• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Official Bowser Jr. Thread: Home of the Koopatrol *now recruiting*

Iboid

Smash Apprentice
Oooh! If the Piranha gets to another player, it grabs them with its jaw, dealing damage, and brings it back to Jr. to attack!

Iboid

Smash Apprentice
I would say as when you use it the paint starts draining away from the paintbrush as a cosmetic effect to let you know how much 'rope' you have left. Still, it shouldn't go farther then ZSS's.
Cosmetic effect? His brush isn't cosmetic.

Bowser Junior Nutt

Smash Apprentice
Wait wait wait, are you saying that there is a limeited amount of paint in the brush? Or, does it just recharge, like in kirby's canvas curse?

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
when he says cosmetic effect i belive hes trying to say that the draining of the brush would sorta be a sign to point out how much paint is left in the 'rope' not as in spaces cosmos or anything if thats what you mean :p.

Iboid

Smash Apprentice
when he says cosmetic effect i belive hes trying to say that the draining of the brush would sorta be a sign to point out how much paint is left in the 'rope' not as in spaces cosmos or anything if thats what you mean :p.
Oh.

:p Whoops.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
If BJ goes all noncanon on us and uses his magic brush as a bo staff, then I will definitely will put on the edge of my seat shouting "Holy Crap!!", thus ditching my current secondary Link and exchanging it with Bowser Jr.

Bowser Jr. 4 Brawl

Kips

Smash Ace
Exactly, thank you. The paint measures how much 'rope' he has left, so when you run out of paint on the brush... well, it's a long way down. It could also be an accurate gauging tool for other moves.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
In Mario Power Tennis, Bowser Jr.'s defensive power shot made him move at a fast speed and then hit the ball with his brush. I think that something similar to that may be his third jump.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
Sorry, I've been gone guys. There was NFL, MLK Day, etc. But I'm back and see we have a lot of support for Jr. All supporters will be added to the Koopatrol and if there's any art, movesets, etc, you'd like to submit, please PM me and I'll add it.

Bowser Junior Nutt

Smash Apprentice
Well, we've already suggested that as the third jump, but alot of characters already have a recovery move just like it, so we're trying to find one more unique.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
Bowser jrs awesome! I hope he makes it in over Geno. And for his B attack, when he takes out his paintbrush, he should spread paint all over the stage wherever he walks. That'd be so cool! And he should make it in if Dr. Mario is taken out.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
it is not a competition between bowser jr and geno, one character's inclusion does not mean another character cannot make it into the game.

Iboid

Smash Apprentice
Does anybody think that there may be a way to make Bowser Jr. wear his bandanna the whole time? Or maybe he DOES wear it the whole time in Brawl!

Bowser Junior Nutt

Smash Apprentice
Here here. Alright, the rocket idea is good, but we want a few more idea's before we make a final desision. Once it's made, I will discuss it with the other two founders, Comander B and M-S36. So, any more ideas?

Kips

Smash Ace
Perhaps his recovery could be painting a winged Koopa, allowing for drifting and temporary flight (Those things can't move long you know!). That or Jr. could use his bandana, ignoring physics for a bit, as a parachute. The bandana would have to grow ridiculously large though and I feel it would take G&W's, debatedly, best moves creativity away.

Iboid

Smash Apprentice
I think his recovery should be a Bullet Bill
Right on! *high five*

Here's my moveset for Jr. AND Shadow Mario:

BOWSER JUNIOR MOVESET:

Entrance: A little airship drops him on the ground (see Airship from ‘Bowser Jr.’s Airship Armada’)

A: Jab with the Paint Brush
AA: Double jab with the Paint Brush
AAA: Double jab, and then slice with the Paint brush
Up A: Sticks Paint Brush straight up, like a sword
Side A: Hammer Brush (swings the brush like he would with a hammer)
Down A: Swings Brush side to side

Ariel A: Twirls Brush in front of him
Ariel Up A: Spins the brush like a propeller
Ariel Down A: Sticks the ‘Brush in the Stone’
Ariel Side A: Lurches forward and slicing with the brush

Standard Special – Paint Wad
Throws a Paintball from his Brush
Up Special – Bullet Bill
A bullet bill appears and Jr. rides on it. You can control the Bullet Bill. Be careful! If you don’t jump off before it explodes or hits something/someone, you’ll take damage!
Side Special – Goopy Mess
Jr. sprays graffiti all over the floor in front of him. Each graffiti type causes the foe to slip, get dirty, and take damage. The fire graffiti causes the foe to also take damage from fire, and electricity paint causes the foe to get shocked.
Down Special – Shadow Mario
Bowser Jr. puts on his bandanna. He’s become Shadow Mario!

Final Smash – Mecha Bowser
Bowser Jr. jumps back off the stage, and onto Mecha Bowser’s head. Bullet bills (homing) come from his chest, and you press A to start his flamethrower! His head is moveable, so the direction of the flamethrower can change.

How does he grab? : He shoots a Goopy Piranha out of his brush, of course! It latches on to the player with its mighty jaws.
Grab Down: Throws you on the ground and covers you in paint
Grab Up: Shoots you up with a ‘geyser’ of paint
Grab Side: Spills paint on the floor and throws you on it, thus making the player slip. Good to use by an edge!

Taunts –

Taunt Down: Sticks out his tongue
Taunt Side: Dances in a circle
Taunt Up: Jumps up and does a summersault, laughing.

Victory 1: Spins on his shell and stops, going into a stylish pose.
Victory 2: Puts on his bandanna and crosses his arms.
Victory 3: Paints an M on the screen.

SHADOW MARIO MOVESET:

Entrance: Comes out of a painted red M.

He does the same thing as Bowser Jr.
Up Special – Goopy Piranha (Tether recovery)
He does the same thing Bowser Jr.’s grab, but the Piranha plant grabs the edge, and the neck is the rope.
If this hits another player, they will be bitten by the piranha.
Side Special – Piranha Head
A piranha head covered in brown paint comes out of his brush, and rolls down the stage. It will cause a trail of paint to be left behind.
Down Special – Bowser Jr.
He takes of his bandanna, and reverts back to Jr.

Final Smash – Flood
Water floods the whole stage! Just like in Super Mario Sunshine! But what’s this? There is black paint floating on top of the purple water! And what’s even worse, an eel with a huge set of jaws pops out of the water! Aaaah!

How does he grab? : He shoots a Goopy Piranha out of his brush, of course! It latches on to the player with its mighty jaws.
Grab Down: Throws you on the ground and jabs you with the brush, which cause paint to get on the player.
Grab Up: Kicks up and gets paint on the opponent when done so.
Grab Side: Spins you around with the brush and then shoots paint out of it.

Taunt Down: He sticks out his long tongue.
Taunt Up: Jumps up and does a cheering pose.
Taunt Side: Laughs and runs in a circle.

Victory 1: Jumps up and performs a cheering pose in the air.
Victory 2: Laughs and holds his brush, while it rests it’s stick on the ground.
Victory 3: Paints a red M on the screen.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Right on! *high five*

Here's my moveset for Jr. AND Shadow Mario:

BOWSER JUNIOR MOVESET:

Entrance: A little airship drops him on the ground (see Airship from ‘Bowser Jr.’s Airship Armada’)

Throws a Paintball from his Brush
Up Special – Bullet Bill
A bullet bill appears and Jr. rides on it. You can control the Bullet Bill. Be careful! If you don’t jump off before it explodes or hits something/someone, you’ll take damage!
Side Special – Goopy Mess
Jr. sprays graffiti all over the floor in front of him. Each graffiti type causes the foe to slip, get dirty, and take damage. The fire graffiti causes the foe to also take damage from fire, and electricity paint causes the foe to get shocked.
Down Special – Shadow Mario
Bowser Jr. puts on his bandanna. He’s become Shadow Mario!

Final Smash – Mecha Bowser
Bowser Jr. jumps back off the stage, and onto Mecha Bowser’s head. Bullet bills (homing) come from his chest, and you press A to start his flamethrower! His head is moveable, so the direction of the flamethrower can change.

Grab Down: Throws you on the ground and covers you in paint
Grab Up: Shoots you up with a ‘geyser’ of paint
Grab Side: Spills paint on the floor and throws you on it, thus making the player slip. Good to use by an edge!

Taunts –

Taunt Down: Sticks out his tongue
Taunt Side: Dances in a circle
Taunt Up: Jumps up and does a summersault, laughing.

Victory 1: Spins on his shell and stops, going into a stylish pose.
Victory 2: Puts on his bandanna and crosses his arms.
Victory 3: Paints an M on the screen.

SHADOW MARIO MOVESET:

Entrance: Comes out of a painted red M.

He does the same thing as Bowser Jr.
Up Special – Goopy Piranha (Tether recovery)
He does the same thing Bowser Jr.’s grab, but the Piranha plant grabs the edge, and the neck is the rope.
If this hits another player, they will be bitten by the piranha.
Side Special – Piranha Head
A piranha head covered in brown paint comes out of his brush, and rolls down the stage. It will cause a trail of paint to be left behind.
Down Special – Bowser Jr.
He takes of his bandanna, and reverts back to Jr.

Final Smash – Flood
Water floods the whole stage! Just like in Super Mario Sunshine! But what’s this? There is black paint floating on top of the purple water! And what’s even worse, an eel with a huge set of jaws pops out of the water! Aaaah!

Grab Down: Throws you on the ground and jabs you with the brush, which cause paint to get on the player.
Grab Up: Kicks up and gets paint on the opponent when done so.
Grab Side: Spins you around with the brush and then shoots paint out of it.

Taunt Down: He sticks out his long tongue.
Taunt Up: Jumps up and does a cheering pose.
Taunt Side: Laughs and runs in a circle.

Victory 1: Jumps up and performs a cheering pose in the air.
Victory 2: Laughs and holds his brush, while it rests it’s stick on the ground.
Victory 3: Paints a red M on the screen.
Take notes folks! This is how you do a moveset. Awesomeness!

XACE-K

Smash Master
Does any body else think that Jr.'s paintbrush should have the different type of paints like in SMS? The colors there were are black,brown,orange and teal. The orange paint would burn you and the teal paint would electrocute you while black and brown just made you dirty.

Iboid

Smash Apprentice
Does any body else think that Jr.'s paintbrush should have the different type of paints like in SMS? The colors there were are black,brown,orange and teal. The orange paint would burn you and the teal paint would electrocute you while black and brown just made you dirty.
I agree. great idea! Teal and Orange cold also make you dirty, in addition to the effects they have on the opponets.

Bowser Junior Nutt

Smash Apprentice
We have brought that up, but it's very debatable. Sorry I haven't visited in awhile, what new recovery moves were decided?

Bowser Junior Nutt

Smash Apprentice
Again, it's not a bad idea, but we would have to work it out. Anyway, any more ideas on the paint, third jump, or anything else?

Patinator

Smash Champion
Shadow Mario for Down B!

But um, on the recovery topic: I think Bullet Bill would be best.

And on the paint topic: I'm not sure about it. I mean, it'd have to be random unless there was a move that changed his paint type, and that'd be almost useless.

mario-man

Smash Lord
I myself am a Mario fan, but I completely <3 BJ. I would possibly second him if he makes it in. Of course, none of us(exception=Gimpy) know who we really are gonna main til we try out the characters. Add me to the list.

BOWSER JR. FOR BRAWL SON!!!!! YEAYUHHHZ

koopa cape located at the end of rainbow road
Shadow Mario for Down B!

But um, on the recovery topic: I think Bullet Bill would be best.

And on the paint topic: I'm not sure about it. I mean, it'd have to be random unless there was a move that changed his paint type, and that'd be almost useless.

i really dont think they would have a character whip out a vehicle type thing every time they press up b. It still think that the best up b would be: bowser jr. fires his paint brush straight down. Any enemy that gets hit by the goop/paint will be damaged (bout 5-8%) but will also be weighed down, and lose traction because of the paint.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
I myself am a Mario fan, but I completely <3 BJ. I would possibly second him if he makes it in. Of course, none of us(exception=Gimpy) know who we really are gonna main til we try out the characters. Add me to the list.

BOWSER JR. FOR BRAWL SON!!!!! YEAYUHHHZ
And we all know that Gimpy would second BJ in Brawl :)

Top Bottom