• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NC Catfish Social Thread! *<3 KEV*

BEHR

Smash Hero
Chris come over and smash at 4 oclock.

i dont have a phone so ill be on after school.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
sweet greensboro smashfest. $mike already texted me. i'ma call dshep and see if he wants to ride the bus with me wherever we end up.

actually i have no power over such things. unless people want to come here. i just think it'd be fun.

DtJ SmithZzz

Happy Birthday Kjell
If it's a Gboro Smashfest, I don't mind hosting it, but we'd have to work out the details. That is, if Eddit doesn't.

Maybe Winston Salem wants to come too? :lick:

onlymaskde

Smash Lord
We're def doing this in Greensboro. Smith... you live I don't even ****ing know where.

Eddie, your room can't fit squat ****, and the tv in your living room is bad

DAftFlip

Smash Journeyman
I've been working on the formula for the Elo ranking sytem ( the same one used to rank sports teams, chess players, golfers etc. ) and it's bit more difficult to explain than I originally thought. I understand it but getting others to understand or to water down all the jargon into laymans terms is hard, at least for me. TO's would be mostly responsible for getting people ranked. The other problem is that everyone would have to start from zero again. or rather 1600 baseline rating. I can post up the info but I'm not sure alot of you would understand or support this even though it would give you a strong indication of someones strength as a player, actually very acurate. Another problem is that it doesn't apply to teams.

I'm gonna get a mathamatican friend of mine make it user friendly this weekend and post it hopefully sometime after this weekend.

the problem with those rankings is that they assume neutral starting position. smash is predicated on matchups. and head to head can be very different from results vs others
Rome. It's the players responsiblity to understand matchups. Ken is a fine example of someone who never really had to switch mains for a matchup. He understood what it took to win against different play styles and characters being used in distinct ways. Yes, maybe in todays metagame it's necessary to have a really good secondary for certain matchups but experience and skill is your responsibility to aquire.

null55

Smash Master
stingers, if i have any advice about choosing a character --> choose the one you love to play the most (beyond winning -_-;; ).

luckily, i fell deeply, deeply in love with a ridiculously amazing character.

Top Bottom