• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I doubt the Wii-U version of Smash 4 will be released before the 3DS version, if anything they will probably release the 3DS version first just to push the sales of the 3DS further since the game will probably be in demand.
:phone:

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
What? That's ridiculous, I hope they're false. I knew it was released at a bad time, but the 3DS will get more sales over time, especially with all the new games that are coming out for it.

@Omega:
The release of SSB4 on 3DS would also be great for promoting the characters, making you more anxious for the Wii U version (assuming there's no multiplayer on 3DS, which is what everyone will be waiting for) :)

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I'd imagine both the 3DS and WiiU versions will have a simultaneous release. What with the interconnection and all.

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
:DDD RE Revelations

Sakurai for sure should add some characters after Kid Icarus comes out. I think in Shortie's roster there was Medusa? That should be interesting, along with adding Palutena herself

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I doubt the Wii-U version of Smash 4 will be released before the 3DS version, if anything they will probably release the 3DS version first just to push the sales of the 3DS further since the game will probably be in demand.
Agreed on all points. Iwata wanted Sakurai to make Smash 3D first, and also I think it should should be released so that people won't think that Smash 3DS is just a port of the Wii U version.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
The 3DS is going to sell fine. Everyone is hating on Nintendo and saying "they're sinking and ending up like SEGA". I honestly don't see why. Wii outsold PS3 and 360 by far. I know more goes into it, but they seem to be doing just fine by me. Most Nintendo franchises are better than any American franchises. That's for sure.

OmegaXXII

Jumped the gun, it will probably be an announcement, but it won't the "big" one. Just a new game, which is still good news.

As for why I'm saying it is Baten Kaitos 3 with such certainty, I'm putting the pieces together. It is pretty obvious after that.

http://gonintendo.com/?p=160789
http://neogaf.net/forum/showthread.php?t=442621
http://nintendo3dsblog.com/nintendo-to-hold-a-3ds-related-event-on-september-13th
I don't think it will be BK3, it's not a big title sort to speak, I believe it may be Metroid since it indeed is Metroid's 25th anniversary.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Being a Smash game, I doubt it has to worry about sales.

Unless you meant the 3DS itself. By then it will be a few years old and the sales won't be as important as they are now. WiiU wouldn't even need that much promotion either.

That point about the misconception of the versions being PORTS I hadn't really though of before. We might see a larger advertising campaign than previous Smash games, highlighting the connectivity. That also makes me believe (EVEN MORE SO) that each version will have it's own name. (SMASH BROS ARENA AND TOUR YEEEAH) Smash Bros. (name) Wii U and Smash Bros. (name) 3DS would make them sound even more like ports.

UberMario

Smash Master
The 3DS is going to sell fine. Everyone is hating on Nintendo and saying "they're sinking and ending up like SEGA". I honestly don't see why. Wii outsold PS3 and 360 by far. I know more goes into it, but they seem to be doing just fine by me. Most Nintendo franchises are better than any American franchises. That's for sure.
This. The 3DS was the best selling system this week by a considerable margin. Once the major lineup of the fourth and first quarters come into play, people are going to have a tough time locating them.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
This. The 3DS was the best selling system this week by a considerable margin. Once the major lineup of the fourth and first quarters come into play, people are going to have a tough time locating them.
I don't know much, but I figure the 3DS is going to sell like hot cakes as soon as the major titles are released. The Wii was a BEAST and sold amazingly well, so did it's games. I figure, with all the new blood the company gained from the Wii, the Wii U should have a pretty major amount of people looking at buying it. Plus, it looks like a lot of 3rd parties are getting behind the WiiU and 3DS. I don't see why they would get behind a failing company? Again, I don't know much, but it seems like as soon as things aren't doing PERFECT they think it's the end of Nintendo.

Again, Pokemon, Mario, Legend of Zelda, Wii Series, and Donkey Kong, Kirby ect. are some of the most popular series of all time. I just don't see why people are jumping to SEGA type conclusions.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
The names of the two versions will be different, I believe, but related- highlighting the important selling point of the interconnectivity of the two versions, but assuring that the two will have enough meaningful differences between each other to stand on their own.

With that said, let's just hope the names that they pick aren't ******** ones...

deuxhero

Smash Journeyman
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=442621

Yes! Monolith is working on a 3rd game in an RPG series for the 3DS. Given the pic at the top of this page and it was the Wii U project that asked for mech designers, is VERY unlikely to be Super Robot Taisen OG Saga IMO, it's pretty much down to Baten Kaitos at this point.

Combined with the fact that Monolith is Nintendo owned and worked on Brawl (and likely will on 4) and BK was funded (and for some areas/2nd game published) by Nintendo...

Remember! I supported Kalas before it was cool!

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
The names of the two versions will be different, I believe, but related- highlighting the important selling point of the interconnectivity of the two versions, but assuring that the two will have enough meaningful differences between each other to stand on their own.

With that said, let's just hope the names that they pick aren't ******** ones...
I already got you covered. BD

Arena, the WiiU version, relates to how it will be a platform to show off your characters. Also, y'know, a fighting arena. Tour, the 3DS version, relates to the single-player focus. Arena and Tour themselves relate to one another. (NINTENDO SUPERSTARS GOING ON A TOUR, PLAYING AT ARENAS AWWWH YEEEAH)

Unfortunately, "Tour" doesn't quite highlight the "build up your characters" aspect. I guess my idea has come up a bit short then. u3u

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I don't know much, but I figure the 3DS is going to sell like hot cakes as soon as the major titles are released. The Wii was a BEAST and sold amazingly well, so did it's games. I figure, with all the new blood the company gained from the Wii, the Wii U should have a pretty major amount of people looking at buying it. Plus, it looks like a lot of 3rd parties are getting behind the WiiU and 3DS. I don't see why they would get behind a failing company? Again, I don't know much, but it seems like as soon as things aren't doing PERFECT they think it's the end of Nintendo.

Again, Pokemon, Mario, Legend of Zelda, Wii Series, and Donkey Kong, Kirby ect. are some of the most popular series of all time. I just don't see why people are jumping to SEGA type conclusions.
I don't know why, either. SEGA had a LOT more issues at the time to deal with than Nintendo ever could. Saying Nintendo will go down the route of SEGA because of the 3DS would've been like saying Sony would go the route of SEGA because of the PS3's disappointing sales (and we all know how that turned out)...

All this really is just another "humbling" moment for Nintendo like what they had with the N64. They'll recover. All the 3DS really needs is a strong library of games now and it should be fine.

@Oasis- I like Tour a lot actually. It gives off a more casual, "on-the-go" type of vibe, IMO, which is exactly what the 3DS version is going for, methinks.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
@Oasis- I like Tour a lot actually. It gives off a more casual, "on-the-go" type of vibe, IMO, which is exactly what the 3DS version is going for, methinks.
Oh yeah... You think so? You and your Smash touring the town together, looking for challengers... Yeah, I guess that works.

I've been saying that "Smash on-the-go" is probably the biggest selling point for the 3DS version, but I'm not sure many believe it, lol.

army man

Smash Ace
airplane rides will no longer be boring!!!(as boring at least). i totaly agree with you on that one. i'm ALWAYS going somewhere. and now that i'll be going to Houston alot(it's a four hour drive), it will be a much better trip because i've beaten all my zelda games and i need a new game.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Oh yeah... You think so? You and your Smash touring the town together, looking for challengers... Yeah, I guess that works.

I've been saying that "Smash on-the-go" is probably the biggest selling point for the 3DS version, but I'm not sure many believe it, lol.
Haha, really? What other selling point do they think is bigger? The 3D? lol

Smash on the go is the biggest selling on the point for two reasons: of course, you'd be able to play a Smash game away from home, but also, if you were going over to a friend's house to play Smash U, you'd be able to use it as warm-up to get into the "Smash spirit" so that you'd be ripe for kicking your friend's *** hehe. I can't see what else would be more appealing than those two for the 3DS version.

Speaking of which, I wonder if Smash 3DS will use StreetPass?

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
Haha, really? What other selling point do they think is bigger? The 3D? lol

Smash on the go is the biggest selling on the point for two reasons: of course, you'd be able to play a Smash game away from home, but also, if you were going over to a friend's house to play Smash U, you'd be able to use it as warm-up to get into the "Smash spirit" so that you'd be ripe for kicking your friend's *** hehe. I can't see what else would be more appealing than those two for the 3DS version.

Speaking of which, I wonder if Smash 3DS will use StreetPass?

To top it off they should make it so you can use your 3DS as a controller for the Wii-U. That way you don't have to switch controllers.

D

Deleted member

Day Fifty-Two of Rate Their Chances is up.

Also commenting on some issues, I doubt that Iwata is going anywhere. If he had shown more erratic behavior, then the rumor would be more credible. No major CEO would be so willing to cut half of his salary due to not meeting sales expectations.

Also, if a BK3 happens, we could very well see a playable character from there. But this isn't the "big" announcement, so I'm curious to see what it is. Hopefully its F-zero.

OmegaXXII

Yea, I agree with this, even if the 3DS is currently not doing so great, upcoming exclusive titles are bound to raise the bar as far as the 3DS goes.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
Warning: off-topic post.

Still here. In a very depressed state of life right now and I'm not motivated to be posting here. I'll return on vacation days (infer Christmas Break).

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I'm hoping we get some interview with Sakurai later this year about starting Smash 4 after he's done with Kid Icarus: Uprising. I mean, I don't think I can make it to E3 2012 just speculating...

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
I really want to play Kid Icarus. Not only do I love the NES game but I remember Sakurai saw a lot of neat things to add to smash when developing the game.

OmegaXXII

I hope so, I'm really interested snout BK3 now, I wonder if a rep from that game would be considered in Smash by Sakurai.

D

Deleted member

Probably so, but I'm not sure if it will have good chances of getting one. Still, if this is true, I would expect some form of content from the series.

OmegaXXII

I guess if you put it that way it makes sense, still I doubt that BK3 is going to be the "big" Nintendo announcement next month, hopefully it will be a bigger, more popular franchise like F-Zero, Metroid, or perhaps Fire Emblem.

deuxhero

Smash Journeyman
I doubt its the 13th announcment (though hasn't NoA said even more minor things were "big"), but unless we get news of a seperate 3DS title that is 3rd in an RPG series for the 3DS...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom