• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New discovery: Infinite jumping with most characters! (STOP POSTING, USE NEW THREAD)

Makkun

Smash Journeyman
I didn't think about airdodges... O: I'll try it too. I should probably try specials too. :/

I'll be back in about 30 minutes.

Ekaru

Smash Apprentice
You can do it with some B attacks it seems!

I was Wolf. Did a jump, than a double jump, than neutral B so it ended near the ground, then right before it ended, I pressed the jump button. I then SJR'd. I'll try it again to confirm it.

EDIT: I did it a few more times. The timing's really, REALLY easy for it now. Yep, no land clouds and stuff, and I did it without touching the ground. Certain B moves for the initial SJR... CONFIRMED!

...now to find out which ones can be ISJR'd... Oh boy.

WAIT, maybe not. I'm not sure. Testing still.

noodles

Smash Champion
i could do it with bowser over b but nothing else can someone give me a simpler explanation?

Makkun

Smash Journeyman
You can do it with some B attacks it seems!

I was Wolf. Did a jump, than a double jump, than neutral B so it ended near the ground, then right before it ended, I pressed the jump button. I then SJR'd. I'll try it again to confirm it.

EDIT: I did it a few more times. The timing's really, REALLY easy for it now. Yep, no land clouds and stuff, and I did it without touching the ground. Certain B moves for the initial SJR... CONFIRMED!

...now to find out which ones can be ISJR'd... Oh boy.
Yeah the only one I tried was Falco's laser but I couldn't get it. Could you try it? It might be selective for special moves.

Ekaru

Smash Apprentice
Yeah the only one I tried was Falco's laser but I couldn't get it. Could you try it? It might be selective for special moves.
I wasn't sure, actually. I'll try. >.>; I was like 'wait, I can't remember if I was mashing or not'. So I'm checking again and will check Falco too. XP

EDIT: Even if it's possible, which I have no clue at this point, it wouldn't be worth it except for a few special moves, so... I'm not gonna bother anymore. I think I did it with one tap the first time, but I'm not sure, so everyone, bring your hopes back down please.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
I think that we should all start trying to think of ways to apply this tactically. I would hate to see everyone getting their hopes up about this technique and then it turns out to not be as practical as we'd all hoped...

then again, the same could probably have been said about Wavedash.

Oh, and it looks like the scrubs have a new exploit to complain about.

Makkun

Smash Journeyman
I wasn't sure, actually. I'll try. >.>; I was like 'wait, I can't remember if I was mashing or not'. So I'm checking again and will check Falco too. XP

EDIT: Even if it's possible, which I have no clue at this point, it wouldn't be worth it except for a few special moves, so... I'm not gonna bother anymore. I think I did it with one tap the first time, but I'm not sure, so everyone, bring your hopes back down please.
Alright. I guess that's a disappointment. XD

This list I'm working on is very... inaccurate. @__o There are a lot of "Most likely ISJRable"s and a lot of "I have no idea if this is ISJRable or not"s

Edit: @Nessbounder: Well... even if it doesn't turn out to be practical, it's still a lot of information that will be coming in. XD And that's always good. Maybe this will be able to branch into canceling into other types of moves.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
I think that we should all start trying to think of ways to apply this tactically. I would hate to see everyone getting their hopes up about this technique and then it turns out to not be as practical as we'd all hoped...

then again, the same could probably have been said about Wavedash.

Oh, and it looks like the scrubs have a new exploit to complain about.
Well, we can get into the applications later. We should really find out how to do this consistently, if its viable, and possibilities with it. The more we learn, the more applications we can come up with.

Alright. I guess that's a disappointment. XD

This list I'm working on is very... inaccurate. @__o There are a lot of "Most likely ISJRable"s and a lot of "I have no idea if this is ISJRable or not"s
Makkun, you're putting a crapload of time and effort into this, especially given how difficult it is, but is there an easier way to test this? In theory, everything that can be autocanceled can be used to ISJR, so you already have those. And also, an aerial that can be used to ISJR (is that what we're calling it now?) would have to be able to be buffered after its used sometime in the length of the second jump. So maybe you can just double tap the jump button (so fast that you should see the second jump rings appear beneath the character immediatly), use the attack ASAP, then buffer an airdodge or another attack afterwards. If you can buffer something in before you hit the ground, then its possible to ISJR. If you can't, well, it may still be theoretically possible to ISJR, but the timing could be very strict (i.e. I'm pretty sure Snake's Nair can ISJR, simply because if you double tap the jump, it autocancels, but I don't think you can buffer another attack before you land). This should be a quicker way to define the easiest things to ISJR, although not everything. I commend the work that you're doing, though. Its really frustrating.

Makkun

Smash Journeyman
Well, we can get into the applications later. We should really find out how to do this consistently, if its viable, and possibilities with it. The more we learn, the more applications we can come up with.

Makkun, you're putting a crapload of time and effort into this, especially given how difficult it is, but is there an easier way to test this? In theory, everything that can be autocanceled can be used to ISJR, so you already have those. And also, an aerial that can be used to ISJR (is that what we're calling it now?) would have to be able to be buffered after its used sometime in the length of the second jump. So maybe you can just double tap the jump button (so fast that you should see the second jump rings appear beneath the character immediatly), use the attack ASAP, then buffer an airdodge or another attack afterwards. If you can buffer something in before you hit the ground, then its possible to ISJR. If you can't, well, it may still be theoretically possible to ISJR, but the timing could be very strict (i.e. I'm pretty sure Snake's Nair can ISJR, simply because if you double tap the jump, it autocancels, but I don't think you can buffer another attack before you land). This should be a quicker way to define the easiest things to ISJR, although not everything. I commend the work that you're doing, though. Its really frustrating.
I don't think that if it's autocancelable that means it's necessarily it can be ISJR'd. We know that everything can be SJR'd. But ISJR'd aerials have to be finished faster than the duration of a character's second jump, whereas autocancelable aerials can be used in conjunction with the first jump.

That's a great idea, testing ISJRablility by buffering airdodges. I mean, it's not 100% accurate, but it would be a good thing to base some sort of list on.

I wonder if SJRing can be made easier by maybe linking an airdodge to a buffered jump somehow? @__@ Maybe there's a weird button combo that would allow "auto" SJRing.

I know what I'm doing seems kinda pointless. XD But in all honesty I really just had all day to do nothing, so I figured I might as well attempt to help the Smash community. :D

Ekaru

Smash Apprentice
Summary time!

Summary:

1. SJR is done by timing an aerial so it ends a certain amount of time before it hits the ground, then buffering a jump at the end of the aerial.

2. When done correctly, the # of air jumps left counter is reset, and one is taken away for the SJR.

3. ISJR is performed by doing a SJR out of the double jump of the pervious SJR, and can be done continiously.

4. SJR can be done with any more, but ISJR can only be done with certain moves.

5. An example of an ISJR is Charizard's uair, and is probably one of the easiest to learn. Charizard can also do it with his fair and bair, not sure about nair.

6. Some characters have a long enough double jump that they can do ANY aerial for a ISJR. Yoshi is an example of this.

7. Apparently can't be done with specials or air dodges.

8. This move requires practice to do consistently.

9. If you whine about someone ISJRing in a match against you because they beat you, I'll blow your house up. EDIT: With you in it.

10. Out of a SJR/ISJR, you can choose to air dodge, land, do a special, or use another air jump if you have one. You do NOT have to continue the ISJR.

11. In order for a move to be ISJRable, it must be at least one frame less than the amount of time the character is in the air after a SJR.

- Credit for much of this goes to Makkun.

Makkun

Smash Journeyman
Thank you very much. OOO: That pretty much sums it up. XDD

Almost halfway done with this list. @__@ I'm not sure how accurate it is, but it will do. I'm just seeing if an airdodge is bufferable after an immediately double-jumped aerial.

Edit: Just to clarify, it's safe to say that every character with multi-jumps can ISJR every one of their aerials, correct?

Gazebo

Smash Rookie
Thank you very much. OOO: That pretty much sums it up. XDD

Almost halfway done with this list. @__@ I'm not sure how accurate it is, but it will do. I'm just seeing if an airdodge is bufferable after an immediately double-jumped aerial.

Edit: Just to clarify, it's safe to say that every character with multi-jumps can ISJR every one of their aerials, correct?
It depends. If you do three jumps and then attempt to SJR, would it work? If so, definitely.

Mr.Victory07

Smash Lord
Hey, i dont know if this has actually been mentioned yet, but this was discovered sbout a month ago in the DK forums. We didnt think anyone else could do it, and it was hard so we didnt think much of it, but im able to do about 4 or 5 consistently with a laggy attack(dair), so i think it will be mastered

Makkun

Smash Journeyman
Hey, i dont know if this has actually been mentioned yet, but this was discovered sbout a month ago in the DK forums. We didnt think anyone else could do it, and it was hard so we didnt think much of it, but im able to do about 4 or 5 consistently with a laggy attack(dair), so i think it will be mastered
That's awesome. O: I have high hopes. :D

Btw as I was testing Lucario I had a thought... imagine ISJR'ing his dair floating just above the ground extremely fast. That would be incredible. O:

bigman40

Smash Master
Actually, this can be done airdodging. I did it a while ago, but I never mentioned it. It can't be done with specials though. Eveytime I do it, my character skips the landing animation.

wavelucas

Smash Apprentice
I also put a thread on this, which will probably be outdone by this one because I am a noob. For mine, see why koopa hopping really works

Makkun

Smash Journeyman
Actually, this can be done airdodging. I did it a while ago, but I never mentioned it. It can't be done with specials though. Eveytime I do it, my character skips the landing animation.
Are you sure it can be done with airdodging? Is it done the same way? (the airdodge finishing as you 'would' land)

RolandBeoulve

Smash Apprentice
That's awesome. O: I have high hopes. :D

Btw as I was testing Lucario I had a thought... imagine ISJR'ing his dair floating just above the ground extremely fast. That would be incredible. O:
I don't get a chance to play brawl til tomorrow grrr >.< I want to try this out

Makkun

Smash Journeyman
Hey, i was testing this out with Marth and i was just wondering if it is more useful than the simple SH-fair-fair. Is it harder to escape from or what? Ignore me and my 2 posts if you want to lol, i'm just curious
Well theoretically, this is lagless so therefor it would be better than simply SH-fair-fair... I suppose. I haven't gotten the chance to actually use this in a match though so I really have no idea how practical it really is. I really wish we could get some info from the Back Room. XD

Makkun

Smash Journeyman
Makkun said:
Mario:
Nair - Yes
Fair - No
Dair - Yes
Bair - Yes
Uair - Yes

Luigi:
Nair - Yes
Fair - Yes
Dair - Yes
Bair - Yes
Uair - Yes

Peach:
Nair - No
Fair - No
Dair - No
Bair - No?
Uair - Maybe

Bowser:
Nair - Yes
Fair - Yes
Dair - No
Bair - Maybe
Uair - Yes

D.K.:
Nair - Yes
Fair - No
Dair - Yes
Bair - Yes
Uair - Yes

Diddy:
Nair - Yes
Fair - Yes
Dair - Yes
Bair - Yes
Uair - Yes

Yoshi:
Nair - Yes
Fair - Yes
Dair - Yes
Bair - Yes
Uair - Yes

Wario:
Nair - Maybe
Fair - Yes
Dair - Yes
Bair - Maybe
Uair - Most likely

Link:
Nair - Yes
Fair - No
Dair - No
Bair - Yes
Uair - No

Zelda:
Nair - No
Fair - Yes
Dair - Maybe
Bair - Yes
Uair - No

Sheik:
Nair - Yes
Fair - Yes
Dair - No
Bair - Yes
Uair - Yes

Ganondorf:
Nair - No
Fair - No
Dair - No?
Bair - Yes
Uair - Yes

Toon Link:
Nair - Yes
Fair - Yes
Dair - No
Bair - Yes
Uair - Yes

Samus:
Nair - Yes
Fair - Yes
Dair - Yes
Bair - Yes
Uair - Yes

Zero Suit Samus:
Nair - Yes
Fair - Yes
Dair - No
Bair - Yes
Uair - Yes

Pit:
Nair - Probably not
Fair - Yes
Dair - Yes
Bair - Yes
Uair - Yes

I.C.:
Nair - Yes
Fair - Yes
Dair - No
Bair - Yes
Uair - Yes

R.O.B.:
Nair - Most likely
Fair - Yes
Dair - Most likely
Bair - Yes
Uair - Yes

Kirby:
Nair - Yes
Fair - Yes
Dair - Yes
Bair - Yes
Uair - Yes

Metaknight:
Nair - Yes
Fair - Yes
Dair - Yes
Bair - Yes
Uair - Yes

Dedede:
Nair - Yes
Fair - Yes
Dair - Yes
Bair - Yes
Uair - Yes

Olimar:
Nair - Yes
Fair - Yes
Dair - Yes
Bair - Yes
Uair - Yes

Fox:
Nair - Yes
Fair - Yes
Dair - Yes
Bair - Most likely
Uair - Yes

Falco:
Nair - Yes
Fair - Yes
Dair - Yes
Bair - Yes
Uair - Yes

Wolf:
Nair - Yes
Fair - Yes
Dair - Yes
Bair - Yes
Uair - Yes

Captain Falcon:
Nair - Most likely
Fair - Yes
Dair - Most likely
Bair - Yes
Uair - Yes

Pikachu:
Nair - Yes
Fair - Yes
Dair - Yes
Bair - Yes
Uair - Yes

Squirtle:
Nair - Yes
Fair - Yes
Dair - Yes
Bair - Yes
Uair - Yes

Ivysaur:
Nair - Yes
Fair - Yes
Dair - Most likely
Bair - Yes
Uair - Most likely not

Charizard:
Nair - Yes
Fair - Yes
Dair - Yes
Bair - Yes
Uair - Yes

Lucario:
Nair - Maybe
Fair - Yes
Dair - Most likely
Bair - Yes
Uair - Yes

Jigglypuff:
Nair - Yes
Fair - Yes
Dair - Yes
Bair - Yes
Uair - Yes

Marth:
Nair - Yes
Fair - Yes
Dair - No
Bair - Yes
Uair - Yes

Ike:
Nair - Maybe
Fair - Most likely not
Dair - Maybe
Bair - Most likely
Uair - Maybe

Ness:
Nair - Yes
Fair - Yes
Dair - Yes
Bair - Yes
Uair - Yes

Lucas:
Nair - Yes
Fair - Yes
Dair - Yes
Bair - Yes
Uair - Yes

Mr. G&W:
Nair - Yes
Fair - Yes
Dair - No
Bair - Yes
Uair - Yes

Snake:
Nair - Most likely
Fair - Yes
Dair - Yes
Bair - Yes
Uair - Yes

Sonic:
Nair - Yes
Fair - Yes
Dair - No
Bair - Yes
Uair - Yes
I apologize for the length and the double post, but I finished the list. It should be accurate enough. :p

Edit: @comboking: Sorry, but Ike was the only character I really had a hard time deciding whether or not his aerials are ISJRable. x-x

Ekaru

Smash Apprentice
Nice list. Now we just need a new topic with the list and a summary of what SJR and ISJR are, and we're set. XD

Thanks for the list.

EDIT: and a mention that with Bowser, it's often easier to klaw hop than ISJR. Nice list regardless.

Makkun

Smash Journeyman
you can do it with bowsers back air if you bair as you jump
Thank you. :D

And @comboking: To do this, basically you jump, then double jump (at any time) and do an air attack, but you have to time it so that your air attack ends as you land on the ground. To do the SJR, buffer a jump while your air attack is ending, and if you timed it right (VERY hard), you will do your second jump again without touching the ground (no clouds of dust).

My list shows which air attacks can be Infinitely SJR'd, meaning after you SJR, quickly do the air attack again, and buffer the jump at the end of the air attack like before. Rinse and repeat. (:

It's very hard to do... look at the video on the first page to see an example.

bigman40

Smash Master
Yeah, I'm sure. I actually saw the DJ rings when it happened. I did it with yoshi so if it's done right, then it's noticeable. You have to do it the same way, just know that you can't fast fall it.

Sliq

Smash Master
According to your list on the first page Ganon's fair doesn't work. Is that list just for the infinite or for the single use? I'm so confused right now.

Makkun

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I'm sure. I actually saw the DJ rings when it happened. I did it with yoshi so if it's done right, then it's noticeable. You have to do it the same way, just know that you can't fast fall it.
Okay thanks. O: I'll have to try it.

@comboking: Buffering means pressing another button while another move is ending. The second move you input will come out soon as possible after the first move has finished.

Niko_K

Smash Master
I like how I read this thread and the first thing I thought of was "It probably won't apply to peach." Though I didnt think she would be the ONLY one excluded.

Homo.

Makkun

Smash Journeyman
I like how I read this thread and the first thing I thought of was "It probably won't apply to peach." Though I didnt think she would be the ONLY one excluded.

Homo.
Sorry, her weird second jump and float properties make it really hard to test her aerials properly. I think that her nair and bair MIGHT possibly be able to use this technique, but it would be even more difficult.

Trust me, it upsets me too, I love Peach. ):

Edit: I started the new thread. Here's the link:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=4597110#post4597110

Ekaru

Smash Apprentice
Sorry, her weird second jump and float properties make it really hard to test her aerials properly. I think that her nair and bair MIGHT possibly be able to use this technique, but it would be even more difficult.

Trust me, it upsets me too, I love Peach. ):
I just checked. The c-stick was the only way to do this, and the conclusion is...

Her dair can definately do it. Her uair is a maybe, but leaning towards yes. Bair is probably. Nair is probably. Fair is maybe. So...

Uair: Maybe yes
Nair: Probably
Bair: Probably
Dair: Yes
Fair: Maybe

>.>;

EDIT: For all but the dair and uair, if they work, it's strict timings. So...yeah. I think she can psuedo ISJR by double jumping into her float from a SJR, do an aerial, drop it nicely so it lands with the correct timing, ect. So psuedo ISJR is:

Uair: Yes
Nair: Yes
Bair: Yes
Dair: Yes
Fair: Yes

Top Bottom