame my fear and I'm ready now.

J666: Yes, we owe you some paper... We'll get that to you.

Festi: We need a friendlie!

DC: That falcon is too good..

KREW

Smash Rookie
This was my first tournament and it was tight
Can't wait to start joining more

emerican

Smash Ace
really long day... low tier took FORVER, my pool took FOREVER.. and it was hot as hell. but it was still fun :)

doubles: gg's :) i guess lee puff and I make a good team... watchout 4 team SP & SB at UCLA
pools: i had fun talking with all you guys while we watched hour long peach and samus dittos.. then i had to wake isai up.. which was.... strange..... ........ .....

singles: took too long to get rolling.
romeo - i've never seen a captain falcon take a match off edrees.. till i met you.
i played edrees in bracket.. i dont even think romeo played his falcon in singles the whole night.
-gg edrees, was pretty close set

-gg St. Patrick, falcon is too much for ganon
-gg romeo, guess i shouldn't of been playing falcon either.

i played SO many **** friendlies, once again... too bad nexus robbed me (10 per person for teams, wtf?) otherwise i woulda had some money match cash. I know a lot of people asked me for mm's, sorry, maybe next time.

araknophobik

Smash Master
Sooooo ummmm, what was with all that drama with Mike and DSF? Anyone care to elaborate?
lmao i was at work during this portion of the tournament, but even i know not to bring it up thomas
just dont drag on the situation

but i agree with alex, it had to be done...
lmao nintendo king is hilarious, dude we should deff team when i go up to norcal, sorry i left you to team with savage blue boy ahaha
germ's impersonation of alex is the funniest thing ive ever seen
zoap and snap- you took me out of doubles >=0 haha gg though
delphiki and bobby were chill as hell
sidefx- lol "its the bol back" haha ****ing alex
and isai-i wanted you to win, and 20 people stayed until 2 am just to watch you and ken in the finals.

...and then you and ken decide to split =(
lol awesome sheik though, ****s so crazy

$ick

Smash Lord
Meh I guess I'll do my little shoutout list. This tourny was pretty cool, of course it was really hot, but all tournaments are...

Boa: One of the coolest guys I've met at a tourny, and crazy good too... Was fun playing you and Teba in teams, Duck and I got a lot of tips from you guys. :) Look forward to playing ya at UCLA.
Mike Y: Thanks for the friendly. Always wanted to play you.
P: I guess I shouldn't have played one of the more egotistical smashers to warm up with huh?
Danimals : Was pretty cool that we split in pools, but you beat me pretty badly the 2nd match.
Wolf: Man down to 1 stock to whether or not I make it out of pools, but your Peach was just too much for me..:( hehe
NK: Man your personality made me play so much more aggressive lol, was fun playin ya in teams. Next time I'm in NorCal I'm sure you can get revenge on me in singles.
Ultra: Thanks for the compliments on my y.link, I'll practice him more and more. Maybe with more than a weeks worth of practice he can amount to something hehe.
Fear: Glad I got to play you in some friendlies, but I still wanna play your Gannon... You **** in Falco dittos.
The Nexus Guys: Thanks for such a cool tourny. Don't worry about the people whinning about it's imperfections, people are rarely satisfied. :)

xDARKLINKx

Smash Ace
lmao i was at work during this portion of the tournament, but even i know not to bring it up thomas
just dont drag on the situation

but i agree with alex, it had to be done...

lol ***** thomas bringing up old ****.

but fabian your wrong, it did not have to be done, you act as if mike has been a physical threat to anybody. of course people dislike him cuz hes a **** to people but still its just over a game and he didnt deserve to be physically threatend even though he talks **** about people, YOU and EVERYBODY else knows that we all talk **** about him AND each other no matter how much we like some people or dont like them, its what makes it fun. I mean someone should know that most of **** talk is usually never serious anyways, out of all the times ive said"wow you fuking suck balls" ive only meant it once when i was playing dannys marth, but even then danny didnt try and fight me, especially with his uncanny ability to do only 20 push ups.

but i mean it was pretty ****ed up that that happened i feel bad for mike and them cuz now itll be akward every tourney. but just to let mike know, i dont hate you, i just like talking **** for no reason but i never really mean it, my bad if you thought i was serious. cuz after that i think everyone should just have fun playing and dont hold any grudges its waste of time, especially over this gayas$ game. this game sucks it only has like 4 good characters anyways.

im gonna start playing gears me and mango are too good, but azeem i heard u were good too lets play n1gger, so far danny and wolf sucked so i hope you live up to the hype =]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom