• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ness's confirmed Move List

Status
Not open for further replies.

maskeXD

Smash Apprentice
Sorry about the double posting, my computer just doesn't seem to accept the "edit" button. Sorry.

And Ademisk, I totally agree with you about Lucas' PK Thunder. I'm just trying to state what I analyzed, I mean, I think Ness' PKT2 is better than in Melee. However, about the PSI Magnet, it doesn't really help having a little less leg but having to turn around to do it.

Ademisk, sorry I'm being annoying, I'm just trying to help to make a guide even better than the Melee one.

Ademisk

Smash Champion
You don't have to turn around, you're usually facing your oponnent, and I'm not talking about startup lag, ending lag is what destroyed any use PSI Magnet might've had.

And the Melee guide was beautiful. How did that even come into being? I freaking swear...if I end up with anything even near that level....I'll cry. Seriously.

Ademisk

Smash Champion
Yeah, PSI Magnet's ending lag made it useless in just about every situation. If Lucas's has very little, it could be an extremely powerful weapon.

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
i saw ness use PSI magnet in a SSE vid...

it looks like it comes out REALLY FAST

didnt see the cooldown lag tho...since he tried to absorb an unabsorbable move and thus just got hit

Ademisk

Smash Champion
Could be a good thing. It's annoying trying to absorb Samus's Fully Charged Shot only to get it right in your face before PSI Magnet starts working.

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
also, in another SSE vid i noticed Lucas has super armor during pkthunder2...i like to imagine the same will be true for ness

Also, about Ness pkthunder2 being short....in the vid on the Summit stage he does it short the first time, but then when he uses it to recover its long again....

could it be cancellable somewhere? or perhaps running into soneone with it makes it shorter?

Levitas

the moon
simna, I'm guessing that running into other people will make it shorter. In the SSE video, that seems evident.

As far as the super armor, when does that happen?

Levitas

the moon
We thought that DJC was demonstrated in one of the free for alls located on my video thread. It'll be obvious which one I'm talking about and when the incidence of a possible DJC occurred. So yeah, the answer would have been maybe, if not for AdamantNess's link.

If someone specifically said that there's no DJC, then it was either a sound anomoly of the vid, or the fair just sounds like that now. I'd take his word for it.

magusxx

Smash Rookie
hmmmmm nice ideas should DjC be out for Ness. would be funny if DJ uair travel with them and then bair. or fair them all the way back down. paha, most likely just wishful thinking.

and ness' magnet doesn't deal damage..? i'm only guessing or even mentioning it 'cause lucas' does do some i believe. don't know how pliable that would be though. guess if you're expecting a projectile and still get away with getting some damage off of magnet if they didn't beam you or something.

Levitas

the moon
lol, well spotted magus, I just posted that in another two threads without any knowledge of your post. Sorry for stealing your thunder.

Levitas

the moon
Oh man, now I feel worse...

In any event, does anyone have the game yet? I want to hear some concrete combos.

Like utilt to full jump, DJ uair, DI chase with another Uair at the top of the double jump. If that works, that could be an awesome kill combo. And the fact that you can DI chase with the DJ means it could be really mean.

heypancho

Smash Apprentice
Sorta glad djc is out. Felt like an idiot djc near and off the edge then fail with pkt2 >_>. Plus, I love the.... DJ back onto the edge with dair for ledge guarding idea. I can hear that "PCH" sound of his foot and the inaudible whir of the opponent falling to their death right now *__*

AdmantNESS

Smash Ace
http://youtube.com/watch?v=xmtZm7smCcQ
(00:42)

In that Vid, I saw a CPU Ness do his "Around the World" Up-Smash on Bowser, and he shot from 30% to 47%! Not only did it have multiple hits, it went through Bowser's shield! Could it ignore shields in Melee? It knocked Bowser up pretty darn high. It was also fast. Its definitely safe to say his Yo-Yo has been buffed. I just checked Melee, and his up-smash could only do 8% dmg.

Holy hell...

It definitely Shieldstabbed Bowser, unless he let off of his shield at an ungodly speed.

But the damage and knockback have also been buffed...

Ness looks very interesting this time around...

AdmantNESS

Smash Ace
And we have impressions from dmbrandon, who has the game. He says this about Ness:

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=141632

Ness:
Ness is amazing. His Nair is still prioritastic, although his Bair has been nerfed. (In sweetspot hitbox, and power) His bat's trajectory is almost a straight line, and the yo-yos do actual knockback now! His back throw has been cut down, but the forward throw is better than his melee Bthrow!!! PK Fire does insane damage and can combo into ANYTHING, and PK thunder is a move now! All in all, Ness has gotten waaayyyy better.
Power: 7
Combo ability: 8
Speed: 6
Knockback: 7
Weight: 4
Rating: 7.5/10
Things are looking up!

EToaster

Smash Apprentice
Here's some more impressions from over at Starmen.net on Ness and Lucas.

Ness

Ness, in terms of move animations and such, is unchanged from Melee, with the exception of PK Flash's new look.

In addition to his alt costumes from Melee, Ness also has the black Mr. Saturn shirt, as well as a red and white costume that makes him look like a baseball player.

Ness can no longer double-jump cancel. This closes one of his only combo doors from Melee, but opened quite a few more at the same time. For example, Ness has incredible air priority, so you can pretty much guarantee a recovery from hanging off the edge without having to worry about being knocked off since you can now safely forward-air your opponent that's edge-guarding.

Since his move animations are unchanged, I'll move onto the mechanics of his attacks.

Tilts: Down-tilt is still as spammable as in Melee, and still just as fast. Up-tilt is MUCH quicker.
Smashes: Yo-yo's are now VERY USEFUL. They have a lot more knockback and hit multiple times. Very good improvement. Forward smash is the same, although it makes a completely different sound.
Aerials: Overall, Ness has deadly priority over almost everything else in the game. Forward air has more knockback and is just as spammable. Back air still has the awesome sparkly version, but has a bit less knockback. Up air has a tiny bit less knockback. Down air is the same, in both knockback and timing; however, it NO LONGER SPIKES 100% OF THE TIME. I actually got a side KO with it once.
Grabs/Throws: Didn't actually get to test fully, but overall, they have been weakened from Melee.
B attacks: PK Thunder has a longer tail, and you can do multi-hit tailwhips. It felt a bit harder to control, actually, but it's something you can get used to. It does not send Ness very far at all. It's actually pretty crappy how far it sends him. Definitely less than in Melee. He's very floaty though, so you probably won't have to worry about it. Knockback for PKT2 is about the same. PK Magnet and PK Fire are the exact same. PK Flash is the same, mechanically, but looks completely new.
Misc: PK Starstorm is deadly in free-for-alls. Not so much in 1v1 matches though, as it can be strategically avoided completely. Although it's sort of a combo move: you get hit once, you're probably guaranteed to get hit by two or three more things. His dash attack is a bit slower but definitely has more knockback.

Overall: Ness is, without a doubt, a huge step up from Melee. My only complaint is that he can barely edge-guard. You're really only left with down-tilt, nothing else. Definitely a favourite for me.

http://starmen.net/forum/?t=msg&th=43073

Ademisk

Smash Champion
Wow, they're stupid. Dair isn't a spike in melee. Good news on the Mr. Saturn shirt though. Anyone else with me when I say "OMG WTF OMG WTF OMG WTF OMG YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!"?

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Hey guys! Since Lucas gets super armor frames on his up smash, do you think it might be possible that Ness gets some super armor frames on his Fsmash since it's slower this time?

Levitas

the moon
meh, super armor would be cool, but I'm not particularly hyped about it, unless it's for the PKT, then I'd be thrilled.

Although it would be cool to see him take a falcon puch and then deal the same damage right back to the falcon in question.

NessOnett

Smash Journeyman
And we have impressions from dmbrandon, who has the game. He says this about Ness: "but the forward throw is better than his melee Bthrow!!!"
...is that even possible? If so, a lot of people are going to hate me(im a grab-***** sometimes)

Although it would be cool to see him take a falcon puch and then deal the same damage right back to the falcon in question.
don't we all want to see anyone with invincibility frames take a falcon to the face and be completely unphased?

maskeXD

Smash Apprentice
Here's a story: my friend's cousin came from Japan to visit his grandma here in Brazil. Guess what? He brought his Wii along with his SSBB!!!

Unfortunatly, I couldn't record anything 'cause I was at my friend's and he hadn't anything I could record with (I know, LAAAAAAAME).

I got to play around three hours with Ness and here is what I felt (I said I FELT, so it doesn't mean everything is accurate):

He felt faster, easier to combo and as light as pikachu. No DJC, only shorthops.

AAA: Same as Melee

F-tilt: Same as Melee, but I did't check if it was able to be aimed up or down.

D-tilt: Same as Melee again...

U-tilt: A little faster, same knockback.

Dashing: A little slower, but more knockback.

F-smash: A little better, since it sends in a more horizontal way, however, no cool sound effects:ohwell:.

U-smash: A LOT better, more knockback, more damage. I shieldstabbed Bowser and DK with it. Coudn't YYG because the first part had no knockback and was soon followed by the second part.

D-smash: A LOT better, reminds me of N64 version. Fast and powerful.

N-air: Now remember. Didn't use it... But it's Ness' spin.

F-air: Same as Melee, but more useful without DJC. New and more intuitive combos. A LOT USEFUL for coming back to the arena, since its awesome priority.

B-air: Faster, but less knockback.

U-air: Faster, but less knockback, again.

D-air: A LOT FASTER. Killer. Sometimes sends the oponent in a strange diagonal way.

PK Flash: Lower and Faster. That means less combo, more edgeguarding. Very difficult to follow a pop-up into PK Flash. Blue when explodes, less hitbox.

PK Fire: Even better. Comes out faster and traps more (or LV9 CPs are dumber and don't DI)

PSI Magnet: A little less start up and ending lag. The rest is the same. Could absorb Halberd's beam and Spear Pillar's beam.

PK Thunder: A little faster, longer whip. Seemed harder to control or it was the Nunchuk analog. Now Reverse PK Thunders leave almost no vulnerable frames.

PK Thunder 2: Same range as Melee, more knockback. However, if you hit someone or something, you slow down. That's good and bad. Bad for recoveries. Good for launching from the floor and don't end up helpless out of the stage.

PK Starstorm: Awesome in FFAs, but lame on 1v1. Yes, ness IS able to move during its last 3-6 meteors. A good thing is to use PK Flash, since everybody is worried with the meteors and forget about you. My best score was 4 KOs with it in FFA. Each one was KOed once and then my PK Flash threw metaknight on the last meteor.:laugh:

I tried some combos and none of the ones that relied on DJC worked perfectly. Normal combos such as PK Fire to F-smash worked (DUH!).

Simna's combo is perfectly possible with PKT2 (Didn't try with PK Flash) and it did 56% on Lucas (WTF?!)

Sage's(I think) work well too, but only on really low percentages. (U-air to D-air)

Mine (Yes, I'm claiming it!) worked perfectly. I could KO any character at the start of the battle (OK, he only had Ness, Marth and Luigi unlocked). Here's the deal: Rising F-air, carry down the opponent with F-air, then DJ F-air to D-air out of the arena. I know "It only works if you carry the enemy out of the arena:psycho:", but I could almost cross Final Destination carrying Olimar with this combo. Deadly. And I call it SparkingXD :p

http://www.gamespot.com/video/928518/6185536/videoplayerpop? around 0:32 you can have an idea of SparklingXD (I took the idea from it)

Resuming: Ness is pretty much better, but don't reach N64 Ness. And his new costumes are awesome!!!!!!!!!

PS: Now I'm starting a "Official Ness Combo Thread", all combos proven possible may be posted and the creators will be able to name them. Sage and Simna, I'm waiting for your combo names there.

And I hope all those starting FAQ threads fuse together in the future.

XD

Ademisk

Smash Champion
I didn't suggest an uair to dair combo, that was sage I think.

Also, that's basically what we've managed to assume from videos...cept the YYG which I'm still gonna test on my own.

DeeDoubleU

Smash Journeyman
So yeah... any news on the yoyo glitch? I really hope it stayed, though I know its not the most likely thing in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom