• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
A 1080p, 60FPS would be nice, though I'm not sure what's different between a 60FPS and a 30FPS.
FPS stands for "frames per second".
60FPS is the fastest frame rate the human eye and brain can process (without things looking like they are "fast-forwarding"), and is the same frame rate a lot of Nintendo games run at, Smash included.

30FPS is half of that. You can still record 60FPS games at that frame rate, but it won't convey those games in their true form. They will look a little choppy compared to the actual game. A lot of games actually do only run at 30FPS, though, so a 30FPS capture card is perfectly fine for them.

I currently own two capture cards myself - the Elgato Game Capture HD, and the AverMedia ExtremeCap U3. I can vouch for the quality of the former, and if you don't have a desire to record 1080p, 60FPS videos, then it's great. And it actually can record 60FPS if the resolution is set to 720p.

I can't pass judgement on the ExtremeCap U3 yet, as I haven't had nearly enough of a chance with it yet. I just bought it ahead of time because it was on sale for a great discount on Amazon UK.

Do keep in mind that you do need certain specs to use these. The Elgato isn't too demanding, but the ExtremeCap needs a farily decent rig, and you NEED a USB 3.0 port.

Capture cards are quite complicated beasts. If you want, send me a PM if you want more info and I'll get back to you as soon as I can (I'm going to sleep now :V).

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
FPS stands for "frames per second".
60FPS is the fastest frame rate the human eye and brain can process (without things looking like they are "fast-forwarding"), and is the same frame rate a lot of Nintendo games run at, Smash included.

30FPS is half of that. You can still record 60FPS games at that frame rate, but it won't convey those games in their true form. They will look a little choppy compared to the actual game. A lot of games actually do only run at 30FPS, though, so a 30FPS capture card is perfectly fine for them.

I currently own two capture cards myself - the Elgato Game Capture HD, and the AverMedia ExtremeCap U3. I can vouch for the quality of the former, and if you don't have a desire to record 1080p, 60FPS videos, then it's great. And it actually can record 60FPS if the resolution is set to 720p.

I can't pass judgement on the ExtremeCap U3 yet, as I haven't had nearly enough of a chance with it yet. I just bought it ahead of time because it was on sale for a great discount on Amazon UK.

Do keep in mind that you do need certain specs to use these. The Elgato isn't too demanding, but the ExtremeCap needs a farily decent rig, and you NEED a USB 3.0 port.

Capture cards are quite complicated beasts. If you want, send me a PM if you want more info and I'll get back to you as soon as I can (I'm going to sleep now :V).
Sure. That'll work. :)

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Rosalina gave me her biker suit today (fresh after she wore it too), but as I raced around the track, I couldn't help but feel...watched... (also I swear this costume makes any Mii look feminine automatically)

Also Rosalina doesn't give a damn about muh Piranha Plants

Also HER KITTY CAT FACE IS ADORABLE WHY ISN'T CAT ROSALINA A COSTUME FOR HER

"Take my hand, little one..."

Also some shots of her amazing booty:

Also this in particular is probably the most magnificent booty shot in all of existence...so...majestic...

Looks fabulous!
Sure. That'll work. :)
Why do you need capture card? Are you gonna make videos?
Rosalina social on the new squidboards if anyone wants to join. :3

http://squidboards.com/threads/the-best-top-tier-waifu-rosalina-social.100/
Squidboards???? It looks so similar to Smashboards! When was this website found? Gonna go join it!

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Awesome! I never new there was a squidboard until today. I just signed up. Is there anyone else who's signed up that I can follow? I'm gonna follow you by the way WaifuRaccoonBL.
Looks fabulous!

Why do you need capture card? Are you gonna make videos?

Squidboards???? It looks so similar to Smashboards! When was this website found? Gonna go join it!
A beta version of the site existed when Splatoon was first announced. Today was the day it became official. The reason it looks similar to smashboards because it is run my some of the same people.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Awesome! Follow me there so I can follow you in return. Send me a friend request when you have the time!

A beta version of the site existed when Splatoon was first announced. Today was the day it became official. The reason it looks similar to smashboards because it is run my some of the same people.
So did you join Squidboards on the same day you joined Smashboards? Did you have to make separate accounts? By the way, have you seen any other people from the Rosalina Smashboards join the Squidboards?

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Awesome! Follow me there so I can follow you in return. Send me a friend request when you have the time!

So did you join Squidboards on the same day you joined Smashboards? Did you have to make separate accounts? By the way, have you seen any other people from the Rosalina Smashboards join the Squidboards?
Are you referring to my date on my profile on squid boards? I linked my account to smashboards so thats why it is like that.

I don't really expect that many people to be there, but a few have.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Oh, well it depends on how you did it probably. I, for example, signed up with my smashboards account.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

Oh man...I didn't noticed that, I want my Squidbaord account to be the same as my Smashboards account date!
Oh, well it depends on how you did it probably. I, for example, signed up with my smashboards account.
WHAT?! You can login with Smashboards account???!!! What should I do if I register an exact same account already? What should I do? How can I remove account?

Edit: Oh wait! Even thoughI made a separate Squidboard account, when I try to login with my Smashboards account, it automatically connect with my new account, but the date is still the same...
Well I linked my account to it, but the profile date is incorrect. Can you check my profile to see if this is the case?
"Sigh" man...

Last edited:

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Oh I see now. You signed up through the login page of squidboards. Well I guess it doesn't matter anymore. It's probably better that my join date is from yesterday since that'd be the official day I joined squidboards and not smashboards.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Oh I see now. You signed up through the login page of squidboards. Well I guess it doesn't matter anymore. It's probably better that my join date is from yesterday since that'd be the official day I joined squidboards and not smashboards.
Did you also noticed that there's a section called API access in your profile setting? I'm wondering what does that do...
This is a much better video of my mod. Also i corrected some quotes and made it perfect.
Next step is texture hacking.
Texture hacking... it's gonna be a big challenge right?

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Texture hacking... it's gonna be a big challenge right?
Only if you lack the proper software tools. For Mario Kart Wii, you need the SZS Modifier if you want to read the ISO's contents.
Wii Scrubber is also another option, but a key.bin is needed, unless you use a key generator. Still, SZS Modifier is the better option since it's better for Mario Kart Wii. I'd only recommend Wii Scrubber if it's for other ISO's besides Mario Kart Wii.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Only if you lack the proper software tools. For Mario Kart Wii, you need the SZS Modifier if you want to read the ISO's contents.
Okay.. kind of technical to me...
Wii Scrubber is also another option, but a key.bin is needed, unless you use a key generator. Still, SZS Modifier is the better option since it's better for Mario Kart Wii. I'd only recommend Wii Scrubber if it's for other ISO's besides Mario Kart Wii.
Wii scrubber? Is that another software to MOD Wii?

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Actually both are useful. WiiScrubber is a pretty quick option for extracting the Main Sound data , so it can be edited with BrawlBox later ; Voices and Music and Sfx are changed like this.

And texture hacking is done by just opening the right file with SZS modifier. Change the PNG with a editing program like Photoshop and replace it .

Wiiscrubber is also a quick option to repack the Modded files and replace the original with your's and have the game ready to go.

I would say that , hacking MKWii in this points is a lot less tedious than doing it with MKDS. Also i like the Wii results way more for obvious reasons.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Actually both are useful. WiiScrubber is a pretty quick option for extracting the Main Sound data , so it can be edited with BrawlBox later ; Voices and Music and Sfx are changed like this.

And texture hacking is done by just opening the right file with SZS modifier. Change the PNG with a editing program like Photoshop and replace it .

Wiiscrubber is also a quick option to repack the Modded files and replace the original with your's and have the game ready to go.

I would say that , hacking MKWii in this points is a lot less tedious than doing it with MKDS. Also i like the Wii results way more for obvious reasons.
Wii is sure an easy console to hack. My Super Mario Bros 25th anniversary red Wii is also hacked, we made it into Chinese version(Taiwan official Wii were still Japanese....), and also has a uloader software channel that can play Wii games that are from burned CD. Yeah, it's illegal to download Wii games, but because of that, I got a lot of Wii games, but sadly, my cousin who help me burned a lot of Wii games are mostly third party unpopular games... no Mario Party, SMG, Brawl etc.... we all have to download those by ourselves.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
The only time I ever modded anything was for minecraft and TF2. PC games are easy to mod.

I think I could do interesting stuff with it, but too much work for me. If I do anything, it's probably replace music and stuff for things.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
The only time I ever modded anything was for minecraft and TF2. PC games are easy to mod.

I think I could do interesting stuff with it, but too much work for me. If I do anything, it's probably replace music and stuff for things.
I know minecraft is a game you can make whatever ypu want even though without mod, but what's TF2?

icraq

Smash Lord
NNID
McJesusCrucifry
3DS FC
0662-2567-7986

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Rosalina often feels very cute whenever she says "Ta-ta" upon passing someone, though it works out a lot better while she's wearing her signature dress. On an additional note...

It was a nice winter night for a ride around Animal Crossing.

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
I'm getting a Luma plushie in the mail soon I'm soooo hyped. :love:
I hope no one steals it from me at a tournament or punches it out of frustration. :sadeyes:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
You know, when Mario Kart 8 sound / music hacks start happening, I'm just gonna replace Rosalina's voice with her old one from Mario Kart Wii.
You can do the hack too right?
Rosalina often feels very cute whenever she says "Ta-ta" upon passing someone, though it works out a lot better while she's wearing her signature dress. On an additional note...

It was a nice winter night for a ride around Animal Crossing.
She fits perfectly in the winter night of Animal Crossing.
I still like her old voice better than her current one. Nothing is gonna change that.
I'm okay with her current voice, but I like her Kane's voice. It fits her the best.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm pretty indifferent (apart from certain clips from Laura and Kerri that I don't like), but I really want Rosalina to just have a consistent voice actress. Mario has gone over two decades with Charles Martinet, yet Rosalina hashad three in less than one.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I'm getting a Luma plushie in the mail soon I'm soooo hyped. :love:
I hope no one steals it from me at a tournament or punches it out of frustration. :sadeyes:
Hope you post a picture of it.
Well, better not take her out too often.
I'm pretty indifferent (apart from certain clips from Laura and Kerri that I don't like), but I really want Rosalina to just have a consistent voice actress. Mario has gone over two decades with Charles Martinet, yet Rosalina hashad three in less than one.
....come to think of it, me too... I hope her voice actress can stay consistent in most of the games.
Just a bit more, I will reached to 2000th SB posts! It has been a while being in the thread guys! I appreciate to your awesome posts!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom