• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Nintendo Direct Tomorrow (January 14th, 2015)

Exzerko

Smash Cadet
THE HYPE IS REAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL !!!!!!!!!

:mewtwopm: Trailer and Starfox pleassssee :colorful::chuckle::joyful::bluejump:

FGC-Oni

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FGC-Oni
3DS FC
0430-8323-9211
If the N3DS is coming on the 26th like that screenshot says. I'll be pleasantly surprised. But 3DS Ambassador's in Europe have been getting Ambassador Edition N3DS' I also happen to be a 3DS Ambassador so maybe I'll get one when they eventually release in the US?

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
wait are you freaking serious?

Geez, well that;s what happens when you're too busy with making a TTYD minecraft ressources pack and don't check gonintendo now :)

can I just say it?

PLEASE HAVE PAPER MARIO GORGEOUSNESS!!!!

(and please, be more serious than this walmart thingy).

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
perhaps theyll tell us the two characters in majoras mask pack for hyrule warriors

i guess well find out at two tomorrow

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
perhaps theyll tell us the two characters in majoras mask pack for hyrule warriors

i guess well find out at two tomorrow
Wild guessing Zora Link and Skull Kid. Zora Link has some traits to set him apart from Ruto, while Daruna already stretches the creative potential of a Goron character.

Though Deku Link would be super cool.

WwwWario

Smash Ace
The hype is real!

By the way, I hate timezones. They make life, well, more complicated. Anybody being good with these who could tell me when the stream would start in Norwegian time? (I THINK it is GMT+1, but I'm not sure...)

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
My guesses:
Trailers and possibly release dates/ release month for
Mewtwo
Starfox
Splatoon
Code Name Steam
Kirbys Rainbow Curse
Yoshi Wolly World
Release Dates for new 3DS and more amiibos

Radical Larry

Smash Lord
NNID
Crimson-Vulcan
3DS FC
1822-3761-9326
There's definitely going to be something about Mewtwo, hopefully, but then again, Nintendo can throw a complete 180 and give us complete shocks. They did it with Mewtwo, and they could do it again with another character, possibly a newcomer that's yet to be announced; Leon S. Kennedy or Sora could possibly be announced, but it's just speculation.

As for the hopes, I'm hoping for the release dates for all the games, Mewtwo, and the announcement of a fourth wave of amiibo.

Also...
KO Punch the Hype Train to the stars!

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
About time we got a new Direct. Let's see if we get to see Mewtwo in action at long last.

Time to get hyped.

The hype is real!

By the way, I hate timezones. They make life, well, more complicated. Anybody being good with these who could tell me when the stream would start in Norwegian time? (I THINK it is GMT+1, but I'm not sure...)
I know it's 2 PM in GMT, so it should be 3 PM for GMT+1, which is used by most of Europe, Norway included.

By the way, the Direct starts in 25 hours and 40 minutes.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Since Smash 3DS and Smash Wii U are out now, there's very little to bring up with those two games outside of the Mewtwo's future inclusion.

Also, let's not forget that Mario Kart 8 still has the Animal Crossing pack, which is scheduled for release in May.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Wild guessing Zora Link and Skull Kid. Zora Link has some traits to set him apart from Ruto, while Daruna already stretches the creative potential of a Goron character.

Though Deku Link would be super cool.
odds are it will be skull kid and one of link transformations

with the others being costumes

the101

Smash Journeyman
Outside Bandai Namco Studios with Binoculars...
3DS FC
4854-7073-5738
I look froward to more Amiibo stuff, Kirby and the Rainbow Curse, an actual Star Fox trailer, Majora's Mask 3D, Animal Crossing, Mother 3 and Mewtwo's reveal. Maybe we may even get a hint at more DLC? (:popo:,:lucas:,:wolf:)
But, um... is anyone else excited for Code Name STEAM?

Freduardo

Smash Champion
So Nintendo is hosting a press conference after this direct.

Probably New 3DS distribution and pricing stuff

Modular Zeal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
tsquared
3DS FC
2750-1105-6750
My predictions are that its gonna start with an update with the whole amiibo situation and info about future amiibo for Sm4sh and maybe even for new games coming out. Also, it will most likely end with Star Fox. And in between both of those they will have Zelda:MM, Kirby, gameplay(hopefully a trailer) for Mewtwo, Mario Kart DLC, Hyrule Warriors DLC, Yoshi's Woolly World, Xenoblade X, and all info we need about the New3DS. (Also, maybe if there are some unannounced games or other already announced games I cant think of.)
(I'm pretty sure we wont be seeing anything from Zelda Wii U because what they showed at VGA was enough to last until E3 T-T)

Edit: Actually they may start with Mewtwo gameplay and then before the Star Fox gameplay they will go to the amiibo to kinda wrap up on all the games the went through.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
It's cute that Seth is writer listed all those highly likely options of what will be covered, and then went total fanboy and suggested Mother 3. There's been no statement about that happening, it's just fan hype and desire.

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
Zelda Wii U news and a new EarthBound or riot.

In all seriousness, we'll probably get a Mewtwo trailer if we're lucky, and news about Splatoon and a few other games probably. My expectations aren't particularly high.

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
...that moment when you wake up, think the direct is on, and it turns out it's tomorrow morning.
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFffffffff....!!!

Modular Zeal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
tsquared
3DS FC
2750-1105-6750
My predictions are that its gonna start with an update with the whole amiibo situation and info about future amiibo for Sm4sh and maybe even for new games coming out. Also, it will most likely end with Star Fox. And in between both of those they will have Zelda:MM, Kirby, gameplay(hopefully a trailer) for Mewtwo, Mario Kart DLC, Hyrule Warriors DLC, Yoshi's Woolly World, Xenoblade X, and all info we need about the New3DS. (Also, maybe if there are some unannounced games or other already announced games I cant think of.)
(I'm pretty sure we wont be seeing anything from Zelda Wii U because what they showed at VGA was enough to last until E3 T-T)

Edit: Actually they may start with Mewtwo gameplay and then before the Star Fox gameplay they will go to the amiibo to kinda wrap up on all the games the went through.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I'm placing my bet on this horse:
Sounds pretty predictable. Good but I doubt this is all true. Although I liked what I read about Metroid and Ninja Gaiden.

Plus I don't they they would lock levels in Captain Toad to unlock them for Amiibo, Nintendo usually doesn't do that. And as another person mentioned, Gamefreak doesn't like DLC.

Hopefully they have more surprises up their sleeves. Plus some Smash DLC hint.

Obviously I would love any news on Golden Sun! Or Isaac in Smash 4 DLC!

Last edited:

ShyDude

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5370-0886-7297
My predictions on what will happen.
A Mewtwo trailer for hype
Announcement of Wii U GC adapters going back on sale on X date (For those who don't know they are on Nintendos store website right now unavailable )
Star Fox U info
wave 4 amiibo announcement
LoZ: MM 3D info
Splatoon
Xenoblade chronicals X
Yoshi Wolly World
Kirby rainbow curse
Codena me STEAM
If I think of more I will add them here

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Well looks like the hype is real again. Not expecting much aside from Mewtwo to be honest. :p

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
I hope they at least talk about a little more info regarding Mewtwo, but other than that, I'm not expecting much.

Starman15

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RobotTurtle5000
3DS FC
3136-7638-2428
Switch FC
SW-2901-3121-3539
I'm feeling something... strange. Is this "hype"?

C3CC

Smash Lord
While what I would like the most is a Mewtwo trailer, I highly doubt it'll happen. It's too early, guys. Mewtwo will be released in spring (most likely April) and if they show him now the hype will not be as strong as it would be if they showed him near release. I think we'll get his trailer in the March direct.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Anyone hoping for the Smash online tournaments and sharing update to happen tomorrow and then say in the Direct "you can go download this right now! (At the end of this Direct)"?

Last edited:

JeffsMov

Smash Journeyman
I made a little list of what was the only thing I can think before this Nintendo direct.
-F-Zero
-Mewtwo DLC trailer
-F-Zero
-Another Smash DLC
-F-Zero
-F-Zero
-A star fox...?
-Mario Party 2015 part 1
-Anything with pokémon
-Mario maker
-F-Zero

Top Bottom