• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New SSBB Advanced Tech.'s (Discoveries, Theories, and Information.) STICKY REQUEST

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
I definatly agree. I wouldn't even be sure that L-cancelling is out. (Even though that's off-topic.)

LevesqueIsKing

Smash Cadet
^Yes, yes.

In my post I had proposed that you are able to either go into a crawl after that flip, or you can choose to just roll out of it, back into a standing position, after, of course, performing an ink drop or ink drop cancel.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Hmm, assuming this is all true (which is a large assumption) inkdropping is going to be a very key element to the metagame.

LevesqueIsKing

Smash Cadet
^Seconded. I have yet to see that one.

What was your guys interpretation of the dash break? Sorry, I'm trying to catch up on the conversation.

EDIT: Alright, thanks. So basically the Ink Trip Cancel is becoming less and less likely...

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Do you think you could get me the direct link?

Like I said, I really need this thread to be a collaborate effort. (@ lukintosh)

EDIT:

LevesqueIsKing, I tried to input all viewpoints of the dash break into the first post.

WoodyWiggins

Smash Journeyman
Wow, at this rate Brawl's advanced gaming will be more complex than Guilty Gear X2 ^ Core !
Anywho, these discoveries are amazing. I'd like comment on the Sonic Dair fakie clip, by Sonic's Dair animation having a pause frame just before he attacks, if you were to press the jump button during that pause, (but allowing the blue glow) it'd cancel that attack. Since Sonic's Dair sends him straight to the ground, jumping would cause him to stall in the air (and not complete a second jump) compared to a normal Dair in which the animation is neutral (it doesn't send them in any direction). I hope this "glitch" slips by unnoticed, it'd add more awsomenessnessness to Sonic. It'd be awesome if you could fakie to Fair, Uair, Nair or Bair. Or fakie to any attack really! Whoot Sonic !

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Wait, can you confirm this? Have you been to E for All? I don't want to put it in the first post unless you're sure.

Zauron

Smash Journeyman
Wow, at this rate Brawl's advanced gaming will be more complex than Guilty Gear X2 ^ Core !
Anywho, these discoveries are amazing. I'd like comment on the Sonic Dair fakie clip, by Sonic's Dair animation having a pause frame just before he attacks, if you were to press the jump button during that pause, (but allowing the blue glow) it'd cancel that attack. Since Sonic's Dair sends him straight to the ground, jumping would cause him to stall in the air (and not complete a second jump) compared to a normal Dair in which the animation is neutral (it doesn't send them in any direction). I hope this "glitch" slips by unnoticed, it'd add more awsomenessnessness to Sonic. It'd be awesome if you could fakie to Fair, Uair, Nair or Bair. Or fakie to any attack really! Whoot Sonic !
Wait, I was told it wasn't his DAir, it was his Down+B (only in the air, on the ground it charges his spin attack). This makes more sense anyway, since no other DAir we've seen in any Smash game, or any A-button air attack for that matter, actually causes changes in trajectory (well, I guess Link's DAir does but only if it hits something and causes him to bounce, not when he executes it). Even Mario's converted Tornado attack, changed to a DAir, no longer changes his trajectory like it did when it was a B attack (it used to slow his horizontal trajectory even if you weren't tapping the button quickly, but now it appears to do nothing to your trajectory just like all the other mid-air A attacks in the games).

Zauron

Smash Journeyman
hmmm that dash break thing sounds rreally cool and oh ya sorry if this has been mentioned before but in this vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJ15BBSQV_k

around 1 min 40 sec link appears to waveland

any thoughts:confused::confused:
Nah, that's just another example of the new physics. He just landed and dashed normally off the side. Characters are more slidey in Brawl and it seems you can drop into a normal Dash almost instantly after landing. Its no different than that old Wario video people were tossing around as proof of Wavelanding - its just landing and dashing normally.

GTR!

Smash Journeyman
Nah, that's just another example of the new physics. He just landed and dashed normally off the side. Characters are more slidey in Brawl and it seems you can drop into a normal Dash almost instantly after landing. Its no different than that old Wario video people were tossing around as proof of Wavelanding - its just landing and dashing normally.
Thats what i thought but i was just wondering :dizzy: This new engine is really wierd in that sence......hmm or maybe i have just been playing melee too much and it looks like a Waveland
:laugh: Owell i guess we are all just a lil used to the lag time after a land

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
I really liked that stuff with the bowser that cancels his aerial moment and keeps coming back toward the stage. Bowser is going to be so **** in the new game.

Mr.C

Smash Master
To show that in slow-motion, you can see there are no crouch frames and no Trip frames, so it must be something else that stopped him.

And, it seems possible from Inkslinger's recent post that THIS is what he thought was a Trip-Cancel, but really it is just a quick Dash Brake that he turned and grabbed out of. He said he was Trip'ing all over the place on accident (hence why they started calling it Ink Drop), and then at one point he was dashing and suddenly stopped and grabbed someone behind him. When that happened, he thought it was related to the Trip move he'd been doing so much, and hence Gimpy's post about the so-called "Ink Drop" advanced technique. But it seems they were wrong on what Inkslinger actually did...

Because after the second day he could not reliably Trip and could not reliably cancel out of it. Which means it may not be possible to Trip-Cancel after all, and what he REALLY did was a Dash Brake into a turn-around grab somehow. A completely different move.

It may be the big deal about "Ink Dropping" is completely off-base, and this is really the big new advanced move, because evidence indicates that all Tripping does is leave you vulnerable until you roll out of it, at least until some new aspect of it is discovered.
Personally my opinion about the whole Mario instantly stopping situation ("Dash Brake") or whatever is Mario dashing then just stopping. For all we know the lag from dashing in Brawl could be reduced tremendously allowing you to instantly attack after you stop running. If you watch the video you will notice Mario does nothing but stop running - then Fsmash's.

There are two things that could have caused him to cancel his run and forward smash that fast.

1. The lag after you stop running has been reduced and the friction from characters has been increased allowing you stop quicker thus being able to smash attack.

2. You can dash and instantly smash attack now.

Lets not get ahead of our selves =]

Sirami

Smash Cadet
If Ink Dropping isn't cancellable, we call it tripping and Ink Dropping never existed, but if it IS cancellable, we call in Ink Dropping- since Inkslinger IS the one who proposed the cancellable idea, and is the one who was the first to perform/anylise it and it's uses.

This name has also been floating around for a while, so it doesn't make sense to change it.

However, if it ISNT cancellable, it's ridiculous to call a standard move planned by the devs something relating to the person who first used it.

I think, if it is cancellable, I'll call it trip and trip cancel.

If it's worthless, I'll call it Ink Dropping.

Sirami

Smash Cadet
We called it the money slide because bob$ was the first person to be able to apply it consistently and helped us to actually figure out how to do it.

That's all I have to say to that.....

Mr.C

Smash Master
Personally my opinion about the whole Mario instantly stopping situation ("Dash Brake") or whatever is Mario dashing then just stopping. For all we know the lag from dashing in Brawl could be reduced tremendously allowing you to instantly attack after you stop running. If you watch the video you will notice Mario does nothing but stop running - then Fsmash's.

There are two things that could have caused him to cancel his run and forward smash that fast.

1. The lag after you stop running has been reduced and the friction from characters has been increased allowing you stop quicker thus being able to smash attack.

2. You can dash and instantly smash attack now.

Lets not get ahead of our selves =]
Also about this whole tripping thing "Ink Drop.". It was purposely put into the game probably to start up a crawl/roll which in itself could be very useful. I personally think its ******** naming a technique after yourself unless it makes sense. But in this case since "tripping" sounds ******** soooo... ill call it "Ink dropping" =]

Since I haven't played the game I have no idea how to do it, I would imagine it would be something JCing like in melee the (a+jc grab) did a random effect with different characters, some of these characters stalled in place. It seems probable that you would be able to trip doing a (a+jc) but I don't know.

We called it the money slide because bob$ was the first person to be able to apply it consistently and helped us to actually figure out how to do it.

That's all I have to say to that.....
How about we call it a waveland? since thats what we have been calling it for years....and thats exactly what it is, lol.

Like when I invented the moonwalk I never called it anything but the moonwalk lols because thats exactly what it looked like it was doing (also for my undeniable love for Michael Jackson lols) I wasn't gay about it or tried to name it the Cwalk or anything lol.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Acually, it's very different from a waveland. The product is the same, but the input is completely different. People will know what you mean by waveland, and they should also know what you mean by $ Slide. It's no biggie, just know both.

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
How about we call it a waveland? since thats what we have been calling it for years....and thats exactly what it is, lol.
Because it doesn't actually have anything to do with airdodging into the ground. It isn't a waveland, it's a technique that visually recreates the waveland.

Also, I've changed my stance on the ink drop. At first I thought they should be able to call it whatever they want because they discovered something very useful, but since Ink doesn't even know how to cancel it... the "tripping" part itself is programmed into the game and isn't a technique that had to be "discovered" so no person should get credit just because they did it first.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
Unfortunatly $ slide doesn't stick nearly as much as ink drop does in the verbal sense. expect abbreviations to follow.

Mr.C

Smash Master
Because it doesn't actually have anything to do with airdodging into the ground. It isn't a waveland, it's a technique that visually recreates the waveland.
Its called the waveland because of the SLIDE IT PRODUCES when you air dodge to the ground. Yes, you have to air dodge to the ground in order for it to happen but that has nothing to with what the technique is or why it was named that. It just happens that the only way to make the technique happen is to air dodge in MELEE, while in brawl all you simply do is do an aerial. Same exact thing just a different way to do it.

saratos

Smash Apprentice
Seriously, Besides for grabbing, crouching to stop a dash is just as effective as what we are seeing with the ink drop and things. I have gotten it down cold to where I can smash right out of a dash without crouch frames, waiting for Brawl.

Mr.C

Smash Master
I find it stupid people playing the demo start naming everything after themselves thinking its cool.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
So just call it the waveland.

I don't see what the issue is here.

Mr.C

Smash Master
Ya but they wanted to feel special and name techniques after themselves because they played the game before everyone else.

Top Bottom