• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

army man

Smash Ace
I think "hidden moves" would be a neat addition. Like, input something at a very specific point during a move and it provides some sort of variation. Suppose you use Mario's F-smash, then very near the end of the animation you press F-smash again for a second more powerful burst of fire. Maybe press up near the beginning of R.O.B.'s D-Smash for him to raise his arms upward, changing the direction of the knockback. All characters would have these variations, but not necessarily for the same attacks. Could be fun finding them all? :3
that would be cool, so you could change knockback and damage?what are some other things

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
Games with potential characters:
Clu Clu Land
Bubbles - like i said, bubbles has potential that sakurai doesn't see.

Shin Onigashima
Donbe - a moveset can be made out of nothing... see C. Falcon... the general synopsis of a game makes the moveset... never played the game... got bored when trying to watch on youtube... still, this game has an amazing remix on brawl

1080° Snowboarding
Kensuke Kimachi - see this thread... didn't read it, but it's good to know people are getting creative.

Devil World
Devil - while his moveset is limited to being a commander commanding things, he is still a devil. utilizing the powers of devils in other games, *coughfirebrandcough*, you can get creative even if it isn't canon... the gerudo kick wasn't canon, lol even the falcon kick wasn't canon. it will also be exquisite having just the villain in the game and no protagonist.

Daigasso! Band Brothers
Barbara - i can see many uses for a guitar in a smash realm. she should be completely based off of every attack that Haruko from Fooly Cooly has used... maybe even gliding on the guitar like on FlClimax. so much potential.

Any thoughts on Marionation Gear?

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Nice stuff, Kuma, nice.

All of those franchises seem unlikely, I doubt them getting reps, although indie love the Marionation Gear theme from Samus stage.
:phone:

OmegaXXII

Yeah, more like a wishlist of characters for Smash, not impossible but certaintly not probable at all, although Bubbles would be cute, I GUESS...

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Probably. Dunno what that is, but probably.

Excuse my scrubitude.
A rekka move refers to a move that has a followup to it right after attack. Typically, rekkas consist of a set of three attacks. The term is named after Fei-Long's Rekkaken. In Smash terms, look at Marth's Sword Dance. That should give you an idea what a rekka is.

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
[collapse=""]I think "hidden moves" would be a neat addition. Like, input something at a very specific point during a move and it provides some sort of variation. Suppose you use Mario's F-smash, then very near the end of the animation you press F-smash again for a second more powerful burst of fire. Maybe press up near the beginning of R.O.B.'s D-Smash for him to raise his arms upward, changing the direction of the knockback. All characters would have these variations, but not necessarily for the same attacks. Could be fun finding them all? :3
[/collapse]

So like Link and YLink's FSmash in Melee right? That'd be cool if some characters had that. Speaking of Link's FSmash, I kinda miss the double slash, but he could've at least used the Draw Attack from TP to replace it....kicks a** on those Redeads :p

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Yeah, like Marth's Sword Dance and Link's F-Smash. More like Marth's though, I suppose. Doesn't even have to be an attack. Like pressing BACK after Link's first swipe could make him hop backward or something.

Things like that should be expanded upon. I WAS THINKING they should be rather hard to do, but then that's probably separating levels of skill for the sake of it. Not sure we'll be seeing that in Smash.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
COG's?

Call of Duty, Halo I'm assuming like Master Chief right? Yeah we've suggested that many times but realistically speaking we just ignore them as possible choices simply because they aren't realistic, they aren't likely to happen at all, sadly Master Chief would have been awesome.

Just wanted to answer this question for you: COG's are from the Gears of War, the faction Marcus Fenix

If it was possible we ever got a first-party rep from another company, I'd rather it be Sony, and if it were Sony, I'd hope it be Nathan Drake from Uncharted or Cole from Infamous, just to have one of those two interact and fight with Snake/Samus/C. Falcon lol.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'd like seeing Toon Link again...

After watching some videos of various Nintendo games, I saw some of Captain Rainbow. I'll never look at Birdo the same way again...

That being said, since I can't remember if I already brought this up for the life of me, do any of you think Captain Rainbow will get SOME sort of reference in SSB4, even if only a trophy? Just a thought.

OmegaXXII

Just wanted to answer this question for you: COG's are from the Gears of War, the faction Marcus Fenix

If it was possible we ever got a first-party rep from another company, I'd rather it be Sony, and if it were Sony, I'd hope it be Nathan Drake from Uncharted or Cole from Infamous, just to have one of those two interact and fight with Snake/Samus/C. Falcon lol.

What's the deal with Nathan Drake lol?? Why is it that you and berserker always keep suggest Drake?

If anybody from Sony, it should be Cloud, Sephiroth or Chris Redfield lol..

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
all three of those are 3rd party, not 1st party to another company like nathan

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Yeah, like Marth's Sword Dance and Link's F-Smash. More like Marth's though, I suppose. Doesn't even have to be an attack. Like pressing BACK after Link's first swipe could make him hop backward or something.

Things like that should be expanded upon. I WAS THINKING they should be rather hard to do, but then that's probably separating levels of skill for the sake of it. Not sure we'll be seeing that in Smash.
Depends on your definition of skill. Based off of your idea, it doesn't sound hard, but finding the applications will be harder.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
What's the deal with Nathan Drake lol?? Why is it that you and berserker always keep suggest Drake?

If anybody from Sony, it should be Cloud, Sephiroth or Chris Redfield lol..

Great minds think alone. Nathan Drake is the best thing to happen to video game characters recently since Viewtiful Joe! Lol, how can you not like this guy?

Lol, Chris Redfield would be awesome, too, though. :cool:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
If any Resident Evil character is getting in, it's Jill.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Why would you think that? Just curious.

She's in the most RE games for Nintendo systems. Plus, she was in REM3D, and RER is coming out where it's basically her, looking for Chris. So it stars her.

Plus, I like girls, so go figure. Jill > Rebecca Chambers > Sheva > Nemisis > Claire Redfield > Albert Wesker > Chris Redfield

OmegaXXII

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
She's in the most RE games for Nintendo systems. Plus, she was in REM3D, and RER is coming out where it's basically her, looking for Chris. So it stars her.

Plus, I like girls, so go figure. Jill > Rebecca Chambers > Sheva > Nemisis > Claire Redfield > Albert Wesker > Chris Redfield
Hmmm, so she has an upcoming game starring her on the 3DS, and she's appeared the most on Nintendo systems? Well, I guess that would make her the most likely RE character.

I personally would like it if we got a female third-party rep, but I was just asking because I never considered her to be as likely as, say, Leon Kennedy.

y.toonlink

Smash Ace

Ooh the Sword Dance one sounds interesting, brings in that "hidden attack" pretty well :3 I guess some could be easy like Link's and more "hidden" like Marth's. I like it
The hard ones could be that for some you would have to press the action at a certain frame.

If any Resident Evil character is getting in, it's Jill.
I was going to say Leon because RE4 was ridiculously fun, but you're right that Jill would be the RE rep but under Megaman for Capcom.
You like girls, but why Amy Winehouse? That's a no, no, no xD

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Shorts also loves Krystal as well. ;D

I'm going to be completely honest: I love Krystal, too, lol. Star Fox Adventures was the only Star Fox game I ever played (well, I did play Assault, but that doesn't count hehe), and Krystal is the first person you play as in that game, so she grew on me a little more than Fox did (I didn't even know who Falco was until I played Melee). I'd love for her to be in the game and I think she should be in the game, too, but I'm not sure if Sakurai is willing to bite, though. :urg:

I wouldn't be upset if she didn't make it in as I'd be with K. Rool, Mega Man, Little Mac, Victini, Ridley and Mewtwo, though.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Shortie, you also forgot one of the strongest reasons to choose her as an RE character:

She was the first RE character to playable in a fighting game.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Shortie, you also forgot one of the strongest reasons to choose her as an RE character:

Listen to Kuma. He knows where it's at.

Amy Winehouse? That's a no, no, no xD
gtfo. Amy is definitely the least of your worries when it comes to what I like to listen to.

Edit: Shorts also loves Krystal as well. ;D
I like a lot of things. Krystal is just one of my favorite Ninty characters.

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
I'm going to completely honest: I love Krystal, too, lol. Star Fox Adventures was the only Star Fox game I ever played (well, I did play Assault, but that doesn't count hehe), and Krystal is the first person you play as in that game, so she grew on me a little more than Fox did (I didn't even know who Falco was until I played Melee). I'd love for her to be in the game and I think she should be in the game, too, but I'm not sure if Sakurai is willing to bite, though. :urg:

Dude, that's the only one I played too lol (I played a bit of 64 tho....in Brawl)

I think it'd be cool to see her use the staff with all of Fox's abilities (I supported the Krystal for Brawl thread before)

When I saw that in MvC 2 I was like wat. Her being in 3 makes more sense due to RE5, but it would've been cool to see her use some of her moves from 2 (correct me if I'm wrong, I didn't buy her yet...lol prostitution)

gtfo. Amy is definitely the least of your worries when it comes to what I like to listen to.
It was a joke, but I wasn't referring to her music :p

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
The big 3DS game announcement will be Monolith Soft is currently developing Baiten Kaitos 3 for the 3DS. Don't understand why they call it a "big game announcement" considering Xenoblade has been a nightmare to try and get localized elsewhere. Oh well, whatever floats their boat. I'm out.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
in my search, all searches state it as a rumor. they state that monlith's official site had mysterious artwork and mentions of hiring artists and the like

Here is the art

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom