• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elaith

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sonic12040
Until I finished reading that post, I almost thought the Cranky Kong mention might be teasing my suggestion of Lanky Kong.

D

Deleted member

CrimsonFeint said:
He's actually really cool. I support cutting Lucas for him.
Lucas is one of these characters I don't care whenever or not he stays (along with Toon Link). If he can't get an unique move set, he should not return. Cutting him is better then cutting Lucario and replacing him with a 5th gen Pokemon that's for sure.
Shortiecanbrawl said:
This is a roster based on what us as a community voted upon. Sick right?

http://simonisthebeast.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d3bx9tf

Although I do believe I messed up and forgot Ridley. add him, and thats the "popularity roster"
The seven characters for Mario are all good choices (if Bowser Jr. isn't a clone), but I think the franchise is getting just five. Maybe six but I doubt it.

F-zero is almost certainly not getting three reps. Heck, it may not even get two.

Zelda getting five reps is questionable and even if we do get five reps, Tingle and Ghirahim are more likely to be playable.

Pokemon also has too much reps to be realistic. Seven slots is not going to happen and six slots is unlikely. Heck, we may not even get five if we're seriously unlucky. Pichu should definitely be dropped and one of Mewtwo or Lucario.

A 4th third-party character is fine with a 51 slot roster, but I don't think Bomberman is a likely choice. I think Slime, Professor Layton, Ryu Hayabusa, and even Tails has a better shot of getting in SSB4.

Also, where is a new retro? Takamaru, Lip, Duck Hunt Dog, Diskun, Sukapon (probably not going to happen, but we're more likely to see him then no new retro reps) and Sheriff are all good choices.

Overall, while I can see 50 character slots, there will likely be more emphasize on new series like Sin & Punishment and Custom Robo then adding on to existing series if a 46+ slot roster happens. This is also where balancing starts to be a nightmare In quality, I consider Pichu to be a terrible choice to bring back, I wouldn't exactly be impressed with Midna's inclusion, and I think F-zero is fine with two reps max.

Realism, it's okay in some areas, but is excessive with Mario, F-zero, and Pokemon, which knocks it down some points; and no new retro is a concern. As for the roster in general, it's very good, but there has been better.
PsychoIncarnate said:
Lacks Geno.
And why is Geno a realistic choice?
Shortiecanbrawl said:
Waluigi has a disturbingly large fanbase. His votes are creepin'.
I think Waluigi was in the Top 20 at the GameFAQs poll. That kind of concerns me about how popular he is. Personally, I don't think a character from only sports/party games should be playable.

Okay guys...

So after almost one month, Toad's moveset has finally came to a conclusion.

This is Toad's FINAL moveset: http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=12843555&postcount=2

Any objections?

@Thino:.......

Yep, he's top tier.

I wouldn't be surprised if the mario series had like more than 5 or even 6 because Mario has a lot of characters that re interesting. It doesn't sound realistic but you know.... Mario is nintendo's series mascot and all.

No one is posting....

Oh well, my next moveset is Bandana Waddle Dee.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
I think the Toad Moveset looks great. Definatly worth playing.

I think this character should be in a Pokeball. It's consider Nintendo's most famous glitch.

[collapse=Missingno]
[/collapse]

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
I think the Toad Moveset looks great. Definatly worth playing.

I think this character should be in a Pokeball. It's consider Nintendo's most famous glitch.

[collapse=Missingno]
[/collapse]
His FS should be "glitch game" anyway I'm about to start working on a new moveset I'll post it later... I'll probably just be doing this one for fun.

:phone:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Lucas is one of these characters I don't care whenever or not he stays (along with Toon Link). If he can't get an unique move set, he should not return. Cutting him is better then cutting Lucario and replacing him with a 5th gen Pokemon that's for sure.The seven characters for Mario are all good choices (if Bowser Jr. isn't a clone), but I think the franchise is getting just five. Maybe six but I doubt it.

F-zero is almost certainly not getting three reps. Heck, it may not even get two.

Zelda getting five reps is questionable and even if we do get five reps, Tingle and Ghirahim are more likely to be playable.

Pokemon also has too much reps to be realistic. Seven slots is not going to happen and six slots is unlikely. Heck, we may not even get five if we're seriously unlucky. Pichu should definitely be dropped and one of Mewtwo or Lucario.

A 4th third-party character is fine with a 51 slot roster, but I don't think Bomberman is a likely choice. I think Slime, Professor Layton, Ryu Hayabusa, and even Tails has a better shot of getting in SSB4.

Also, where is a new retro? Takamaru, Lip, Duck Hunt Dog, Diskun, Sukapon (probably not going to happen, but we're more likely to see him then no new retro reps) and Sheriff are all good choices.

Overall, while I can see 50 character slots, there will likely be more emphasize on new series like Sin & Punishment and Custom Robo then adding on to existing series if a 46+ slot roster happens. This is also where balancing starts to be a nightmare In quality, I consider Pichu to be a terrible choice to bring back, I wouldn't exactly be impressed with Midna's inclusion, and I think F-zero is fine with two reps max.

Realism, it's okay in some areas, but is excessive with Mario, F-zero, and Pokemon, which knocks it down some points; and no new retro is a concern. As for the roster in general, it's very good, but there has been better.And why is Geno a realistic choice?I think Waluigi was in the Top 20 at the GameFAQs poll. That kind of concerns me about how popular he is. Personally, I don't think a character from only sports/party games should be playable.
Geno's more realistic than Midna

Oh and my Waddle Dee moveset will have some competitive spice in it.

@Psycho: Geno is more realistic than Waluigi

Gallowglass

Smash Lord

Damn, I hate it that I'm one of the people who don't know much about pokemon
Missingno (or that's the common name for it) is a glitch in the original Red and Blue Pokemon game. Missingno means Missing Number and is consider the 0th pokemon. you have to do some things in order to see him and he only appears on the east coast of Cinnabar and seafoam island. If you see it the name is just a bunch of glich characters. Also if you beat it whatever is in your 6th item slot is multiplied by 99 and you can do this as many times as you wish. Missingno only has two moves Sky Attack and Water gun. If you ever catch it then it ruins your game.

Missingno (or that's the common name for it) is a glitch in the original Red and Blue Pokemon game. Missingno means Missing Number and is consider the 0th pokemon. you have to do some things in order to see him and he only appears on the east coast of Cinnabar and seafoam island. If you see it the name is just a bunch of glich characters. Also if you beat it whatever is in your 6th item slot is multiplied by 99 and you can do this as many times as you wish. Missingno only has two moves Sky Attack and Water gun. If you ever catch it then it ruins your game.
So... this is sounding like some easter egg.

I think I thought of something....

How about we talk about a character that is hardly talked about. Don't talk about the "chances". Well maybe because it will start some stupid argument OR because we don't know.

Yes. We don't know.

YES. DON'T KNOW

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
Oh man I have a ton of those.

Mario
-Birdo
-Kamek

Zelda
-Impa
-Error

Earthbound
-Ninten
-Angry Hippie

Retro
-Urban Champion (Urban Champion)
-Fighter Hayabusa (Pro Wrestling)

3rd Parties
- Paperboy (Paper Boy)
- Thomas (Kung Fu)
- Strong Bad (Homestar Runner)

Some of them have no chance but others I think have better chances then some realize (Impa, Birdo, Retro-characters)

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Urban Champion is one of the worst Nintendo games ever made, said by a lot of reviewers

He actually has more fan hate than support

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
D

Deleted member

@PsychoIncarnate: I did not ask why Geno had a better chance then Midna, I asked why Geno was realistic at all.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
[COLLAPSE="Moveset"]Animal Crosser

Animal Crosser joins the fray! But... can they actually fight I mean they don't look like fighting material but if Princess Peach can make it in I guess anyone can join the fray in Smash Bros!

Moveset

A- Punch with Right Hand.
AA - Punch with Left Hand.
AAA - Roundhouse Kick.
Dash A - Runs and twirls around with Axe.

Tilts
F-Tilt - Pulls out Watering Can, and wacks the opponent with it.
U - Tilt - Waves Shovel over head and smacks the opponent.
D- Tilt - Jabs at the ground with his/her shovel.

Smash Attacks
Foward Smash - Charges up axe in front of his/her self, and swings it foward with great force.
Down Smash - Takes out shovel and sweeps it down left and right, similar to Ike's Down Smash.
Up Smash - Bends down, and springs up headbutting the opponent with great force.

Aerials
N-Air - Simple Punch
F-Air - Swings axe downward and meteor smashes.
B-Air - Kicks behind self.
D-Air - Falls down quickly with a shovel(similar to Toon Link's d-air)

Special Moves
Standard Special Move Slingshot - Pulls out Slingshot and shoots it at opponent. Works similar to Link's Arrow but faster the longer held the farther the range.

Foward Special Move Fruit Toss - Animal Crosser pulls out a fruit and chucks it at the opponent, they can throw up to six different types of fruit
Cherry- 4%
Peach - 6%
Apple - 8%
Orange - 10%
Pear - 12%
Coconut - 14%

Up Special Move Fishing Rod - Fishing Rod is swung out and the line automatically catches a ledge. can also be used on the ground to catch opponents and pull them to the ground.

Down Special Move Bee Hive - Pulls out a bee hive and shakes it up, they then put it on the ground and the bee's pursuit the enemy for a few seconds stinging and racking up damage on the opponent.

Grabs - Grabs the opponent with the fishing rod.
Pummel - Smacks the opponent on the head with the shovel(relatively fast)
Up Throw - Flings the opponent up and shoots them with the sling shot
Back Throw - Pushes opponent behind self with the shovel.
Down Throw - Picks the opponent up and slams them down
Foward Throw - Kicks the opponent in front of himself

Final Smash(Option 1)

T-Rex - Animal Crosser pulls out a T-Rex Skull, Torso and Tail and a puff of smoke appears as they put it together and a T-Rex emerges. It'll then rampage and thrash the opponent around once down it'll freeze and fall apart.

Option 2

Villagers - A bunch of animals appear and they'll start talking and running around the speech bubbles block the screen and they plow the opponents usually knocking them off the screen. If attacked they become mad and touching them will cause damage with a high knockback.

Taunts
Happiness Emotion
Fear Emotion
Surprise Emotion[/COLLAPSE]

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Hey guys- I'd wish they'd add a fourth smash attack. It could be a "Backward Smash Attack". Simply, do Smash Attack to the opposite direction you're facing. (-lvl-)

Musical Rum

Smash Cadet
Dumb but I signed up pretty much to ask how you all felt about Microsoft exclusive characters like the COGs being in SSBU. Unlikely but they could be fun. . .right?

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
COG's?

Call of Duty, Halo I'm assuming like Master Chief right? Yeah we've suggested that many times but realistically speaking we just ignore them as possible choices simply because they aren't realistic, they aren't likely to happen at all, sadly Master Chief would have been awesome.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
ahh, i saw that a long time ago. it's fine... what i don't like is that the guy made Rockman do an air dash... it's fine for the rush adapter but not stand alone... X can air dash though... lol

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Hey guys- I'd wish they'd add a fourth smash attack. It could be a "Backward Smash Attack". Simply, do Smash Attack to the opposite direction you're facing. (-lvl-)
I see that suggested a lot, but it really doesn't sound very practical. Would feel a bit... restrictive? You move from "side to side" not "forward or back" after all.

Let's see... I don't think B + Shield does anything? Maybe a Shield Special could work or something. Maybe a Grab Special too (B during grab). As for directional specials, I think four is the limit. Diagonal up/down specials could be done MAYBE... but I feel like that would lead to a lot of ACCIDENTAL INPUTS.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
i like the back smash attack... it's strict for smash attack, which means no tilts. you face one way and c-stick the other way... Bowser Spineback Crasher.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I see that suggested a lot, but it really doesn't sound very practical. Would feel a bit... restrictive? You move from "side to side" not "forward or back" after all.

Let's see... I don't think B + Shield does anything? Maybe a Shield Special could work or something. Maybe a Grab Special too (B during grab). As for directional specials, I think four is the limit. Diagonal up/down specials could be done MAYBE... but I feel like that would lead to a lot of ACCIDENTAL INPUTS.
Yup, imagine all the tourney players getting mad and yelling at the scene, "it's not fair, I inputted an accidental move and made me lose" :awesome:

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
Yeah, Y.toonlink should take inspiration from that.

Will do :3
But tell me though, do you really want me to finish it up soon? What I said earlier about my ideas being shot down is why I don't really wanna spend too much time on it.

A Back Smash would feel really restricted, and you lose the surprise factor of a turn around FSmash.

@SSBFan:
DONT CARE ABOUT TOON LINK?!?! I see where you're coming from, but then you might as well turn down Roy, Falco and Wolf since they would be similar to Marth/Ike and Fox. Toon Link's play-style was different (way different) than Link's. A bigger difference than YLink and Link (Melee).

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I think "hidden moves" would be a neat addition. Like, input something at a very specific point during a move and it provides some sort of variation. Suppose you use Mario's F-smash, then very near the end of the animation you press F-smash again for a second more powerful burst of fire. Maybe press up near the beginning of R.O.B.'s D-Smash for him to raise his arms upward, changing the direction of the knockback. All characters would have these variations, but not necessarily for the same attacks. Could be fun finding them all? :3

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
You mean like Rekkas? I'd rather that be known from the start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom