• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
@ Swiftie_Muggle Swiftie_Muggle : I didn't mean to make you look bad by quoting the post that originally had your work on it. I thought you just wanted to show your work to us.
Again , it's not like that xD

But i think it's appropiate to say the reason.

Basically , i'm kinda embarassed with this things , the Big things i mean. When i draw and such , sharing my drawings made me uncomfortable and shy , but i got over it. Big things like that big painting, however , makes me feel a little shy when i share it , even though it's not a feedback problem , i appreacite any , good or bad.

So i regreted posting it and delete it quickly , and that's it.

But thanks for your concern and sorry for the misunderstanding.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Why were you so bothered by what M&SG said about your art that you had to delete it? I wouldn't give a **** what anyone says about my works of art.
That's a lot of squares there.
M&G's comment isn't offended at all either.
No matter what is your motive of deleting it. It is indeed your freedom to to it anyway.

Edit:

Basically , i'm kinda embarassed with this things , the Big things i mean. When i draw and such , sharing my drawings made me uncomfortable and shy , but i got over it. Big things like that big painting, however , makes me feel a little shy when i share it , even though it's not a feedback problem , i appreacite any , good or bad.

Didn't see this post...

Well here's an advice: Be open! Don't be shy! :)

Last edited:

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298

But your art is so AMAZING!! Don't be so timid about it. Look, I used to be an artist and I could draw really well, but when it came to showing my art, I was very private about it. I let no one see it... However, later on I decided I needed to open up and share, otherwise I wouldn't be able to take criticism from others in the future, good or bad. Sharing your drawings may be challenging as it can bring up uncomfortable feelings, but if you don't tackle on those feelings, they will get worse over time.

Take this, from someone who had their dreams and passions about art lost long ago. Think on it.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
But your art is so AMAZING!! Don't be so timid about it. Look, I used to be an artist and I could draw really well, but when it came to showing my art, I was very private about it. I let no one see it... However, later on I decided I needed to open up and share, otherwise I wouldn't be able to take criticism from others in the future, good or bad. Sharing your drawings may be challenging as it can bring up uncomfortable feelings, but if you don't tackle on those feelings, they will get worse over time.

Take this, from someone who had their dreams and passions about art lost long ago. Think on it.
You were used to be an artist? I would love to see your artwork too @ Shirma Akayaku Shirma Akayaku .

Just don't be shy to show your work, if you think it's worth of showing, the do it!

And I recently registered a reddit account, gosh, I need to take some time to know how to use it... and I have to wait for minutes to make another comment!

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
You were used to be an artist? I would love to see your artwork too @ Shirma Akayaku Shirma Akayaku .

Just don't be shy to show your work, if you think it's worth of showing, the do it!

And I recently registered a reddit account, gosh, I need to take some time to know how to use it... and I have to wait for minutes to make another comment!
I might post an example later on. I'd need to scan in my art to my computer. Also, I'm not really shy at all about my art. It's only if it's personal or nsfw.

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886

Thank you so much.

I really really appreciate your words , i really do. Sometimes i feel really uneasy about it and that's something that needs to change.
I'm gonna be mre confident about my things from now on. Also , i'm kinda sad to hear that you lost your dreams and passions about art ... i think you shouldn't just let it go , never let go something you are really passionate about.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Thank you so much.

I really really appreciate your words , i really do. Sometimes i feel really uneasy about it and that's something that needs to change.
I'm gonna be mre confident about my things from now on. Also , i'm kinda sad to hear that you lost your dreams and passions about art ... i think you shouldn't just let it go , never let go something you are really passionate about.
I'm really glad my words helped you. :) I'd never want anyone to experience the vicious cycle I went through when I was an artist.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I might post an example later on. I'd need to scan in my art to my computer. Also, I'm not really shy at all about my art. It's only if it's personal or nsfw.
Sure, looking forward to see it. :)
Retextures of Mario Raceway ... slowly turning into Rosalina Raceway! Nightime added!

Call this Rosalina raceway indeed! Even the sky fits her so well!

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Oh man... recently registered reddit account but accidentally type the wrong password and forgot to verify the address! I have no choice but to give up mario123007 user name, my user name on reddit is mario123007SB

Tali vas Normandy

Smash Apprentice
Retextures of Mario Raceway ... slowly turning into Rosalina Raceway! Nightime added!

Rosalina Take over <3
It does look amazing.
everything fits so well with the night theme

Oh man... recently registered reddit account but accidentally type the wrong password and forgot to verify the address! I have no choice but to give up mario123007 user name, my user name on reddit is mario123007SB
Maybe you can dig through your emails and find the verification email?

I recently signed up for a reddit account too and thought i had a problem not receiving the email itself. but the problem was me not checking my junk folder :p

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Rosalina Take over <3
It does look amazing.
everything fits so well with the night theme

Maybe you can dig through your emails and find the verification email?

I recently signed up for a reddit account too and thought i had a problem not receiving the email itself. but the problem was me not checking my junk folder :p
Thanks for your help, but like I said, I made a long password that I had thought I can easily remember. I register the account at my school's computer classroom. I typed it on Word to make sure, but I was too stupid to recheck it. My school PC resets itself everytime you turn it off. So I can't go and find the password when I noticed that I had mistype the password.
Yes I did found that verification, but it needs the old password to verify it...

So the mario123007 is abandoned forever on reddit...

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
It's finished!
The effects are changed so it looks like a cold night and new banner ads are added!

New banners include: Women of Mario Kart AD , Cyan Shell AD and better textures in all the places to make it better. All Banners made by me.

Last edited:

Mr.Sile

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dorvillo
Hi Rosalina boards!

I wanted to receive some critique on my Rosalina play. I'm still subpar so please be honest, I take advice with open wands (about how much I roll, what's wrong with me, why I'm bad and why I lose so much.) All gameplay here is playable in HD 60fps so please enjoy.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Can't tell if this video is being sarcastic or not. I don't appreciate him calling her the S word.
It's meant to be a Rosalina mains pride song, as such.

The derogatory lines are from the perspective of her naysayers.

The guy who made it is a huge Rosalina fan. Just look at him in my sig...

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
It's meant to be a Rosalina mains pride song, as such.

The derogatory lines are from the perspective of her naysayers.

The guy who made it is a huge Rosalina fan. Just look at him in my sig...
He is?
I really wonder which video is your sig from.
What in tarnation!? Too many balls! lol
Yeah... It gives me the creeps...

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
With the Splatoon direct coming, I'm hoping for confirmation of the smash amiibos being able to be used! (Specifically Rosalina. :3 ) Doubt it, but would be cool to see. :D

HanAmes

Smash Ace
It died.

Cause of death : being ''meh''
Mario...! NOOOOO...! Eh, oh well...but the Rosalina Course is such a brilliant work of art, especially at night time. Nice job! Kudos, indeed.:)

Edit: Sorry for the double post. My computer is a little slow, and accidentally posted twice, even though I clicked once.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
With the Splatoon direct coming, I'm hoping for confirmation of the smash amiibos being able to be used! (Specifically Rosalina. :3 ) Doubt it, but would be cool to see. :D
I will be hyped overloaded if they confirm Inklings as DLC costums in Smash Bros...for even better, DLC character. Maybe not...
It died.

Cause of death : being ''meh''
I like Mario raceway...but hey, there's every course for Mario in every Mario Kart games, so I'm fine with it.
Mario...! NOOOOO...! Eh, oh well...but the Rosalina Course is such a brilliant work of art, especially at night time. Nice job! Kudos, indeed.:)

Edit: Sorry for the double post. My computer is a little slow, and accidentally posted twice, even though I clicked once.
Yeah, sometimes you will be impatient and accidentally click twice.

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
Hi Rosalina boards!

I wanted to receive some critique on my Rosalina play. I'm still subpar so please be honest, I take advice with open wands (about how much I roll, what's wrong with me, why I'm bad and why I lose so much.) All gameplay here is playable in HD 60fps so please enjoy.

I feel you probably grab too much, especially when there isn't really an opening. Grabs can be beaten out by attacks, so should only really be used when you know your opponent's probably going to shield/ counter, typically as they expect a punish.
You roll quite a bit unnecessarily, when running would have been faster.
Also, I don't think you're using nair correctly. It can be very safe, but should typically be used to maximise the area occupied by her hitboxes. It's primarily a spacing move, and to some extent, nair isn't supposed to hit your opponent. You're using it as a follow-up which isn't a good idea.
Rarely use fair as fair. It can be LL'd, but other than that, it has very few applications. (It can sometimes be used to surprise your opponent from the ledge, but it's very risky.) When edgeguarding, you have better moves with less endlag to hit them with.
On that note, you should edgeguard more. You frequently just stay near the ledge, waiting for them to recover. Instead, try to gimp them. Rosalina's got one of the best recoveries in the game, so you can quite safely fall quite far, whilst still being able to recover. Jump out and throw a couple of bair's maybe. Or use Luma Shot followed by dair. Even if you miss, you're harassing your opponent, possible causing them to make a mistake.
Also probably use GP less. It's a good move, but with a significant amount of endlag, and should only really be used reasonably far from your opponent.
Charging Luma Shot is usually a bad idea, as it just gives them an easy read. It's quite unlikely to actually hit, and after throwing him out you need to call him back again, slowing you down.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom