• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New UCD Tournament Jan 9, 2010

demu351

Smash Apprentice
ahhhhhhh!!!!! that tourney was craaaaazy!!!!! thanks to everyone who came!! ^_^

jesse: thanks for holding another great tournament! sorry we were late with tv's and i wasnt a very reliable cash register =(

paul: my brother and sis wanted me to tell you congrats! i hope your countless hours of "training" (beating the **** out of my spacies >_>) helped you slightly in those critical matches!! =P

Pink Shinobi

Smash Ace
The matches with Jeff, Rey, and justin were super duper close, and lucky at times (like suicides and stuff). >_< I just down smashed whenever I panicked...

Phil, you are really good. U surprised the heck out of me.

LunInSpectra

Smash Lord
stackoverflow.com/users/1459556/rey-gonzales
I had a great time. I lost to Davis students, though. It makes me sad :(.

Baysians need to step it up -- either that or we have a new Baysian hahahahahah.

Good job Sheridan -- I found out that although my shiek can be good against falcons, it doesn't contribute much to doubles play and is not favorable in as much cases as fox is. And...yeah that's all I actually learned today.

Great tourny -- can't wait for the next one :)

einthesuperdog

Smash Journeyman
I'm able to get the bracket image as a gif file, but it's a matter of getting onto smashboards. I've tried copying and pasting and moving the file into the text box, but neither of those works.

demu351

Smash Apprentice
hey rey-rey!!

be honest, was that loss to kheffin a fluke or is he really legit? cuz he was telling me this was his first tourney and he usually only practices against cpus >_<

Miharu

Smash Hero
I'm able to get the bracket image as a gif file, but it's a matter of getting onto smashboards. I've tried copying and pasting and moving the file into the text box, but neither of those works.
Upload it a hosting site and put it in the proper formate?

should look like

"IMG"linkhere"/IMG"

Replace the " with brackets []

Excited for the vids.

einthesuperdog

Smash Journeyman
Upload it a hosting site and put it in the proper formate?

should look like

"IMG"linkhere"/IMG"

Replace the " with brackets []

Excited for the vids.
Proper format being? tio just puts it as a gif. Anyhow, that's probably more effort than I'll ever feel like exerting. Maybe if I get really bored of writing my paper.

FALCOMIST

Smash Ace
There is videos and HMW only got a few singles matches.

From the top of my head he recorded

Winner finals: FMF vs PinkS *5 Matches*
FMF vs Sheridan *3Matches*
Loser Finals: FMF vs Lunin *5Matches*
Grand Finals: Lunin vs PinkS *iono how many*
FMF vs HMW *3 Matches*
PHIL vs SS *2 Matches*
SS Vs Lunin *2 Matches*

I dont know if anything else was recorded.

On the side note...

Good matches Paul. Kinda wished I didnt SD during the last match but its cool. Play again sometime and hopefully I get you back xD.

Also... Shroom lost to Sheridan Zelda with C.Falcon...

Alan lost to Sheridan Zelda with his main ...

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Zelda is my second best character.

Thanks for hosting Davis people, good job running things; thanks to Brandon for recording stuffs. Thanks to Phil for making me play a 7:10 match on Corneria. Thanks to Rey for teaming with me and getting our 20% (boo!) pot share for 2nd place.

einthesuperdog

Smash Journeyman
If it's something where an action is performed it is of course an effort. It's a question of whether or not that effort is worth whatever perceived rewards could come with it. In this instance, people on smashboards will get off my case, but that will probably happen anyways with time. Now you could say that the effort I put into writing this paragraph was equal to, or maybe even greater than what Prodigy Kid described, and you might be right. That's really hard to quantify though. In any case, thanks for telling me how to do it Prodigy Kid

LunInSpectra

Smash Lord
stackoverflow.com/users/1459556/rey-gonzales
If it's something where an action is performed it is of course an effort. It's a question of whether or not that effort is worth whatever perceived rewards could come with it. In this instance, people on smashboards will get off my case, but that will probably happen anyways with time. Now you could say that the effort I put into writing this paragraph was equal to, or maybe even greater than what Prodigy Kid described, and you might be right. That's really hard to quantify though. In any case, thanks for telling me how to do it Prodigy Kid
Is this like...the law of transmutation? Darn I can't remember what it is.

Full Metal Alchemist.

Edit:

The law of equivalent exchange.

Gaara♥

Smash Master
Is this like...the law of transmutation? Darn I can't remember what it is.

Full Metal Alchemist.

Edit:

The law of equivalent exchange.
Human Being cannot gain something without first giving up something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost

i really really like FMA

replicate

Smash Lord
hey I leikd this tournament alot thanksn evrybody

nice to meet you all, seeya soon hopefully

and especially--thanks falcomist, for being super-accommodating at every turn, jeff for ****** me, and sheridan for giving me the ride back (I would've fallen asleep--props for road warrior status)

Pink Shinobi

Smash Ace
Congrats Paul! Your Peach is absolutely amazing. o_o
Lolz, what're u doin on the pacifiic west forums? ^_^ How'z BC?

Congrats Shinobi, I see you're still pwning ;)
Hey 56k. I bet its snowing in MN? We need to mm again!

WTF SHINOBI
that's so cool
btw I just got back from event52 tourney, the minnesota people were talking about you
i was like, I've played that guy before LOL
I didn't know u lived in the midwest! O_O;

xelad1

Smash Ace
I wish I went to this tournament and didn't miss all of its awesomeness >_>;; well at least I saw Paul MM some falcon player for $2 lol... GOOD **** PAUL

Top Bottom