• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Since the Nintendo Treehouse is streaming the final English version, I'm pretty sure Rosalina & Luma is the final name. When someone posts the pic, can someone change Rosalina's name on the SSBWiki to the official name? I don't have an account. Since all info regarding the two will be posted under Rosalina only, we really need to fix that and change it. It's been debated long enough on SSBWiki and we finally have info.

And if that isn't enough to convince the change, people already have the demo in English and they can just post it to confirm it.

@ Mario & Sonic Guy Mario & Sonic Guy I got the demo from a download code and Rosalina & Luma is the official name. Do you know anyone who could change Rosalina's SSBWiki name to the official one? Here's a pic by the way:
Honestly , i don't know why they did change it to just ''Rosalina'' when in the demo it appeared as ''Rosalina & Luma''

Anyway , they should change the Voice actress too , as it also says that Laura Faye Smith is voicing her , while currently , this is false.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
A look at her alts in cased anybody missed them. :)

@ ChikoLad ChikoLad tastes like star bits? xD
It has been a day since I play Japanese Smash Bros, Rosalina's attacks are slow but great by using aerial attacks. Trying to master her.
Also I saw many assist trophies that are quite weird... I want to post the picture, but I am using tablet now so I can't.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
So earlier, I was talking about changing Rosalina's Wiki page name to the official name, Rosalina & Luma, and I was wondering how the process goes for when it comes to changing this information. Do people go to a discuss page somewhere on the Wiki? I would join the Wiki myself but I don't know anything about editing Wiki pages and I'm afraid I'll mess something up. If I were to join, I'd only talk and tell about changes that need to happen.

@ Mario & Sonic Guy Mario & Sonic Guy I don't know if editing my previous post messaged you about this, so I'll put it in a separate post. I got the demo from a download code and Rosalina & Luma is the official name. Do you know anyone who could change Rosalina's SSBWiki name to the official one? Here's a pic by the way (very large pic, recommend opening it in a new tab):
I don't know what the process or policy is for changing an article, but I think we have definitive evidence that the title name should be changed. Here's the talk page on Rosalina.

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I CAN ALMOST TASTE HER
Oh my. :awesome:

Rosalina Gameplay
Finally! People using her. My god was that final kill amazing. Luma is looking like a good edge guarding tool. Which helps considering how big the blast zones are. Pulling off a smash attack that near the blast zone can lead to some pretty early kills. Which is amazing considering many characters are having a hard time killing at lower percentages in this game.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Oh damn, that video has me EXCITED.

Also can someone else tell me - would Rosalina really be lighter than Pikachu here? Most had come to the conclusion that she was at least a little bit heavier than Mario, but a few people are saying she's able to be sent around no problem even at 50%.

Though the video above begs to differ anyway.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Also can someone else tell me - would Rosalina really be lighter than Pikachu here? Most had come to the conclusion that she was at least a little bit heavier than Mario, but a few people are saying she's able to be sent around no problem even at 50%.

Blast zones are huge in this game so characters have a lot more survivability than the past games have had. Supposedly 3D Land has a scale that tilts on character weight, so that's probably the best way to see character weights.

Biff

Smash Rookie
Smash 4 seems to have a much bigger focus on offstage battles than before.
I can see Rosaluma excelling in this game just on how safe it is to edge guard with them

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
Just coming in here to say hi. Got the jp version (J A P is censored?) and LOVING Rosalina so far, might be my main if she's as good as I think she can be. (Top tier) So yeah, expect to see me pretty often, especially when the US version is out and we can discuss stuff.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

Rosalina, she is quite light and slow if you ask me. When I played her, her attacks are just slow, but she has a quick air dodge. She can have a great advantage on the air. You can also short press B to retreat your luma. Her grab is useful too.
She got to be lighter than Mario, this all I know for now.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Rosalina's final Smash! Notice how the Super Star can SUCK YOU IN much like the Smart Bomb item!
I love this Final smash! Maybe she is gonna be Top tier indeed :laugh:

Super Writer

Smash Apprentice
Rosalina's final Smash! Notice how the Super Star can SUCK YOU IN much like the Smart Bomb item!
Holy mother of pearl I did not know it did that. That final smash is much better than I thought.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
It depends how well you use her, my twin brother says Duck Hunt Dog is powerful if you versus one on one.
Glad that there is not large stages in the 3DS, just like DK,Jigglypuff, you have to find a better location to activate it.

Last edited:

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
That's amazing!! Toon Link went all the way from 35% to 300%!!! Here's the original source (it starts where the Final Smash takes place in glorious HD):

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Just coming in here to say hi. Got the jp version (J A P is censored?) and LOVING Rosalina so far, might be my main if she's as good as I think she can be. (Top tier) So yeah, expect to see me pretty often, especially when the US version is out and we can discuss stuff.
Always great to have more people to talk to here. <3

Anyway, apparently Rosalina is pretty Lightweight. Everyone's thoughts?

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
Just noticed how much Rosalina calling back Lumas is like some sort of magic child leash. :p

Always great to have more people to talk to here. <3

Anyway, apparently Rosalina is pretty Lightweight. Everyone's thoughts?
I tend to be better with lightweights, so yaay... :T

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Her being lightweight wouldn't be a big deal to me, I'd hope (I'd have to see how it works out when I get the game), but I think it's an unnecessary decision. Her being just slightly heavier than Mario was just fine, which seemed to be how she was in the E3 demo. Luma being so easy to get rid of is enough of a trade-off for having him in the first place, and you lose a lot of K.O potential while Luma is absent. So I think making her super light would be overkill. Let's just hope her momentum cancelling capabilities still work well enough.

Last edited:

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
Rosalina doesn't seem to be terribly popular in the streams I've seen, which is understandable since using her and Luma together is pretty complex. But is there a reason people seem to have forgotten about her Gravitational Pull move entirely?

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Rosalina doesn't seem to be terribly popular in the streams I've seen, which is understandable since using her and Luma together is pretty complex. But is there a reason people seem to have forgotten about her Gravitational Pull move entirely?
Because gravitational Pull works better with items (For Fun) ; it's less useful without them as it just deflects projectiles , something you can avoid by jumping using her ↑ B

Rosalina is a pretty tricky character thanks to her gimmick , so i'll give some time to the players to master her and show some gameplay like the one i uploaded before , where someone used her properly.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Yeah, I expected that much. It's the same with a lot of demo players and Mega Man. They simply don't understand how to use him, or even the applications of his attacks, yet I can kick butt with him. Rosalina is basically that, times 10.

Don't worry, I will train a lot wit Rosalina and when the Wii U version comes out, I can record videos.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Just watched part 2 of the Rosalina is Peach's daughter Game Theory. I...kinda believe it...
I don't, although the way it was presented was pretty compelling. When it came to things like space and time, those were all fine an dandy, but the genetics part was so dull. You could connect nearly every human Mario character to each other using their ears, attached or not.

By the way, Rosalina could visit the Mushroom Kingdom sooner than 100 years if the Comet Observatory could warp spacetime around it to travel even faster than light. I don't know if I'm correct on that though.

Also, VGBootCamp has taken quite a liking to Rosalina & Luma. They've been playing them recently and they're getting better, slowly but surely.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The problem with his theory is that the Luigi playthrough of Galaxy 1 is completely non-canon and doesn't mean anything.

The real result of the universe's rebirth is Galaxy 2. Clearly denoted by how the Silver Luma from Galaxy 1 returns in Galaxy 2, only he doesn't know Mario anymore. However, when Rosalina meets Mario in the ending, she says "I knew our paths would cross again", proving that Mario and Rosalina have not changed.

And if you need proof that this is the same Luma from Galaxy 1, watch the very end of the 120 Star Ending from Galaxy 1. Young Master Luma was left behind when Rosalina took off from the Gateway. That's why he's separated from her in Galaxy 2. And there are no other Lumas that are silver like him. Then in Galaxy 2's intro, he is unconscious in the Mushroom Kingdom. Because he fell from space somehow.

Game Theory should really be renamed to "Conspiracy Theory" after all of their recent episodes. They ignore simple facts now to make "convincing" theories, and because their viewers are none the wiser and passively watch the episodes rather than trying to analyse each point themselves, people take what they say to be gospel.

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Argh, the demo makes me want to play as Rosalina & Luma more. Especially with how much fun I'm having. I neeeeeeeed them. ;_;

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
The problem with his theory is that the Luigi playthrough of Galaxy 1 is completely non-canon and doesn't mean anything.

The real result of the universe's rebirth is Galaxy 2. Clearly denoted by how the Silver Luma from Galaxy 1 returns in Galaxy 2, only he doesn't know Mario anymore. However, when Rosalina meets Mario in the ending, she says "I knew our paths would cross again", proving that Mario and Rosalina have not changed.

And if you need proof that this is the same Luma from Galaxy 1, watch the very end of the 120 Star Ending from Galaxy 1. Young Master Luma was left behind when Rosalina took off from the Gateway. That's why he's separated from her in Galaxy 2. And there are no other Lumas that are silver like him. Then in Galaxy 2's intro, he is unconscious in the Mushroom Kingdom. Because he fell from space somehow.

Game Theory should really be renamed to "Conspiracy Theory" after all of their recent episodes. They ignore simple facts now to make "convincing" theories, and because their viewers are none the wiser and passively watch the episodes rather than trying to analyse each point themselves, people take what they say to be gospel.
You got a point.
I don't, although the way it was presented was pretty compelling. When it came to things like space and time, those were all fine an dandy, but the genetics part was so dull. You could connect nearly every human Mario character to each other using their ears, attached or not.

By the way, Rosalina could visit the Mushroom Kingdom sooner than 100 years if the Comet Observatory could warp spacetime around it to travel even faster than light. I don't know if I'm correct on that though.

Also, VGBootCamp has taken quite a liking to Rosalina & Luma. They've been playing them recently and they're getting better, slowly but surely.
Yep, they are quite getting the hang of Rosalina, and so am I.
Her being lightweight wouldn't be a big deal to me, I'd hope (I'd have to see how it works out when I get the game), but I think it's an unnecessary decision. Her being just slightly heavier than Mario was just fine, which seemed to be how she was in the E3 demo. Luma being so easy to get rid of is enough of a trade-off for having him in the first place, and you lose a lot of K.O potential while Luma is absent. So I think making her super light would be overkill. Let's just hope her momentum cancelling capabilities still work well enough.
I haven't try to compare her weight with Mario. But I know that she has a slow falling speed like Pac-man( Pac-man is actually even slower.)
And NEVER get rid of Luma, he is really useful when giving damage.
Because of her super lightweight. She can do a good air attack combos.
And had you try the game yet @ ChikoLad ChikoLad ?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer

The math is there. She is definitely super light. Like, 4th lightest in the game.

Has anyone posted her alt-specials or do I need to find them?

I think you've missed the reason for the channel seeing as that is entirely the point...

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The math is there. She is definitely super light. Like, 4th lightest in the game.

Has anyone posted her alt-specials or do I need to find them?

I think you've missed the reason for the channel seeing as that is entirely the point...
No, the point has always been to present interesting explanations to unexplained things in games, or to provide insight on various aspects of the gaming industry. Until recently, Game Theory did this, and did it using facts. Nowadays, they are outright ignoring facts and even go as far as to brush things off, such as the right hand bias crap he tried to pull in the first Rosalina video.

It just bugs me lately because everyone is taking their videos as the end all be all and it really annoys me, as it messes up a lot of fan made content about the character in this particular instance.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
There's nothing factual about Game Theory... It's pseudoscience at its finest. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pseudoscience

Rosalina doesn't really lack for survivability though. You have the tools to avoid being KO'd. It's hard as balls to throw you and your recovery and your recovery alt is pretty solid if you know the angle you travel at (Initially, I was killing myself repeatedly because her ledge grab box is tiny).

Last edited:

Biff

Smash Rookie
Game Theory straight up ignores canon a lot of times so there's no way it should be taken seriously.
I have no idea why it's so popular but to be honest I gave up trying to understand YouTube a long time ago

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Oh my gosh... VGBootCamp is definitely loving Rosalina & Luma!! They've been playing as the Black & Yellow alt for nearly their entire stream!! They are really showing off Rosalina & Luma's top tier potential. Lots of people are starting to like her. After a while, she's been pretty much winning all the matches against every character. SHE'S JUST SO BEAUTIFUL AND GRAND!!

Seriously, it's just streaming Rosalina & Luma all day!! I can't wait to see them in tournament play!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom