• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
ULTIMATE PROOF! Kerri Kane is Rosalina's voice! SHE IS IN THE CREDITS! Above SAM KELLY (Peach Voice) ♥♥♥
So it ends!♥

So does that mean Laura meant she was voicing the Wii U version (when you emailed her)? By the way, they spelled Kerri's name wrong :p. They also shortened Samantha's name.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
So does that mean Laura meant she was voicing the Wii U version (when you emailed her)? By the way, they spelled Kerri's name wrong :p. They also shortened Samantha's name.
Wow, just like I expected

Uh, hey guys listen to me. Do you the stream user is from Taiwan like me?
Taiwan sells game earlier than Japan is actually not the first case.
And now seeing the leak is real now I am half disappointed if this roster.
Oh, I will get the game on Friday too!

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Well , i doubt Laura would lie to me (since there's no particular reason to do it anyway) so i suppouse she means the Wii U version? Well , maybe is that , but Rosalina sounded just right in the 3ds footage .... so let's wait. But it would be STRANGE Since Kerris voice was used in the Wii U gameplay during ALL the demos.
Samantha's name is sometimes shortened to ''Sam'' in the credits , they have done it many times. And Kerri's name was misspelled just like in MKWii where they credited Mercedes as ''Mercedez'' .Also there's this:

Rosalina's Official Stage is MK7 Rainbow Road , it seems you will always encounter her there!

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Well , i doubt Laura would lie to me (since there's no particular reason to do it anyway) so i suppouse she means the Wii U version? Well , maybe is that , but Rosalina sounded just right in the 3ds footage .... so let's wait. But it would be STRANGE Since Kerris voice was used in the Wii U gameplay during ALL the demos.
Samantha's name is sometimes shortened to ''Sam'' in the credits , they have done it many times. And Kerri's name was misspelled just like in MKWii where they credited Mercedes as ''Mercedez'' .Also there's this:

Rosalina's Official Stage is MK7 Rainbow Road , it seems you will always encounter her there!
The live stream is got to be from Taiwan, and look how huge Rosalina is now!!!!
I repeat, this user is from Taiwan. Taiwan akways sells games earlier. And I will get the game earlier too!

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
ULTIMATE PROOF! Kerri Kane is Rosalina's voice! SHE IS IN THE CREDITS! Above SAM KELLY (Peach Voice) ♥♥♥
So it ends!♥

So it appears that Laura Faye Smith doesn't voice Rosalina at all for Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS. Perhaps she's only voicing Rosalina for Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo Wii U.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Im happy for you!!! Have a great time with it!
Also , if you have some info about Rosalina , please share with us! It'd be very appreciated! :)
Ah...heh ,I don't think I need cuz you see there is another Taiwan user leaked all of it.
Confession time:Taiwan always sell games earlier than Japan.
I don't know this user.
I am half disappointed to this roster.
I don't like Bowser Jr. and Duck hunt dog.
Terrible idea making Dr.Mario and Dark Pit as a new character. Even more terribke is that Dr.Mario us still a clone!
Just like I thought, Rosalina will have different voice actors on both versions. And: @ Swiftie_Muggle Swiftie_Muggle , how do you think of Rosalina's voice now? And again how did you know their E-mail address?

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Ah...heh ,I don't think I need cuz you see there is another Taiwan user leaked all of it.
Confession time:Taiwan always sell games earlier than Japan.
I don't know this user.
I am half disappointed to this roster.
I don't like Bowser Jr. and Duck hunt dog.
Terrible idea making Dr.Mario and Dark Pit as a new character. Even more terribke is that Dr.Mario us still a clone!
Just like I thought, Rosalina will have different voice actors on both versions. And: @ Swiftie_Muggle Swiftie_Muggle , how do you think of Rosalina's voice now? And again how did you know their E-mail address?
Rosalina sounds as herself (not matter who was voicing her anyways , but im glad is Kerri) also their public emails are on their websites , so i decided to send a ''Hi'' email and just ask , but turns out things went different than expected.

Anyway , im glad you are getting the game and personally I like the roster (even though the clones are not very good desicions in my opinion) . Also , if you play as Rosalina let us know more about her abilities , please :)

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Rosalina sounds as herself (not matter who was voicing her anyways , but im glad is Kerri) also their public emails are on their websites , so i decided to send a ''Hi'' email and just ask , but turns out things went different than expected.

Anyway , im glad you are getting the game and personally I like the roster (even though the clones are not very good desicions in my opinion) . Also , if you play as Rosalina let us know more about her abilities , please :)
Oh, don't know why you like Kerri so much hehe... and what games did she involved in as Rosalina?
The major problem of this roster is too fan based. And my personal dislike, no Ice Climbers. Can't believe Sakurai cut Ice Climbers, and no I don't Sakurai cut them because of 3ds limitations.
I will try to post pictures of Rosalina and boxart here, just for you guys.( I use tablet often.so I might not send a lot of picture.)

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
@ mario123007 mario123007 : Kerri Kane has been Rosalina's voice actor for all of her 3DS game appearances. This includes Mario Kart 7 and Mario Golf: World Tour.
Oh, I remember, her voice is quite montone but soft. I like her voice.
And again I knew they will have diffetent voice actors on both versions.

Last edited:

Severn

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1478-4772-7152

Looks like part 2 has been released

(Hi guys, long time lurker here, love our Rosalina! Been following for many many pages)

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

(Hi guys, long time lurker here, love our Rosalina! Been following for many many pages)
Omg! That Peach scared me!!!!!
Okay, this theory is ridiculous, hey, I still think this theory us quite ledgit though.
However, there is one person that he didn't mentioned:Lubba, he also refers Peach as the "special one"too.
So Rosalina refers Peach like this doesn't means she is Peaches daughter. And Lubba even says he had met Rosalina before, and called her " Lady of the shooting stars". Yeah I know this doesn't do anything with the theory, Lubba's quote really gives us a sneak peek that they might reveal Rosalina's past. However, Miyamito actually had stated they created Lubba because he doesn't want the sequel being too involved with Rosalina. That's why she only appears at the end. Now we are all hoping for another sequel to come.
And Rosalina can live long could also just simply be her powers, heck with scientific stuff, can he explain how Rosalina grow up and got all of her super powers? He needs to explain that more.
And the Yoshikai made the story book actually because he was bored when he stayed up late at night. So the story don't really linked to the main gameplay, but there is a lot of stuff we still don't know.
There was also concept artwork of Rosalina and her young self, what could this mean? Rosalina was going find her young self?

Wrting all if this I just want to say there are still many things we have to dig out before we really stated that Rosalina is Peache's daughter.

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886

Oh dear god , i can't believe there's a sequel... smh

Also , hello and welcome! Rosalina is such a neat character! enjoy being on the forum!

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Oh dear god , i can't believe there's a sequel... smh

Also , hello and welcome! Rosalina is such a neat character! enjoy being on the forum!
Go watch it if you haven't, although most his theories are weird and bizzare, his videos are quite funny.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Yeah, it still doesn't work.

I got an ask about this on Tumblr (have I become some official authourity for Rosalina knowledge or something?...). My thoughts were the response:

"I just finished, and it’s still wrong.

I won’t re-post my old comment, since some of it is now irrelevant since they’ve changed their theory to Luigi being Rosalina’s father. But I’ll briefly state things that pose problems even there:

-Rosalina IS ambidextrous. MatPat is just blatantly ignoring this fact and chalking it up to “right hand bias” in her promotional art, but he neglected to mention the in-game instances where Rosalina uses the wand in her right hand (which includes two very important cutscenes), and the promotional renders where she holds it in her left hand (see her Smash Bros poster).

In fact, I have an entire post about this, and it’s not even every instance. So basically, the genetics part of his theory is gone out the window:
http://sonicbrawler182.tumblr.com/post/93065941662/fun-rosalina-tidbit

-NPC Luigi has an implied crush on Rosalina in Galaxy. I don’t think Nintendo wants to promote incest.

-Even if you want to argue that the Player Luigi is the father of Rosalina, there is no proof that it’s either particular Luigi in the Wii Message Board photo, for starters. Plus, the implication of that photo seems more like they are going on a date, linking in with his implied crush on her (note that this crush has only ever been in the original Galaxy, Nintendo has not touched on it since). If you look at Mario’s equivalent to this photo, he is on Good Egg Galaxy with Peach and the Lumas, and we know for certain that Mario and Peach are romantically involved. It’s basically Mario taking Peach to a lovely place she’s never been to, and meeting some new creatures. The Luigi picture has him with Rosalina, visiting the Mushroom Kingdom (a place Rosalina hasn’t been to - no, I still don’t believe it to be her home, at least not this iteration of it), meeting some Toads (specifically the Toad Brigade). Luigi is taking Rosalina to a lovely place she hasn’t been to and meeting some new creatures. It’s a direct parallel to the Mario and Peach picture. So I do in fact consider it a simple friendly date, not some father/daughter reunion.

-There is one elephant in the room here that the theory ignores:

Official artwork.

Also, it should also be noted that their claim of “Peach displaying absolutely no affection for Mario” is untrue even with in game material. Mario’s winning animation in Mario Power Tennis depicts Peach walking up to him on the podium and kissing him (she’s not bothered by him winning because they are in love and both mutually benefit from each other’s victories). In the latest “Mario & Sonic” game, Mario and Peach have a special win animation together. Even the the RPGs and the story mode of M&S at the Winter Olympic Games, Peach displays a very specific affection towards Mario. She has a lot of respect for him and repeats plenty of times that she absolutely loves being around him.

Heck, the two have a very romantic reunion even in Galaxy, holding onto each other and swirling around and what not.

No matter what way you swing it, Mario and Peach are a couple. And Luigi has only ever displayed a romantic interest in Daisy and Rosalina herself.

Honestly I could go on and on upturning this theory, but this is all that really needs to be said.

This entire series was completely underwhelming. It’s just cashing in on a popular franchise and a popular character, and considering some of MatPat’s best theories, I don’t think he could overlook such simple things."

----------------

EDIT: I love how the inside of Rosalina's gown not only proves more of her amazing and completely off the wall goddess powers, but makes fan art of Rosalina upskirts completely safe to post.

"I can show you the world...."

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Yeah, it still doesn't work.

I got an ask about this on Tumblr (have I become some official authourity for Rosalina knowledge or something?...). My thoughts were the response:

"I just finished, and it’s still wrong.

I won’t re-post my old comment, since some of it is now irrelevant since they’ve changed their theory to Luigi being Rosalina’s father. But I’ll briefly state things that pose problems even there:

-Rosalina IS ambidextrous. MatPat is just blatantly ignoring this fact and chalking it up to “right hand bias” in her promotional art, but he neglected to mention the in-game instances where Rosalina uses the wand in her right hand (which includes two very important cutscenes), and the promotional renders where she holds it in her left hand (see her Smash Bros poster).

In fact, I have an entire post about this, and it’s not even every instance. So basically, the genetics part of his theory is gone out the window:
http://sonicbrawler182.tumblr.com/post/93065941662/fun-rosalina-tidbit

-NPC Luigi has an implied crush on Rosalina in Galaxy. I don’t think Nintendo wants to promote incest.

-Even if you want to argue that the Player Luigi is the father of Rosalina, there is no proof that it’s either particular Luigi in the Wii Message Board photo, for starters. Plus, the implication of that photo seems more like they are going on a date, linking in with his implied crush on her (note that this crush has only ever been in the original Galaxy, Nintendo has not touched on it since). If you look at Mario’s equivalent to this photo, he is on Good Egg Galaxy with Peach and the Lumas, and we know for certain that Mario and Peach are romantically involved. It’s basically Mario taking Peach to a lovely place she’s never been to, and meeting some new creatures. The Luigi picture has him with Rosalina, visiting the Mushroom Kingdom (a place Rosalina hasn’t been to - no, I still don’t believe it to be her home, at least not this iteration of it), meeting some Toads (specifically the Toad Brigade). Luigi is taking Rosalina to a lovely place she hasn’t been to and meeting some new creatures. It’s a direct parallel to the Mario and Peach picture. So I do in fact consider it a simple friendly date, not some father/daughter reunion.

-There is one elephant in the room here that the theory ignores:

Official artwork.

Also, it should also be noted that their claim of “Peach displaying absolutely no affection for Mario” is untrue even with in game material. Mario’s winning animation in Mario Power Tennis depicts Peach walking up to him on the podium and kissing him (she’s not bothered by him winning because they are in love and both mutually benefit from each other’s victories). In the latest “Mario & Sonic” game, Mario and Peach have a special win animation together. Even the the RPGs and the story mode of M&S at the Winter Olympic Games, Peach displays a very specific affection towards Mario. She has a lot of respect for him and repeats plenty of times that she absolutely loves being around him.

Heck, the two have a very romantic reunion even in Galaxy, holding onto each other and swirling around and what not.

No matter what way you swing it, Mario and Peach are a couple. And Luigi has only ever displayed a romantic interest in Daisy and Rosalina herself.

Honestly I could go on and on upturning this theory, but this is all that really needs to be said.

This entire series was completely underwhelming. It’s just cashing in on a popular franchise and a popular character, and considering some of MatPat’s best theories, I don’t think he could overlook such simple things."

----------------

EDIT: I love how the inside of Rosalina's gown not only proves more of her amazing and completely off the wall goddess powers, but makes fan art of Rosalina upskirts completely safe to post.

"I can show you the world...."
Lol i thought the same thing.
Hamayama was kinda pervy with those upskirt screenshots , he did the same with Palutena during her pole dance taunt :glare:
Good Thing they made an awsome reference with Rosalina , while keeping it classy at the same time.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
As a perv, I completely confess to being disappointed in no up skirts shots.

*Cough* Anyway. So we also got another victory screen of her? It looks cute. I do hope people start dissecting her soon. Want to know all her tricks present in the final build.

Also, so glad she is a starter. Can't wait to try my new main out. <3

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Only thing annoying me about "the cosmos beneath her gown" is that they have the texture for Cosmic Spirit Rosalina RIGHT THERE.

Also, this old Photoshop of mine is more relevant than ever:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I've disliked every Game Theory video I've ever watched.

:093:

Biff

Smash Rookie
It's funny cause some character's couldn't even get good alt colors but Bowser Jr. is able to become 7 different characters.

Xavier :D

Smash Ace
NNID
legend_of_xav
Rosalina is looking fantastic!! Also great to see that Kerri is continuing on 3DS and Laura will be exclusively on Wii U!! And that Game Theory episode.....ehhhhh :ohwell:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Rosalina is looking fantastic!! Also great to see that Kerri is continuing on 3DS and Laura will be exclusively on Wii U!! And that Game Theory episode.....ehhhhh :ohwell:
Yeah , But hold on a bit ! We cannot assume things anymore ; thanks to that email , the info got messep up.
And since Kerri's voice was actually in the Wii U footage ... i still have my doubts.

It would be soooo weird to have Rosalina in the same game (diferent versions) with 2 diferent voices ; Mario Golf doesn't count since they reused the clips to save time as Rosalina was just DLC , and During Mario Kart AGPDX there were no new Laura clips for Rosalina to fit Mario Kart .

If Laura is in the Wii u Version im gonna be pissed at Nintendo for being lazy with this subject, and it would not make sence that she is exclusively on the Wii u when all the Wii (Brawl) voices returned to the 3ds and Even Pit Has a NEW VOICE in both versions .

Last edited:

Xavier :D

Smash Ace
NNID
legend_of_xav
Yeah , But hold on a bit ! We cannot assume things anymore ; thanks to that email , the info got messep up.
And since Kerri's voice was actually in the Wii U footage ... i still have my doubts.

It would be soooo weird to have Rosalina in the same game (diferent versions) with 2 diferent voices ; Mario Golf doesn't count since they reused the clips to save time as Rosalina was just DLC , and During Mario Kart AGPDX there were no new Laura clips for Rosalina to fit Mario Kart .

If Laura is in the Wii u Version im gonna be pissed at Nintendo for being lazy with this subject, and it would not make sence that she is exclusively on the Wii u when all the Wii (Brawl) voices returned to the 3ds and Even Pit Has a NEW VOICE in both versions .
Yeah, it would be weird if Rosalina had different voices in different versions. I just find it strange how Laura said she was going to voice Rosalina...ah well, would be nice to keep her voice consistent in both games though.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Rosalina with her Black/Gold costume in-game ♥ (Take this as a focus on her outfit not gameplay since the Rosalina Al is on 3 level of difficulty so she barely does anything)

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
It's always possible that Laura did record lines but they just didn't use them for some reason.

And that would be annoying if that was the case.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I got it guys.
I haven't try out Rosalina yet. But go ahead and ask me Rosalina questions here!

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
It'd be cool if you could get info on her Custom Moves, and if you unlock any trophies related to her or the Lumas, it'd be nice to know what they say if you're able to translate them to English.

But of course, don't forget to just have fun with the game in general!

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The complete coverage thread is now open. If you're going to help out with the attack damage outputs, you can always resort to Training to get the damage values.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
It'd be cool if you could get info on her Custom Moves, and if you unlock any trophies related to her or the Lumas, it'd be nice to know what they say if you're able to translate them to English.

But of course, don't forget to just have fun with the game in general!
Sadly only my brother knows Japanese.
Okay I will have fun but I might not play a lot due to my school work.
I recommend you guys go check other people's live stream, if you still had questions. Go to my thread here:http://smashboards.com/threads/got-it-smash-bros-3ds.367421/#post-17550735

Roxas215

Smash Lord
Hi everyone!!! Just wanted to introduce myself here. I plan on maining(or at the very least a viable secondary) Rosalina so i'll probably spend a good time of my Smashboards useage on this fourm. As a Peach main in Melee and Brawl i think i just graviated towards Rosalina. And her Black/Gold costume is amazing(So is peach)

Just a lil about me. I was part of the "UFB" Crew in my brawl days. "Phillyrider" was my tag(and probably still will be) While i was known to be a contempt player in brawl i never really achieved the tournament status some of other crew mates did (Kingtoon,Squall,Xzax etc) Im planning to change this with brawl 4.

Most of us quit brawl around 2012-(Game just got way to defensive and campy for us to keep enjoying it) But most of us are excited for smash 4 and will def take it serious for the first couple of months and see if theres really something here. During my time away from smash i started entering FGC tournaments. Got pretty good in marvel 3 beating some of the top fgc players in tournament sets(Josh Wong,K Brad,Demon Hyo,Angelic just to name a few) I honestly think my time playing smash made me pick up marvel very quickly. Marvel you get 1 maybe 2 good reads each match and game is over. Smash is nothing but good reads all match lol.

Then PM 3.0 came out and kinda regnited my smash flame. Hopefully PM and Smash 4 can co exist.

But yea enough about me. Like i said im very interested in learning Rosalina so i'll see yall around!!!

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
VGBootCamp is streaming and they are going into character movesets rather than unlocking everyone right away. Captain Falcon, and Peach have been done, and Rosalina & Luma could be seen there too. http://www.twitch.tv/vgbootcamp It might provide us with more info on them (that we can post on the coverage thread).

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Well , i recorded Yushako's Rosalina gameplay in training Mode with my phone , but Some Else already uploaded it on Youtube with Good Quality, so here it is. Here we can clearly here Rosalina's voice and see her final smash , moves and taunts. I love when she uses her taunt and says ''Mmm , mmm!'' Enjoy!.♥

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
VGBootCamp is streaming and they are going into character movesets rather than unlocking everyone right away. Captain Falcon, and Peach have been done, and Rosalina & Luma could be seen there too. http://www.twitch.tv/vgbootcamp It might provide us with more info on them (that we can post on the coverage thread).
To be fair, it would actually be much easier if someone who has an actual copy of the game is around to contribute.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I tried Rosalina, here are my first impressions:
Her attacks are slow, just like I thought. Hard to battle against fast characters.
She is a bit montone, she doesn't screams much but her voice is similiar to the Wii U version.
You really have to keep an eye at Luma, or else he will be hit away!

This is all for now. Still trying to get all characters.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Since the Nintendo Treehouse is streaming the final English version, I'm pretty sure Rosalina & Luma is the final name. When someone posts the pic, can someone change Rosalina's name on the SSBWiki to the official name? I don't have an account. Since all info regarding the two will be posted under Rosalina only, we really need to fix that and change it. It's been debated long enough on SSBWiki and we finally have info.

And if that isn't enough to convince the change, people already have the demo in English and they can just post it to confirm it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom