• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ness's confirmed Move List

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeeDoubleU

Smash Journeyman
Are you sure he said that? I know he says that about DJC, but I can't find anywhere he says anything about the yoyo glitch and I just checked through his posting history for it and didn't find anything all the way back to January 1st about it.

OnYourMark

オンヨマク いつも
Are you sure he said that? I know he says that about DJC, but I can't find anywhere he says anything about the yoyo glitch and I just checked through his posting history for it and didn't find anything all the way back to January 1st about it.
right here bud.

U-smash: A LOT better, more knockback, more damage. I shieldstabbed Bowser and DK with it. Coudn't YYG because the first part had no knockback and was soon followed by the second part.
it could still possibly be in though.

DeeDoubleU

Smash Journeyman
Too bad then. I'm going to miss the expression of pure shock and awe that came from it...

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Your hair will be using Lucas, amirite?

He's the only one in Brawl who's hair can look your hair in the eye and not get pregnant with envy.

sagemoon

Smash Lord
Well I might be using marth. Maybe another character. It all depends on how I feel w/ the characters when the game comes out. I wont be using ness though >_> (I got tired of my hair speaking for me)

Lets just hope for you that ness doesn't get so easily combo'd in this one XD

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Seriously, Lucas will lose. We already know that his PK thunder does less damage per hit, and has low priority as an attack.

This is rigged!

Masky

Smash Master
Masque de Mask is a character in Phoenix Wright 3. I have a feeling I'm just adding to this confusion...

On topic: Anyone noticed how Ness's PK Fire causes him to throw his head backwards? This is kind of like Yoshi's side smash in Melee, so it could possibly be used in the same way as Yoshi's to move out of range for an incoming attack (like Marth's side smash), then hit the opponent if timed correctly.

Also, is there any confirmation that Ness can or can't hang his yo-yo off the edge like he can in Melee? It'd be interesting to see how this would interact with the new form of edge grabbing

maskeXD

Smash Apprentice
Masque de Mask is a character in Phoenix Wright 3. I have a feeling I'm just adding to this confusion...

On topic: Anyone noticed how Ness's PK Fire causes him to throw his head backwards? This is kind of like Yoshi's side smash in Melee, so it could possible be used the same way to move out of range for an incoming attack (like Marth's side smash), then hit them if timed correctly.
OK, Mask of Mask in latin... :psycho:

And I think that's just the weight of his big head.

Aevin

Smash Journeyman
Also, is there any confirmation that Ness can or can't hang his yo-yo off the edge like he can in Melee? It'd be interesting to see how this would interact with the new form of edge grabbing
I was never able to do it, but that doesn't mean it can't be done. I just saw it do the first hit and immediately pull back in.

maskeXD

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone know if Ness' PSI Magnet can absorb some FS like Mario's or Samus'???

AdmantNESS

Smash Ace
So have we discussed the effects of Stale-Move on Negation on Ness yet? That is, how much dmg decreases as you it use an attack repeatedly?

We may have to weave some tilts and jabs in our offense as well as cut back on the constant fairs and bairs I've come to love and save the bat, bair and other KO moves until its time to KO...

Ademisk

Smash Champion
Tilts and jabs are especially important in brawl. Fair into ftilt is a great combo starter. Everyone is going to LOVE this game. It is so great, and so balanced.

Also, I REALLY mean to update the first post, but there's SOOO much information. I'm gonna wait until I have video, and then completely change this thread into the beginning of the ultimate Ness guide.

SK8orDIE

Smash Apprentice
I believe Ness got the best buff of all.
He's the same.
No seriously, that is what most characters are begging for.
Being floaty in Melee, he is the same in Brawl, which=a very quick aerial character.
(dam can't spell air-iel...)
anyway his bair and dairs got a bit faster (which means a lot in the hectic world of Smash)
so his dair is usable again, and his yoyo is a bit stronger.
no nerfs here people, ness is surely seeing high-tier.
Got to play Brawl. Marvin was absolutely right. Ness is about the same mobility wise (and maybe a little better/faster/stronger) which makes him an excellent character this time. Dair drops characters faster, yo-yo has better range and knockback, psi magnet comes out much quicker, and PK Fire comes out fast and is harder to DI out of. PK Fire still angles when done aerially. I didn't DJC, but quickly found that keeping my trajectory while attacking aerially is a good thing.

J Tangle

Smash Cadet
NNID
JTangle
Does anyone know if Ness' Bat has the same reflective properties from Melee

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Stale move negation isn't going to mean much to Ness's Fair. In fact, this move should benifit fom SMN because the decreased knockback will make it easier to combo.

Also, you can recharge your moves quickly by grabbing and pummeling.

NessOnett

Smash Journeyman
Also, you can recharge your moves quickly by grabbing and pummeling.
anyone know how recharge works with PKfire? does each hit count as one more towards recharging other moves? Because i don't think i have to tell any of you how helpful that would be if thats the case.

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
GUYS! i played brawl yesterday!

i didnt get a chance to test anything cause we all just played nonstop 4 player FFAs, but i did play mostly Ness

Here is what I have to report: OMFG PK THUNDER IS ****

seriously...it moves SO FAST that making pinpoint-surgical strikes with PK Thunder 2 is MUCH easier AND there is considerably less lag after using it AND if you hit a wall you bounce off it REALLY far which is great for escape from the little lag you will have.

Also PSI Magnet is a recovery move...yeah unbelievable....we all know it stalls your fall a bit, but if you use it at the top of your double jump right when you should start falling it will stop you from falling but keep you drifting horizontally for a short period of time (iirc about as far as the distance you get from Mario's cape in Melee)

oh and all B moves cancel double jump....and Ness' dair ***** at early percent

sorry i couldnt test anything specific....just got what i could find in free-for-alls

oh and if YYG is in, it not doable in the same way it was in melee because the first hit of the yoyo pulls them into the second hit(which is good for more conventional purposes), but once i get more time to play i'll tray different things

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom