• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Hoooly, he has a Famicom, Genesis, SNES and an orange 64. (-l[]l-);

Hmm, Genesis is the one that's the wierdest tho. But anyway.

So how it will go this time...

yani

Smash Lord
I hope everyone from Brawl makes it. They should bring back Mewtwo for sure. Now for new characters, I would like to see Little Mac from Punch-Out, Geno from Super Mario RPG, Andy from Advance Wars, Ridley from Metroid and Heracross from Pokemon Generation II. If I would pick a 3rd party character it would have to be Megaman from Capcom (though he apparently gets no more love from them.....) and a Chocobo from Square-Enix (It would be a perfect choice considering they are in many games that appear on Nintendo consoles.)

I'm hoping that they release a popularity board for the next one where we can vote for characters we want to appear in the next game. Didn't they do that with the last one?
Greetings fellow Geno fan

@Morph
I follow Sakurai on twitter :awesome::cool:

Morpheus42

Smash Cadet
Don't you think this translation seems like a vagrantly obvious "hint-hint" sort of thing?

And Greetings Hazard. Welcome to the party that beats Mario Party 8.

:phone:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Morphy & Yani: How? I'm curious... What they would be hinting on?

And nice to meetya Hazard! This party ain't for the faint of heart. The elitists of Super Smash Bros-speculation do their daily discussion here. (-U^U-)d

Just kidding. *Pats to the back*

Morpheus42

Smash Cadet
Because I'm just a tad lazy, when did he finish Uprising? And has Sakurai historically taken any sort of input from the fans about their favorites?

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Chrono's here, maybe he can answer, can't remember myself about those facts (and then there's our local Smash Bros-interview archiver Triple Hyphen)

SkyLeaf: Could it refer to Nintendo's name's meaning: "Leave Luck To Heaven?" Because since Smash Bros is a Nintendo-crossover...

Though seems like Morphy thinks otherwise. (-l,l-);

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Actually, she's a Stage Element :awesome:

Either way, for Zelda Assist Trophies, I chose Tingle, Kaepora Gaebora, Epona, and Goron. I feel they're more liked and important.:awesome:
If Toon Link is still there, I hope to see his sword instuctor from the Wind Waker, the old man with the spear where you could spar against. Loved that guy!

Sonjicboom

Smash Apprentice
If development begins today, let us brace for the two-or-so year saga of speculation. As long as Sonic is back in, I am fine. I would also be okay with the Power Glove replacing Master Hand (Hey, Sakurai implemented R.O.B., so there is always the possibility...).

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Like they did with Tabuu in Brawl? No problem thus far.
He took Giga Bowser's role, not Master Hand, the original and main boss of Classic Mode. There's been only two Adventure Mode main bosses, and that's it. They're different modes anyway.

Skyleaf

Smash Cadet
Actually, now that I think of it, "the game of sky" is Uprising! :D

It doesn't say "The game of sky." 有限会社ソラ is Sora, Ltd. It just say's "Sora, Ltd.'s game." Which I suppose could refer to Uprising. But if it's talking about "now ready to raise the game in the office." Perhaps that does refer to Smash.

Chrono's here, maybe he can answer, can't remember myself about those facts (and then there's our local Smash Bros-interview archiver Triple Hyphen)

SkyLeaf: Could it refer to Nintendo's name's meaning: "Leave Luck To Heaven?" Because since Smash Bros is a Nintendo-crossover...

Though seems like Morphy thinks otherwise. (-l,l-);
No. xD The "Sora" in that tweet is talking about Sora, Ltd. Morpheus keeps thinking it means sky. :p

Way to go, Soraleaf.
You clever person, you.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I'm not going to make much of anything off Sakurai's twitter, not everything he does has to do with Smash. And if he is refering to the development of Smash 4, it's something that we have already guessed would happen in the coming weeks so it's not big news.

Neat, my Japanese classes are starting to pay off, I can actually read some of the twitter posts. :)

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Makes no sense. Tai should be wearing Sora's helmet since he owns a WARgreymon, and Sora should have Tai's (aviator) goggles since she rides a bird.

I guess the character designers were idiots or something.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
He took Giga Bowser's role, not Master Hand, the original and main boss of Classic Mode. There's been only two Adventure Mode main bosses, and that's it. They're different modes anyway.
Gotta have it your way huh..?

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
*looks at the last few pages* My god... You people never fail to make me smile. Especially some of you new guys talkin' about Lucario replacing Mewtwo, or Ike replacing Roy.

So, coversation still on this epic retardedness, or are we safe?

@Oasis I would love to see Epona make some appearence in the fight.

Morpheus42

Smash Cadet
Well, Skyleaf, Uprising and Sm4sh are Sora's top projects, so unless anyone here can confirm otherwise (and I know nothing about the final dev schedule for Uprising, btw), I'd say Sakurai might be laying on a clever pun. :troll:

After all, I was only going off of a translator's word that didn't pick up on that subtlety, which makes me want to learn the language now...

Rofl Golden, though 5 Guys is where it's at :)

yani

Smash Lord
Since we have Yoshi, shouldn't that mean we should have Epona as well?
Epona Specials:

B Epona swallows you and spits you out into a hay ball

B> Epona rolls into a ball and rolls around the stage

B^ Epona flings a poop ball with her hoof

Bv Epona does a ground pound attack

Morpheus42

Smash Cadet
Epona Specials:

B Epona swallows you and spits you out into a hay ball

B> Epona rolls into a ball and rolls around the stage

B^ Epona flings a poop ball with her hoof

Bv Epona does a ground pound attack
Somehow the side-B reminds me of Banjo rolling around in a ball while making his signature "Dya-HUH!" sound. It's hilarious imagining the others.

Morpheus42

Smash Cadet
With the Crimson Loftwing, I could see a deadly Spiral Charge taking place immediately after his summons, like Porygon2.

Skyleaf

Smash Cadet
Well, Skyleaf, Uprising and Sm4sh are Sora's top projects, so unless anyone here can confirm otherwise (and I know nothing about the final dev schedule for Uprising, btw), I'd say Sakurai might be laying on a clever pun. :troll:

After all, I was only going off of a translator's word that didn't pick up on that subtlety, which makes me want to learn the language now...
It's not a pun by any means. I'm saying that he didn't specify what game he was talking about.
And now that I look at it better, he said "ゲーム機" which means game machine. And then mentions the N64. Maybe he wasn't even mentioning Sm4sh at all. I overlooked that.

Translators are okay for recognizing content words that you may not know. But not in sentence translation, hardly ever. :p And Japanese IS a fun language to learn. Just gotta stick with it. (:

yani

Smash Lord
And now that I look at it better, he said "ゲーム機" which means game machine. And then mentions the N64.
He tweeted a picture of what appears to be an orange N64, the neon looking one. So this makes sense

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Just a random thought. Because of that one poll showing that Chandelure is the most popular Gen V Pokemon in Japan, I think we can expect to see it...as a Poke Ball. In fact, he'd make quite a good one.

Look at that physique.

That, and he's my favorite Gen V Pokemon...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom