• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I'm going to take a million selfies and pics with it. I'm so excited. It shall become my baby.
Selfie? I'm not a big fan of selfie, but I will love to see that cut plushie.

YES!!!! 2000th posts! Man! What a posts!

:4mario::4mario::4mario::4mario::4mario::4mario::4mario::4mario::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina::rosalina:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I'm okay with her current voice, but I like her Kane's voice. It fits her the best.
Her current voice is a disaster. Makes her sound totally like Peach in every way, especially without the echo in her voice. Kane's voice is okay but neither of those two are nothing compared to her old voice from the Mario Galaxy games and Mario Kart Wii. Her old one really fits her the best, not Kane's, even though she is the closest thing to Rose, and certainly not Laura.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Laura literally sounds the exact same as Mercedes when you give her the same echo effect/remove it from Mercedes (try it if you don't believe me).

That's why those two are my favourites of the three - they do the exact same voice.

It's just the voice direction in MP10 that's a problem at times.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Her current voice is a disaster. Makes her sound totally like Peach in every way, especially without the echo in her voice. Kane's voice is okay but neither of those two are nothing compared to her old voice from the Mario Galaxy games and Mario Kart Wii. Her old one really fits her the best, not Kane's, even though she is the closest thing to Rose, and certainly not Laura.
Hm.. I know you are irritated to her current voice because it sound too similar to Peach, I agreed her current voice is too high pitched, especially in MK8. But I have no against to her current voice though.
Her first voice is probably the one that makes her a true goddess. Is it legit for her to have different voice in space and in Mario's world?

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Hm.. I know you are irritated to her current voice because it sound too similar to Peach, I agreed her current voice is too high pitched, especially in MK8. But I have no against to her current voice though.
Her first voice is probably the one that makes her a true goddess. Is it legit for her to have different voice in space and in Mario's world?
It's because she really is a true goddess or enchantress with her first voice and the echo makes her sound amazing. In fact, that's the main reason why I became so fond of her in the first place and the reason why I said **** the whole Mario cast in favor of her. And I agree her voice in Mario Party 10 is really 10 times worse.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Laura literally sounds the exact same as Mercedes when you give her the same echo effect/remove it from Mercedes (try it if you don't believe me).

That's why those two are my favourites of the three - they do the exact same voice.

It's just the voice direction in MP10 that's a problem at times.
I'm sorry to revive this again , but i cannot stand what's not true...

Girly(Laura)
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0mM9QZVc3AY

Cool (Mercedes)
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0RVW7VSFdL9

exact same quote , both with echo and yet it's 100% different.

The closest thing to Mercedes was Kerri Kane

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1uKLF5R84oM

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1wwRjp2YgH8

Almost exactly the same.

Not up to debate , defending Laura's voice in comparison to Mercedes is just not going to go anywhere

And not to mention that Mercedes voice naturally sounds Just like that , with/without the echo she has a cool , deep and mature voice ; Which means that not even with the effect it will make Laura's voice any better , as proven.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
It's because she really is a true goddess or enchantress with her first voice and the echo makes her sound amazing. In fact, that's the main reason why I became so fond of her in the first place and the reason why I said **** the whole Mario cast in favor of her. And I agree her voice in Mario Party 10 is really 10 times worse.
I like her echo voice too....
Well, we'll see if they will change voice in the future games or not.

Cool (Mercedes)

Girly(Laura)

Almost exactly the same.

Not up to debate , defending Laura's voice in comparison to Mercedes is just not going to anywhere
I do feel Kane's voice is so similar to Mercedes, but she sounds younger...

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Girly(Laura)

Cool (Mercedes)

Almost exactly the same.

Not up to debate , defending Laura's voice in comparison to Mercedes is just not going to go anywhere
Laura literally has a "Yeesss..." quote just like that in Mario Party 10. Stop being selective and biased with your examples.

She does it whenever she strikes this pose (it's her "Ready for Battle" pose in the game):

Not gonna take it any further than that, just pointing out bias where I see it.

Also, even the Laura quote you did use there really wasn't very girly.

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Laura literally has a "Yeesss..." quote just like that in Mario Party 10. Stop being selective and biased with your examples.

She does it whenever she strikes this pose (it's her "Ready for Battle" pose in the game):

Not gonna take it any further than that, just pointing out bias where I see it.
No arguments , No taking you seriously.

I have heard it , and it's just too whispery and You may even know that , her ''Yes'' is completely covered by the sounds of the rest of the casts when they are beggining the game!

And it's still different! LOL

Natural talent is Natural , And Mercedes Rose doesn't need to ''be compared'' to prove that she is clearly superior.

The same way Laura's voice doesn't need any echo because it would still be HIGH PITCHED , Peachy , Girly , Wacky , Whispery , too loud , you name it , there's tons of adjetives for it.

As always , i'm with proof while others aren't ... too funny that this has happened like 6 times already.

and ''bad voice direction'' is a silly excuse.

Yeah! All the characters sound literally consistent but IT IS ROSALINA who casually sounds really awkward... suuuuuureeee riightt .... sarcasm/

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
If they can give Laura the echo in her voice and make her more calm and mature like Rosalina is supposed to be in future games, then I'll approve of her performance.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Yeah! All the characters sound literally consistent but IT IS ROSALINA who casually sounds really awkward... suuuuuureeee riightt .... sarcasm/
How is that strange in the slightest? Charles Martinet has been doing his role as Mario for TWO DECADES. Of course he sounds consistent, and the other voice actors for the other characters have been there for a long time too.

Rosalina is still pretty new, so yeah, they'd still be trying to find a direction for her going forward, especially since lately, the games she's appeared in have all been very different in tone and style. Laura Faye has not even been doing Rosalina for two years yet. Cut her some slack, sheesh. It's quite clear she still isn't sure how the character should be portrayed. Sometimes she's spot on, sometimes she's too girly. She isn't girly all of the time. Kerri Kane also had these inconsistencies, as did Mercedes. They sounded incredibly girly at points too.

You're literally just trying to make one actress look bad to make the other two look better. If they were as perfect as you say, you wouldn't need to do that. So stop. You're not helping your argument, and you're coming off as highly disrespectful, ignorant, and just an overall nuisance.

-------

To steer away from that - I forgot to post these the other day, but I actually got MP10 the other day. Rosalina's a beaut in it, as ever:

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
How is that strange in the slightest? Charles Martinet has been doing his role as Mario for TWO DECADES. Of course he sounds consistent, and the other voice actors for the other characters have been there for a long time too.

Rosalina is still pretty new, so yeah, they'd still be trying to find a direction for her going forward, especially since lately, the games she's appeared in have all been very different in tone and style. Laura Faye has not even been doing Rosalina for two years yet. Cut her some slack, sheesh. It's quite clear she still isn't sure how the character should be portrayed. Sometimes she's spot on, sometimes she's too girly. She isn't girly all of the time. Kerri Kane also had these inconsistencies, as did Mercedes. They sounded incredibly girly at points too.

You're literally just trying to make one actress look bad to make the other two look better. If they were as perfect as you say, you wouldn't need to do that. So stop. You're not helping your argument, and you're coming off as highly disrespectful, ignorant, and just an overall nuisance.
Sure , sure.

So tell me , why Princess Peach voice is literally the same since 1999 , and yet it's been provided by 3 different actresses at that point??? Jen , Nicole , Sam , all sound pretty much the same.

Ahh ... because consistency.

Daisy too , she cycled through voices until she sticked to one for more than a decade.

Rosalina is almost a decade old , with 8 years this year and yet she is being slowly changed , with 0 consistency....

Oh and let's never forget how they obviously tried to make it consistent by hiring Kerri Kane , with echo and coolness included.

And that the only Reason that Rosalina has a 3rd voice is because Kerri couldn't stay , totally not because she wasn't a good reemplacement , which pretty much makes Laura a last minute addition.

Insulting ? all i hear is ''i don't have an argument so i'm going to nitpick''.

All in all , it's fine if you have preferences but you claiming that Laura's voice is the same as Mercedes is literally blasphemic and false , and that's why i'm proving you wrong.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I stopped taking your post seriously the moment you said Peach's last three voice actresses sounded consistent.

Listen to Peach in SSBM. Then go to Brawl/Smash 4. The difference is literally night and day. Their delivery is entirely different and implies contrasting things about her (in Melee, she legit sounds like a typical dumb blonde. In Brawl/Smash 4, she has more sass to her and quotes such as "Aw, did I win?" actually come across as ironic from her).

So yeah, drop it. You're the one making false statements here.

Get over your Mercedes Rose/Kerri Kane obsession. All three of Rosalina's voice actresses were great, but all three of them flawed and had inconsistencies, though the overall portrayal of the character they gave between them was pretty consistent (divine, cool goddess who gets a little bit giddy on occasion when she's go-karting - something that's canonically stated as somewhat of a guilty pleasure of Rosalina's - it makes sense for her to get a bit giddy when karting or partaking in similarly fun and light hearted activities).

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
The voice argument again? Can we please put that to rest, as it's getting old and repetitive now.
Totally.

@sonicbrawler182 If that helps you sleep at night ; Dont' get so worked out , it's common to be wrong , for like 5 times .

You call me obssesive , when you are the one constantly having fantasies with a fictional female character and completely supporting horrible material for her.

LEGIT

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Totally.

@sonicbrawler182 If that helps you sleep at night ; Dont' get so worked out , it's common to be wrong , for like 5 times .

You call me obssesive , when you are the one constantly having fantasies with a fictional female character and completely supporting horrible material for her.

LEGIT
If you have issues with me supporting "horrible material" of her, you can take that to PM, though I frankly probably won't respond, especially with how delusional you've been acting thus far.

Also, I'd rather you not accuse me of "constantly having fantasies of a fictional character" because quite frankly, it's not your place to make incredibly false assumptions about how I spend my time, nor is it your place to pass judgement upon me over it.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
If you have issues with me supporting "horrible material" of her, you can take that to PM, though I frankly probably won't respond, especially with how delusional you've been acting thus far.

Also, I'd rather you not accuse me of "constantly having fantasies of a fictional character" because quite frankly, it's not your place to make incredibly false assumptions about how I spend my time, nor is it your place to pass judgement upon me over it.
I apologize.

I didn't need to get carried away , even if i wasn't up for a discussion.

Your opinion is your bussiness , and your hobbies are your bussiness , and i'm certainly not the person to point out fingers .

So i'm sorry if i offended you ; we agree to disagree .

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
@ Swiftie_Muggle Swiftie_Muggle & @ ChikoLad ChikoLad : This is a final warning for both of you. After this post, if you continue to argue over Rosalina's voice actors, you will be infracted. I've let this argument slide for too long, and it's time to let it go now.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I apologize.

I didn't need to get carried away , even if i wasn't up for a discussion.

Your opinion is your bussiness , and your hobbies are your bussiness , and i'm certainly not the person to point out fingers .

So i'm sorry if i offended you ; we agree to disagree .
That's fine, no harm done.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Yikes... I leave for like an hour to watch rerun episodes of NCIS on USA and then I come back here and this happens? Damn!

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Anyway, been trying to learn Olimar. Should help me patch up some weaknesses I have. It helps that their both more defensive based and have a focus on stage control.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I've often considered Olimar to be a very tough character to use right, since a lot of his attacks involve the use of his Pikmin. And since each Pikmin varies in power, that can either make KOing things easier, or harder.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
She can be a mix of both, depending on your playstyle. For some fighters, you might want to go the opportunist road.
A Paradigm Shifter is specifically a fighter that constantly changes up it's style depending on the situation at hand.

Since Rosalina has Luma, she can set up tons of formations built for different things, like offense, defense, mix-ups, pressure, juggles, combos, etc.

So it isn't really a match up specific thing. You're simply not using Rosalina to her fullest if you don't understand and utilise the concept of paradigms. You shouldn't play Rosalina the same way for too long in any situation.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
The "opportunist road" is how I play Rosalina. I'm not one of the many Rosalina users who plays her defensively.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I play offensive with Luma, and defensive without(works on For Glory Falcon and Mewtwo players).

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Playing on the offensive with and without Luma is how I ride with her. Should've mentioned that one sooner.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
If they can give Laura the echo in her voice and make her more calm and mature like Rosalina is supposed to be in future games, then I'll approve of her performance.
Echo in her voice... I will love to see they include the echo.

-------

To steer away from that - I forgot to post these the other day, but I actually got MP10 the other day. Rosalina's a beaut in it, as ever:

Wow! She looks gorgeous!
The voice argument again? Can we please put that to rest, as it's getting old and repetitive now.
Yeah, just how many times had we argue about this...
It's okay to express our own viewpoints, but argue a small thing isn't worth it.
Yikes... I leave for like an hour to watch rerun episodes of NCIS on USA and then I come back here and this happens? Damn!
I had the same feel as you when I come back from school and see this...
Anyway, been trying to learn Olimar. Should help me patch up some weaknesses I have. It helps that their both more defensive based and have a focus on stage control.
Recently, I give up on using Olimar, he isn't a character for me...

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Uh... I didn't the soilerbpost on your post. Did you delete it?

Yeah, feels like Rosalina's face is "censored" for somehow reasons.
I deleted it because i hesitated , or whatever you spell that , and regret uploading it ... then M&S guy quoted it :/...

I made a mistake sharing it , and that's why i deleted it.

Anyway , i did my first Custom Texture hack , is a Banner edit.

It says ''The stars are watching''

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Looks like a jigsaw puzzle if you asked me.
mosaic art to be exact?
I deleted it because i hesitated , or whatever you spell that , and regret uploading it ... then M&S guy quoted it :/...

Why hesitate? I think that Rosalina mosaic art looks great!
Now that's one cool Rosalina board.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037

Why were you so bothered by what M&SG said about your art that you had to delete it? I wouldn't give a **** what anyone says about my works of art.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Why were you so bothered by what M&SG said about your art that you had to delete it? I wouldn't give a **** what anyone says about my works of art.
No no , you don't understand.
I'm saying that he quoted it to reply to me , causing it to be stuck in the page even if i delete it.
I also am not going to explain why i deleted it , so please don't assume anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom