• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Moveset Speculation and Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

alguidrag

Smash Ace
I think the same, but you know, much people are still salty with him, so i think it will be normal if a low number of people use him

Zult

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zultie
I think the same, but you know, much people are still salty with him, so i think it will be normal if a low number of people use him
And I'll body the same people with Corrin like I did with Dark Pit and his haters :)

LordShade67

Smash Ace
NNID
LordShade67
3DS FC
2148-8642-9915
And I'll body the same people with Corrin like I did with Dark Pit and his haters :)
I'll admit I was of the crowd that was salty over DP because I thought he replaced Mewtwo, but that was before finding out about why he got in. Oh, and DLC.

Planty

Smash Ace
NNID
something
What in the world does Dark Pit have to do with Mewtwo?

Regardless, is the Lance during dragon lunge a part of his body or a disjoint? Also I could see his SHAD game being great because of aerial dragon lunge

Last edited:

LordShade67

Smash Ace
NNID
LordShade67
3DS FC
2148-8642-9915
What in the world does DP have to do with Mew two?

Regardless, is the Lance during dragon lunge a part of his body or a disjoint? Also I could see his SHAD game being great because of aerial dragon lunge
Blinded by salt at the time of the leaks and admittedly wanted a scapegoat. :p
Again, pre-DLC, so....

OceloT42

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1993-9639-0577

99% sure that lance is disjoint,something that long
Also what is SHAD?

Last edited:

Planty

Smash Ace
NNID
something
99% sure that lance is disjoint,something that long
Also what is SHAD?
short hop airdodge. Just do a shorthop and airdodge immediately. Some characters like Yoshi make good use of it. It lets you move in any direction you like while being invincible and start an aerial on the first possible frame instead of waiting through he jumpsquat frames. SHAD is punishable if read though.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209

Very likely to be disjointed. We see Roy counter Corrin's Lance F-Smash without Corrin being hit, so it's likely that all of his transformed appendage attacks will be disjointed, as well.

Planty

Smash Ace
NNID
something
I ask if it's disjointed because if it isn't and you pin yourself next to someone, they could just shield grab the Lance part (which would look hilarious)

alguidrag

Smash Ace
Now a question, Kirby will shot and Bite with his mouth or hand when he eat corrin? (I think the "hat" will be the dragon "helmet")

OceloT42

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1993-9639-0577
I'm a bit sore when I hear the name of that pink ball of cheap, but nevertheless, he'll bite with his mouth, which will look hilarious btw

Kadc

Smash Rookie
NNID
Kadc_network
if corrins para works the same as zss would side b cancel? or jump (assuming they don't tech) into a netural b into a smash be a set up maybe? honestly i think d-tilt rar bair might be something

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
Kirby with a dragon head and a dark, Fang-ridden maw of doom sounds like nightmare fuel

OceloT42

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1993-9639-0577
Just like most Kirby final bosses, amirite?
youarite indeed
now that i think about it,kirby himself is nightmare fuel...
He's like nintendo's kid friendly slenderman (NOT WII FIT TRAINER)
On another note,some of my (noob) friends are saying that Corrin looks broken.
I can't really see why,and they wont clear it up.

OceloT42

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1993-9639-0577
Anyways in what way does Corrin look broken?
Or is this just pre-release tension?

Zult

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zultie
I think his range and the bite looks too strong
I think so too. And a projectile. That stuns. Tilts... that combo. All we're missing is throws. Hope they are good.

How exciting.

Kadc

Smash Rookie
NNID
Kadc_network
the tilts looked like good combo starters looking back at the vid. anyone else feel that way?

Planty

Smash Ace
NNID
something
I was wondering something about his U-tilt; the animation has him do a sword twirl above his head. Does the hitbox last throughout that whole twirl or just the initial bit of him bringing the sword over his head and that twirl is the endlag?

Last edited:

Athrel

Smash Cadet
I think the hitbox ends just a tiny bit behind his head since that's about where the swords blur ends and the rest is endlag.

OceloT42

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1993-9639-0577
I was wondering something about his U-tilt; the animation has him do a sword twirl above his head. Does the hitbox last throughout that whole twirl or just the initial bit of him bringing the sword over his head and that twirl is the endlag?
It looks a lot like Shulk's,so the hitbox must be for the whole twirl

Athrel

Smash Cadet
Corrin's tilts seem more similar to Robin's overall so I'm guessing the hitbox is similar to theirs as well.

OceloT42

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1993-9639-0577
I have a feeling that nearly all his attacks will be disjointed.It certainly looks that way

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
Sonic is one of my secondaries,he certainly doesn't cancel his dair until a certain amount of time has passed
That's what an autocancel is...all moves auto cancel, it's just a matter of how fast the move can autocancel. Sonic has the best out of all the stall then falls.

He can spring-> dair and land with no lag

Last edited:

OceloT42

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1993-9639-0577
That's what an autocancel is...all moves auto cancel, it's just a matter of how fast the move can autocancel. Sonic has the best out of all the stall then falls.

He can spring-> dair and land with no lag
ikr I've been doing that with hilarious results...
However I think Corrin's dair will be like Toon Link's,cos he certainly embeds himself in the ground
EDIT:NO WAIT HE DOESN'T HE JUST SORT OF POPS UP THERE'S HOPE YET

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Stall-then-falls are only ever (extremely) situational unless your name is Sonic after a Spring jump.

I don't see why we're so preoccupied with Kamui's Dair.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zult

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zultie
I have a feeling that nearly all his attacks will be disjointed.It certainly looks that way
The only move that might night be a disjoint that I can think of is bair. But I'm pretty sure bair will be a disjoint.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom