• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Negative Nancies 2: ACTUAL UPDATE THIS TIME! Assist Trophies taken into account.

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hello, I was seeing some vids about Nintendo charactes figting to SSBB, and i dont know if this was postin before, but here it goes.

Have any chances Beautiful Joe of entering?

I think no, but he has a lot of games in Nintendo, and plus is a good (not very good) franchise. I think he has some posiblities, what do you think? (I read the negative nancys, and I think is okay except the points of gray :S, but i'm not sure)

2.- Can be Banjo-kazoie in?

Banjo Kazoie was a freakly good merchandise in N64 series. Is a retro, and plus has a lot of fans. He has sorta a good repertory of attacks, projectiles, double jumps, and a lot of things like that. What do you think?

And now, I have to opin that Megaman it's a good 3rd party character have a lots of chances to enter.

Well What do you think?
Well, since you asked nicely.

Viewtiful Joe has low chances, just because Clover was absorbed back into Capcom, and because Joe has to compete against every other Capcom property ever. (including Megaman, who is much more recognisable and has bigger chances)

Banjo-Kazooie cannot be in because Rare is now a part of Microsoft. I'm sorry.

Megaman does have good chances indeed.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I think Miyamoto should be a trophy if they still have trophies, along with other famous game desingers and directors who made series that have charcters in the game.

Megaman awsome! Blue Bomber all the way, i put him over Sonic when it comes to 3rd party characters. A kid with a gun, how much more simple and cooler can he get? Maybe even have his sword, but still....Megaman EXE would work too (Megaman 1-8, Megaman Battle Network 1-6). I hope Capcom has Megaman in it, possibly with his energy sword as a attack.

I also hope they have a Golden Sun character, preferably Felix or Issac, because that is one sick series. Plus it might force a sequal. Man, playing as them would own, just as long as they not clones of each other, because they are way diffrent from each other in the series.

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
i would personally like to see some hudson soft characters in brawl, either bomberman or master higgins. i hope megaman doesn't get in over at least one of these characters. plus the sonic and geno fans would kill themselves if geno or sonic didn't make it in, and they look to be a majority. it would be funny though if they did kill themselves over sonic and geno.

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
Paras: Since Paras is of course one of the more useful pokemon, as well as one of the more popular ones, it's really a no brainer. He also has the singular distinction of having better stats than it's evolved form, Parasect.
Way to suck up to a certain moderator.:rolleyes:

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
-------------

There are, of course, a few exceptions to the rules, for instance:

Paras: Since Paras is of course one of the more useful pokemon, as well as one of the more popular ones, it's really a no brainer. He also has the singular distinction of having better stats than it's evolved form, Parasect.

Cubone: The amazingly tragic story of the Cubone rips and tears at the heartstrings of everyone on both coasts. This will earn him a spot, mark my words.

Grimer: Since Grimer is one of the unofficial Mascots of SWF, and Nintendo has begun paying some attention to what the hardcore scene has been saying, they may put in this little guy as an inside draft pick.

Munchlax: Nobody likes Munchlax Even if he is popular. It may sound like they do, but that's just a translation error on Nintando's part. Snorlax was perfect without a pre-evo, and they ruined him. Thanks Gamefreak.

Dragonite: A longshot, but a nice one. Sakurai himself mentioned Dragonite at LEAST 4 times on his poll, as well as mention him somewhere on the official website (I forget where, sorry). Also, it's Miyamoto's favorite pokemon.

----------------
I think Gengar has somewhat good chances, for a first gen anyway

Zeela12

Smash Ace
Yeah, I'm just asking for some opinions, but how about Arthur from Ghosts and Goblins? original NES charater, platformer game and goes very according to the rules (although he doesnt really have any sequals, it's a very popular game none the less)

so, Ideas?

(Not sure if this is posted already, cus I didn't find any about it. sorry if already posted.)

Grimwolf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Grimwolff
Yeah, I'm just asking for some opinions, but how about Arthur from Ghosts and Goblins? original NES charater, platformer game and goes very according to the rules (although he doesnt really have any sequals, it's a very popular game none the less)

so, Ideas?

(Not sure if this is posted already, cus I didn't find any about it. sorry if already posted.)

Actually Ghosts and Goblins was sequeled on ps2 I believe.

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer

so, Ideas?

I happen to think Arthur is a WONDERFUL idea, unfortunately he suffers from Capcom-itis.

Capcom-itis is where a lesser, but undeniably awesome franchise has a chance of being pushed aside in favor of the more well-known characters in the same company stable.

And for the record, G&G had a sequel on the SNES, as well as on some playstation systems, including a remake of G&G 1 on PSP.

And of course, it started out with the Arcade version, but that's not so important.

Also, just to take this opportunity to comment on what we've all been seeing go on on the new Brawl site. If Sakurai says something that seems like it might be relevent to this topic, then feel free to make some suggestions if I haven't cottoned on to something.

Zeela12

Smash Ace
I happen to think Arthur is a WONDERFUL idea, unfortunately he suffers from Capcom-itis.

Capcom-itis is where a lesser, but undeniably awesome franchise has a chance of being pushed aside in favor of the more well-known characters in the same company stable.

And for the record, G&G had a sequel on the SNES, as well as on some playstation systems, including a remake of G&G 1 on PSP.

And of course, it started out with the Arcade version, but that's not so important.

Also, just to take this opportunity to comment on what we've all been seeing go on on the new Brawl site. If Sakurai says something that seems like it might be relevent to this topic, then feel free to make some suggestions if I haven't cottoned on to something.

... wow I never knew that it got sequaled in PS2, I thought there was kind of a sequal called Super Gouls and Ghosts for the SNES, and PS had some kind of collecter series thing for it.

well it was worth a try, Arthur would be a good charater to have though.

SandStorm7

Smash Cadet
What about using your miis in brawl? I was thinking about that just now and I think it is plausible although probably every mii would have the same moveset. It would be really fun to fight with a mii. Like a create your own smasher. I think Nintendo might do that to attract the people who aren't so keen about nintendo characters and play the wii for wii sports. Also I can't stop thinking about Paula from Earthbound. It is very plausible. Ness is most likely going to be in brawl because he was in the other two games and Nintendo doesn't have a history of cutting anyone from smash games. Melee also had a habit of clone characters. Fox, Falco. Although I don't like the idea I know Banjo Kazooie most likely won't be there even though I love the possibility of playing with a jinjo with his taunt being JINJO!!!!!!!!!!! Whenever I think of Paula's moveset I always think of really cool pk moves. PK LOLLIPOP!!!

melee_man

Smash Cadet
Isnt this supposed to be a discussion about the topic's title?
or did I miss something... hmm

Seison

Smash Journeyman
omg this thread has cracked me up more than once (i read it all)

@dotdotdot: the original intent of this thread was a really good one imo. i think you did a nice job. the main thing that I find so hilarious is the thought of Shigeru Miyamoto being a playable character in Brawl. (i'm laughing even as I type this)

as far as Shigs goes, I couldn't be happier than if he was included in Brawl.

need I say more?

Procrasticritter

Smash Journeyman
yeah, that sucks for people who really liked Samurai Goroh...

I'm glad that so far, all of my most wanted newcomers are still in the running and very plausible...

Krystal, Ridley, Wolf, Lucario, Diddy Kong, Olimar, Midna, Dedede

Although, I'm wondering about more of the first party characters from the more obscure franchises; i think some of them would make great brawl characters, most notably,

Ray 01
Little Mac

It happened with Pit, so I don't see any reason to believe that they wouldn't bring back another more obscure first party char.

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
I'd say Ridley is very plausible as an AT. Diddy would make a great character (I have been wanting an IC-like Diddy-Dixie tandem for a LONG time). Dedede would be good too. Midna and Olimar are extremely unlikely and not very reasonable for roster members.

edgeswipe21

Smash Journeyman
pesonally i not in favor of james bond or snake or ne such characters like that. They just aren't animated enough. It throws off the theme.

Sandrock

Smash Rookie
I quote..kinda.

"Foolish fools who thoughts where so foolishly made." Object that!

Case one. Ridley cant be in SSBB.
Ahem...what was the first game that Ridley was in? It was Metriod for the NES. and he was about only a few pixles if any taller than Samus. The next one he was in was about Super Metriod. Again...he was only two "Samus" tall I think. If not three. Now then...haveing a Ridley fight would be easy. He can be fast and he can fly...you weaken his attacks. And think about it for a moment here...whats the strongist attack in the game...or what SHOULD be. Probly anything bowser dose or C-falcon punch. Yet in the first game the strongist attack [in number terms] was Yoshi 36% [just about probly 39 or more] down-in-air kicks. And probly dose the most % damige NOT knock back damige in the game. Thus...you have Ridley as a mid weight...perhaps 4 flying jumps, his attacks being a little weak and shown with more style in mind rather than looking powerful. Its possible for him to be one of those "Helper" items as well since he could be as big as he seems.

Case Two Banjo-Kazooie cant be in the game.
Rare was kinda own by Nintendo...Rare did alot of DK games right. also yes..."Shiggy" or what ever made Donkey Kong first, unless Shiggy had a hand in the SNES look of DK [which he probly did] then it was RAREs doing back then. Also if and ONLY if this info is right he can still be in the game. Heck he can still be in the game even so since its 3rd party. Microsoft bought it off of Nintendo so thats ammo in Nintendo side if they have to ask them. BUT...if a Banjo-Kazooie game was made WHEN RARE was in "X-box" hands...and I think a few were made on GBA then...its possible and more likely. Remember...just because Nintendo sold RARE dose not mean everything they made or done has fallowed.

Anything else? *snaps finger* Then get on with the topic.

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
Dr. Wright added.

For those of you playing at home who picked Dr. Wright as your WTF character, sorry 'bout that.

DJ Napps

Smash Journeyman
Mr. Ressetti would be a PERFECT AT.

Think about it, when activated Mr. R would pop out and begin to lecture endlessly. Victims will be left motionless and bored as Mr. Ressetti talks and talks. Its user is free to roam the stage or attack their opponents.

Maybe the victims percentage will go up slowly?

Since Tom Nook has been basically disconfirmed, Animal Crossing needs a rep. who better than Mr. Ressetti as an AT?

LeadPenguin

Smash Cadet
There was a really good point on the 1up Retronauts podcast a few weeks ago about how Americans have this incessant need to quantify everything, ie make sure we know who the leader is, or who was first at everything, and that's why most video game players think Shigeru Miyamoto is in charge of everything at Nintendo and their brightest, shining star. Whereas in Japan, while he is certainly very respected for all he has accomplished, they tend to think of things more in a group-effort sort of way. Basically, he would way too humble to even allow them to THINK about putting him in the game, and they would never even think about putting someone ahead of everyone else that works at Nintendo in terms of importance.

Yotsuba

Smash Rookie
****.......another Smash Bros. revolution is at hand. Can't wait to master this one and four ways to control the fighting pure genius. Nintendo, ROCK ON

Gannondorf the fifth

Smash Apprentice
I quote..kinda.

"Foolish fools who thoughts where so foolishly made." Object that!

Case one. Ridley cant be in SSBB.
Ahem...what was the first game that Ridley was in? It was Metriod for the NES. and he was about only a few pixles if any taller than Samus. The next one he was in was about Super Metriod. Again...he was only two "Samus" tall I think. If not three. Now then...haveing a Ridley fight would be easy. He can be fast and he can fly...you weaken his attacks. And think about it for a moment here...whats the strongist attack in the game...or what SHOULD be. Probly anything bowser dose or C-falcon punch. Yet in the first game the strongist attack [in number terms] was Yoshi 36% [just about probly 39 or more] down-in-air kicks. And probly dose the most % damige NOT knock back damige in the game. Thus...you have Ridley as a mid weight...perhaps 4 flying jumps, his attacks being a little weak and shown with more style in mind rather than looking powerful. Its possible for him to be one of those "Helper" items as well since he could be as big as he seems.

Case Two Banjo-Kazooie cant be in the game.
Rare was kinda own by Nintendo...Rare did alot of DK games right. also yes..."Shiggy" or what ever made Donkey Kong first, unless Shiggy had a hand in the SNES look of DK [which he probly did] then it was RAREs doing back then. Also if and ONLY if this info is right he can still be in the game. Heck he can still be in the game even so since its 3rd party. Microsoft bought it off of Nintendo so thats ammo in Nintendo side if they have to ask them. BUT...if a Banjo-Kazooie game was made WHEN RARE was in "X-box" hands...and I think a few were made on GBA then...its possible and more likely. Remember...just because Nintendo sold RARE dose not mean everything they made or done has fallowed.

Anything else? *snaps finger* Then get on with the topic.
LoL, at least you killed that ridley idea. I seriously don't want a purple dinosaur in brawl. Seriously people, is it the idea of having something entirely different your objective, or is it perhaps you're hoping to gain some unholy ground with what would either be a mega cheap or a mega weak fighter. Psh. Anyways, when i think of the company "Rare" only game(s) that come to mind are the killer instinct games i grew up with (There's absolutely no way they'd put any of them in, but that'd still be badass). Why isn't anyone mentioning Sora from kingdom hearts? If cloud is just as likely to get into brawl, why wouldn't sora? He's 1. Very unique. 2. very popular 3. He fights with a key, nothing need be detracted. 4. super combo moves and perhaps magic at range 5. a welcome sword fighting edition to a game that has sword fighters lacking combo extremeities (as in melee, not calling sword fighters weak but think of sora's movesets and the already potential combo "scheme" they have going for brawl already) sora would fit in perfectly and has a 95% chance of getting into brawl in my opinion.

Gannondorf the fifth

Smash Apprentice
i'd still like banjo and kazooie in the game.

maybe nintendo will find a way.
Mind I ask WHY banjo and kazooie? Wouldn't we just be looking at a donkey kong clone with a parrot? Ooo, yeah that sounds exciting (note the sarcasm) Not to rag on you, but I'm really hoping nintendo won't pull a "melee" on us and do like they did with characters like falcon and gannondorf, or mario and dr.mario, or even fox and falco. I want all original characters that truely stand out in every way from each other, while still having a fun balenced game. Yes, i'm aware that it would take the designers and programmers a HELL of a longer time to make the game in this fasion, wouldn't it be worth it for "the best of all the smash games ever"?

MJS

NOT A FINGAH!
BRoomer
2.- Can be Banjo-kazoie in?

Banjo Kazoie was a freakly good merchandise in N64 series. Is a retro, and plus has a lot of fans. He has sorta a good repertory of attacks, projectiles, double jumps, and a lot of things like that. What do you think?
Considering the next Banjo Kazooie game is set for X-Box 360 release, I'd have to say no. I think Donkey Kong is the only Rare franchise to stay with Nintendo post-Microsoft. I may be wrong.

pineappleupsetshark

Smash Journeyman
Suggestion:
10. 'X' character didn't get in, so how is it fair for 'Y' character to get in.
Saw this basic argument recently. Annoyed me a lot.

Bowser85

Smash Apprentice
Mind I ask WHY banjo and kazooie? Wouldn't we just be looking at a donkey kong clone with a parrot?
Please tell me you just didn't say that. Banjo and Kazooie are not even close to being a DK clone with a parrot. Honestly, sometimes I wonder how intelligent some of the people around here really are.

Gannondorf the fifth

Smash Apprentice
Please tell me you just didn't say that. Banjo and Kazooie are not even close to being a DK clone with a parrot. Honestly, sometimes I wonder how intelligent some of the people around here really are.
Idk, maybe I made the statement based on a few various reasons. One such reason is: i've played banjo and kazooie...not as fun as it should've been or could've been. 2. Not sure how you don't see a pretty similar visage between dk and banjo. 3. What legit moves could they give to banjo that would actually make him a potential candidate and not a God-forbidden low tier character (he floats around with a bird). That little character combo has some serious flaws that would put it on the frontline for an A S S whooping from the original and better characters. Sorry, ripping on my intellect doesn't make you smarter, especially when you throw an insult out and don't actually back up your supposedly contradictory statement. Explain to me, oh wise one, why SHOULD banjo and kazooie be in brawl?

Gannondorf the fifth

Smash Apprentice
Banjo Kazooie was a great game, and I'd love it if they were in Brawl.

But I will face the facts that it is probably unlikely they will appear since their next game is on X-Box.

Hey Ganondorf, I mean Gannondorf, you ok?
Yeah, i'm fine, why? I just don't need 10 year old's from previous posts trying to establish themselves in a poor manner. It's kinda like my own personal form of "constructive criticism"

agent_918

Smash Cadet
Of course, Captain Falcon and Ganon are totally different, but they were clones.

Dynamism

Smash Lord
HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!! WTF!?!?!?!?!?!
Banjo and DK as clones HAHAHA!
I can't even picure that........
WOW!!!!
Bird shoots eggs and drops them when it flies in the air. Yup, DK does that
Banjo ducks and the bird pecks as he slides ducking. DK does that too.
Banjo doesn't have charging fists or cause a DownB ruccuss or slap people.
I guess the only similarity would be the spin punches. Banjo does that when he's on Kazooies back and DK does it in the air as Nair and UpB. I think Banjo would have rolling moves too.

Banjo and Kazooie can take turns running,
bird on back = flying, eggs, the Banjo duck and pecking slide thing
bear on back (if they include it, probly as a short lasting transformation move) = fast running, wicked spin punches

they might have similar strength to DK but so does Ganonduh....
Banjo would have more of a twisted Mario moveset, about half of the MS anyway, the rest would be very twisted (bird + bear and all).
that's about.......it

Top Bottom