• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Characters for Project M Discussion Thread (Voting Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
I dont remember if I only used two of my upvotes for Saki and someone else only, or if I used all of them...
Can someone inform me please?

Sun-Wukong

Smash Journeyman
Full Votes:

King K. Rool
, because Donkey Kong Country is just so good, it really deserves a third rep. Also, the game could always use more villains, and he's one of the best. Also, and I know it would be a lot of extra work, but Kaptain K. Rool and Baron K. Roolenstein alternate costumes would just be tops. On a related note: KAOS assist trophy, maybe?

Ridley, because we only have one Metroid character. I know, Zero Suit Samus has her own slot, and that's cool, but Metroid deserves a bit more. Besides, just look at him. Ridley is fecking cool!

Ganondorf + Black Shadow, because I've always felt like Ganondorf being a clone of Captain Falcon was stupid on a conceptual level, but I enjoy playing as him, and I'd like some F-Zero representation, so this option kills three birds with one stone for me.

Krystal, because I'm a furry I have a unique vision for how she could work as a clone, but not another Fox clone. Hear me out on this. Star Fox Adventures, which is criminally underrated, is basically a Legend of Zelda clone, right? I know you actually play as Fox in that game, but he uses Krystal's staff, so her using it now would make at least as much sense as Ness and Lucas's abundance of PK moves, if not more so. So, Krystal could be a partial clone of Link (or maybe Toon Link, since their body shapes are more similar), with original specials using the staff's upgrade abilities like the fire blaster. You could probably derive those from other characters' moves as well, honestly. For what it's worth, if the offer were on the table, i would totally trade Wolf for Krystal, and I like playing as Wolf so that's saying a lot.

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
Alright, I'm gonna cast a few votes. I can't recall where my previous votes went so if I exceed my limit don't mind taking off a character lower on the list.

1. Ridley (I can't believe I ****ing said this) Full Vote
2. Sami Half A Vote
3Tails Half A Vote

JCOnyx

Smash Ace
NNID
JCOnyx
I dont remember if I only used two of my upvotes for Saki and someone else only, or if I used all of them...
Can someone inform me please?
I tried looking for your votes in our spreadsheet and could not find them for some reason. I tried looking through your post history as well but I didn't have a lot of time and couldn't find them. If I could get some help here from other counters and if you could also search through your posts as well Plate that would be wonderful.

Perhaps it's something simple like we wrote your name wrong in our spreadsheet or something, or we just missed your votes by some off chance.

Shin F.

Smash Master
Hm. Primid seems interesting. But I'm not sure of the moveset...I feel like it would be more neat if more moves were based on the boomerang, instead of being a marioxlink mashup. Would be a fun new style.

Edit: +1 to Primid and Saki, i've forgotten to do this forever
I found these. Whoever was counting around this time probably missed them because it was in paragraph form rather than listed.

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
I found these. Whoever was counting around this time probably missed them because it was in paragraph form rather than listed.
Yeah I was pretty sure I used at least two. I'll re post them to make it more clear
+1 Saki
+1 Primid
+1 Issac (adding this one.)

JCOnyx

Smash Ace
NNID
JCOnyx
Alright, I'm gonna cast a few votes. I can't recall where my previous votes went so if I exceed my limit don't mind taking off a character lower on the list.

1. Ridley (I can't believe I ****ing said this) Full Vote
2. Sami Half A Vote
3Tails Half A Vote
You had 1 full vote left so no problems here. Your full votes are now:

Ridley
Dark Samus
Lyn
Dixie
Pichu

*Looks into the sky*
What...

U think I should re post my Primid Moveset
Whenever you feel the need to post your moveset again, just provide a link to your previous post. That way we don't have repeats of the same moveset spread out throughout the thread.

Also, we had already have a full vote for Primid in our spreadsheet from you as a heads up. I'm going to assume you want to full vote both of them, so I'll mark it as such for now.

Last edited:

cmvnb3

Smash Apprentice
Ok so if I don't want to waste my time with voting then where's the fine line between the shoe-ins and the no-chancers? I'd like to just focus on this area. Oh wait, I'm not suppose to "play the numbers"... Well what am I suppose to be playing then, the "Dumb*** voter that throws their votes away" game?

Last edited:

Super_Primid

Smash Apprentice
Ok I just have to say this can someone PLEASE explain to me how ridley could be added to pm fairly. I mean.... He is giant..... Like rely giant. He held Samus with ONE HAND. So if he was added to PM then he would be op. Unless u give him really bad range but then he would SUCK cause he would be another brawl Ganon but bigger

Alfonzo Bagpipez

Smash Lord
NNID
Futatsu
3DS FC
0920-0032-8454
Ok I just have to say this can someone PLEASE explain to me how ridley could be added to pm fairly. I mean.... He is giant..... Like rely giant. He held Samus with ONE HAND. So if he was added to PM then he would be op. Unless u give him really bad range but then he would SUCK cause he would be another brawl Ganon but bigger
They could always resize him in a reasonable fashion.
Most "giants" in Smash end up being really bad, actually.

Shin F.

Smash Master
They can just resize him like they did Ganondorf. Not like Smash cares about canon, anyways.

Last edited:

Shin F.

Smash Master
That would work if smash didn't already show how big ridley is compared to Samus ( remember that scene from the SSE)
And it showed Bowser together with a lot of characters. Didn't stop PMBR from making him much bigger than he was in vBrawl.

Besides, it showed him closer to gameplay size in a cutscene as well - in Melee. Trust me when I say, I hate Ridley. I find him bland, boring and uninspired. But he can work.

Ninja'd by Alf

Last edited:

Super_Primid

Smash Apprentice
I forget how smart the smash community and PM are. I don't necessarily support Ridley but ig he could work no use trying to argue that

Still not wasting/using a vote on him tho

Also by too big they usually went off his most usual incarnation which was giant. And anyway I have something that may hurt the ridley fans........ What would they do with boss battles.....

Last edited:

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
What would they do with boss battles.....
Nobody would care, since boss battle voice clips are being scrapped for new character voices anyways. Besides. People don't download Project M because of boss battle mode. They download it for the multiplayer gameplay.

Shin F.

Smash Master
Nobody would care, since boss battle voice clips are being scrapped for new character voices anyways. Besides. People don't download Project M because of boss battle mode. They download it for the multiplayer gameplay.
Which is actually a big plus for Ridley - his voice clips already exist, and are in the game.

Super_Primid

Smash Apprentice
Which is actually a big plus for Ridley - his voice clips already exist, and are in the game.
I'm not about to start a while war on something. This u all have perfect points so yes u right i agree. And since to my word I'm not gonna give him a vote but ridley could just be a character i don't play as. Not saying that would happen

Malion

Smash Ace
Ridley seems like a reasonable character if only because he is a consistant Metroid character that isn't Samus. So that is good for him... as for size... just have his entry animation be him eating a poison mushroom. Boom problem solved.

Plus! He has a lot of potential for fun recolours! And alts like Meta Ridley.

Alternatively just give Charizard some really convincing Ridley colours.

Last edited:

MLGF

Smash Lord
True, but have you played SSE on PM? It's possible in 2.0 to 2.6, and maybe earlier.
It's honestly amazing (if only because Falcon feels perfect) and Royluon enhances the experience.

What I'm getting at is that all clone characters should have really weird sound effects and put them on the most unfitting boss possible.

Last edited:

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
True, but have you played SSE on PM?
I wouldn't have been able to make the statement if I didn't.

What I'm getting at is that all clone characters should have really weird sound effects and put them on the most unfitting boss possible.
I'm not really with this idea honestly. Yeah, it is silly. But it hardly seems professional, which is something they always try to be.

MLGF

Smash Lord
If it's inevitable, then they should just make the best of the worst situation.
Just sayin'

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
That reminds me... Ray doesn't have a voice. All of his attack sounds would be supplied by the game as well.

Last edited:

cmvnb3

Smash Apprentice
Ridley is pointless when we already have Charizard, a fire-breathing dragon, which is like Bowser, a fire-breathing turtle. When's the redundant "fire-breathing reptile" going to be enough for you people?
Ridley (Full Downvote)

If you want another reptilian boss so bad then K.Rool's a better way to go imo as he'd have tons of unique moves and none of which would be fire breath.
K.Rool (Full UpVote)

While we're at it, Dark+Samus is clone-tastic and should be a Samus skin at best
Dark Samus (Full Downvote)

I would vote for Space Pirate but it seems like it's not happening.

Also, I think there's too many FE reps so I'm downvoting Lyn since three is more than enough reps and she's pure fanservice poo.
Lyn (Full Downvote)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom