• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Nintendo Direct coming 11/5 at 2 p.m.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AIM0001

Smash Lord
Hopefully they announce N64 and GC for VC!

In smash related news I figure they show the Duck Hunt trailer!

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
So Guys does this confirm the Duck hunt trailer :4duckhunt: As it makes perfect sense maybe it's hiding more than we think :popo::lucas::wolf::snake: Anything is up in the air at this point. Thoughts?
The Ice Climbers really aren't up in the air, as the 3ds can't handle them.

Last edited:

the8thark

Smash Lord
Koei Tecmo retweeted the Nintendo of America tweet about this direct, if that means anything.

WwwWario

Smash Ace
I think there already is a thread about tomorrow's direct... but no doubt, we will see da Dog!

Spirst

If we don't see the DH trailer tomorrow, something's up. Don't see why it would be prolonged any further.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Just compiled a list of upcoming games. I'm using Wikipedia as a source so there might be some errors. Feel free to correct me.

Games for November 2014 to Spring 2015 (Games that are very likely to be shown on the Direct)
  • Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (November 13, 2014 for JP. December 5, 2014 for US. January 2, 2015 for EU.)
  • Yoshi's Wooly World (Spring 2015)
  • Mario Maker (Q1/Q2 2015)
  • Super Smash Bros for Wii U (November 21st for US. November 28th for EU. December 6th for JP.)

Games announced for just 2015 (50/50 chances of being shown in Direct. Depending if some will be Q1/Q2 titles)
  • Kirby's Rainbow Curse (2015)
  • Project STEAM (2015)
  • Xenoblade Chronicles X (2015)
  • Splatoon (2015)
  • Zelda Wii U (2015) - Given the franchise's history, it'll be a holiday 2015 title. Unlikely to appear in this Direct.
  • Star Fox Wii U (2015?) - The game is not officially revealed yet, so it might be in a unrepresentable stage. Don't expect this to be an early 2015 title at all.

As for DLC...
  • Mario Kart 8 is the most likely one to have any mention. The first pack of the DLC is coming this month.
  • Smash Bros DLC will likely not be at the Direct, they barely started on Mewtwo's and they seem to be not feel ready enough to show more.
  • There might be DLC news for recent games like Hyrule Warriors

And of course we'll hear more about Amiibo stuff, they are coming out pretty soon. And I can see them announcing some eshop news or maybe firmware updates? Maybe not super likely, but it could happen.

I do not think they'll announce the new 3DS for overseas anytime soon. They would want to keep their 3DSes to keep selling on Black Friday, so announcing the new 3DS hardware would not be a smart business move at this time.

If I've missed anything, let me know!

Last edited:

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
Very likely: Duck Hunt Trailer.
Unlikely: First look at Mewtwo.
Very unlikely: Non-character stuff that will come as DLC next to Mewtwo.
So unlikely that it should happen to blow our minds yet again: Another DLC character announcement.

Anyways, Im just itching for some Splatoon.

the8thark

Smash Lord
Koei Tecmo retweeted the Nintendo of America tweet about this direct, if that means anything.

Feel free to correct me.
If I've missed anything, let me know!
Thank you for your post. You have missed a date.
Smash Bros WiiU - 29/11/2014 Australian release date. One day after the EU release. But factor in time zones, it's only a few hours difference. But I feel it should be mentioned there as well, 29th for Australia.

Also I think MK8 and HW DLC information is very likely to be said. Because of what I said above about Koei Tecmo retweeting the NoA tweet. And because the HW November pack has had no information about it yet.

Also there could be information for the NA and EU release of the New Nintendo 3DS.

Last edited:

Khao

Smash Lord
I gotta be honest.

I hope there's nothing related to Smash in tomorrow's direct.

At all.

I'm hyped as **** for it, but it's getting very tiring to see Smash getting the spotlight in every single Nintendo-related thing, it's getting ridiculous. Smash is not the only Nintendo game I want to know about, like, we know pretty much nothing about the next Zelda game for one, why not focus on other games rather than the one we know pretty much everything about?

I mean, we just had a Smash-specific direct, do we really need more info?

Seriously, if there's a Duck Hunt trailer, it better be just that and absolutely nothing else.

Last edited:

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
The Ice Climbers really aren't up in the air, as the 3ds can't handle them.
Exactly! I know many are still clinging to hope via DLC but as long as the parity between the rosters on the Wii U and 3DS versions of Smash Bros. still exists, the Ice Climber's won't make a return. And to those saying, "maybe they found a way to get past the technical difficulties on the 3DS version," I'm pretty sure that ship sailed when the development team realized they did all the could to make them possible on the 3DS version. There's just too much against the Ice Climbers right now for them to be considered DLC. Now Wolf and Lucas I can see, maybe Snake although I doubt it due to some politics there, but we shall see. I am expecting a Duck Hunt trailer either tomorrow or around the launch of the Wii U version, and of course, Jigglypuff's official reveal on the Smash Bros. website.

Last edited:

the8thark

Smash Lord
I mean, we just had a Smash-specific direct, do we really need more info?
Nintendo needs to milk the **** out of Smash. Id did that for 3DS and now it's the WiiU's turn. Nintendo need the money from all the Smash WiiU sales. In December Nintendo can start to advertise other upcoming games too.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Duck Hunt would never be in Smash

He is too obscure

Khao

Smash Lord
Nintendo needs to milk the **** out of Smash. Id did that for 3DS and now it's the WiiU's turn. Nintendo need the money from all the Smash WiiU sales. In December Nintendo can start to advertise other upcoming games too.
They already have, that's the point. We just got a direct focusing one Smash's new exciting features exclusively. We know everything about this game. Is it really needed to announce something we already know about in the direct when they could be focusing on actual news? The Smash direct already did the job to hype this game up. If anything, this is the perfect moment to finally let other games have their chance to shine.

ShrekItRalph

Smash Ace
The smasher comes from the bottom of the arena
I guess we could get the announcement of a Smash WiiU demo, and also DHD, but I doubt there will be any megatons for Smash.

Outside of Smash I think we will get:
Mario Kart 8 DLC date
Hyrule Warriors DLC info
Captain Toad stuff
Sonic Boom info (Oh boy...)
Watchdogs Wii U version (Yes this is still a thing, and yes no one cares)
Pokemon ORAS Stuff

Yoshi WW info
Mario Maker info
Splatoon (at least there better be Nintendo)
Xenoblade X things (or Xenoblade 3ds things)
Clay Kirby

Beyond that, here is what I would like to see but isn't likely:
Zelda U info (not expecting anything till e3)
Starfox U (I can't let you show that Iwata)
The Great Ace Attorney Localisation (plz Capcpom)
SMT vs FE (Laughs)
Kid Icarus Uprising U

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think Ice Climbers is going to be the next DLC

RodNutTakin

Smash Ace
What I expect
Mario stuff
Kirby Rainbow Curse
Wooly World
Captain Toad
Nintendo 64 on Virtual Console
Duck Hunt's Trailer

What I Want
More ORAS info
NES Remix 3/SNES Remix
Another SSB DLC
Uhh...Sega Saturn on virtual console? (pls miyamoto)

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The next DLC will also magically improve the hardware specs of the old 3DS as well so IC works on it?
They never said it's impossible for the ice climbers to work

They just gave them low priority which means they didn't spend too much time trying to figure it out

Now that the game is released they have the time to figure it out

the8thark

Smash Lord
What I expect
Mario stuff
Kirby Rainbow Curse
Wooly World
Captain Toad
Nintendo 64 on Virtual Console
Duck Hunt's Trailer

What I Want
More ORAS info
NES Remix 3/SNES Remix
Another SSB DLC
Uhh...Sega Saturn on virtual console? (pls miyamoto)
Totally off topic, but I've never seen anyone use a Monster Party screenshot as a signature before (as you do now). That old game is pretty good actually, even if the game is so cruel on the 2nd last stage.

Maybe as exclusive to Wii U.

Which frankly i wouldn't be against.
Only if sakurai goes against his same roster for both versions word.

As for the Tecmo Koei thing: it could mean we are getting Hyrule Warriors news (most likely DLC, maybe amiibo compatibility)
The Link Amiibo has already been confirmed to work with Hyrule Warriors in the future. How, we do not know yet. And they have to tell us, this month's DLC date sometime soon.

Last edited:

Farrac

Smash Apprentice
Or even the Wii U.... remember... 8 player Smash.
They did say that they were working fine in the Wii U version though.

As for the Tecmo Koei thing: it could mean we are getting Hyrule Warriors news (most likely DLC, maybe amiibo compatibility)

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Totally off topic, but I've never seen anyone use a Monster Party screenshot as a signature before (as you do now). That old game is pretty good actually, even if the came is so cruel on the 2nd last stage.

Only if sakurai goes against his same roster for both versions word.

The Link Amiibo has already been confirmed to work with Hyrule Warriors in the future. How, we do not know yet. And they have to tell us, this month's DLC date sometime soon.
Hopefully he realizes that the 3ds version was a waste of time and uses his time for the better version.

TheRealLegit StevenSeagal

Smash Apprentice
Right so for Europeans what time would that be??

Not that i don't know.. cause i am Steven Seagal an Americna, just asking for all the euros.

tomorrow at 11 then, thanks google >:@

Last edited:

aethermaster

Smash Ace
NNID
Aethermaster
3DS FC
2552-2699-1664
Here's hoping to Xenoblade Chronicles X, Star Fox, maybe something on Zelda (along with Capt Toad, MK8 DLC, Yoshi and Smash of course)

Or *GASP* Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem. That'd be a wild card.

Nabbitnator

Smash Ace
NNID
Nabbitz
I want them to explain about kirby, captain falcon, samus and fox in mk8... must mean we have a crap load of new stages.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Speaking of Splatoon, people already made a forum for the game:
http://squidboards.freeforums.net/

Thank you for your post. You have missed a date.
Smash Bros WiiU - 29/11/2014 Australian release date. One day after the EU release. But factor in time zones, it's only a few hours difference. But I feel it should be mentioned there as well, 29th for Australia.

Also I think MK8 and HW DLC information is very likely to be said. Because of what I said above about Koei Tecmo retweeting the NoA tweet. And because the HW November pack has had no information about it yet.

Also there could be information for the NA and EU release of the New Nintendo 3DS.
That's cool, it's most likely HW info.

Khao

Smash Lord
8x Ice Climbers is bad but 8x Olimar each with a full set of pikmin is ok?
Please explain.
The Pikmin are pretty much just animated projectiles that follow you around, and are extremely low-poly and undetailed. They're nowhere even close to the complexity of a full-on extra character with complex AI.

I doubt the Wii U couldn't handle them (though I wouldn't be at all surprised at some framerate loss in 8-Player matches) but they are far more complex than Olimar could ever be. Or Rosalina for that matter. They're literally two characters in one, while those other two just have some props that are a bit more complex than usual.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
We will see soon enough Remember Sakurai brought it up.
if so I'd hope for UX, but would be content with GX HD (or GameCube VC in general). When the GC adapters were announced one of the first things I thought of was the use of analog triggers and therefore games that use said triggers.

Mario Sunshine HD would be hella too jus sayin

As for the direct itself. I'm expecting a Duck Hunt trailer, SMTx FE info, Xenoblade Chronicles X info, and more stuff on Amiibos. Some Star Fox U info would be nice too

(also kinda hoping for Fatal Frame V North America confirmation. NA was shafted for FF2 Wii.)

Last edited:

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Hoping for Mario Kart and Hyrule Warriors DLC news.

I also want to now how the Amiibos that work with Smash and another game work.

Last edited:

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
We will see soon enough Remember Sakurai brought it up.
The direct is about upcoming games up until Spring 2015, don't think we'll get any new megaton game announcements there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom