• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Nintendo Direct Tomorrow (January 14th, 2015)

FGC-Oni

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FGC-Oni
3DS FC
0430-8323-9211
Why were they specifically only mentioning the XL version of the "new" 3DS in the US. Either way I'm getting that gold Majora's Mask "new" 3DS. It looks sick, I hope it has gold buttons. I also am kinda excited for amiibo support for Smash on 3DS also.

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Why were they specifically only mentioning the XL version of the "new" 3DS in the US. Either way I'm getting that gold Majora's Mask "new" 3DS. It looks sick, I hope it has gold buttons. I also am kinda excited for amiibo support for Smash on 3DS also.
I would assume it is an attempt to get people to buy the XL since it costs more.

Personally, I am looking forward to using Marth, Ike, Lucina, and Robin on Code Name Steam.

FGC-Oni

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FGC-Oni
3DS FC
0430-8323-9211
I would assume it is an attempt to get people to buy the XL since it costs more.

Personally, I am looking forward to using Marth, Ike, Lucina, and Robin on Code Name Steam.
Probably for the best, I upgraded to an XL last year. My hands are too big for the original 3DS I've had since launch. I got on the 3DS ambassador program but looks like no Ambassador editions for US are gonna come out. Super hyped for MM3D.

I might even pick up Hyrule Warriors now, being able to play as the Fierce Deity in 1080p glory sounds really good right about now.

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Probably for the best, I upgraded to an XL last year. My hands are too big for the original 3DS I've had since launch. I got on the 3DS ambassador program but looks like no Ambassador editions for US are gonna come out. Super hyped for MM3D.
The downside is that the New 3DS comes with no Adapter, if I heard it correctly.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
The majora's mask 3ds, majoras mask on 3ds, all those amiibos. All coming around February 14th.

Nintendo getting money is going to cause relationship arguments for a lot of people.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
At this rate, they probably have forgot. :p
It'll be just like Half Life 3 all over again...
.......:(

I do know people were hoping for these things:

• Something related to Mother/Earthbound, new game preferably.
  • New F-Zero game announcement.
  • New Metroid game announcement.
  • More StarFox Wii U information.
  • More Zelda Wii U information.
  • Release date for Xenoblade Chronicles X.
  • Mewtwo Smash Wii U/3DS gameplay trailer.
  • More Character DLC announcements for Smash Wii U/3DS.
  • Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem information.
  • Gamecube EShop title releases and Gamecube adapter compatibility with those games.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Also, I can't be the only who finds it dumb that they released Wii games on the eShop but not GameCube games.

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
MY INNER RPG FREAK SPIRIT IS GOING TO BLOW UP OF HYPE!!!! Xenoblade Chronicles 3D and a NEW Fire Emblem game in 3DS?! Totally buying those. Getting Codename STEAM, it has finally convinced me, PLAYING AS FE CHARACTERS! Even though I'm only getting Lucina because she is my fav Speaking of amiibos, NESS!!!!!!!!!!! Too bad most of this comes after February. Well, guess I'm sticking with New3DS XL and Majora's Mask in my birthday. And one day of those I'll buy Ness amiibo.

Top Bottom