• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Jersey Player Finder: NO!!! UPDATED 3/8

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbad10986

Smash Rookie
runaway, whats your name cuz im from maplewood too. ill money match anybody or join a tourny anywehre in NJ for n64 smash. bottomline.

runaway_mario

Smash Apprentice
bigbad10986 said:
runaway, whats your name cuz im from maplewood too. ill money match anybody or join a tourny anywehre in NJ for n64 smash. bottomline.
srry man id be more than happy to play u but i dont play smash 64, jus the one on gamecube. but my name is brandon by the way. i know another guy on the bords that is in livingston, thats not tto far, u could probably hook up wit him. yellow thunder i think is his name

AlexanderTriad

Smash Ace
I am from Atco, NJ Camden County.. My crew is all from Camden county. You can message us on Myspace too, the link is at the bottom. I'll set anything up, my AIM SN: GoodOlJamesMcHen

-AxlT

bigbad10986

Smash Rookie
runaway_mario said:
wat part of maplewood, cause i live on the so/ maplewood border, u go to columbia?

that's 4 the bigbad guy, n livingston's not that far yellow thunder, maybe we could smash sometime

im near the border too. i live off ridgewood in maplewood. yeah i went to columbia.

Master Chibi

Smash Cadet
I'm absurdly new to the scene (along with my friend), but I live in Hackensack (Bergen County). He lives in Maywood, like two blocks away from me.

If you know where the Garden State Plaza Mall is, then I'm in that general area (five minute drive away).

Please, if anyone wants to get together and teach us a thing or two about the game let us know.

We also play EVERYTHING ELSE under the sun. MvC2, CvS2, KoF, GG#R, MBR, EFZ, you name it.

;D

Master Chibi

Smash Cadet
Well you can stay the night if you'd like one of these days, or we'll stop on by your place if coming up here would be a problem.

No tournaments for us just yet, we're both casual players of the N64 version, but my friend just got the game yesterday so we definitely need to get a few gatherings under our belt before we even bother to test the waters, so to speak.

Still, it's great to already know someone in the scene, I really look foward to playing you.

^_^

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=63526

Considering that you're already very close to this tournament's location, you should hit it up anyway if you happen to be free tomorrow. Whether or not you pay the entry fees is up to you, but free play and spectating is allowed. There's also the fact that I won't be that far upstate again for a while, so...

Master Chibi

Smash Cadet
I know of KOTC and it's previous SSBM shindigs, but I can't attend the one tommorow as I already have another tournament to attend, haha. I'll try and come to one of these sooner or later, count on it.

;D

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
i wus supposed to go to da kotc but i gotta work... but my friends are goin to play halo... look out for S3R3N4D3 P3PP3RC4T and HighDistortion ... Sery is a good smash player but he's better in halo... guna take one home for Linden... I heard dat guy Wes is guna b there... i seen a couple vids of him... but if any1 can get in the Roselle, Elizabeth or Linden area anywhere close to there let me kno so we can play we're tryin to get better
-Respect My Game-

MasterRaichu

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EddieJ86
3DS FC
2337-4950-9512
MasterRaichu (Ed Coyle)
KNPMASTER (Gary Gasko)

Cinnaminson, NJ, Burlington County

We also play with Ryoko... A GOOD MAN that Ryoko :psycho:

erdrick9024

Smash Cadet
Master Chibi said:
I live in Hackensack (Bergen County). He lives in Maywood, like two blocks away from me.
Woo, Maywood! >_>

I might be able to do something over spring break, whenever the hell that is...

On another note, the Underground Gaming Society of Rutgers NB is supposed to have a game-fest on April 21st, complete with SSBM event. Somethin' to look out for, I guess.

Gregory2590

Smash Journeyman
NNID
phireblast
Lol well actually we wouldn't be able to play my parents wouldn't allow it D: but I do have MSN.

Master Chibi

Smash Cadet
Pysko, DizzletheBeast, you guys want to get together? Are you near Garden State Plaza? How's this Saturday sound?

Let's get something going.

:D

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm fairly positive that it will be a while before I can go to the NYC area again. :/

And for the record, I don't go crazy to play smash anymore, but I still play when asked. This is my game now:

No joke.

Foxpower+

Smash Lord
I am a Fox/Samus/Ness/Luigi, I am pretty decent at Luigi and Ness, good with Samus, but great with Fox. I live In a small town called West Milford, Passaic county. If you are near me let me know if you want to do a match.

PS. I have my own SSBM clan so if you want to play clan rep let me know.

Master Chibi

Smash Cadet
Hey Fox, care to meet up this Saturday?

I'd love to see what a great Fox player can do, even though I'm still new to the game and all.

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
You're on, LK.
Everyone else be nice to Master Chibi's Peach.

* Oh, and LK, I'd advise training on VHard level on the American Tetris Attack, also. The AI between the 2 versions is quite different.

Master Chibi

Smash Cadet
So it's basically Tetris Attack?

And I've only been playing Smash seriously for a week now so yeah, advice would be absurdly appreciated.

:O

Master Chibi

Smash Cadet
Do a tournament or enter a tournament?

I just want tips on what not to do really, or what I should do more of, against certain characters, that type of thing.

Foxpower+

Smash Lord
Well then try the Char. Spefic and Melee Discussion. And you have to learn what to do, practice, then develop muscle-memory, any good smasher will tell you that. Its more important to learn yourself to play smash than it is for someone to teach you, you have to learn and practice at your own pace.

Ps. I wouldn't try any advanced tactics until you get the coordination and basics down.

EDIT: Still want to do that Smash Meeting Saturday? Pm me if your interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom