• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico Thread LIKE THE DESERTS MISS THE RAIN

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
it only works if your opponent has really crappy DI.(the ness bair) While fox falls faster than falco.

I agree with Interim...?!?!?!?!?!

So Interim, are you saying that there won't be anymore tournaments in Colorado as big as this one? Because that would really suck...What I meant was if you guys ever hold one like this one again, then please invite us.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Not as big as this. Taj is coming for sure, HonorBound's almost a definate, UT's going to show up with some of their best, we're hoping for some love from SoCal and OK, and then there's all the Colorado Smashers. I'm trying to make this as big as possible, so we get hella experience for OC2.

Marth-3P0

Smash Rookie
What's up, all? Just popping in to say hi and all that jazz. Seeing as how I don't post very often.

It's true, Ness can pull some mad combos on Marth. His Bair is alright, sometimes it's a pain in the ***. I'll probably go play around with Ness in a bit to get a better feel for his hitbox. I used to play as him a lot(especially in the 64 days), but I lost interest in him eventually, partially because of how much they nerfed him in melee. :ohwell:

BTW, how did you guys get those awesome banners for your sigs? Someone who makes them, methinks? Me gusta mucho.

Sinz is a beast. He can make you one if you want him to.

Well Interim, that sounds like a pretty big tourney. I might be able to make it to OC2, but I doubt it. I am desperately hoping thouhg, otherwise I'll have to wait about another year and a half before I can make it to any of these tournaments.

My point over the last few posts is: You guys don't think you'll ever have another tournament this big, like...EVER?!? Not in 5 years, or even ten???????????????????????

Marth-3P0

Smash Rookie
Ah, thus I see, Sinz. Cool, I'll post in your current banner shop when I decide what I would like.

On a secondary note: I can't even travel to AZ to visit my family because I work 50 hours a week. For a tourney even here in Albuquerque I have to request the day off 2 weeks in advance usually. I couldn't hope to go a a touney anywhere else. It sucks, but I suppose I'll have to live with it. But, I'll keep myself posted on local ones at least, for great justice. Now time to play some FFX! :lick:

BlueMycon

Smash Apprentice
Hey, I was wondering if there were any videos of New Mexico players cause I've never gotten to see you guys since I wasn't able to make it out to that tournament this past June with Textbook... You guys should really try to come to the Summer Struggle if you can, it's gonna be a great tournament with several players from AZ and other places too.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
New siggy! I tried new shiney effekts!(it is spelled like that on purpose)

Nice sig.

Yea, there are some vids of us'n New Mexican's Blue Mycon. If you want any of them, you'll have to wait for a week or two, me and Sinz just did some matches yesterday. We need to get some of Alphabravo too, but once we get him and get them posted, I'll send you a PM.

...What do you do for a job 3-PO?? That's a LOT of time. Does it pay well? I'd imagine so.

What are the exact dates for CSS again? Need to check my schedule.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Blue, I found an old tape of us about 2-3 months ago. I gave it to Erich to give to AB since I am going out of town

EDIT:NEW SIGGY
EDIT:NEWER SIGGY
EDIT:NEWERER SIGGY
EDIT:NEWERERERER SIGGY
EDIT:NEWERERERERR SIGGY
EDIT: SIGGY HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...Too many...

I can't go to CSS. I gots a church activity then...Ah...

Blue Mycon, will you guys ever hold another CSS?

Just so ya know, NM's been LOOOOOONNG bereft of any skill, and it's only been recently since any skill whatsoever was introduced, so it may take a while yet for NM to show up at any competitive tourneys. Trust me, we're trying...

Possibly, probably not though, because we start school on the tenth of August...And OC2's after that, isn't not? Not sure of its date. We're all kind of young too...I'm fifteen, ZMan's...uh...13-14, and Sinz is going to be sixteen in a few days. Alphabravo's going to be sixteen sometime later this year as well. Sinz can drive, and I don't know about Alphabravo, but yea, that's part of the reason which makes it so hard to go to these tourneys...

You mentioned that twice...whatever...

I think that you guys can't expect too much competition from NM for a few more years, we'll try to be there, but we probably won't be able to attend very many, but hey, at least you guys can expect to see us sometime, right??? Ehehehe...

...Fuzzy pickles?!?

Yea, I wish I could to. But you're right on one point ZMan, one day NM WILL rise. I guarantee it you guys, you wait around a few more years and NM will be right up there with the best of 'em. Just wait until we're older. Just because me and Sinz are Mormon doesn't mean anything. We can still travel and go to tourneys, and you watch, when we're older, we will!!

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
Fuzzy pickles = Earthbound reference

But when you guys go to big tournies you gotta bring me along to. Please? ^.^

BTW, Salty has a message to Sinz:

[Salty]Yeah right Sinz, all you do is spam the shine because you can't doanything else.[/Salty]

I smell a Salty vs. Sinz mm

I can't...it's during YC...same with Sinz, and ZMan's too young.

UNLESS, of course, you hold the tournament from midnight to 5 AM, and I can figure out some mode of travel from CO to NM is less than an hour...and have the money to pay for it...ehehe. Sorry to disappoint you interim, but I don't think NM will be attending. Like I said, you'll just have to wait. We're not old enough yet, and believe me, I've been waiting for about a year now, and that's plenty long enough, but I gotta wait a whole 'nother 2 years or so...Maybe is SSBB is competitive enough to hold tournaments, I'll enter those on Wi-Fi until I'm old enough to travel places. Maybe next time, ja?

Top Bottom