• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Negative Nancies 2: ACTUAL UPDATE THIS TIME! Assist Trophies taken into account.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Still doesn't make him a videogame character. Jesus saved us from our sins why don't we put him in the game..........

.... exactly.

WOT

Smash Apprentice
I made a thread called "when suggesting a pokemon" it ruled out a lot of them, but it died because no one had anything else to say
or maybe it was because no one cared enough about what you have to say to even read it

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Still doesn't make him a videogame character. Jesus saved us from our sins why don't we put him in the game..........

.... exactly.
Shiggy has something Jesus doesn't have, a history with Nintendo.

The only way if Shiggy were to get into Smash, however, would be if they were really getting desperate for adding new characters '_'

Nightmare KoRn Kid

Smash Champion
IDKwhy you made a rule about guns when it's SOOOOOOOOOO not true

64 guns:
Captain falcon (never uses it)
Fox
Samus
RAY GUN item

Melee:
Captain falcon (again, never uses it)
Fox
Falco
samus
Ray gun item
Super scope item

BRAWL, alreadY seen with a gun!
Z samus!

I mean, wtf are you even talking about no guns? They said that FOR snake, not for the game in general.

Change that "rule" you made up or it REALLY puts a dent in your "argument". Even tho it's already very vague and basiclaly stupid for you, some one who DOESN'T work for nintendo, to makes rules for brawl, at LEAST have some common sense in it. There are, and will, probably, be guns, just like there are swords. -_-

ADDED: Shiggy is NOT an acceptable nick name for Shigeru. It's my grandfather's name, and it's my middle name, never have either of us been called that. Silly white people tring to make japanese names shorter. Shige is, however (she-gay) X_x

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
IDKwhy you made a rule about guns when it's SOOOOOOOOOO not true

64 guns:
Captain falcon (never uses it)
Fox
Samus
RAY GUN item

Melee:
Captain falcon (again, never uses it)
Fox
Falco
samus
Ray gun item
Super scope item

BRAWL, alreadY seen with a gun!
Z samus!

I mean, wtf are you even talking about no guns? They said that FOR snake, not for the game in general.

Change that "rule" you made up or it REALLY puts a dent in your "argument". Even tho it's already very vague and basiclaly stupid for you, some one who DOESN'T work for nintendo, to makes rules for brawl, at LEAST have some common sense in it. There are, and will, probably, be guns, just like there are swords. -_-

ADDED: Shiggy is NOT an acceptable nick name for Shigeru. It's my grandfather's name, and it's my middle name, never have either of us been called that. Silly white people tring to make japanese names shorter. Shige is, however (she-gay) X_x

I made the rule about Guns because Sakurai made the rule about guns. I didn't really make anything up. This is a widely-known fact that Sakurai doesn't like the idea of realistic guns in Brawl.

All of the guns you listed are either not used, or are lazers, and are thus not realistic. What Sakurai meant is that the guns that Solid Snake would use are off limits because their image is too viceral and violent for a T-rated game.

Also, Zsamus wields a Whip shaped like a gun. we don't know if she'll be able to fire it yet.

Also, you're not the nickname police. I can call him Shiggy if I want to. :p

guitarhero44

Smash Rookie
yo, good thread. just one small problem...revolution x: music is the weapon (the greatest piece of crap [in a good way] arcade shooter ever) actually starred aerosmith, not metallica...honest mistake, and problibly 1% of everyone here knows what this gem is. And go sonic. the mario vs. sonic dispute must end now.

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
yo, good thread. just one small problem...revolution x: music is the weapon (the greatest piece of crap [in a good way] arcade shooter ever) actually starred aerosmith, not metallica...honest mistake, and problibly 1% of everyone here knows what this gem is. And go sonic. the mario vs. sonic dispute must end now.
Oh, okay, thanks. :)

CPB&

Smash Cadet
I like the idea of Shiggy being in the game. He could have moves referencing the characters he created or something. Remember last year's E3 when he came out on stage with a Master Sword and Hylian Shield? Heck yes.

Also, I'd be amazed if they put Poochy in the game. There's the new Yoshi's Island inspired level, so it isn't too implausible. I also think the R.O.B. idea is great. I'd also like to see Little Mac, King Dedede, another F-Zero racer (maybe Samurai Goroh), an Advance Wars character, and *nerdsqueal* Simon Belmont, although I'm torn between Simon and Soma Cruz. What do you guys think?

Snafu

Smash Cadet
Good to see someone has posted guidelines to keep the ridiculous imaginations of my fellow Smashers in check. This should be required reading for anyone wanting to post a new character to avoid things like (and I quote, though I don't think it was this site):

"OMFG!!!1! MastEr CHeef 4 BRawl!!!1!!!!11!1!1"

For smeg's sake. One third-party character gets in and suddenly every character and their dog is apparently a viable entrant regardless of them having (or not having, more to the point) any connection to Nintendo other than maybe being mentioned in the same sentence by a games journalist once (probably saying "X character will kill Nintendo", faithless cretins).

As for Shigsy being entered to Brawl, I doubt it. Although he is a major figure in Nintendo's history, and fully deserves a tribute in some form in SSBB:

A- He is not a games character. As many folks have pointed out, the Smash series is all about pointing games characters at each other, letting them off the leash and revelling in the glorious carnage that ensues.

B-You have the option to put in pretty much any character from any decent franchise to have appeared on a Ninty console ever, and you put in a games designer? Uh... I think that Sakurai has a bit more sense than that, folks, give the guy some credit (by which I mean your credit cards, High Lord Sakurai demands all your possessions lest your beloved Brawl never see light of day! Bwahahaha!) *cough* Sorry, got carried away. But I honestly believe that the character roster would have to be numbering into the hundreds before there'd be any remote chance of Teh Shigs(TM) being in there.

Mack888

Smash Rookie
Shigeru bein in the game as some sort of secret character would be great.

I was thinkin' his moves could be completely random and different everytime you play (I know, i got that idea from that weird tree guy from tekken), so one match you could be playing as him and his moves would be the same as solid snake, the next game he could be based on samus

Just a suggestion...

I know having him as a character would break rules, because he wasn't a character blah blah blah.

True, he was never really a nintendo character, but he WAS and IS a friggin' legend!

xianfeng

Smash Hero
4. I think Captain N should be argued as an exception to the no anime character rule. Sure he was never in any game & only in a cartoon & comic, but the comic & toon were about Nintendo characters. More than that, they were about Nintendo characters (& 3rd party characters) from different game meeting each other & teaming or battling 1 another. Captain N represents some of the main aspects of SSB & excluding him from the series seems very bizarre.
He hasn't appered in a game and Sakurai hasn't said anything about Captain Nobody so he still has 0% chance
2 How could the creator of our happiness ruin the game?!
Not mine, he didn't create FE, SSB, DKC or BK, so he didn't create my favourite games. (ALthough he did work on DKC and SSB)

or maybe it was because no one cared enough about what you have to say to even read it
Please explain why it got like 3 pages of praise.

Shiggy has something Jesus doesn't have, a history with Nintendo.
I'm not religious in any way but...
Jesus has something Shigeru doesn't have, a spot in heaven.

Silly white people tring to make japanese names shorter.
Silly japanese people having long arse names and not being able to say r

True, he was never really a nintendo character, but he WAS and IS a friggin' legend!
So are Jesus, Steve Irwin, Oprah Winfrey and Batman I suppose they all have to be added too.

Spry-jinx

Smash Rookie
I dont know if anyone remembers LucasArts, but mybe Super Starwars rings a bell? As ridiculous as it was, it was still one nintendo game, actually there were three of them. Therefor Luke, Leia?, Chewy and the rest have a chance if snake has a chance. the sight of seeing Vader force choke someone till their head explodes would make me giggle like a school girl, it is slighty unlikly.
PS i dont know if anyone has posted this, i didnt feel like skimming through infinty billion posts

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
I dont know if anyone remembers LucasArts, but mybe Super Starwars rings a bell? As ridiculous as it was, it was still one nintendo game, actually there were three of them. Therefor Luke, Leia?, Chewy and the rest have a chance if snake has a chance. the sight of seeing Vader force choke someone till their head explodes would make me giggle like a school girl, it is slighty unlikly.
PS i dont know if anyone has posted this, i didnt feel like skimming through infinty billion posts
Movie Characters. Sorry. no.

2.5.) Characters who did not originate in Video games.
This ties into #2. Though Sakurai never said so, I believe that it's safe to assume that video game characters who got their start in literature (Hermione Granger, Jekyll and Hyde, Tom Sawyer), Television (Wayne's World), Movies (The Wizard of Oz, Total Recall, Diehard), Music (50 cent, Aerosmith (From Revolution X)), Toys (G.I Joe, Barbie), PSAs (Incredible Crash dummies), and advertisements (7up spot, the Noid, Ronald Mcdonald, California Raisins) cannot and will not be considered for brawl.
That was a really fun list to make.
Plus Lucasarts has several other games you can draw from that AREN't Star Wars. See Zombies Ate My Neighbors, Lucasarts adventure games, and so on.

---------

I'll edit this post so I don't double post it. It's December 12th and I have given this bad boy an edit. Go take a look.

gravsamus4747

Smash Rookie
i knwo im a noob and i know im gonna be accused of being a negative nancy for saying this but it is just eating my insides to watch people actual think some of these things

1. no one who wasn't created by nintendo will be in brawl it's bad marketing, it's like advertising for the competition, i honestly dont know why snake is in the game, i can't understand where he will get moves from, someone from whatever company made metal gear probably paid nintendo a bunch of money ot have him in

2. no one who hasn't been a large part of video game history will be in the game (g & w is a good example of one of these people), banjo-kazooie won't be in the game FOR SURE, whoever said this is the biggest ****** in the wqorld because rare stabvbed nintendo in the back a defected over to microsoft, the only chance they have at being in the game is some sort of deal for them to defect back, which likely wont happen because microsoft can pretty much write a blank cheque to keep them happy

3. if it's a human that need precise animantion to be differed from others it wont be in the game, (miyamoto will not be in the game, i would wager my life on that, niether will phoenix wright, what's he gonna do "object" to your attacks?)

4. a superbeing will not be in the game (mewtwo needed one tweak (no mind control)) ridley has no chance for many reasons, one it can fly, two it can't be scaled down to a fighting plausible shape, bowser was small in other games so he's plausible

think of this game from nintendo's point of view (a business), they won't put characters in if they have any chance of hurting them economically, as much as people wouldn't like to think it, nintendo is just like sony and microsoft, they all want money and market share
Thats my thoughts, hack me up as you wish

gravsamus4747

Smash Rookie
you're a cool guy aj, but they will put in dark samus, ridley any of the hunters, the rundus guy form corruption **** even kraid before space pirate

PS get better internet

LemonManX

Smash Lord
2. no one who hasn't been a large part of video game history will be in the game (g & w is a good example of one of these people), banjo-kazooie won't be in the game FOR SURE, whoever said this is the biggest ****** in the wqorld because rare stabvbed nintendo in the back a defected over to microsoft, the only chance they have at being in the game is some sort of deal for them to defect back, which likely wont happen because microsoft can pretty much write a blank cheque to keep them happy
I believe Nintendo had a chance to make an offer on Rare but chose not too... I could be wrong there though. So don't go saying "Rare stabbed Nintendo in the back."

4. a superbeing will not be in the game (mewtwo needed one tweak (no mind control)) ridley has no chance for many reasons, one it can fly, two it can't be scaled down to a fighting plausible shape, bowser was small in other games so he's plausible
Okay, you my friend need to watch the intro to SSBM. Did Ridley seem uber big there? No, ZOMG! Point being, he would work fine. Don't be a doubter at Ridley's might.

gravsamus4747

Smash Rookie
they still defected to microsoft, rare could've easily made millions more with another donkey kong, banjo kazooie, perfect dark (need i say more) on the gamecube, they just thought they would make more money at microsoft so they opened the floor to bidding knowing microsoft being the nearly trillion dollar company they are would make a higher bid but this isnt a uni marketing class so ill move on,

the reason that they wouldnt put ridley in is because he was designed to be a superbeing, a nearly insurmountable boss at nearly the end of the metroid games, saying ridley has a chance is like saying that the emperor ing has a chance or Metroid prime, these characters were designed as demigods, you can't convert it down to an equal to mario or link or somethign, it just doesnt suit the chracter so i definitely dont "doubt his might"

he's also an awkward body shape for smash maybe it's just me but i can't see him fighting someoen on final dest, i just can't picture it in my mind

LemonManX

Smash Lord
the reason that they wouldnt put ridley in is because he was designed to be a superbeing, a nearly insurmountable boss at nearly the end of the metroid games, saying ridley has a chance is like saying that the emperor ing has a chance or Metroid prime, these characters were designed as demigods, you can't convert it down to an equal to mario or link or somethign, it just doesnt suit the chracter so i definitely dont "doubt his might"

he's also an awkward body shape for smash maybe it's just me but i can't see him fighting someoen on final dest, i just can't picture it in my mind

You don't see him fighting someone on Final Destination... but I never thought I'd see Mario fighting Link anywhere. I could picture Ridley fighting on Final Destination if he is the same size as he is in the SSBM intro.

I don't think he'd be that awkward in terms of body shape. Ridley should appear to give Metroid more representation, that and he's Samus' key enemy from the Metroid games and has a ton of appearances.

In his SSBM trophy he didn't look too awkward...

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
You're a bit in over your head here.

i knwo im a noob and i know im gonna be accused of being a negative nancy for saying this but it is just eating my insides to watch people actual think some of these things

1. no one who wasn't created by nintendo will be in brawl it's bad marketing, it's like advertising for the competition, i honestly dont know why snake is in the game, i can't understand where he will get moves from, someone from whatever company made metal gear probably paid nintendo a bunch of money ot have him in
Snake says wrong. It's as simple as that. Sakurai has made rules about which 3rd party chars can get in to protect Nintendo's interests, and since he's gone to so much trouble to hear people's 3rd party ideas on his Poll, I think it's safe to assume that he is going to let one or two more characters in.

Also, if you can't figure out where Snake is going to get his moves, you just haven't been paying attention.

Okay, this is an odd statement, but i'll try to burrow through it. First of all, there are several characters who aren't prticularly important to gaming History in Smash Bros already. Fire Emblem characters aren't particularly important, and neither is Earthbound. Pit isn't important. He starred in two games in the NES era, and one of them isn't remembered at all. It's just silly to use that reason to exclude characters you've never heard of, or don't like.

You are right about Rare though. They are now MS second party. You could have put it in a less harsh way though.

3. if it's a human that need precise animantion to be differed from others it wont be in the game, (miyamoto will not be in the game, i would wager my life on that, niether will phoenix wright, what's he gonna do "object" to your attacks?)
I have very little idea what you're trying to say here, so i'll just go with my gut.

Snake. Captain Falcon. Marth. Roy. Zelda. Link. These characters all prove you wrong. They are all Human (Or close enough for government work in Link and Zelda's case) and they all require "Precise animation to be differed from others." Whatever the hell that means. I think you need to leave this half-baked argument on the burner to simmer a bit. it's a little undercooked.

What the hell do you mean by "Superbeing?" EVERYONE in Smash Bros is a superbeing.

Also, about Ridley. I suggest you not get into that argument, that's a dangerous place to go for a self-proclaimed "noob." First off, Kirby Flies, and that didn't stop him. Second off, Ridley has already been scaled down in the intro to Super Smash Bros Melee. Hot air is what you're blowing here.

think of this game from nintendo's point of view (a business), they won't put characters in if they have any chance of hurting them economically, as much as people wouldn't like to think it, nintendo is just like sony and microsoft, they all want money and market share
Thats my thoughts, hack me up as you wish
How would crossovers hurt Nintendo? Crossovers never hurt Capcom, SNK, Namco, Konami, Square, and multitudes of other companies that have done Crossover, or team-up games in the past. Of course Nintendo is out for money, but that dosn't change the fact that a Crossover game would never financially hurt them, especially, as you said, "someone from whatever company made metal gear probably paid nintendo a bunch of money ot have him in."

By the way. The company that make Metal Gear is Konami. I hope you become aquainted with them soon. They make good stuff.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
First of all learn English, second of all Nintendo SOLD Rare, Rare did NOT leave Nintendo, so Nintendo stabbed Rare in the back.

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
An Edit! What!?

I actually edited the Original Post! Woah!

I added Negative Nancy argument #9. Read and enjoy.

Stay Frosty.

yoshi_fan

Smash Ace
Hello, I was seeing some vids about Nintendo charactes figting to SSBB, and i dont know if this was postin before, but here it goes.

Have any chances Beautiful Joe of entering?

I think no, but he has a lot of games in Nintendo, and plus is a good (not very good) franchise. I think he has some posiblities, what do you think? (I read the negative nancys, and I think is okay except the points of gray :S, but i'm not sure)

2.- Can be Banjo-kazoie in?

Banjo Kazoie was a freakly good merchandise in N64 series. Is a retro, and plus has a lot of fans. He has sorta a good repertory of attacks, projectiles, double jumps, and a lot of things like that. What do you think?

And now, I have to opin that Megaman it's a good 3rd party character have a lots of chances to enter.

Well What do you think?

Top Bottom