• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Characters for Project M Discussion Thread (Voting Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sensei

Smash Lord
I love this community! We're constantly pushing what we can create and develop in SMASH! I love sword fighters so I'm OK with having a bunch of FE clones or Ganondorf with a sword!

GeZ

Smash Lord
@ GeZ GeZ I summon thee.

Read this and clarify why you feel Blackendorf is bad.
It really doesn't need clarifying. Like, people will agree to disagree here, but I can confirm that the PMBR won't do it. Next time you talk to one ask them about it. It's never been considered because it's just a silly idea. It got made in this thread and it'll die here.

Nothin to talk about.

Edit: Really in general I don't believe this thread holds much, if any, sway. Like, if they're considering 2 characters, and they're both being voted on in here, they'll prioritize the more popular in that instance, but if they don't check here to see who they should put in without first thinking of the implications of that addition. They choose and then check here. Not the reverse.

Last edited:

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
Yes, ganon stays as current ganon, accept or go commit sudoku because itll never change.

JCOnyx

Smash Ace
NNID
JCOnyx
Something tells me that despite what history tells us, when Polls are reset Ninten will receive more support than Masked Man.
Please don't let it be so... I know that Lucas already has a MM alt but I just prefer him to Ninten. Personal preferences aside, I just believe he has so much more potential.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Please don't let it be so... I know that Lucas already has a MM alt but I just prefer him to Ninten. Personal preferences aside, I just believe he has so much more potential.
I like both of them equally.

I'll be sad if Masked Man is suddenly shifted down to no support. Maybe I'll rework my move set as I see where I can get.

Also, in case you don't know. Lucas's Alt isn't actually just supposed to be Masked Man. It's a disguise he wears to look like him in Mother 3, so not exactly Masked Man.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Is shadow Kirby a sticker in brawl?

Because I want a Kirby that actually fights with his copy abilities :I

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
I still remember an idea from a long while back where the PMBR would theoretically introduce Black Shadow with a moveset that invokes Ganondorf's abilities in the Zelda games. That way, players enjoy a new character without upsetting Ganondorf mains, while the rest of us make and download quality Black Shadow skins for Ganondorf on Kitty Corp, and quality Ganondorf skins for the new Black Shadow on Kitty Corp as well. It wouldn't be official, but it'd still feel like a dream come true without upsetting current Ganondorf mains because we still have the moveset we've always wanted. I thought it was a win-win.

Too bad the idea never caught on.

GeZ

Smash Lord
I still remember an idea from a long while back where the PMBR would theoretically introduce Black Shadow with a moveset that invokes Ganondorf's abilities in the Zelda games. That way, players enjoy a new character without upsetting Ganondorf mains, while the rest of us make and download quality Black Shadow skins for Ganondorf on Kitty Corp, and quality Ganondorf skins for the new Black Shadow on Kitty Corp as well. It wouldn't be official, but it'd still feel like a dream come true without upsetting current Ganondorf mains because we still have the moveset we've always wanted. I thought it was a win-win.

Too bad the idea never caught on.
But in the competitive meta, it would make no sense. More canonic Ganondorf moveset on black shadow? It's kind of a dumb idea.

Anti Guy

Couch Tomato
BRoomer
NNID
CouchTomato87
No less dumb than making Ganondorf a Captain Falcon clone in the first place.
Well in a sense it is, because you're compounding one silly creation with that of another. It kinda reminds me of the whole M. Bison and Vega swap in Street Fighter.

ZeruSlayer

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1993-8718-4724
I'm not even going to defend Blackendorf anymore. It feels like I'm putting down ants; after I quell one another appears. At this point I rather this be a moot point; agree to disagree and move on. If I'm sick of it, God knows how everyone else is feeling about this topic

Last edited:

GeZ

Smash Lord
No less dumb than making Ganondorf a Captain Falcon clone in the first place.
But that's where he is now, and has been for literal years. It's definitive now. Only people who don't play Ganondorf think Ganon is done, so argument invalid goodbye.

I'm not even going to defend Blackendorf anymore. It feels like I'm putting down ants; after I quell one another appears. At this point I rather this be a moot point; agree to disagree and move on. If I'm sick of it, God knows how everyone else is feeling about this topic
*Making bad points*
*comparing it to crushing ants*

really hoping i don't get infracted doe. stay away shadic.

Anti Guy

Couch Tomato
BRoomer
NNID
CouchTomato87
But that's where he is now, and has been for literal years. It's definitive now. Only people who don't play Ganondorf think Ganon is done, so argument invalid goodbye.

*Making bad points*

*whistles*

Last edited:

cmvnb3

Smash Apprentice
So is it out of the question to just add an option in the settings where you can set Ganondorf and Black shadow to just switch movesets? Then people that want to keep canondorf can and people that want newdorf can have him and both get black shadow and both still get a new moveset to use for one or the other.

Anti Guy

Couch Tomato
BRoomer
NNID
CouchTomato87
So is it out of the question to just add an option in the settings where you can set Ganondorf and Black shadow to just switch movesets? Then people that want to keep canondorf can and people that want newdorf can have him and both get black shadow and both still get a new moveset to use for one or the other.
No. Any suggestions like these would never happen. It wouldn't be appropriate for tournament play.

cmvnb3

Smash Apprentice
No. Any suggestions like these would never happen. It wouldn't be appropriate for tournament play.
How so? I fail to see the problem in tourney play. Maybe they should have to mention before the match which moveset they're using so there's no confusion, is all.

Friesnchip

Smash Journeyman
Notably, not Knuckles...

Who was in the original leak of the Clone Engine. Not the one with Sami, but the functioning Clone Engine leak from before its official reveal.
Psh. That's because Sonic already has a red recolor for teams, these are just extra costumes.

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
I love this community! We're constantly pushing what we can create and develop in SMASH! I love sword fighters so I'm OK with having a bunch of FE clones or Ganondorf with a sword!
Can I count on you for a vote for Takamaru? :D

ZeruSlayer

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1993-8718-4724
*Making bad points*

Making bad points? As far as I'm concerned with you, your points were "My friend will quit the game if this change happens" and "People like Ganondorf the way he is"

1.Your friend is not the majority (minority, not a valid point)
2.Who are these people? There are those in the forums who have approved of this idea (for), then there are people who didn't mind the change (neutral), then there are those who are passively against it; they rather not have it but if the change happened they still support Project M and will adjust (whatever)...once again the minority

These are new points to the additional points I left for you which are all factual and not opinion-based like yours, so I ask that you go back and reread the points I sent before if you have something to say. If not, walk away from this topic altogether...I'm tired

Anti Guy

Couch Tomato
BRoomer
NNID
CouchTomato87
How so? I fail to see the problem in tourney play. Maybe they should have to mention before the match which moveset they're using so there's no confusion, is all.
1) It's too confusing. Even if you announce it before the match, a lot of gameplay is muscle memory. If you see a character, you expect him to have specific moves.
2) This "setting" is something that would take even more work to do, and might not even be probable. For such a cumbersome and inherently unpopular situation already, they're not going to go out of their way to program something extra.

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
Comparing your opposition to ants automatically assures that you lose an argument

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
I think Ganon's moveset is pretty true to the games

Alot of LoZ's combat is punish based if you think about it, and if you attack at the wrong time you almost always get countered/slapped away.

Isint that what P:M Ganon's game is all about?

Edit: Also, bitchslapping people with Ganon's moves just feels so good, why would you want to take that away from him?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom