• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MWW HYPE! Circuit CHAMPIONSHIP IN KANSAS THIS SATURDAY JUNE 29TH $156 BRAWL POT BONUS

Status
Not open for further replies.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I've gotta go to work, but real quick.

I think we NEED to have an incentive for everyone to travel to every tournament, which is why a circuit pot payout is needed. The point from the start was to get the MWW alive again and to get our locals to have meaning again. If no one is going to come to Nebraska because they really don't have an incentive, than the point of this has been lost.

But

We need to get big exposure. Which is why we should do both.

As far as MK goes, whatever Lux decides to do at his events I support, but I believe that the rest of the events (minus CO) will be MK legal.

JJROCKETS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JJROCKETS
3DS FC
5129-2280-4196
Talk to Sago about an IL event, he said he was interested in hosting one. Also, I don't really care which option we do. My vote goes to whatever would get more people to attend more events.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Oh, also I think adding IL is fine but adding another event and state will make this too big. This is supposed to be MW:W.

Maybe for the next circuit we should add OH/MI/MN/SD/KY?

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
The pot will be split 50/50

50% of it will be for the circuit winner.

~#1-40%
~#2-25%
~#3-15%
~#4-10%
~#5-6%
~#6-3%
~#7-1%

MUST BE PRESENT FOR

A. The championship event and minimum of 1 other circuit events.
or
B. Have attended all events but the championship (with reasonable exceptions).

To get circuit payout $.

50% of it will be a bonus pot for the championship event GET HYPE! 3

CloudChaser071

Smash Apprentice
I wish I could like the above post :D

Also, it will be a pleasure to help out with the circuit :D

FoCo Fest 2 is this Saturday, and a lot of players are going to be making it here in CO. I'm also going to be streaming and will tell everyone in CO the good news. Unless they stalk me on here, they're in the dark until tomorrow >:)

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Z (CloudChaser) isn't hosting FoCo Fest 2, just FYI. The TO for that one isn't on Smashboards.

Also CO usually hosts P:M over Melee nowadays but a huge chunk of our players are Melee vets so iunno, it's up to him on that one.

And a couple corrections/additions for Z's tourney list:
-Fighter Frenzy was 2011
-Summit 4 (results post, a thread was not made) 5/26/12
-No Excuses (also a results post) 4/21/12

I've been hosting most of the CO locals lately, for the large-scale tournaments Z usually does the TO'ing.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I think you're just making stuff up at this point :p

Also do you want the free plug for your event or not?

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
If you guys come and beat us at every event then there's nothing stopping that.

Point system and more dates and details and me fixing CC071's info in the works over the next week.

MX778

Smash Journeyman
Haha, I know. The thought of some of us going was nice. Even if we probably won't be able to. Though, I can only speak for myself. :UU

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Interesting note.

This is the big 12 north revival.

NE=Huskers
IA=Iowa State
MO=Mizzou
CO=Coloardo
KS=Kansas AND Kansas state

AND KS gets 2 events. It's crazy enough to work in some abstract mental web I have.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
^ dude Trent. You need to play me next time I come out man. I wanna see the sonic that got all of NE super good t the MU, lol

:phone:

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Interesting. Hype?
I might also be getting Pandy, Math, Car and other Lincoln 09 players into this ****, I'm trying at least.

Car got 2nd to Tyser back in those days.

Trent it would be awesome for you to come out of retirement, I made a joke that I would support a Lincoln event :0

DeLux

Nooooo leave sonic at home

No more timeouts :p

Rule: Sonic's taunts are banned

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Until January 13, I had never timed out anyone, even in friendlies.

But when a D3 CPs delfino, you do whatcha gotta do to not get grabbed. Felt filthy, honestly. Funny, but filthy

And taunts are legal. If I can taunt, clearly you need to step it up, and you were in fact too slow as well.

:phone:

DeLux

Missouri and Iowa need to get on coordinating their events with Rob or me :p

Teh Future

Smash Master
Yeah sorry for the delay I will be more involved from here on out:

Here is the first circuit event:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=333009

Edit: After reading the thread I will give you guys more information on the tournament I am hosting, as well as my thoughts on rules for each event including the championship soon. Right now I just want to request that people let me know if you plan on coming by posting in the tournament thread I just linked to. This is important because it effects the venue that will be used and the venue fee could change drastically depending on where we hold it.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Supreme Hype. I'm about to figure out my rules and the date in the next few days. Rules tonightish.

Stages I considered after doing a lot of research on the stages and reading all of the reports.

:battlefieldb: :brinstar: :castlesiege: :delfino: :fdb: :frigate: :greengreens: :halberd: :japes: :lylat: :norfair: :pictochat: :pirateship: :ps2: :ps1: :rainbowcruise: :smashville: :yoshisb:

#1-Neutral Stage- :battlefieldb:
#2-Flat stage with horizontally moving platform (ala Yoshism) :smashville:
#3-Static stage with tilting/moving platforms that disappear and reappear (ala FOD in melee) :yoshisb:
#4-Flat stage, no platforms :fdb:
#5-Tilting stage with lots of platforms :lylat: (not quite the Dreamland :/)

Lux bans stages that have hitboxes, which I am fine with, and I will do mostly the same if they are the dominate feature of the stage to the point where it becomes disruptive or it dictates the metagame, but that ALSO includes stages with DEATH TRAPS, like :castlesiege: and :ps1: , so :brinstar: :greengreens: :japes: and :norfair: :pirateship:

So that leaves :delfino: :frigate: :halberd: :pictochat: :ps2: and :rainbowcruise:

In terms of the other that I would NOT have them be in the tournament goes

#1- :rainbowcruise: -Locals hate it, MK breaks the stage.
#2- :halberd: -Other TO hates it, it does damage and when it doesn't do damage MK breaks the stage.
#3- :frigate: -I used to really dislike this stage but the competitive nature of the stage has kinda came out, I still don't like that it doesn't have a ledge and is a SUPER-COUNTER for most low tier characters and I haven't even gotten onto the flipping part of the game that really disrupts the game :/
#4- :ps2: -The neutral portion of the stage is the best in the game, but half of the transformations are incredibly disruptive and stupid.
#5- :delfino: -Sharking and walkoffs and Water.
#6- :pictochat: -There are a billion reasons why this stage should be legal all across the world. Get your reaction time better and quit complaining.

So

:battlefieldb: :delfino: :fdb: :frigate: :halberd: :lylat: :pictochat: :ps2: :rainbowcruise: :smashville: :yoshisb:

However, I might make switch :pirateship: and :rainbowcruise: for doubles. You have min 2 bans (I run 3 bans until wf/lf/gf), you'll be fine.

Teh Future

Smash Master
I think for the championship we should hold a very conservative stage-list. We can argue the legality of stages for years, but I don't think anyone wants to loose a set in the championship event because of something the stage did. Here is what I will propose as a starting point.

(1 stage ban)

Starter

Battlefield
Smashville
Yoshi’s Island

Counter

Final Destination
Pokemon Stadium 1
Lylat Cruise
Delfino Plaza
Castle Siege
Frigate Orpheon
Rainbow Cruise

This stage list only works if we agree on all of the following (which we do not, but these are the issues we need to resolve):

-Having a small amount of neutrals makes for less timing striking and quicker sets.

-With Metaknight legal, there is no getting around to the fact that he is the best character in the game on certain counter stages. That doesn't make him broken or mean we should ban every stage that would otherwise be legal. It means he is a strong character on certain stages and we should not try to negate that at the expense of every other character's counter-pick choices

-Walk-offs should not be designated as death traps, as they are entirely avoidable.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Ps1 and CS have death traps that aren't walk offs, ps1 doesn't even have a possible walk off. You fall through the stage and die. If you want to say no one wants to lose because of the stage...those 2 should be gone. Fino lost grandfinals set because he fell through PS1.

Teh Future

Smash Master
There are multiple stages that have those. I don't think otherwise neutral stages should be banned because of something that happens in 1/100 matches

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom