• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
And since we're still on the topic of pairings...I think, here's my two favorite ones:

HNI_0006.JPG

HNI_0019.JPG

Fun fact: If Chrom was a fighter in the game, I would definitely pair him up with her just to make Sumia and Cordelia jealous. lol

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I don't want Snake to come back. I feel like he'll be shut down by GP since it literally invalidates Snake's game :scared:

As a former Snake main, it'd be a horrible sight for me to see
On my end, I don't really like having to go up against Rosalina. She's just a very nice and cute girl, and I'd rather use her, instead of clobbering her.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Pairings? Eh. It's not like I don't think she should be with anyone. But I just don't really see anyone that really fits. There is a lot of huge stretches. Even with yuri pairings.

TriTails

Smash Lord
Yeah. Rosalina never had been interested in relationships. But if you ask me who is the MOST possible pairs, I'd say Luigi.

Why?
- Daisy and Luigi never met canonically
- Mario is already with Peach (Obvious I guess)
- Don't even get me started on Waluigi (Who isn't even canon...)

Though, I respect y'all opinions. Just sharing my favourite pairing ever :p.

I don't really get the thing where Luigi is Rosalina's dad or uncle though... Like... seriously... what?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Yeah to be fair, Rosalina doesn't have an "actual" relationship, but it's still fun to have her befriend different characters.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Yeah. Rosalina never had been interested in relationships. But if you ask me who is the MOST possible pairs, I'd say Luigi.

Why?

I don't really get the thing where Luigi is Rosalina's dad or uncle though... Like... seriously... what?
What is this "canon" you speak of and where is your proof of it?

On my end, I don't really like having to go up against Rosalina. She's just a very nice and cute girl, and I'd rather use her, instead of clobbering her.
I would not fear anything as Rosalina if I were you. She'd probably dispose of any opposing force in no time with one touch of her cosmic powers~

Rotating 360 with the power of the cosmos within your foot ftw

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
And since we're still on the topic of pairings...I think, here's my two favorite ones:

View attachment 48304

View attachment 48305

Fun fact: If Chrom was a fighter in the game, I would definitely pair him up with her just to make Sumia and Cordelia jealous. lol
Yes, but my FE fan brother like Robin more.
No,no,no, of course we don't. We are all Rosalina fans!
Pairings? Eh. It's not like I don't think she should be with anyone. But I just don't really see anyone that really fits. There is a lot of huge stretches. Even with yuri pairings.
Same with you!
Yuri pairings... I can only tolerate Rosalina X Peach, I found some of the non NSFW artworks quite cute.
Yeah to be fair, Rosalina doesn't have an "actual" relationship, but it's still fun to have her befriend different characters.
Well... me I personally don't like pairings, or you can say that I don't take these pairs seriously. Just for fun.
I would not fear anything as Rosalina if I were you. She'd probably dispose of any opposing force in no time with one touch of her cosmic powers~

Rotating 360 with the power of the cosmos within your foot ftw
I will try to use her more often from now on!

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Good

Now show those Rosalina-non believers how unbeatable she (is?)
I'll try.
But I am still a bit fear to use her online...
These days, I start to use Shulk A LOT. Next are Rosalina, Pacman, and Villager, need to sharp these character's skills up.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Why?

We actually had various little hints in Galaxy that Luigi and Rosalina could be a thing (and we know Luigi had a crush on HER anyway), but it of course didn't really go anywhere after that.

In terms of the Mario universe, Bowser makes the most sense as a pairing for Rosalina. Out of the Smash roster, I can't really think of anyone, but I could definitely say Sonic, at the very least, would be a potentially really close friend.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
I remember one time someone joked Rosalina and Bowser having Villager as their kid.
It explained WAY too many things for me

I remember that time when Rosalina flicked her palms at Bowser so hard, he went off-stage and Bowser couldn't do anything about it

Fatty characters are not the type for our immortal unbeatable deity~

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
But what if he was just like her little adorable babbu?

For real though, Bowser X Rosalina is amazing in Smash doubles.

MezzoMe

Smash Ace
The only characters with some kind of affinity with her Cosmokinesis and Gravitokinesis are characters who can float.
Characters with nordic appearence are inexistent
Characters with the same age are as well inexistent
R.O.B. is as well the only character that somewhat resembles her personality
It doesn't look like any character in the roster has barely any similarity with her and I can't think of any trait that she might like enough.
Speaking of powers, comes out that she never uses Gravitokinesis for offense, might be because, at least for what I know, that wouldn't be that fitting for her, considering those few characters that already use it that way.
But what if he was just like her little adorable babbu?

For real though, Bowser X Rosalina is amazing in Smash doubles.
How comes?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Characters with the same age are as well inexistent
Ganondorf and Palutena are immortal deities with an unknown age too.

And I don't think that a character being her age would matter as long as they are an adult.

Also you don't need her to have a character with a similar personality - as they say, "opposites attract".

How comes?
You've got a fast-hard hitter who is light and mobile and has great range, and a partner that lets her perform all sorts of shenanigans , as well as a heavy, hulking brute who is fast compared to many other heavy hitters. You'll be getting super early KOs and Bowser can be a great shield since he can take quite a beating. Like a big, spiky Luma.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
It would still be nicer if Rosalina is paired with someone who's just as nice and caring as her. Yoshi would work, since like Rosalina, Yoshi would be willing to protect infants from any harm.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
And yet he's a tyrant at the same time. Not exactly a good match for Rosalina, but that's just my personal view.
The thing is, he's not really characterised as the embodiment of pure evil. It's even implied multiple times that he only kidnaps Peach for attention and what not. And he does have a crush on her.

But since Peach is stuck with Mario and Luigi with Daisy, Rosalina, being the most powerful of the women of Mario, would be able to handle the big bad. Maybe if Rosalina gave him attention and appealed to his sensitivities, he wouldn't feel as much of a need to do bad. And then Bowser and Rosalina could look after the Koopas and the Lumas together! :D

I SWEAR THIS STARTED AS A CRACK PAIRING A LONG TIME AGO BUT THE MORE I THINK ABOUT IT, THE MORE I THINK IT ACTUALLY WORKS

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I know that Bowser isn't pure evil, but he's still a tyrant when it comes to trying to conquer the Mushroom Kingdom.

Strangely, Bowser's cartoon counterpart, King Koopa, truly did act like a pure evil villain.

MezzoMe

Smash Ace
Ganondorf and Palutena are immortal deities with an unknown age too.
Whoops, forgot about that, but I'm 90% sure that Palutena is female.
Yeah, because R.O.B. has a gender #flawlesslogic

And I don't think that a character being her age would matter as long as they are an adult.
Probably, her age is her most flexible trait when it comes to affinity

Also you don't need her to have a character with a similar personality - as they say, "opposites attract".
I am yet to be convinced about that, I was particularly thinking at her relation with Luma, last time I checked, when someone threatened the stars she dive bombed an energy egg through a fleet of UFOs[/quote]
Also if we are going to speak about female characters as well, Rosalina appears to have a very close relationship to Peach in Super Mario Kun, though the manga himself is not to be taken that canonically.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Rosalina and Peach are kinda like tea party buddies in that manga, but Super Mario Kun is basically a parody manga officially endorsed by Nintendo. Canonically, they have basically no affiliation, and have never really acknowledged each other on a personal level (Peach kinda acknowledges Rosalina's existence on two occasions, but Rosalina has never really acknowledged Peach aside from when talking to Mario and referring to Peach as his "special one"). That's why it baffles me as to why so many "headcanon" them to be best friends, as there really isn't any canon basis for it.

I heard that at one point in Super Mario Kun, Rosalina pulls Mario out of a depressed state by making herself into a holographic Goomba for him to stomp on and realise that he can still fight the baddies. It sounds so hilarious.

Also Rosalina looks amazing in it:

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
We actually had various little hints in Galaxy that Luigi and Rosalina could be a thing (and we know Luigi had a crush on HER anyway), but it of course didn't really go anywhere after that.

In terms of the Mario universe, Bowser makes the most sense as a pairing for Rosalina. Out of the Smash roster, I can't really think of anyone, but I could definitely say Sonic, at the very least, would be a potentially really close friend.
Urgh...once ahain, I don't really like Rosalina being paired to someone, but if it's just simply about Smash Bros, I say Rosalina and Bowser could make a great team, Sonic is even way better.
It would still be nicer if Rosalina is paired with someone who's just as nice and caring as her. Yoshi would work, since like Rosalina, Yoshi would be willing to protect infants from any harm.
Guess that we all pair her to the character we like LOL. I ain't a Bowser fan, so I personally don't like that pair.
The thing is, he's not really characterised as the embodiment of pure evil. It's even implied multiple times that he only kidnaps Peach for attention and what not. And he does have a crush on her.

But since Peach is stuck with Mario and Luigi with Daisy, Rosalina, being the most powerful of the women of Mario, would be able to handle the big bad. Maybe if Rosalina gave him attention and appealed to his sensitivities, he wouldn't feel as much of a need to do bad. And then Bowser and Rosalina could look after the Koopas and the Lumas together! :D

I SWEAR THIS STARTED AS A CRACK PAIRING A LONG TIME AGO BUT THE MORE I THINK ABOUT IT, THE MORE I THINK IT ACTUALLY WORKS
Uh... wasn't Bowser the one who stole the grand star from her? And how did she called Bowser as in SMG2?
Rosalina and Peach are kinda like tea party buddies in that manga, but Super Mario Kun is basically a parody manga officially endorsed by Nintendo. Canonically, they have basically no affiliation, and have never really acknowledged each other on a personal level (Peach kinda acknowledges Rosalina's existence on two occasions, but Rosalina has never really acknowledged Peach aside from when talking to Mario and referring to Peach as his "special one"). That's why it baffles me as to why so many "headcanon" them to be best friends, as there really isn't any canon basis for it.

I heard that at one point in Super Mario Kun, Rosalina pulls Mario out of a depressed state by making herself into a holographic Goomba for him to stomp on and realise that he can still fight the baddies. It sounds so hilarious.

Also Rosalina looks amazing in it:

I had know this comic for years! But sadly this comic/manga didn't release a Chinese version. I barely found her part of this comic in a forum website. I don't know if I can find it again...
Are there any websites that offers every Super Mario Kun English translation manga scans? If not, recent ones?

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
They can let bygones be bygones. :V
Um...should they? Looking forward to SMG3~~~
Anyway, have you ever found any website that offers Super Mario Kun English versions?
Also FYI, this comic/manga isn't Nintendo official in the beginning, but it is still popular among Japanese Nintendo fans, just like Pokemon Special manga.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Because the fate of the universe depends on it.
We'll see if they will make another soon...
And Rosalina in Super Mario Kun, unlike other characters who are really...jerks in the manga(Especially Mario), she was still wise and cute in the manga.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
So the funniest thing JUST happened to me...

Racing normally on Dolphin Shoals and suddenly Rosalina does her NORMAL bike trick in the Anti-Gravity section instead of the usual one....

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

Racing normally on Dolphin Shoals and suddenly Rosalina does her NORMAL bike trick in the Anti-Gravity section instead of the usual one....

It can happen, depending on which direction you're pressing on the directional pad. Characters will never perform anti-gravity tricks if you hold up or down.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
So, my laptop is coming this Thursday. I'll be able to post easily from there instead of using my Wii U. I'll be back soon.

By the way, I don't see Rosalina having an otp.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
So, my laptop is coming this Thursday. I'll be able to post easily from there instead of using my Wii U. I'll be back soon.

I think that is the correct word. I think she can look adorable being with other characters, but there isn't really a character that I can see her being with.

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
It can happen, depending on which direction you're pressing on the directional pad. Characters will never perform anti-gravity tricks if you hold up or down.
I just tested it.

Depending of the direction you are holding (either the D-Pad or Analog stick works) the character performs the ''spin'' version of the normal trick in the direction you are holding.

Who would have thought... i didn't know that lol!

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Speaking of Mario kart 8, I might get back into it once the new DLC comes out. I get to use the Rosalina mii costume and have Villager. I'll have all my mains in one Kart racer. :3

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Well, I am gonna go back to playing Mario Kart 8 when the next DLC pack comes out, but I won't be playing as the characters that are coming out with it since I already have Rosalina and Link as my mains. I am gonna give this 200cc thing a try.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
the best rosalina pairing is rosalina + nobody because this single mom don't need no man to hold her back

space mom defeats all

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

What does her usual bike trick look like?

I like her single, but hey, you also like Peach right? Do you like the fanarts that is she with Peach?
I think that is the correct word. I think she can look adorable being with other characters, but there isn't really a character that I can see her being with.
Me either, I hope she can still be single in future Mario games.
Well, I am gonna go back to playing Mario Kart 8 when the next DLC pack comes out, but I won't be playing as the characters that are coming out with it since I already have Rosalina and Link as my mains. I am gonna give this 200cc thing a try.
Remember to brake LOL , good luck!
I just tested it.

Depending of the direction you are holding (either the D-Pad or Analog stick works) the character performs the ''spin'' version of the normal trick in the direction you are holding.

Who would have thought... i didn't know that lol!
I actually had already know that LOL.
the best rosalina pairing is rosalina + nobody because this single mom don't need no man to hold her back

space mom defeats all
True...true...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom