• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ness's confirmed Move List

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnYourMark

オンヨマク いつも
It looks like the PKT Barrier is gone... >.< I had so much fun with that.
and I'm concerned about DJC.
but hooray for the yo-yo and for the pillaring PK Fire!

Levitas

the moon
I want the lag for Pk fire to get reduced by a lot. I'm thinking we should be able to know whether or not this is the case by now.

Ademisk

Smash Champion
Hmmm, double jump into immediate airdodge during the part where Ness is going down at the beginning. Could be a makeshift wavedash. Or rather...Airdodge during the Double jump and then attack for a makeshift DjC at any angle you want.

Snakz

Smash Ace
Check out Ness's Page on the Dojo!

there's detailed info about how he differs from Lucas, it's very useful, it would've taken a while other wise to point it it out in videos.

courte

Smash Lord
todays update is very nice for those of us whom haven't played the game yet

Tanea

Smash Ace
it is great to here also i want to see how his FS will be different in sure thaat there will be some good tech that lucas doesnt have see he is not a clone they just need to do that with wolf and falco cause people are so dumb

AdmantNESS

Smash Ace
Good stuff, we now know the differences in the final smashes, PK Thunders and F-Smashes.

Whatnow88

Smash Rookie
Central California BFC 0516-6973-7296 Up for anyth
Nice

I really am happy with today's announcement not only is it Ness but the fact that people who don't want spoilers can go to the site without the new update being thrown in their face is a nice touch. I also like that Sakurai has broken down the differences between Ness and Lucas. However I think I speak for most people when I say it's slightly disappointing that their moves are at all similar therefor needing the differentiation. The fact that they have a final smash that is the same in name and general concept is yet more unfortunate. I have a feeling that Lucas will end up being a weaker clone of Ness (as was the tendency of clones in melee to have the original or strong one and the clone or weaker remake) Ness would be and is the original ;). So I am both happy with the update and afraid of more clones coming in future updates...:ohwell: Hopefully brawl doesn't become a scene from Clone War's.

DeeDoubleU

Smash Journeyman
I want to know one thing and one thing only right now...

Yo yo glitch. In or out?

Conformal_Invariance

Smash Journeyman
On the border of Westminster and Arvada, CO, in a
Yeah, but Lucas's goes through the opponent. If you had any idea how insanely powerful that is, you'd just quit Ness now probably.
C'mon, think about it.

Sure, but it doesn't give you breathing room because it seems to just shock them there, and you're still in the PK Thunder animation.

Ness will break, pop them up, and be good to go.

Lucas' recovery will fare a little better, though I've never ran into any particularly zealous thunder eaters, so Ness' seems pretty good.

Elaborate some more and let's see what ups and downs we can find!

Ademisk

Smash Champion
Look, it stuns them, his turning radius is MUCH tighter, allowing for insane PK Thunder mindgames. You can't eat his thunder to edgeguard him, and with this he'll be able to edgeguard like a ****ing beast. His ENTIRE PKT IS A TAIL!!!

dan smith

Smash Champion
Lucas' PKT goes slower. Plus, you can always just wack Lucas to kill his recovery instead of just intercepting the PKT. I think Lucas recovery will be a little better. Not too much though.

Conformal_Invariance

Smash Journeyman
On the border of Westminster and Arvada, CO, in a
Look, it stuns them, his turning radius is MUCH tighter, allowing for insane PK Thunder mindgames. You can't eat his thunder to edgeguard him, and with this he'll be able to edgeguard like a ****ing beast. His ENTIRE PKT IS A TAIL!!!
How long does it stun? (I haven't seen it stun yet in the videos I've seen)

Does it even drop the enemy like Ness' did?

Has anyone tried to tailwhip yet?

I think a little more info needs to be taken before we blow Lucas' PK Thunder up to God status, y'know?

Tanea

Smash Ace
im sorry not to sound like a noob but i missed the difference of ness' FS and the one that lucas does

NessOnett

Smash Journeyman
Anybody scared of Simna and Gimpy, now that their char. have received buffs?
weren't we always scared of Gimpy? as for me, i think it'd be fun to go up against Simna(being a Ness main myself), and i can't wait to see what i might be able to learn from him...or...teach him?

maskeXD

Smash Apprentice
Lucas' PK Thunder IS better than Ness', but Ness' PKT2 is more offensive, since Lucas' don't really carry the opponent, and Ness' PK Fire and PSI Magnet are WAY better than Lucas'.

Thake a look at this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HU_AJbx10Q

Here you can see that Ness' PK Starstorm is better than Lucas' since Each of Lucas' meteors do 14%, and Ness', 20%

NessOnett

Smash Journeyman
Lucas' PK Thunder IS better than Ness', but Ness' PKT2 is more offensive, since Lucas' don't really carry the opponent, and Ness' PK Fire and PSI Magnet are WAY better than Lucas'.
I must have missed this, but care to explain about the magnet? I haven't seen any uses of it by Ness or Lucas, so i can't compare at all. Ive been looking but vids have come up short.

Angrylobster

Smash Lord
How long does it stun? (I haven't seen it stun yet in the videos I've seen)

Does it even drop the enemy like Ness' did?

Has anyone tried to tailwhip yet?

I think a little more info needs to be taken before we blow Lucas' PK Thunder up to God status, y'know?
I've seen a few videos where Lucas hits with his pk thunder, and it actually knocks the enemy BACK; so who knows, this might be one of the best ledge guarding tactics in the game. We'll see though

MorpheusVGX

Smash Journeyman
Lucas vs Ness

The differences between Ness and Lucas remind me of Ryu and Ken. Power vs Speed.

Pk Thunder: I think Lucas is better. You can attack multiple enemies with it and then use it to launch yourself. You cannot die when your pk thunder is eaten by another char. Also, why would you need a speedy pk thunder if you have such a long tail and control of it. Luca's pk thunder also looks more stylish.

Pk Thunder 2 (I may call it Pk crusher) : Ness Pk crusher is like Ryu's Hurricane, one hit and it hurts, but guess what? Is also shorter.. and probably, has a longer lag time when missed (I hope not). As Lucas pk crusher hit multiples times (just like Kirby's new dash attack) It probably has almost zero lag time. Why? because otherwhise he will always be hit back when he connects on the ground... Also.. Lucas Pk crusher gets farther, so it is better for recovery.

Pk fire: I do think Ness's flame pillar is more use full, as it stops and annoys enemies. It allows for some nasty combos. It is also better against multiple opponents. Lucas's explosive pk fire may damage them quicker but Ness gives damage and traps them. I think it is better.

Ness's yoyo has been changed. Obviously for the better. I am happy for that.
I can say Lucas has better recover overall, because of his pk thunder an crusher advantages and also for his rope snake that can grab edges. No that directional air dodge is gone, it really pays off.

Pk Startorm: Both seem pretty weak to me. You cannot even attack while the stars are falling. Ness's seem better tough, because of the damage.

Does any of you have a link to a video where I can see Ness using Pk flash in Brawl? I cannot talk about any comparison yet.
Is there any diference on their Psi Magnets?

Levitas

the moon
Yeah, Lucas holds his in front of him. Ness is completely enclosed. Also, the Ness using PK flash is in my thread, it's under Subspace Emmisary gameplay, and it's the only one, so there you go.

Unfortunately, they're all completely uncharged, so whatever.

MorpheusVGX

Smash Journeyman
Speed

Yeap, thank you. I saw it. But it is too uncharged to compare yet. It seems quicker tough. I guess I will be slower and stronger. But yet quicker than it was in Melee. I notice that the game was made slower on movement (as it was in N64) to avoid too much caos, and attacks and speciales were made quicker. The game itself seem to be tuned with that in mind.

Levitas

the moon
I'm guessing that Psi will be a much more usable and relavent style of attack in brawl. However, that doesn't mean that Ness or Lucas will be doing better in terms of tiers.

Disjointed hitboxes are everywhere.

Also, the real question that I have is whether or not Ness and lucas will have mobility advantages and tricks. That could easily determine the difference between usable and bottom tier.

maskeXD

Smash Apprentice
The advantage of Ness' PSI Magnet being enclosed is that he can just press down B to absorb projectiles, instead of turning to the direction of the projectile and pressing down B. Also, Ness can camp in Corneria, along with other strategies.

maskeXD

Smash Apprentice
Dash Attack: Seems to have knockback about similar to Melee. Multiple hits with different types of knockback. Close up hits seem to hit far and away, haven't seen a clean hit with the last hitbox, so can't tell if it does the same popup as Melee.

on http://youtube.com/watch?v=ACMvT0UuJbw you can see around 3:02 that Diddy is popped up by Ness' Dash attack, but it's blocked by the picto fire, there's other video that I saw it too, I'll try to post. It seems to be the same as Melee.

MorpheusVGX

Smash Journeyman
Reaching Energy

The advantage of Ness' PSI Magnet being enclosed is that he can just press down B to absorb projectiles, instead of turning to the direction of the projectile and pressing down B. Also, Ness can camp in Corneria, along with other strategies.
But also, having your psi magnet in front of you is an advantage in some situations. Sometimes, there is something spreading energy and with Ness you need to be almost inside that energy to get it, and you can't get inside without being damaged. I mean, sometimes when the energy is directed towards you, Ness has the advantage, as he doesn't need to turn or can get energy from both sides at the same time. BUT, when there is something like a pokemon, bowser's fire, or Charizard's fire, you can be in a safe position, where it cannot reach you and then you use Lucas's Psi magnet in front of you and then you reach that energy.

Ademisk

Smash Champion
I have so much to say, and so little I want to.

PSI Magnet's strength depends 100% on lag. Whoever has the less lag will have the better magnet. My guess is that Lucas will have less lag, but absorb less %(Ness traditionally does % rounded down X 2).

PK Thunder's damage and knockback isn't what I'm talking about. I'm talking about using it to edgeguard and mindgame opponents, which Lucas's PK Thunder seems perfect for in every way.

Maske, stop double posting.

And something else I probably forgot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom