• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New UCD Tournament Jan 9, 2010

Shroomed

Smash Master
i sucked at my very first tourney

for some reason i had to play the people i play everyday cept darrell
first alan, and then darrell in losers then joe

pockyD

Smash Legend
tagging is dumb anyway

it should either identify you to possible spectators who don't actually know you personally (i.e. reflect your smashboards name) or be funny (which FAR more often than not, it's not)

that's my arbitrary rule, which is in fact law

einthesuperdog

Smash Journeyman
Probably beginning of the quarter, so January. I just don't have the time to do another one this quarter.

LunInSpectra

Smash Lord
stackoverflow.com/users/1459556/rey-gonzales
Next time i come back that'll be me in paul's spot :p

But first
Rey, how do i beat your fox?

I remember you telling zhu to ask you that before he got ridiculously good lmao
wow I think I remember that. That's how I got better against puff players -- I just Asked King, Right after he beat me too.

I do things differently to get better now. I watch videos and I "play the game as if I was playing the opponent". When I'm playing as "Paul's Peach", I just look for moments that caused tension -- next time I play him I'll do my best to recreate those moments as much as possible.

Either than that I play DK and try to do cool things.

Edit:

Oh to beat my Fox huh? It depends a lot on what character you're using. Personally, I have the hardest time against Luigi. That stupid, green, slippery wacko. Get good with him and you're done.

Oh and apparently, you'll also beat Zhu too if you get good with him.

einthesuperdog

Smash Journeyman
Hey Zoap, was "Fist full of *******s" from Nick and Nora's Infinite Playlist? Just saw that movie tonight.

Zoap

Smash Master
:) very much so. Hella Nick liked it so much that we just had to make it our epic team name. And plus Ganon and Peach is a Fist full of *******s.

darkatma

Smash Hero
wow I think I remember that. That's how I got better against puff players -- I just Asked King, Right after he beat me too.

I do things differently to get better now. I watch videos and I "play the game as if I was playing the opponent". When I'm playing as "Paul's Peach", I just look for moments that caused tension -- next time I play him I'll do my best to recreate those moments as much as possible.

Either than that I play DK and try to do cool things.

Edit:

Oh to beat my Fox huh? It depends a lot on what character you're using. Personally, I have the hardest time against Luigi. That stupid, green, slippery wacko. Get good with him and you're done.

Oh and apparently, you'll also beat Zhu too if you get good with him.
****, I have to turn into drephen lmaoo. The tension part sounds interesting, I'll try that.

Edit: Paul, get Eddie to play smash again, I want him to improve lolll
that means someone needs to reteach him fox.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
eddie is an old school ganon who is really old and friends with ken and wears high socks

einthesuperdog

Smash Journeyman
Hey Pink Shinobi, Man you should come over sometime so we could smash it up. no one plays melee here any more but like me and 2 other friends. It be hella kewl if we could play sometime.
Good luck getting him out there w/o the promise of a money match. Just come to a Davis smashfest.

Pink Shinobi

Smash Ace
mr huang lolll
Sure thing. Chok, we need to play.

Evil, I'd love to, but...its really busy right now with midterms every week cuz of our quarter system and my choice of classes. Plus work. But, we do have little smashfests with just Davis students every now and then. >_<;

But big mm's might tempt me...

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
lol just jump off a cliff and pretend you have a glider.
if my memory serves me right, it'll work out fine.
then again my memory hasn't served me right since that hang gliding accident i had.

Evil

Smash Apprentice
Sure thing. Chok, we need to play.

Evil, I'd love to, but...its really busy right now with midterms every week cuz of our quarter system and my choice of classes. Plus work. But, we do have little smashfests with just Davis students every now and then. >_<;

But big mm's might tempt me...

Well i dont work so i cant really mm right now but when i get some money i'll be gladly to mm you and take your money. :)

My friend goes to school at Davis so maybe i could get a ride with him and play. :)

Evil

Smash Apprentice
Ok my friend says that Wednesday's might work for me to come along. Because Thursday and Friday he's only there for a hour. So unless i could stay the night like on Thursday with someone then can go back on Friday i guess it would have to be Wednesday. So would anyone be able to play or could do this plan???? Also if so could i get a phone number. I will PM my number to anyone that want's it. :)

MELEE FOR LIFE!!!!!

Top Bottom