• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New UCD Tournament Jan 9, 2010

einthesuperdog

Smash Journeyman
There is going to be a strict no food policy. I'm tired of playing maid. Anyone with anything other than water in the room will be DQed on the spot. There is plenty of space to eat outside on the tables or in the halls. Respect the venue.

11:00 - Friendlies and sign-ups
12:00 - Doubles starts
Whenever - Singles, Other Formats
There will be a half-hour break in between Doubles and Singles for people to grab something to eat
Buy-in is $5
Payouts are:
1st - 60%
2nd - 30%
3rd - 10%
(subject to change depending on number of entrants)

Directions
The room is a bit hard to find if you're unfamiliar with the Davis Campus so PM me and I'll try to explain it as best I can. I've been informed that driving directions help. Basically you're going to be taking I-80 to Highway 113 N. If you're going west on 80 (ie from Sacramento) you'll hit Davis beforehand but just wait until 113. Once on 113 it's the first exit called Hutchinson. Go right onto Hutchinson after getting off the freeway and that will take you all the way onto campus, where you should park at you're first convenience. Basically you want to go all the way in on Hutchinson until you get to a brown building with a small silo sticking out of it.It'll be on the right. The best place to park is the lot immediately before that building. The building with the venue itself is called the South Silo and the venue is on the second story above the Silo Bookstore. My number is 253-310-3055

Format - Singles
Double Elimination
Best of 3
Finals are best of 5
4 stock/ 8 minutes
no items
Advanced slob picks
Dave's stupid rule
1 level ban per person per set
Any bans must be made at the beginning of a set
Excessive stalling (peach bomber, rising pound, etc.) is banned
Controller mods and glitches are also banned
Ties are settled by fisticuffs

Doubles
Basically the same

Wobbling compromise shamelessly stolen from another thread
A player has the choice to ban wobbling during any set. Once one player picks ICs, the other player has until the match starts to choose to ban

We're going to try the using a strike-out system from now on. DK64 will be added to the list of neutrals.
Strike out is as follows. To do strike out you need an odd number of neutral stages, so since most tournaments have the 6 neutrals(FD,BF,FOD,DL,PS and YS) many TO's either add or subtract a stage. I'm personally in favor of adding either Rainbow Cruise(like MLG did) or DK64. So at which point the two players decide who goes first(doesnt really matter but if they cant decide TO makes the decision). First player strikes a stage, then Player 2 strikes a stage, etc until there is just one stage remaining.

Example: Pink Shinobi vs SS
Pink Shinobi Strikes Rainbow Cruise
SS Strikes FOD
Pink Shinobi Strikes DL
SS Strikes Yoshi Story
Pink Shinobi strikes PS
SS Strikes BF

First stage is FD. Then Counter picks and the whole jazz follows.
TVs
1-7 Davis
8. Battousai (Don't you go to Davis now?)

Systems
1-7 Davis
8. Battousai

Things of note:
-As far as food is concerned, there is nothing in the venue. There's a drinking fountain and bathroom and that's it. However there are places to eat fairly close to campus. Cold Soda will be sold for the price of 1 $/can.
-There will be one Brawl friendlies station if enough people want to use it. Otherwise this is a Brawl free tournament.
-Most tournament vets already know this, but don't take up tvs while tournament is going on, especially in the first couple of rounds. I reserve the right to kick you off if we need the tv for something.
-Anyone who wants to bring equipment is will be lavished with excessive praise.
-RSVP beforehand if you can so I can keep track, thanks. If you will be late, just call ahead. 253-310-3055

Maps/Pictures!
Here's one of the general UCD campus and the surrounding freeways. You ideally want to take 113 and exit on Hutchinson as indicated.
http://facts.ucdavis.edu/map.lasso

Here's one of the actual venue. It's the "South Silo" building.
http://www.cevs.ucdavis.edu/map/map_detail.cfm?centerTile=10_7

This is the Silo building. The venue is behind it and there's parking to the right. It's across from a bus terminal
http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/5595/imgsilo.jpg

This is the actual building. Either go up the stairs that are next to the Silo Book store or take the elevator. Follow the signs to the Experimental College.
http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/4085/imgsouthsilo.jpg

***Past Results***
10/19/08
Singles: http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/8892/101908singleshm3.gif
Doubles: http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/8927/101908doublesfb3.gif
1/18/09
Singles: http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/4010/11809singlesra5.gif
Doubles: http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/1984/11809doublestz1.gif

einthesuperdog

Smash Journeyman
That's too bad Lunin. I'm sure paul and ericson will be happy though. VANS, didn't you say that last time too? btw, I work in quarto on Wednesdays so you should stop by the advising center after 8:30 to play! Or if you just want stats tutoring.

einthesuperdog

Smash Journeyman
Yeah honestly, we just had a long weekend. I'm ditching my gf this weekend to run this thing. Tell your family you have priorities. And if you can convince lunin to come I'll rename it the Lunin Invitational! Use those feminine wiles ftw :)

VANS

Smash Ace
LMAO xD! nah i hafta go home cuz its my friends bday that day. he's turning 21! has a good ice climbers too LOl but yea if it wasnt his bday i definitely wouldve stayed =[
LOL lunin invitational..too funny...but dont do it LOL =P
jesse, u still work in thoreau? cooool maybe we can play tmrw
omggg paul i wanna see those teams matches but theyre not posted up yet T_T

Miztik

Smash Master
umm.....is there teams cuz im a lil confused on that and a few from modesto may show

me, lumpy, hmw, meep but were not sure

einthesuperdog

Smash Journeyman
There may be teams, i'm gonna leave it up to the people who attend. I know some people here have expressed a desire for a low tier, but chances are most people are gonna want to do teams.

einthesuperdog

Smash Journeyman
Take 80 until you get to 113 North going to Woodland. I think the next exit is Hutchinson Drive which is the one you want. Take Hutchinson all the way into the campus until you hit a roadblock, and then turn into the parking lot on the right. Parking is free on weekends but that lot might be crowded. There are other lots near by but that one is right next to the building we're using.

Zoap

Smash Master
O ok i might come tommorow just for some ****s and giggles I added you on aim, so please log on so i dont have to play boards tag wit u :)

Miztik

Smash Master
Man that tourney was pretty fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i must say i really enjoyed playing you Pink fun matches <33333333333

Pink Shinobi

Smash Ace
Man that tourney was pretty fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i must say i really enjoyed playing you Pink fun matches <33333333333
Of course, einthesuperdog is the best at hosting! Even tho I know it was disappointing only 3 teams wanted to do doubles (modesto and ixninjax plus me). You still owe me a mm Miztik!:laugh:

Miztik

Smash Master
ah man now you just trying way to hard to take my money lol if you wanna mm you have to come to the next modesto tourney whenever that is but you also have to make sure im there lol

jmic

Smash Ace
Lumpy, you are better than your tournaments. I guess you just need to like loosen up or something, but I don't know, lol.

Resultsies anyone?

einthesuperdog

Smash Journeyman
1: Pinkshinobi
2: Homemadewaffles
3: lxninjax
4: Jimmy
5: Park
5: G-spot/gongbomb
7: Dan
7: einthesuperdog
9: Paul S
9: SWRD
9: Hamm
9: Kevin
13: Ayee
13: Karl
13: Jeff
13: Lumpy
17: Pat
17: Ryan
17: Miztik

xelad1

Smash Ace
pika isn't low tier, he's dog**** tier remember? Anyway pichu MM aaron? BUMP FOR JUSTICE!

Top Bottom