• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Moveset Speculation and Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZephyrYoshi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Smashwidget
The DFS missed because of a spot dodge and a fully charged bite afterwards broke the shield. Bite is mandatory.
So you get ZSS' and Marth's neutral B in one move. Sweet.

Last edited:

Zult

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zultie
ahhh ok. Can't we charge the bite too and if we can how charged was it?
It was fully charged or close to being fully charged

twitch.tv/nairomk although I think he's done talking about them

Maraphy

Smash Ace
NNID
Marraph
3DS FC
3780-9036-1349
I asked in the chat if dragon lunge beat shields and Nairo didn't see it but someone in the chat said no ? So maybe he said that

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Bouncing fish just from the visual looks like the most unsafe move ever lmao. Lancer confirmed troll.

Would DL pin > cancel > SH Dair jab lock?
Bouncing Fish bounces away on hit and the I-frames flash, not to mention that "in a vacuum" doesn't mean "judging from the visual."

Gut instinct says no because if Corrin could act out of DL fast enough that's potential for an infinite, albit not with Dair. If he could get over to the opponent fast enough then Dair would need to have low enough knockback for that to happen, and that kind of move typically doesn't have low knockback.

No you haven't.

Dude, just stop with this "woe is me I just wanted to contribute" crap. Your (frankly sophomoric) observations on Corrin's general viability are derailing this thread. The fact that several people are calling you out on this is testament to that fact.

Read the room.
When I first came in the thread I asked if they'd mind a pessimistic opinion. Zult was asking for my "yang" to his "yin" up until a day or two ago, and clearly I still have fans.

Block me if you're sick of my face. There, everybody wins.

Zult

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zultie
I asked in the chat if dragon lunge beat shields and Nairo didn't see it but someone in the chat said no ? So maybe he said that
He said no but didn't go in depth about it. Sounded like if you shield then the DL will go through your shield and stick like you're not really there.

Bouncing Fish bounces away on hit and the I-frames flash, not to mention that "in a vacuum" doesn't mean "judging from the visual."

Gut instinct says no because if Corrin could act out of DL fast enough that's potential for an infinite, albit not with Dair. If he could get over to the opponent fast enough then Dair would need to have low enough knockback for that to happen, and that kind of move typically doesn't have low knockback.

When I first came in the thread I asked if they'd mind a pessimistic opinion. Zult was asking for my "yang" to his "yin" up until a day or two ago, and clearly I still have fans.

Block me if you're sick of my face. There, everybody wins.
I'm Pit and you're Dark Pit.

Last edited:

Zult

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zultie
Nairo says no combo throws

I really want to test it myself though
Do you think he would test if back throw for a combo throw. Back throw is like the last throw people would check to see if it combos. Up throw kills super late like Marth's. RIP. Nothing on forward throw still. We all know how bad down throw looked at 0%

ILOVESMASH

Smash Ace
NNID
Marioman123450
3DS FC
3368-1022-7382
Corrin having a kill throw as powerful as marth's is great. This will really help in securing kills assuming he doesn't have any kill confirms at high percents or with rage. The lack of a combo throw is a bummer, but I'm not too phazed out by it considering how good D-tilt is as a combo starter.

Mechaglacier

Smash Apprentice
NNID
purespade
oh yeah I forgot to introduce myself where are my manners. Hello everyone I'm Mechaglacier and I am the main Admin of the Mewtwo Skype and Discord. My interest for Corrin began from the info Nintendo gave us about FE Fates. I was surprised to see him join smash 4 as one of the last DLC characters. I hope I can contribute as much as possible for Corrin. My region is SoCal and I plan on going to nearby tournaments soon! My main plan is to become a great SoCal Corrin/Mewtwo player and end up on the PR

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Edit: Also he said Uthrows kills maybe 150 ish like Marth's
Is that with or without rage? I remember hearing Marth's only kills with significant rage, but if Corrin's doesn't need it, it's more like R.O.B.'s or (as of the December patch) Kirby's, which are both useful for ending stocks if your opponent has managed to survive that long!

Last edited:

Mr_Kreep3r

Smash Apprentice
Is that with or without rage? I remember hearing Marth's only kills with significant rage, but if Corrin's doesn't need it, it's more like R.O.B.'s or (as of the December patch) Kirby's, which are both useful for ending stocks if your opponent has managed to survive that long!
Think he said with rage but still there is hope and we can test this come wensday.

Gemzelda_ss

Smash Cadet
NNID
gemzelda_ss
The first thing to look at is if a move of corrins can jab lock. Since we saw that corrin can cancel out of dragon lunge. Hopefully DFS will do the job just like zss paralyzer can. Other than that idk if its been answered but do we know if corrin can stick to the sides of the stages with DL? because if she can this means recovery won't be much of a problem seeing as she can jump from DL.

D3xter

Smash Rookie
NNID
DDexter
If it kills like Marth's then that's fine. Marth's uthrow is pretty decent. If it kills like Roy's though then RIP, Roy's uthrow is pretty garbage without rage and he needs like 100%+ rage for his uthrow to kill reasonably.

D

Deleted member

update: nairo says corrin might not be the best FE character.......RIP
Well... Ike but whatever, can we stop listening to stuff like this?

1) That's not factual, we can wait 2 days to have solid evidence on the character

2) I don't think it will help construct a discussion if all we do is wait until Nairo says something good about the character and base our discussion on it. Even if he has an opinion on the character, the time they played them (probably less than 12 hours) is imo not sufficient to advance anything constructive in any discussion, especially when he doesn't go in depth and only give short, evasive answers.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
update: nairo says corrin might not be the best FE character.......RIP
Keep in mind, that's after a very short time getting a feel for how Corrin plays...and when Robin and Ike are both viable and have compelling arguments for being underrated in the tier list, we still have reason to be hopeful.

OceloT42

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1993-9639-0577
All you said is that Corrin probably has a kill throw.

No, I'm not. I've brought up a ton of legitimate points thus far. If people want to make a big stink about how one person doesn't like their dragon waifu they need thicker skin.

Dude, stop with the attitude. I did not say Cloud and Ryu would have trouble killing. Ryu we got day one and had kill confirms. My concerns with Cloud were namely Limit mechanics since basically the closest comparison was the waft, which at worst puts Wario in a bad spot. Pit's grab is 6-7, other swordsmen at 7-8.

Marth can kill off of tilts and has problems killing. How many of Corrin's kill options look safe and consistent? Smashes require tippers and nobody's dumb enough to fall into them. For aerials you have the at least somewhat telegraphed Bair and Uair requires a good vertical position. Tilts don't kill raw, and the Uair on Dtilt > Uair will most definitely be easy to DI if it's even true at kill percents and doesn't have a microscopic kill range. Edgeguarding ain't free.
Alrighty, let's differentiate between doubts and pessimism, shall we?
Doubts-
"I see some possible drawbacks,but this character looks like he/she/it has potential as well!"

Pessimism-
"Gosh, even a rotting corpse would be better than this ****"

You haven't said a single positive thing about this character in over a 1000 posts.I understand that you have some doubts but really? Not a positive thing?
You do give some really nice observations, but the way you go on, it's like you absolutely detest Corrin.
Are you one of those Wolf or Snake people? Is that why you're doing this?
I have to agree with Raziek here.

The first thing to look at is if a move of corrins can jab lock. Since we saw that corrin can cancel out of dragon lunge. Hopefully DFS will do the job just like zss paralyzer can. Other than that idk if its been answered but do we know if corrin can stick to the sides of the stages with DL? because if she can this means recovery won't be much of a problem seeing as she can jump from DL.
There was a snapshot a few pages back that showed a wall stick (possible) in that Smash Run thingamajig.

Last edited:

Gemzelda_ss

Smash Cadet
NNID
gemzelda_ss
U guys are right we should def wait till we get corrin to have any assumption on how good she is. BTW do we know if dragon lunge can stick to the sides of the stage?

OceloT42

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1993-9639-0577
U guys are right we should def wait till we get corrin to have any assumption on how good she is. BTW do we know if dragon lunge can stick to the sides of the stage?
See my post above
Or here take this pic:

Gemzelda_ss

Smash Cadet
NNID
gemzelda_ss
See my post above
Or here take this pic:
oh ok thanks just read it. Well if this is true this looks really good for corrin in terms of edge guarding since she can do a back kick out of DL and her recovery just got a 1up since she can jump out of it! Very glad to hear this thanks.

Nairo

Banned via Administration
Well... Ike but whatever, can we stop listening to stuff like this?

1) That's not factual, we can wait 2 days to have solid evidence on the character

2) I don't think it will help construct a discussion if all we do is wait until Nairo says something good about the character and base our discussion on it. Even if he has an opinion on the character, the time they played them (probably less than 12 hours) is imo not sufficient to advance anything constructive in any discussion, especially when he doesn't go in depth and only give short, evasive answers.
Its not factual obviously but I have a better idea than those who've only watched a 4 player FFA and saying things lol. I said FIRST IMPRESSIONS a lot for a reason because it can change over the course of time once more things have been figured out. From what I've played though Corrin suffers something similar to Robin, aka recovery. Bair helps but if you get spiked the upb height isn't too great and bair wouldn't help under the stage. Corrin is strong though saying he/she can possibly be worse than ike isn't even bad. He/she has some tricks and have good KB moves. I look forward to playing both Bayo/Corrin so I can lab them some more but again it was just first impressions and I definitely think they both will be solid!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Its not factual obviously but I have a better idea than those who've only watched a 4 player FFA and saying things lol. I said FIRST IMPRESSIONS a lot for a reason because it can change over the course of time once more things have been figured out. From what I've played though Corrin suffers something similar to Robin, aka recovery. Bair helps but if you get spiked the upb height isn't too great and bair wouldn't help under the stage. Corrin is strong though saying he/she can possibly be worse than ike isn't even bad. He/she has some tricks and have good KB moves. I look forward to playing both Bayo/Corrin so I can lab them some more but again it was just first impressions and I definitely think they both will be solid!
I'm glad you came on the thread since you're one of the only person that got your hands on the DLC. I was saying that because you were playing and answering chat at the same time, so of course your focus was more on the play.

I have a couple questions if you have the time.
From what you've played:
- Do you think Neutral B is a useful move overall?
- What is the behavior of Side B against shields?
- Can Corrin deal with rushdown?

OceloT42

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1993-9639-0577
How does Dragon Lunge work against shields?
Also, if forced to choose, would you pick Corrin as the best FE character?
+what @PommePatate asked.
Nice seeing you here Nairo!!

Last edited:

Fex13

Smash Apprentice
not being better than ike would worry me, since ike isn't even good. he is decent, but not a real real contender. if thats the impression, corrin might have some major flaws. but we'll see.

Nairo

Banned via Administration
I'm glad you came on the thread since you're one of the only person that got your hands on the DLC. I was saying that because you were playing and answering chat at the same time, so of course your focus was more on the play.

I have a couple questions if you have the time.
From what you've played:
- Do you think Neutral B is a useful move overall?
- What is the behavior of Side B against shields?
- Can Corrin deal with rushdown?
Neutral B was pretty good to just throw out. The shorter the charge the faster the 2nd animation lasts (the dragon fang bite thing lolol). Charging it the whole way will give it the giant bite animation but I like the move! Hitting someones full shield with the full charge NB broke it after the bite (can be dodged by rolling after the paralyzer most likely tho but if they don't then that can happen)!

It just attacks their shield like a normal move and they can release/ try to punish you. But you can kick away before they get to you if I remember correctly, it is pretty fast/strong KB move too. The tip without lunging it too the ground may do more shield damage though (Not sure if you meant if you lunge into the ground or not so I just said something about both). For the most part in the matches people just jump above it so it wasn't often that I hit a shield with it, so I apologize if I'm a bit wrong about the shield damage part and stuff.

Corrin has range so it is possible, may depend on the character and how well they can rushdown. His/her nair is very good at keeping away/hitting people who like to rush in a lot. Back air is pretty good too since it gives you the little push so you can do like bair close to ground that you still have the push -> ftilt/dtilt/utilt if they jump. Also counter is pretty good if they like chasing you in the air/offstage since it sends them up it can definitely land some KOs especially with rage!

OceloT42 OceloT42 Hmm maybe Ike might be the best but I can see Corrin potentially being the strongest when more things are found out. Would be cool for Corrin to be though! Hype to mess around with her and Bayo and see if I can come up with any neat things!

OceloT42

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1993-9639-0577
Neutral B was pretty good to just throw out. The shorter the charge the faster the 2nd animation lasts (the dragon fang bite thing lolol). Charging it the whole way will give it the giant bite animation but I like the move! Hitting someones full shield with the full charge NB broke it after the bite (can be dodged by rolling after the paralyzer most likely tho but if they don't then that can happen)!

It just attacks their shield like a normal move and they can release/ try to punish you. But you can kick away before they get to you if I remember correctly, it is pretty fast/strong KB move too. The tip without lunging it too the ground may do more shield damage though (Not sure if you meant if you lunge into the ground or not so I just said something about both). For the most part in the matches people just jump above it so it wasn't often that I hit a shield with it, so I apologize if I'm a bit wrong about the shield damage part and stuff.

Corrin has range so it is possible, may depend on the character and how well they can rushdown. His/her nair is very good at keeping away/hitting people who like to rush in a lot. Back air is pretty good too since it gives you the little push so you can do like bair close to ground that you still have the push -> ftilt/dtilt/utilt if they jump. Also counter is pretty good if they like chasing you in the air/offstage since it sends them up it can definitely land some KOs especially with rage!

OceloT42 OceloT42 Hmm maybe Ike might be the best but I can see Corrin potentially being the strongest when more things are found out. Would be cool for Corrin to be though! Hype to mess around with her and Bayo and see if I can come up with any neat things!
Just wanted to check if sticking DL into the ground acted as a grab.
Really hyped now.
Thanks for taking the time Nairo Nairo !!

Zult

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zultie

Wow that's mostly everything I wanted to know about. You said no combo throws but I worry if you didn't see if Corrin's back throw combos at low percents since it seems to have little knockbock. And down throw doesn't kill like up throw? Down throw seemed to have a ton of KB at low percents so I thought it might kill. Up throw killing super late is kinda disappointing but at least Corrin has something unlike Fox or Ike. Thanks for answering some of our questions by the way

Only one day left c:

Last edited:

OceloT42

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1993-9639-0577
Wow that's mostly everything I wanted to know about. You said no combo throws but I worry if you didn't see if Corrin's back throw combos at low percents since it seems to have little knockbock. And down throw doesn't kill like up throw? Down throw seemed to have a ton of KB at low percents so I thought it might kill. Up throw killing super late is kinda disappointing but at least Corrin has something unlike Fox or Ike. Thanks for answering some of our questions by the way

Only one day left c:
I'm certain there's a throw like Corrin's down throw,in which it has large KB but pathetic scaling, so it doesn't kill.
Can't remember whose though...

Top Boss

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PizzaMonkey24
3DS FC
2449-5103-4580

Only one day left c:
Ike has a great set of throws lol. But anyway, I didn't really expect Corrin(and Bayonetta, I guess) to have a promising set of throws, since the only DLC characters to get a lot of mileage off of throws so far are Lucas and Mewtwo(2 out of 7 characters lol).

^Ness' forward throw has high base KB but bad KBG, to answer your question.

Last edited:

Zult

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zultie
Ike has a great set of throws lol. But anyway, I didn't really expect Corrin(and Bayonetta, I guess) to have a promising set of throws, since the only DLC characters to get a lot of mileage off of throws so far are Lucas and Mewtwo(2 out of 7 characters lol).

^Ness' forward throw has high base KB but bad KBG, to answer your question.
I'm talking about at super high percents. You're not really worried about dying from a grab by either of them.

OceloT42

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1993-9639-0577
Eh, I'm fine with Marth's Uthrow. After maining him for a while, you sorta get used to rage Uthrowing when they're at 150% and thinking nothing of it.
Corrin looks like he has good enough options so it won't come down to throwing.
I wonder how his gimping game is?

Top Boss

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PizzaMonkey24
3DS FC
2449-5103-4580
I'm talking about at super high percents. You're not really worried about dying from a grab by either of them.
To an extent. Ike having a forward AND back throw that send at a low angle is pretty amazing, not to mention that forward throw's animation is super quick. This sort of applies to Fox as well. They basically sacrifice raw kill power for positional advantage, which tends to confirm to a kill anyway(especially in Fox's case, since he's great at catching landings and covering ledge options).

Uhhhh. I guess Corrin could gimp with back air, but I don't expect her offstage game to be amazing, due to her recovery and the vertical KB in most of her moves.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It just attacks their shield like a normal move and they can release/ try to punish you. But you can kick away before they get to you if I remember correctly, it is pretty fast/strong KB move too. The tip without lunging it too the ground may do more shield damage though (Not sure if you meant if you lunge into the ground or not so I just said something about both).
Yeah I was wondering if Dragon Lunge into the ground was a command grab or a punishable move that you don't want to throw often. It's great to know you can escape the punish.

Thank you for taking the time to reply!

Mr_Kreep3r

Smash Apprentice
To an extent. Ike having a forward AND back throw that send at a low angle is pretty amazing, not to mention that forward throw's animation is super quick. This sort of applies to Fox as well. They basically sacrifice raw kill power for positional advantage, which tends to confirm to a kill anyway(especially in Fox's case, since he's great at catching landings and covering ledge options).

Uhhhh. I guess Corrin could gimp with back air, but I don't expect her offstage game to be amazing, due to her recovery and the vertical KB in most of her moves.
Corrin's backthrow might have this apsect to it, but we don't know about foward throw until tomorrow.

Halifax?

Smash Apprentice
NNID
WhataTreeBark
Dragon Lance sticking to walls may be good for you folk who are actually good at Smash Bros., but I can already see many different size boots coming down on my head in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom