• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New! Sonic Gameplay Footage, Buffs/Nerfs, Etc.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Yeah, iirc when they showed it off in the Direct, the spike was immediately at startup. It'd be pretty busted if it spiked throughout the duration of the dair.

#thataintfalco

:093:

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
I didn't expect duration but the blue aura during the first half would be a spike I'd think. So it's likely startup gives a spike, blue aura is sideways(which I have seen it do still) and later is a popup?

I really haven't been following smash much trying not to be spoiled on anything but roster but **** it.

Is there dashdancing again? If thats in along with Sonic's new Dash attack he might be pretty good.
What are they doing about the landing lag on attacks? Not L-Cancel's I assume :( Same as Brawl?

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
I thought since it was at Best Buy people would have checked. I assumed because of the E3 thing that there wasn't anything because it had actual players. I wouldn't expect it from IGN or something.

infomon

Smash Scientist
I expect (hope?) there will be numerous differences between the E3 build and the release, and we're close enough now to launch that I'm not sure it matters.

Shariq

Smash Journeyman
I really hope a Sonic main from these boards picks up the 3DS version in Japan ASAP. I want to know things about Sonic!! Cannot wait!! :grin:

Last edited:

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
Judging by the buffs he's currently gotten, I have a question: Should Sonic stay the way he is by the time the game is out, can anyone see him being Top Tier? One pro player (forgot his name) interviewed by Screwattack said he just may be one of the better characters in the demo for whatever reason. Although I'll be happy to try Sonic out in the next game and am a personal fan of his games, all these buff he's gotten are scaring the crap outta me... especially if the game won't get any balance patches.

I know its way too early to know something like this, but it'd be nice to see some other opinions.

Last edited:

infomon

Smash Scientist
It's waayy too early to know :p

Sonic could be the best or worst character. We won't know for a long time. Just looking at one character it's impossible to say anything. "They look better than Brawl" is an irrelevant comparison because all the characters will be different. And what attributes of gameplay will be important in smash4, we really can't say for sure from the demos.

Shariq

Smash Journeyman
Judging by the buffs he's currently gotten, I have a question: Should Sonic stay the way he is by the time the game is out, can anyone see him being Top Tier? One pro player (forgot his name) interviewed by Screwattack said he just may be one of the better characters in the demo for whatever reason. Although I'll be happy to try Sonic out in the next game and am a personal fan of his games, all these buff he's gotten are scaring the crap outta me... especially if the game won't get any balance patches.

I know its way too early to know something like this, but it'd be nice to see some other opinions.
Ken is the pro player you are talking about. He said in his interview that Sonic looks to be really good.

Last edited:

Shariq

Smash Journeyman
Is Sonic's normal running speed the fastest he can go, or are his side/down special's faster?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
DownB and sideB are only faster after they get a bit of charge. He can outrun them if they're released as soon as possible. :applejack:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238

I'm surprised no one put this up yet.
Nice!
That Mario player knows what he's doing, landed some pretty impressive combos.
Too bad Sonic won thanks to Smash Balls mostly. XD

But it was an entertaining match either way. Can't believe how much they've nerfed Super Sonic. Don't know if that's good, though.

And I'm glad to see his Dsmash seems much more reliable!

Scourge The Hedgehog

Evil Sonikku
NNID
JayJayPlushie
3DS FC
2535-4437-8099
Yeah I was pleased with seeing the Down Smash land. No longer weary of the change.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
It's not really possible to contain speculation within one thread.

It would be beneficial to keep all that's known organized in one post. If we can aim to collect all the shared information in one thread and keep it updated then we should push to get it stickied, regardless of which one it is.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
So Sonics bair is a better kill move but laggy right? Same with Falcons knee? I feel they wanted to let fast characters kill but put a large risk to it compared to the harder to land less laggy way it is in Brawl. Neat stuff.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
It's not really possible to contain speculation within one thread.

It would be beneficial to keep all that's known organized in one post. If we can aim to collect all the shared information in one thread and keep it updated then we should push to get it stickied, regardless of which one it is.

Well. I took all the information here and put it on my thread.

Top Bottom