• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Characters for Project M Discussion Thread (Voting Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Assassin2713

Smash Rookie
Up Vote
Paper Mario
KRool
Ganondorf/Black Shadow
Tails

Down Vote
Waluigi
Pichu
Pokemon Trainer
Sami
Lynn
Hector

Just curious, where's Sceptile and Bomberman? Sceptile is popular and has an Trophy in SSBB. Bomberman was mentioned for the Wario/Bomberman game(one of my first 2 handheld games ever lol) on the GameBoy.

Last edited:

Spleenhunter

Smash Cadet
On the topic of voice effects for characters, some characters already have established sounds from their games (Ridley has a ton from Metroid and Smash), but other characters could have more freedom with the voice effects. To my knowledge, Sami didn't have any voices in Advance Wars, so the PMBR would not only have to make the sound files, but come up with what the sounds sound like. And then theres characters like Dark Samus who in her games had a bunch of faint laughs and faint metallic grating that could be implemented in different ways or Lyn whos only existing sounds are from her AT where she mutters something and says "Hyuuuh", so there are a lot of things they would have to create.

So what do you think the new characters should sound like?

Also for those of you who played the Earthbound series: based on what you know of his personality, what do you think Ninten would sound like, compared to Ness and Lucas?

Shin F.

Smash Master
On the topic of voice effects for characters, some characters already have established sounds from their games (Ridley has a ton from Metroid and Smash), but other characters could have more freedom with the voice effects. To my knowledge, Sami didn't have any voices in Advance Wars, so the PMBR would not only have to make the sound files, but come up with what the sounds sound like. And then theres characters like Dark Samus who in her games had a bunch of faint laughs and faint metallic grating that could be implemented in different ways or Lyn whos only existing sounds are from her AT where she mutters something and says "Hyuuuh", so there are a lot of things they would have to create.

So what do you think the new characters should sound like?

Also for those of you who played the Earthbound series: based on what you know of his personality, what do you think Ninten would sound like, compared to Ness and Lucas?
Weelll, Ninten doesn't have much of a personality. He, like Ness, Link, etc, was a silent protagonist.

I imagine his voice as being a bit higher than Ness, but still lower than Lucas.

In any case, though, I figured that they could re-use Ness' old voice from 64 or Melee to make him sound different without having to hire a voice actor.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Weelll, Ninten doesn't have much of a personality. He, like Ness, Link, etc, was a silent protagonist.

I imagine his voice as being a bit higher than Ness, but still lower than Lucas.

In any case, though, I figured that they could re-use Ness' old voice from 64 or Melee to make him sound different without having to hire a voice actor.
He won't have a voice, just a large assortment of painful breaths to choose from.

GOOOOOO ASTHMA!

Shin F.

Smash Master
He won't have a voice, just a large assortment of painful breaths to choose from.

GOOOOOO ASTHMA!
But only when he's around places with exhaust fumes, those are the only times it bothers him. His ROB matchup is gonna be terrible. :p Then you can use his Inhaler taunt to make the sounds go away xD :laugh:

Last edited:

Spleenhunter

Smash Cadet

Hmm ok I guess I was basing my analysis of their personalities (especially Ness) based solely on Smash, where Lucas seems to have stronger psi but is a lot more timid (maybe because hes younger or something). Ness seems to have an air of confidence about him.

But I think for Ninten you could probably alter the pitch and speed of a lot of the moves for Ness/Lucas and it would sound completely different.

Shin F.

Smash Master
Hmm ok I guess I was basing my analysis of their personalities (especially Ness) based solely on Smash, where Lucas seems to have stronger psi but is a lot more timid (maybe because hes younger or something). Ness seems to have an air of confidence about him.

But I think for Ninten you could probably alter the pitch and speed of a lot of the moves for Ness/Lucas and it would sound completely different.
It's ironic, because Ness is probably the most powerful Mother character there is, bar Giygas, but Lucas is much better in Smash.

And yeah, just some altered voice pitch could work.

Since we're on the subject of Ninten, I made these for my own build (as actual imports :p) but I figure I'll share them here. A model, and a few recolors for him. I'll be uploading these to my vault soon enough.

Last edited:

cmvnb3

Smash Apprentice
Lyn is like the least fanservice-y thing FE has ever made
Fact
pffft, she's totally showing too much leg. Women love to show as much skin as possible and it's quite degenerate and leads to increased sexual frustration in men and thus more **** occurs. Is that what you want? Then don't further support this degenerate culture through fanservice girls like Lyn.

Alfonzo Bagpipez

Smash Lord
NNID
Futatsu
3DS FC
0920-0032-8454
pffft, she's totally showing too much leg. Women love to show as much skin as possible and it's quite degenerate and leads to increased sexual frustration in men and thus more **** occurs. Is that what you want? Then don't further support this degenerate culture through fanservice girls like Lyn.
Bruh.
Bruh.
Bruh.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Hahaha. I'm now saving my last up vote for Bomberman. The guy is an icon, been on every Nintendo platform and been in other fighting games, huge moveset potential too :)
Bomberman may appear in the list, but he isint Nintendo owned, so I highly doubt it.

But hey, we could totally turn him into an Olimar clone with bombs instead of Pikmin.

Edit: Guys, chronicle has mention of Kobe in it

Kobe4P:M, dunk all the scrubs

Last edited:

Assassin2713

Smash Rookie
Bomberman may appear in the list, but he isint Nintendo owned, so I highly doubt it.

But hey, we could totally turn him into an Olimar clone with bombs instead of Pikmin.

Edit: Guys, chronicle has mention of Kobe in it

Kobe4P:M, dunk all the scrubs
How bout a Snake clone? It would be more fitting for him I think

TRJV

Smash Journeyman
Last edited:

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
It's ironic, because Ness is probably the most powerful Mother character there is, bar Giygas, but Lucas is much better in Smash.

And yeah, just some altered voice pitch could work.

Since we're on the subject of Ninten, I made these for my own build (as actual imports :p) but I figure I'll share them here. A model, and a few recolors for him. I'll be uploading these to my vault soon enough.
Gosh, I wish these were on my build.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Just curious, where's Sceptile and Bomberman? Sceptile is popular and has an Trophy in SSBB.
As far as Sceptile is concerned, people are mostly against 8 Pokemon eating up the roster. So at this point it is Pichu or bust as far as another Pokemon is concerned.

Bomberman was mentioned for the Wario/Bomberman game(one of my first 2 handheld games ever lol) on the GameBoy.

PMBR PLZ!!!! I BEG OF YOU!!! @Shadic @ Vigilante Vigilante @All PMBR #MyFatherWorksAtNintendo

Last edited:

Vigilante

Smash Lord
I'm tired of all these white people in my smash
Need some african representation
#Kobe4P:M
About that D1's Mii will be replacing Ganondorf because nobody likes him.

Lol Psykid, I just couldn't worm myself out of this one.

Last edited:

Shin F.

Smash Master
Kanye made it in? Excellent. Now all we need is a Will Smith (as Agent J) costume for Snake. His tranq gun will, of course, become the Noisy Cricket I assume?

Last edited:

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Check out this leak list I've been working on guys~ I've been gathering evidence from all the frequent PMBR related stuff.

>Agitha - Confirmed by Vigilante
>Alakadoof - Confirmed by Shadic
>Elesis - Confirmed by Warchamp7
>Slippy - Confirmed by April Fools Trailer 2
>Pichu - Confirmed by April Fools Trailer 1
>Ridley - Confirmed for Too Big

Boy. This roster is shaping up to be weirder than I expected.

MLGF

Smash Lord
Duuuuude, the chronicle has Popeye!

Popeye + 1

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Check out this leak list I've been working on guys~ I've been gathering evidence from all the frequent PMBR related stuff.

>Agitha - Confirmed by Vigilante
>Alakadoof - Confirmed by Shadic
>Elesis - Confirmed by Warchamp7
>Slippy - Confirmed by April Fools Trailer 2
>Pichu - Confirmed by April Fools Trailer 1
>Ridley - Confirmed for Too Big

Boy. This roster is shaping up to be weirder than I expected.
Oh no, arctic's gonna die of sadness because Connor Condor is nowhere to be found

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom