• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Characters for Project M Discussion Thread (Voting Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Well, if they decide to go the Pichu route, that still leaves room for Ridley, Dixie and Isaac. Based on what Anti-Guy is saying, another Mother rep is a no-go, and that's fine. Just hoping they do decide on Dixie and Ridley at least, because honestly, the fact that they aren't already in Smash boggles me.

The fifth character will be a nice mystery I guess. That is of course IF Pichu is there.

-Whiplash-

Smash Cadet
NNID
Silva-Silva
3DS FC
4527-7465-9250
oh you so silly, I'm sure the project m team will make Pichu a very viable character to play as you just need hope
Honestly if they make Pichu anything more then the definitive worst character in the game I'll be very disappointed in the PMBR.

PsionicSabreur

Smash Journeyman
Because it isn't a stock icon. It's the stage select screen icon.
:facepalm: Ah, I guess that would explain it.
Well, that does mean Pichu has evidence pointing to actually being considered by the PMBR, which is more than could be said for pretty much any other character at this point, which makes sense, really. I certainly wouldn't be surprised or upset if they wanted to add another Melee vet before moving on to new characters.

Chzrm3

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3926-5442-3703
Oh WOW, that Pichu icon hahahahaha! It's either the PMBR being cheeky or a really good sign. Either way, makes me happy to get that wink. =)

3.0 is amazing and I'm gonna dive right back into it as soon as I post this, but I just wanted to share a pretty interesting quote from a wired article that ran today (sorry if this was already posted, but it's relevant to the Pichu stuff):

"Archer says that after 3.0 there will likely be only one more major release with a few more tweaks before his team considers the project finished for good. It might add even more Nintendo characters to the mix, he says. “If we come up with any good ideas for the remaining unused character slots we will probably be filling at least a few of those up as well.” ( http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2013/12/project-m-super-smash-bros-mod/ )

The way they put that, it seems like they'd like to use a couple of the remaining slots, but the team as a whole doesn't necessarily intend to fill the entire thing. So in that light, doesn't Pichu make tons of sense? He's one of the easiest characters to get in. I can understand people's arguments against him if the PMBR wants to use all 5 slots, but if they're only gonna do as much as they're up for, he becomes a really attractive choice. Easy to get in, has an established moveset, has his fans...

But yeah, I feel kinda weird talking about what's to come when 3.0 is just so amazing. Soooo I'm gonna go play it some more. : >

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
I wanna play 3.0 so bad but I gotta wait til tomorrow ugh. I guess I'll just post here like I normally do until then.
Pichu pichu, slippy's a real *****, Tetra without Telda is lame.

l3thargy

Smash Journeyman
Is this sarcasm because if so the PMBRs are wizards you need to recognize
Oh I recognize the Pmbr can make low tier characters into something great, I'm not gonna disagree there, but do we really want the whole feel of Pichu to change so drastically, to me that's like asking falco, and fox to get massive changes in there movesets just wouldn't feel like melee ya know

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
Oh I recognize the Pmbr can make low tier characters into something great, I'm not gonna disagree there, but do we really want the whole feel of Pichu to change so drastically, to me that's like asking falco, and fox to get massive changes in there movesets just wouldn't feel like melee ya know
I can see where you're coming from, but a lot of characters from Melee have been given touchups to where they feel different but familiar and better than their Melee selves. Tink comes to mind.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord

Pichu's "core" wasn't that he was bad. He was an interesting risk reward character who just happened to be terrabad.

Ragiroth

Smash Cadet
Awwwwww man, I'd like an assist trophy character or Ridley at least. Not Pichu. And I even like Pichu more than Pikachu. =/ Well if he's in, hopefully he's not it.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
And Pichu was still crap regardless, what's your point?

That much like Melee, which was unintentionally casual and competitive, Pichu was unintentionally terrible and also an interesting character. All this said, he's as good as in, so I hardly think it's even on topic to discuss him here anymore.

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
And Pichu was still crap regardless, what's your point?
And Link is always bad and Wolf is too edgy and Jiggs is too girly and Meta Knight is broken and Charizard is overrated and Mewtwo's a clone and Fox because Melee
YET THEY ALL COME TOGETHER IN THIS SMASHING TITLE THAT WE ALL HOLD DEAR TO OUR HEARTS
SO MAYBE FOR ONE DAY
ONE DAY
WE CAN FORGIVE PICHU FOR HIS SHORTCOMINGS LIKE WE DO HIS BROTHERS
HIS SMASH BROTHERS
AND WELCOME THE LITTLE GUY INTO OUR HEARTS
AND THE PM ROSTER
Thank you

l3thargy

Smash Journeyman
That much like Melee, which was unintentionally casual and competitive, Pichu was unintentionally terrible and also an interesting character. All this said, he's as good as in, so I hardly think it's even on topic to discuss him here anymore.
.....except he was intentionally made bad as said by his melee trophy, also pichu wasn't an interesting character he's just a clone of pikachu that hurts itself with it's own attacks, he didn't need to be in any of the smash games to begin with and was only put into melee because he was in the stupid pikachu short from the seecound movie or whatever

-Whiplash-

Smash Cadet
NNID
Silva-Silva
3DS FC
4527-7465-9250
And Link is always bad and Wolf is too edgy and Jiggs is too girly and Meta Knight is broken and Charizard is overrated and Mewtwo's a clone and Fox because Melee
YET THEY ALL COME TOGETHER IN THIS SMASHING TITLE THAT WE ALL HOLD DEAR TO OUR HEARTS
SO MAYBE FOR ONE DAY
ONE DAY
WE CAN FORGIVE PICHU FOR HIS SHORTCOMINGS LIKE WE DO HIS BROTHERS
HIS SMASH BROTHERS
AND WELCOME THE LITTLE GUY INTO OUR HEARTS
AND THE PM ROSTER
Thank you
I'll forgive him for his short comings as long as his shortcoming is that he's the worst damn character in the game.

I would be happy with that. I like that melee had a "Dan" or a "roll"

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
It's hilarious how now that they've realized that Pichu is probably going to be in Project M they're now campaigning for him to be bad. It's like they can't accept being on the losing side so they're trying to take down the fans with them. It's actually a little sad.

-Whiplash-

Smash Cadet
NNID
Silva-Silva
3DS FC
4527-7465-9250
It's hilarious how now that they've realized that Pichu is probably going to be in Project M they're now campaigning for him to be bad. It's like they can't accept being on the losing side so they're trying to take down the fans with them. It's actually a little sad.
I find it hilarious you're trying so hard to make it seems as if I am a "hater" because you read my first post in this topic I was okay with it as long he was the worst character in the game from the start:

Half vote:
Pichu, He's a vet and I think it's be fun. IDK why though, and I wouldn't be mad if he wasen't included, and I hope they don't balance him if he gets in, he needs to be the worst character in the game.
Paper Mario - someone I wanted in brawl and I really like the idea of him being a playabe.
Please pay more attention next time.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
119 pages and making a minor mistake is not paying enough attention. Self indulged much?

-Whiplash-

Smash Cadet
NNID
Silva-Silva
3DS FC
4527-7465-9250
119 pages and making a minor mistake is not paying enough attention. Self indulged much?
It was on the first page. It's not like it was on page 63 or something.

The point wasn't whether or not you were hanging off my every word or not, the point was that you're way to eager to label everyone a "hater" because they don't agree with your (let's be honest) Very debatable opinion on the matter.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
Which makes it even harder to remember, page one was a long time ago. Evidence was presented to indicate Pichu's future inclusion and you jumped to insist that he needs to be terrible. If you don't understand how that could be seen as aggressive by the casual observer then you really need to get a tighter grasp on reality. I'm not eager to label, it's just basic observation. And I never once denied the controversy behind my opinions on Pichu, please pay more attention next time ;)

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Pichu is no fun unless it sucks. Its whole appeal lies in going against the odds. I don't mind Pichu getting in, as long as it still sucks, otherwise it's just a boring Pikachu clone with no real difference.

-Whiplash-

Smash Cadet
NNID
Silva-Silva
3DS FC
4527-7465-9250
I guess. I'll have to agree with you that my behaviour could be construed as Aggressive.

However I stand by my stance of wanting him to be terrible. I like purposely bad characters like Dan, Pichu or Roll, they are fun to play as and you get a sense of accomplishment when you win at them.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
Hey, all's well that ends well. Nothing wrong with differing opinions every now and again, if we all agreed all the time the world would be drab and sucky. I'm just excited that I'll probably be getting my main back eventually and we can stop arguing about Pichu all the time in this thread.

Anti Guy

Couch Tomato
BRoomer
NNID
CouchTomato87
I still think despite the extremely vocal opinion of Pichu fans here, putting in Pichu is not worth the workload on the team, and the amount of hype it'll generate won't be worth the effort either.

Tofer Dallah

Smash Cadet
Omg ! Pichu on demo 3.5 ? Maybe ! Now I can die in peace ! *-*

Demo 3 is amazing ! I love to play Roy and Mewtwo ! *-*

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
Pichu is no fun unless it sucks. Its whole appeal lies in going against the odds. I don't mind Pichu getting in, as long as it still sucks, otherwise it's just a boring Pikachu clone with no real difference.
In Melee, yes, but in PM? We'll have to wait and see.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
In Melee, yes, but in PM? We'll have to wait and see.
I don't see why Pichu should be included unless he's a joke character, otherwise he resembles Pikachu too much in both appearances and his abilities to warrant a slot. He's a pretty obscure Pokémon in general, and Pokémon already has more than plenty of characters, I don't see why that series would need another character unless that specific character does something others can't. Pichu can fill the niche of being an intentionally bad character, something no other character can do without being offending to people that like that character.

If PM wants to make a serious Pikachu clone, then at least make it Raichu, since it'd make sense for it to be more bulky and pack more of a punch but be slower, where as logically Pichu is outclassed by Pikachu in pretty much every aspect. Though I'm not sure if Raichu is included in Brawl in any shape or form.

Either way, that's just my two cents on it. Of course it's all subjective, as with everything regarding the choices of characters for the clone engine.

Chzrm3

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3926-5442-3703
Oh, something occurred to me.

Kirby doesn't have Mewtwo's Shadowball - this is because he couldn't get another artifact.

So does that mean.... Kirby has all the artifacts from his hats stored on him somewhere? O_O

If that's true, Kirby might be the ideal choice for any character with projectiles, because he'd have over a dozen various kinds to work with. However, it's totally possible that you can only access the artifact when under the effect of a hat - but there might be a way to play with that in the coding of a new character, such that doing certain projectiles makes that character think he's using a Kirby hat right now.

I dunno, I might be spouting nonsense, but Kirby just may be the ticket to getting projectile-heavy characters like K. Rool or Isaac into the game.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Sooooo...update the OP?

It`s definitely either a new character or a scrapped new character. It`s in 351 which is always the stock icon for the default costume of a character.

EDIT: This is going to go into the evidence folder, it`s time for me and the PMDGD to scan every inch of 3.0 to find any other surprises

Xaranid

Smash Apprentice
Well I agree that Pichu wouldn't be worth the time it would take to include and balance, but if he's in he's in : P 3.0 is fantastic though, if they include Ridley I will have no reason to switch back to my own set of hacks. (As much as I love the Geno mod I get that he's not eligible...) I love how the new characters have proper sounds and everything, it's very polished.

Chzrm3

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3926-5442-3703
I used to, but I forgot the name! Haha sorry. Why do you ask - do you wanna plan out a clone engine character? : D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom