• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Update: Stickers

JPW

Smash Ace
yeah the stickers do look to be our new collectible. And i'm pretty sure future updates will allow Wiis to use a printer, if they hope for you to surf the net they got to have at least a print option. If you want to get really technical you could actually try and make your own stickers. There are 2 USB ports at the back if i'm not mistaken.... (Printer anyone? Sticker Paper? They are available at certain shops.)

Just imagine I could coat the Wii with my stickers.

I could have the entire Roster with all their stickers on the front of the Wii.

But yeah this look fun and could bring out the kid/Smash fan in me.

I actually like this idea. But it probably be something for fun.

God what's wrong with you people. You all treat Smash Bros. like it's a serious fighting game.

Sure this is cheesy and probably childish even, but whatever happen to the kids in you. Don't tell me you grew up, because if you have you most likely wouldn't be able to play Video Games. Because you'd be out there getting drunk, getting laid, and doing other cool stuff. That you can do when you're over 18.... whoops sorry 21. Forgot, over here i'm not talking to Aussies, or Brits. Or you could be working and trying to raise a family. And if you are raising just imagine how you kids are energetic and full of sugar, and go crazy for these easy gimmicks.

You have to admit there's a part of you that still wants to be a kid. And that's why we still and I still play Video Games.

Live with it!

If I was in it for realistic factor I wouldn't be playing this game here.

Now I feel I said enough on this. This will get old after the first few weeks so I wouldn't worry too much. I'd probably drop like that so called Camera Mode in Special Melee in a couple of weeks. I just want to make a Mario vs Sonic Sticker.

That's if Sonic makes the cut, and gets a sticker.

Royboy

Smash Apprentice
i think we'll have both, stickers and trophies. Maybe the stickers are only substitutes of the camera mode.

"Stickers are easier to get a hold of than trophies. Just play the game and you’ll start to earn them as rewards." Sakurai just say that they are easier to earn than the trophies. I don't think he will get rid of them.

Fawriel

Smash Master
...I'm not sure whether anyone read my theory.
...oh well.

JPW's got it right, by the way. Very good post.

Ryuujiin

Smash Apprentice
I dunno why people seem to think these are replacing trpohies.

"Stickers are easier to get a hold of than trophies. Just play the game and you’ll start to earn them as rewards."

All that means is that they're easier to obtain and more prominent than trophies, not that there are no trophies.

Anywho cute doggie :grin:. Think there'll be more random stickers like the doggie? I don't think that's supposed to be from Nintendogs.

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
I dunno why people seem to think these are replacing trpohies.

"Stickers are easier to get a hold of than trophies. Just play the game and you’ll start to earn them as rewards."

All that means is that they're easier to obtain and more prominent than trophies, not that there are no trophies.

Anywho cute doggie :grin:. Think there'll be more random stickers like the doggie? I don't think that's supposed to be from Nintendogs.
Except that trophies are now items. I'm sure you still collect them to expand your library of random assist characters, but stickers seem to cover all characters, regardless of their place in Smash... Thus replacing Melee trophies.

Gargomon251

Smash Journeyman
About the gamecube buttons:

Sakurai said:
I suppose I would recommend the Nintendo GameCube controller, though. I like the feel of that powerful rumble.
Also, unless you can stick stickers on something ELSE, I think this update sucks. And they BETTER NOT replace trophies. The may not be exactly "useful", but they were VERY detailed.

The Franchise

Smash Journeyman
So they've changed the collectible item for brawl from trophies to stickers. To me it has pros and cons. It's unforunate that we will no longer have 3-D models of the stuff to look at but at the sam time, Sakurai does say that these will be a lot easier to get then trophies which is nice considering some of those trophies were a pain to get in melee. Judging by the images shown so far, it also looks like we will get a much larger selection.

Either way, this is something that doesn't effect the gameplay of Brawl so it's not like its the end of the world or something.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Holy friggin ****.

This is really kiddy, this is really realllly gay. Trophies.. are cool. Stickers are for grade school kids when they learn their friggin' timestables.

Smash isn't about stickers, its about violence. Its about captain falcon stepping on ness head and kneeing him in the gut, then backflip kicking him, then kneeing him in the face, crushing his skull and spine while electrocuting him, sending him flying into obvlivion.

Severed heads would make better trophies.

Aeramis

Smash Ace
Lmao, I agree with Dylan_Tnga. What a pointless thing to put into Brawl.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
If I could give warnings for stupid....this isn't Mortal Kombat.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
If I could give warnings for stupid....this isn't Mortal Kombat.
It isn't Dora the explorer either. They're purposefully making this game way more than ever for little kids. Melee had a broader perspective in terms of age, I think.

I just dont like the attitude. Friendly looking stickers? .. Why, why would anyone here like this?

Who wants to play smash brothers and collect stickers, anyone?

Bah, anyway its not really imortant, its just something else to collect. But I gotta say the kiddy stickers pale in comparison to the trophies, 3d zoom and all that... links mastersword. Verry nice indeed. :chuckle:

Aeramis

Smash Ace
I don't see anyway at all that could be fun for anyone over the age of 6 (even then most kids would get bored of it after about 30 mins) and on top on that, if you did save screenshots of stickers it would eat up more memory. IMO they could have left it out or used something else entirely. On a side note there might be more to them then what was revealed but maybe not.

Rash

Smash Ace
On the outside it seems kind of lame. But, I guess when you think about it for a while, stickers can't be that bad; collectibles are always fun no matter what they are. At least there's plenty of creativity here.

I'm just glad these aren't replacing trophies.

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
If you can actually create comic-like strips with this, then the appeal will be far greater than just a 6-year old's toy. I know I'd be having fun with this in lieu of making snapshots.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Personally, my inner child squeals with delight.

Also, it's not like trophies are actually gone. I think.
My theory is that there will be fewer trophies this time, with more info and the ability to summon collected trophies with the Assist Trophy item.

...and still nobody reacts to my theory. I guess it doesn't hold as much water as I thought if I'm the only one with that thought. Huh.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
I dont care if I have to collect stickers, snickers or knickers.

It doesn't really effect the essence of Brawl. It's just an extra aspect of the game that I will probably fiddle around with from time to time.

gnosis

Smash Lord
It isn't Dora the explorer either. They're purposefully making this game way more than ever for little kids. Melee had a broader perspective in terms of age, I think.

I just dont like the attitude. Friendly looking stickers? .. Why, why would anyone here like this?

Who wants to play smash brothers and collect stickers, anyone?

Bah, anyway its not really imortant, its just something else to collect. But I gotta say the kiddy stickers pale in comparison to the trophies, 3d zoom and all that... links mastersword. Verry nice indeed. :chuckle:
I think the reason 4chan might laugh at you so much is that you come off as though Sakurai has personally offended you, or you think he's out to specifically defame the style of Smash you like, with every update you disapprove of.

This is an addition that a variety of people may enjoy, without detracting anything from those who won't If you don't, it's nothing to worry about. That's what's cool about Smash; play and enjoy any elements you like, and ignore the rest for all anyone cares.

Also, it's important to note that enjoying these stickers is merely child-like. Obsession with violence, muscles, and awesomeness (as your posts on this imply), however, is actually childish. There's a difference :D Just some more friendly advice.

Anyway, my opinion on this? Eh, all the 1 player stuff, including trophies, from Melee/64 didn't interest me much at all. I don't really like 1 player games in general though, so collecting the trophies wasn't exciting for me, and I had no interest in reading them.

And I draw frequently, so the prospect of using these stickers to make cool pictures doesn't excite me either. If I ever felt like making a picture with these, I'd just draw it; there's more customization that way. Not to discourage anyone else, of course, they're just not for me.

edit: this post may come off as combative. I apologize for that, but I'm not going to edit it out. Instead I'll just note that all my point was, is that it's one thing to dislike an update and list your reasons why. It's another thing to claim that Sakurai is, in some way, incompetent or ruining the game everytime you dislike an update.

yogho

Smash Apprentice
I don't like these stickers at all. But I think I know why they don't have trophies: the release date.
The trophies where highly detailed, but the Melee took more time to make.

And maybe, it's just a Beta version. Cause it's just art work from different games and the milk bottle looks exactly the same as that one in Melee. And the details for the menu there is just....lame and not high quality.

I know this sounds weird but maybe you gain a sticker and a trophy, cause this update is too small to be a big part in the game.

I have that inner feeling that "something" is missing here, and i highly doubt i'm wrong.

collectibles are always fun no matter what they are, ne~

I'm just glad these aren't replacing trophies though.
That was never said, at all. They just said it's easier to get em then trophies. They never said it would not replace them. Maybe they do replace them.

Whoops on the next post. How do i delete that post.

yogho

Smash Apprentice
collectibles are always fun no matter what they are, ne~

I'm just glad these aren't replacing trophies though.
That was never said, at all. They just said it's easier to get em then trophies. They never said it would not replace them. Maybe they do replace them.

Fawriel

Smash Master
...if stickers completely replaced trophies, that wouldn't make them harder to get. It would be impossible to get trophies.

Unless they are comparing it to Melee...

Celsco

Smash Apprentice
I think they're kind of funny actually, I just hope for that they aren't replacing the trophies. My theory: All Assist-trophies are also collectable trophies. Also there are collectable trophies that aren't AT's. The stickers-thing is just an extra I guess...

Sariku

Smash Master
These are ALRIGHT...

I don't care, but I'll miss reading the text, asuming stickers don't have text and trophies won't return...

Thats one thing that helps me with Who's In, which I'm sure your ALL big fans off...? Are-Aren't.. you?

Crap.

Armagopalypse

Smash Journeyman
Well he specifically says "they'll be easier to collect than trophies," so I assume this to mean that you'll be collecting trophies just like last time, maybe less, but you'll still be collecting a fair amount. I don't think he'd just be saying this in reference to collecting trophies in Melee. Honestly, like others had said, stickers (just like trophies in Melee) just seem to be little dohickies. So if the stickers are filling the "dohickie" role that trophies used to fill, there will doubtlessly be more to trophies than just some information about the character this time (assuming I'm right and they come back at all).

And I doubt trophies will be impossible to get, you'll just get them in a different game mode than stickers (like the subspace emissary). Maybe the release of stickers hints some new 1p mode that you'll be collecting them in.

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
Awesome update IMO, no let's see if we have collectable trophies as well, or character Profiles from the original Smash Bros. Return :D

Kurizu208

Smash Journeyman
i wouldn't hate these stickers so much if they were exclusive pictures thats pretty rude to use somebody else's hard work. that and it's just pointless and stead they could have made the a snap shot scavenger hunt thing were you try to make a pose like a preset picture or something interesting.

DJ Arcatek

Smash Champion
I don't understand why most of you are bi*ching about this update. I mean, sh*t dude, if you don't like the idea then don't take the time to collect the stickers, but don't say "omg stickers Brawl is a kiddy game!" because that's pretty stupid, imo.

As for the update, I find it neat. Like a Brawl scrapbook you can say. Idk if I'll use it or not, but I might check it out once in a while.

Noyoudontidort

Smash Rookie
Holy friggin ****.

This is really kiddy, this is really realllly gay. Trophies.. are cool. Stickers are for grade school kids when they learn their friggin' timestables.

Severed heads would make better trophies.
YOU ARE THE BEST TROLL EVER.

Smash isn't about stickers, its about violence. Its about captain falcon stepping on ness head and kneeing him in the gut, then backflip kicking him, then kneeing him in the face, crushing his skull and spine while electrocuting him, sending him flying into obvlivion.
3 things
1) Nintendo
2) E rating
3) You sir are a convincing troll

Top Bottom