• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Rankings! Pennsylvania Player Finder and Power Rankings (10/31/07)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zig-Zag!

Smash Lord
swiftbass
that is all

edit: man, i thought zig-zag lived in st. louis >.>;
I do! I just go to college in Edinboro.

Also, its dumb spending two years building up a smash community in a city, only to move to someplace that doesnt even know what a Wii is.

Scar

#HarveyDent
Figured I'd make it easier for you to read.
As I said, MM anyone in the rankings if you disagree. I don't think anyone else in the state is better than anyone in the top 10. If you do, seriously, I will bet you money that you are wrong.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Pakman should be higher.

I don't think anyone else in the state is better than anyone in the top 10. If you do, seriously, I will bet you money that you are wrong.
Unless you guys consider Magus to be NJ, he's not listed at all even as a top player not ranked for activity reasons, and he's about as good as Lord Knight imo.

Mogwai2

Smash Rookie
Hey, this is Wesley, I've changed names on the boards, so if one of the mods can errata my name to Mogwai or Mogwai/Wesley in this finder, that would be pretty alright.

Zig, where are you going to school again? We need to play that sexy Pikachu more often ;).

Scar

#HarveyDent
A-Loan, MM 100 dollars.
I was going to put this in an edit on my previous post, but I decided I want to make sure no one misses it.

Alan, you are extremely irritating. You, as far as I've heard, are nowhere near approaching top 15. I'm sure you have no idea as to what the skill levels of PA players are at this point. So where the hell do you get off making such a ridiculously bold statement?

Last time, you had half of PA behind you if you made that statement, in large part because people don't really understand how good Velocity is. Velocity is far better than you, and better than everyone ranked below him.

But now, you're just some jerk who wants to have an argument. You have no idea what you're talking about, and no one knowledgeable is going to agree with you save other jerks who want to argue.

This is a good list, and you go right on ahead being an *** but I'm going to call you on it. If you really have a problem with it why don't you go on ahead and make an actual point, such as naming who is too high and who should be higher than them.

And please don't say Renth. Renth should be happy with his placement and only feels underranked because again, he has no idea of the relative skill of his competition, since he hasn't played the game in roughly 2 months now.

TomGoblaski

Smash Cadet
Yikes Scar.

I'm on that athlete ****, but I'm hoping I will be alot better next time I play with you guys.

Musa

xyt

Smash Lord
I was going to put this in an edit on my previous post, but I decided I want to make sure no one misses it.

Alan, you are extremely irritating. You, as far as I've heard, are nowhere near approaching top 15. I'm sure you have no idea as to what the skill levels of PA players are at this point. So where the hell do you get off making such a ridiculously bold statement?

Last time, you had half of PA behind you if you made that statement, in large part because people don't really understand how good Velocity is. Velocity is far better than you, and better than everyone ranked below him.

But now, you're just some jerk who wants to have an argument. You have no idea what you're talking about, and no one knowledgeable is going to agree with you save other jerks who want to argue.

This is a good list, and you go right on ahead being an *** but I'm going to call you on it. If you really have a problem with it why don't you go on ahead and make an actual point, such as naming who is too high and who should be higher than them.

And please don't say Renth. Renth should be happy with his placement and only feels underranked because again, he has no idea of the relative skill of his competition, since he hasn't played the game in roughly 2 months now.
Woah @_@)... that was a cool read >_<)/

Renth

Smash Hero
I

I completely agree with you Scar. I haven't touched PA smash in about 2 months there's no arguement there what so ever i've been inactive and am moving back to FL me being on the rankings alone is good enough =)

<3 Scar

Our primary criteria is tournament results, as in overall placings. Obviously, more recent results hold more weight. Then, we consider how each player on the panel achieved those placings (who they beat, who they lost to). Finally, with such a large state, it is very likely that some people have never even been at the same tournament, much less played each other, so the panelists will have to simply make their best judgment on who in the panel should be ranked the highest.

The last sentence implies that the panel is going to take their best judgment on who in the panel should be ranked the highest? As in they look at who on the panel should be really high then looks at other places?

That should be fixed.

Scar

#HarveyDent
me being on the rankings alone is good enough =)
Well duh, if you weren't on there we would lose SO many Sexy Ganon Points. And I hope Alan does get better since we should have no problem ranking our top 15 players, but since there was so much riffraff in the 13-15 range, there was really nothing the panelists could do, save arbitrarily picking 3 players for the sake of having a complete list.

GOTM

Smash Champion

brings back memories of the pokemon board in the summer.....

scar wins, is it because he goes to penn? maybe. but he still wins.

A-Laon

Smash Master
Well, first off, in the sake of your own argument, you'd be well-advised not to criticize my skill level without actually having any true knowledge of my ability outside of what your friends have told you. Doing such is making the exact same mistake you're accusing me of.

Additionally, it's worth noting that I've never brought up my own skill level in anything I've said, nor have I even so much as implied that I feel I should be ranked myself. I'm on the wagon of total disconcern for whether or not I'm ranked. Again, bringing up my skill level adds nothing to your counter-argument except clutter for me to read through (unless that's some disorientation tactic).

I'm curious as to the statement of mine you're referring to in your second paragraph. If it is in reference to my very last post, I hope you recognize that I was precisely quoting your own PA finder's words and merely highlighting the section I found amusing. If it's referring to my comment on the untruthfulness of the finder, implying that the panel has no clue what they're doing, you might just be surprised by the quantity of people who are in fact still on my side.

The past has already proven that the lists are indisputable. They're governed by a subjective system which is no more than the collective opinions of a select group, obviously making contraversy unavoidable. The problem arises when any such contraversy is negated by an allied panel defending their collective opinion. If the panel holds authority, and by the nature of its members opens no doors to potential changes, then that panel has complete, indisputable power to adjust the rankings based on purely their own knowledge (or lack their of) and silence outside influence, justifying it with authority rather than accepted reason.

Finally, to clarify, this isn't an open argument and I'm not going to bother addressing your retorts. I've said my piece, so there is now at least something in this thread that's right.

Scar

#HarveyDent
Finally, to clarify, this isn't an open argument and I'm not going to bother addressing your retorts.
Of course you won't. That's fine, I don't really care. But really, you haven't tried to make a change, so you can't act like you're giving up. And please don't try to take an intellectual high ground on me, it's sad.

xyt

Smash Lord
Well, first off, in the sake of your own argument, you'd be well-advised not to criticize my skill level without actually having any true knowledge of my ability outside of what your friends have told you. Doing such is making the exact same mistake you're accusing me of.

Additionally, it's worth noting that I've never brought up my own skill level in anything I've said, nor have I even so much as implied that I feel I should be ranked myself. I'm on the wagon of total disconcern for whether or not I'm ranked. Again, bringing up my skill level adds nothing to your counter-argument except clutter for me to read through (unless that's some disorientation tactic).

I'm curious as to the statement of mine you're referring to in your second paragraph. If it is in reference to my very last post, I hope you recognize that I was precisely quoting your own PA finder's words and merely highlighting the section I found amusing. If it's referring to my comment on the untruthfulness of the finder, implying that the panel has no clue what they're doing, you might just be surprised by the quantity of people who are in fact still on my side.

The past has already proven that the lists are indisputable. They're governed by a subjective system which is no more than the collective opinions of a select group, obviously making contraversy unavoidable. The problem arises when any such contraversy is negated by an allied panel defending their collective opinion. If the panel holds authority, and by the nature of its members opens no doors to potential changes, then that panel has complete, indisputable power to adjust the rankings based on purely their own knowledge (or lack their of) and silence outside influence, justifying it with authority rather than accepted reason.

Finally, to clarify, this isn't an open argument and I'm not going to bother addressing your retorts. I've said my piece, so there is now at least something in this thread that's right.
sooo.... what exactly are you saying.... @_@)...?

Scar

#HarveyDent
sooo.... what exactly are you saying.... @_@)...?
He's saying that people don't like the list, even though no one has said anything besides him. He's also saying that the list is very subjective, and that it's simply what the panelists think and that's that.

He's wrong on both counts. Maybe scrubs are unhappy with the list, but virtually all of the top players are in accord.

Scar

#HarveyDent
Your spelling is awful. Either way, now I have to figure out what your two problems are, and address them. See what I'm doing is constructive. That's the main difference between us, you do nothing to help the situation.

Anyways, "virtually?" Maybe that's a problem? I don't see how, I mean yes maybe there's one player who doesn't agree, but if there is it's probably Mow and Mow himself will/should admit that he is a crazy crazy person, beautiful as he is.

And then maybe your other problem is my use of the phrase "top players." Well, I don't see why that's a problem. The opinions of better players are more valuable than those who don't yet understand the game completely. You can't appreciate a good player unless you know what makes a good player.

So I don't know what you want me to tell you, but basically, grow up, dude. You aren't going to be accommodated if your attitude is trash. If you just want to whine and moan then admit it, but otherwise why don't you take a minute to think about it and actually have a constructive conversation with me. Same goes to the *** who changed the PA Player Finder post to begin with.

Important parts are highlighted for your convenience. So there's no "clutter" you have to read through.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
as a general rule, talented players are able to notice the skill difference better. general rule because most of the people good now have been through the same situation when they were getting better behind the first wave of smash pros, mostly retired now :p

more importantly, this is a fun read.

MOST importantly, scar's avatar is scrumtrulescent.

D

Deleted member

Let me think of a way to clearly state my opinion here. hmm.

First, let's establish that no one in PA is a big a flaming bag of ***** as me. I am the source of all arrogance and douchery, agreed? Good.

Alan, no one gives a **** about your skill level, not me, not scar, not LK, no one. Don't dismiss yourself as righteous because you think you're better than they think you are. Guess what, you suck. Guess what, scar and LK sucks too. For the sake of argument, everyone in PA sucks, including velocity and cactuar. No one in PA beats anyone good, and the last time that happened was a few weeks ago when I beat M2K in some friendlies that don't mean ****. Last time before that was, what, cactuar beating forward when he played like ****? So what. No one fears your petty *** and subpar playing.

No one in PA is doing a money match for a 3 digit sum. If you do, I IMMEDIATELY challenge you for that $100. Anyone, I don't give a **** who you are.

punkass mother****er.

Don't talk down a player unless you can **** their ****. Velocity would trash your **** hard and spread pieces of your *** all around the room and he plays ****ing doctor mario lol.

Word @scar you know whats up I don't give a **** about these snakey trick mother****ers. Gotta regulate ****ty PA heads all over lol half PA sucks so hard I can't watch them play w/ a straight face I need to go back to NYC get some real talent.

**** you PA, someone challenge me. PA is the sorriest collection of half-***** stumbleass toadies I've seen since delware smash scene pretended to exist. You stinky little ****s pretend to be worth a pile of doodoo in a Sheetz toilet as far as smash goes. Puppet smashers with puppet crews that want to be something big. ****ing word up you can't be worth a **** you're not even a threat if you don't leave the state. Man the **** up or put your ***** away, but pick one. **** PA smash, this isn't the place to wave your ***** around the room when you're packing around 5 inches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom