• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Nintendo Direct Tomorrow (January 14th, 2015)

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer

New year, new Nintendo Direct. Nintendo has announced that there will be a new Direct airing on January 14th at 6 a.m Pacific Time covering all sorts of games coming out for the Wii U and 3DS this spring. Possible games included in this Direct would be Mario Maker, Code Name S.T.E.A.M, Yoshi's Wooly World, Splatoon, Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D and so much more. Of course, it wouldn't be a Nintendo Direct without a few surprises as well.

Check out the official confirmation tweet down below.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

What kind of new announcements will we get? Star Fox gameplay? Mewtwo Smash Bros trailer? New amiibo wave? Mother 3?! The hype is definitely real.

TewnLeenk is a writer for Smashboards and wants to see Mewtwo, Star Fox and Earthbound HD...even though that last one is pretty doubtful. Follow and chat with him on Twitter @TewnLeenk.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Please, Iwata, give us the "Mewtwo Strikes Back" trailer to hype us up.

inb4 "Please understand" statement ^_^

Last edited:

SphericalCrusher

Hardcore Gamer
NNID
SphericalCrusher
3DS FC
1118-0223-8931
STOKED!!! Always very hyped over any Nintendo Direct. Hoping we get a New 3DS release date as well as some dates for Xenoblade Chronicles X (but not a spring title), as well as Kirby, Yoshi, Spatloon, etc. Maybe we'll get some new announcements? Doubtful but hopeful!

Jon_14

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jon_14
3DS FC
1993-8945-7042
Great I'm not going to be able to see it since I'm afk from the States tomorrow e.e

ZeruSlayer

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1993-8718-4724
It's been a while. Start the first Nintendo Direct of 2015 strong Nintendo, my hype meter needs to be refilled.

Puppyfaic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Puppyluvv
Nintendo of Australia released a tweet at the same time as the announcement. The contents of said tweet?

"YOU GOT BOOST POWER!"

Jahnathan

Smash Cadet
I'm guessing another Zelda U trailer, maybe a new F-Zero reveal? A man can dream, right?

Last edited:

Engage

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WeegeeUser
GIVE US MEWTWO GAMEPLAY. I JUST WANT HIM TO BE DIFFERENT THAN MELEE, PLEASE.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Some info on the new Starfox would be a nice surprise.

19_

Smash Journeyman
NNID
19sean
3DS FC
3239-4949-6616
Looking forward too it! Let's hope for some smash update news!:mewtwopm::happysheep:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Ugh why is it say the direct is for 7/8/13 on the title, I thought we were in 2015.:troll:
Its in the morning, guess Miyamoto didn't steal Iwata's bike this time.:troll:

MOI-ARI

Smash Ace
NNID
TAISH0U
3DS FC
3523-2502-7558
Im hoping for something on Star Fox but i wont let my hype get TOO high now.

Last edited:

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
Also please give us an update on shonegami tensei x fire emblem
And bravely second coming to america

Sonsa

Smash Champion
A Mewtwo trailer would be nice, but I sorta just expect a video for him like Sonic got, and an announcement that he's on the website with some pretty pics.

They could also mention tournament mode and the Miiverse stage and how those are available to download right after the direct in a new patch or somethin.

Narth

Plox
NNID
nathanrinkster
3DS FC
1736-2381-3285
A Mewtwo trailer would be nice, but I sorta just expect a video for him like Sonic got, and an announcement that he's on the website with some pretty pics.

They could also mention tournament mode and the Miiverse stage and how those are available to download right after the direct in a new patch or somethin.
PLEASE I WANT TOURNAMENT MODE

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
My bets are StarFox, Splatoon and Mewtwo Trailer.... and maybe a Hoopa announcement.

But I hope we get surprises like F-Zero, Metroid or more Zelda U
Nintendo needs to start this 2015 with a BOOM

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I'm placing my bet on this horse:
Interesting. However, something that gets me is he called it "Yarn Yoshi" - it's official name is given, why didn't he use it?

My hopes: DLC Mewtwo trailer, MM 3D info, a new physical Ace Attorney game (I can dream, can't I?), and Rayman DLC (I can dream more, can't I?)

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Interesting. However, something that gets me is he called it "Yarn Yoshi" - it's official name is given, why didn't he use it?

My hopes: DLC Mewtwo trailer, MM 3D info, a new physical Ace Attorney game (I can dream, can't I?), and Rayman DLC (I can dream more, can't I?)
I sincerely hope the new Ace attorney 6(or whatever the sub title is for it) has a physical release

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
Why I cant enjoy a Direct for all the diverse games anymore? Splatoon, new Starfox, Kirby and Yoshi. But nope, only thing I have on my head is the possibility of a Mewtwo trailer...
Thats it, Im out of this wild ride. When is the next stop Mr. Sakurai?.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I'm only interested in new details about Star Fox Wii U and that's it...oh and the release date for the wave 3 amiibo sets. I'm dying to get my hands on that Rosalina amiibo, dammit!

Don't know what sort of surprises, if any, they'll throw down on the table so only time will tell, as always.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I'm only interested in new details about Star Fox Wii U and that's it...oh and the release date for the wave 3 amiibo sets. I'm dying to get my hands on that Rosalina amiibo, dammit!

Don't know what sort of surprises, if any, they'll throw down on the table so only time will tell, as always.
And a Wave 4 lineup...

Top Bottom