• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tali vas Normandy

Smash Apprentice
Wow , imagine if it was blue/cyan/turquise.
I'll keep those colors in mind when i start working on another car.
I kinda ran out of ideas for that truck but I feel like i could do something cool with a Supra or something like that.
I'd rob a bank for that, if they actually made those. :awesome:
I would join NASCAR if it meant i got to drive a car with Rosalina face on it :D

and I dislike Nascar :p

Last edited:

Tali vas Normandy

Smash Apprentice
*Thinks of a bunch of people in Rosalina outfits robbing a bank*

Sounds totally worth it :p

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Yep, and put all of the hostages in Rosalina outfits to confuse the authorities as well. And just imagine Miamoto seeing that on the news...
It's Miyamoto.
Wow...nice play.... but why do you need hostages when you already robbed the bank?

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
My bad on the spelling...

We don't. I was referring to 'in the process of,' in case things go wrong, where we could potentially have a fail safe.
Okay...got it.

Edit:
Urgh.. I'm starting to get worried about my Youtube/Google account recently, first, I noticed that a chunk of my recent subscription videos just suddenly vanished... videos still coming, and my history is okay. i had also noticed a number of Youtube video thumbnail are blank...
未命名.png

When I go check my Google account status, I noticed that my account login with iPhone a few days ago...I had never bought an iPhone. So I am now busying changing my Google password.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
More Mario Party 10 stuff:

Under da sea!

"Bowser is stealing Power Stars? Not my problem..."

There's a universe hiding under there...

POOOOF!

"Nice to....umm....meet you...."

The stars, man....the staaaars..."

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Mario Party 10. I haven't played it in like a month. I might as well go back to it later.

Remind me to turn on my stereo to listen to rap music to shield my ears from Rosalina's horrible voice.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

Under da sea!

POOOOF!

Hehe, funny captions you got there.
Rosalina, obviously beautiful.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Mario party 10 just doesn't seem like a game I should get. Even if I do like Rosalina and want to use her amiibo badly.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Mario party 10 just doesn't seem like a game I should get. Even if I do like Rosalina and want to use her amiibo badly.
It really depends, I suppose.

If you have people to play with often, absolutely get it. It's kind of a no-brainer. The mini-games are some of the best in the series, and I honestly think the car system is fine in this game. It's still quite chaotic and they fixed it so that mini games happen more frequently. And Amiibo Party plays like a more traditional Mario Party, and even has "Tokens" that work like items from the old ones.

If you don't have anyone to play with and don't think you'll have anyone to play with in the near future, I'd skip it and get it at a cheaper price when you do have someone to play with. There are some fun achievements to chase after that are best done in single player for the most part, but the game isn't worth buying for the single player alone, even if it is better than the likes of Mario Kart 8 for that.

I got it mainly because I found the bundle with the Mario Amiibo for cheap and I was feeling down after a miserable Wave 4 Smash Amiibo hunt, but I've been enjoying the single player well enough, and I should have people to play with over the summer.

HanAmes

Smash Ace

Under da sea!

POOOOF!

I honestly like her action pose at the start of mini games. She looks so serious, like 'It's on like Donkey Kong!'
Rosie Action Pose.jpg

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Her bang so sharp she gonna cut somebody.
Sometimes I can see her right eye under the bang in some MP10 screenshots.
It's glad to see Rosalina look more prettier now, I barely can't tell this is Rosalina from the original SMG. Time goes so fast...

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I'm always glad when characters get new artwork and Rosalina's is especially amazing. So cute. <3

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
And yet Rosalina has a super cute smile for her Mario Party 10 artwork. Rosalina should smile more often, as it makes her feel more lovable.
She's already lovable in every way, whether she's all smiles like blowing kisses in front of a sold out crowd or as serious as an officer looking for justice. At least, that's how I see it in her.

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
Hi Rosalina boards!

I wanted to receive some critique on my Rosalina play. I'm still subpar so please be honest, I take advice with open wands (about how much I roll, what's wrong with me, why I'm bad and why I lose so much.) All gameplay here is playable in HD 60fps so please enjoy.

It's hard to tell what someone's gameplan is vs what was an accident etc but just 2 small things from the little I saw was
You don't have to commit to a get up attack off the ground with rosa ever, you can input a luma attack and keep the invincibility and speed of a roll or standard get up when you're on the ground. Not that the punish was that big in the 1st match but just in case you dunno that exists.
And 2nd thing is more of a question, how come you use fthrow so much against dedede? Stage positioning? Cause dthrow followups can do a lot of damage on heavies, Dedede is pretty easy to juggle. He's not easy to gimp tho. And if you want to use any throw just for damage I'm pretty sure bthrow does the most, it usually does. If they don't react fast enough, dthrow up air up air can kill at crazy percents
Didn't see the 3rd one btw
Looked pretty solid tho

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
I honestly never saw Rosalina as 1 dimensional (with just one side of a personality) , like many liked to say. The thing that i liked the most about her is how realistically she was when she was happy. Most People don't go 'OMG YAAAAAYYYY '' Ala Princess Daisy (for example) when something good happens , they most likely are Happy and Composed , like Rosalina was in Mario Kart Wii and Galaxy .

Her really composed behavior was truly a break from all the ''Yahhooo!'' '' Yayyy!! '' ''Sweet!'' ''YESSSS!'' ''Wheeee!'' ''Yipee'' etc...
From the rest of the characters , not anymore i suppouse hehe.

A theory i have is that Rosalina , is now echo-less , because she now resides somewhere near the Mushroom Kingdom (so she can hang out with the Mario cast) , so she is not in Space and subsequently became more normal.

Last edited:

Mr.Sile

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dorvillo
It's hard to tell what someone's gameplan is vs what was an accident etc but just 2 small things from the little I saw was
You don't have to commit to a get up attack off the ground with rosa ever, you can input a luma attack and keep the invincibility and speed of a roll or standard get up when you're on the ground. Not that the punish was that big in the 1st match but just in case you dunno that exists.
And 2nd thing is more of a question, how come you use fthrow so much against dedede? Stage positioning? Cause dthrow followups can do a lot of damage on heavies, Dedede is pretty easy to juggle. He's not easy to gimp tho. And if you want to use any throw just for damage I'm pretty sure bthrow does the most, it usually does. If they don't react fast enough, dthrow up air up air can kill at crazy percents
Didn't see the 3rd one btw
Looked pretty solid tho
Can you further explain your first point, I'm not sure I understand but I want to.

On the second point, I don't know, I think I lack knowledge on the DDD matchup so that's why I lost. Thanks for the suggestion, I'll try to B-throw more but I was just aiming to keep stage control, maybe. I noticed I fell for the same traps in that match but hopefully, I'll improve in that aspect.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I honestly never saw Rosalina as 1 dimensional (with just one side of a personality) , like many liked to say. The thing that i liked the most about her is how realistically she was when she was happy. Most People don't go 'OMG YAAAAAYYYY '' Ala Princess Daisy (for example) when something good happens , they most likely are Happy and Composed , like Rosalina was in Mario Kart Wii and Galaxy .

Her really composed behavior was truly a break from all the ''Yahhooo!'' '' Yayyy!! '' ''Sweet!'' ''YESSSS!'' ''Wheeee!'' ''Yipee'' etc...
From the rest of the characters , not anymore i suppouse hehe.

A theory i have is that Rosalina , is now echo-less , because she now resides somewhere near the Mushroom Kingdom (so she can hang out with the Mario cast) , so she is not in Space and subsequently became more normal.
Nintendo hasn't exactly been doing a good job of keeping Rosalina the way she's supposed to be like. But we do need to remember that Miyamoto was originally against Rosalina's inclusion in the first Super Mario Galaxy, since he focuses way more on gameplay than an actual story for a lot of his Super Mario series titles.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Rosalina has been kept the way she's supposed to be just fine. She is the most dimensional character in the series and actually acts differently to different situations, which is how she's supposed to be. While she's generally calm and they screwed up a bit in Mario Party 10 what with her being scared of Bowser and having a few misplaced voice clips, all of her character portrayals have been fine and together they show her as a character with a lot of dimension and agency.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Nintendo hasn't exactly been doing a good job of keeping Rosalina the way she's supposed to be like. But we do need to remember that Miyamoto was originally against Rosalina's inclusion in the first Super Mario Galaxy, since he focuses way more on gameplay than an actual story for a lot of his Super Mario series titles.
Kind of disappointed to hear that Miyamoto originally against her inclusion. But she is now popular right?
Story were never that important in Super Mario games, so adding story isn't a bad thing.
And just as long they don't give her too much changes, I'm fine with that.
Rosalina has been kept the way she's supposed to be just fine. She is the most dimensional character in the series and actually acts differently to different situations, which is how she's supposed to be. While she's generally calm and they screwed up a bit in Mario Party 10 what with her being scared of Bowser and having a few misplaced voice clips, all of her character portrayals have been fine and together they show her as a character with a lot of dimension and agency.
Agreed with your viewpoint :)
I am a bit disappointed about her recent voice that being high pitched, but I do say she looks more prettier recently.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
It's not even the voice overall, it's just certain lines have a messed up delivery.

Laura sounds badass as **** when she wants to/is allowed to.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
It's not even the voice overall, it's just certain lines have a messed up delivery.

Laura sounds badass as **** when she wants to/is allowed to.
Oh...sorry...
And don't say it that bad, I don't want arguments over her voice again...
So which lines are messed up? Examples?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Mainly just a few of them in Mario Party 10 where she sounds like she just won the lottery over some very little things.

And then the big moans she does in Bowser mini-games and what not. Seriously don't get why they did that. The game went a bit too far with over glorifying Bowser at points.

I honestly don't find it too big a deal though. She's still the only character I play as in the game (aside from Bowser Party when I want to be Bowser, and Amiibo Party, because I don't wanna erase my Smash Rosalina Amiibo data, so I use my "Super Mario" Mario Amiibo and Toad Amiibo instead).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom