• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I consider it a low tier game , therefore i would never touch it not even with a stick.

If it makes you happy , i'll be more specific . To me , it's garbage .
1 negative opinion vs a thousand positive ones...yeah, "garbage";though...
Well you should Killo , since you where the one starting the ''i don't like miis'' thing.

I honestly don't like them either ; That's way better than just agreeing with everything , im being honest. Why would somebody say they like or accept something when they don't?

You know 1 thing that people don't hate? Apple Juice.

I know i don't , maybe we should talk about apple juice from now on.
We should talk about apple juice since it's loved by all
Geez, someone should change the thread title to "Rosalina fans hate everything, even Rosalina".

Seriously.

100% true

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
Well you should Killo , since you where the one starting the ''i don't like miis'' thing.

I honestly don't like them either ; That's way better than just agreeing with everything , im being honest. Why would somebody say they like or accept something when they don't?

You know 1 thing that people don't hate? Apple Juice.

I know i don't , maybe we should talk about apple juice from now on.
Swiftie sweetie, you don't understand my humor. Our relationship is not as stable as it used to be.

Apple juice is okay I think. What is horrible is Germans' view on apple juice. They have... "Apfelschorle". It's fizzy apple juice. I can't handle this. Too much carbonated water for me. To any German reading this, I love you but I hate your Apfelschorle, sorry.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Geez, someone should change the thread title to "Rosalina fans hate everything, even Rosalina".

Seriously.

I prefer to NOT give threads ridiculous names.

Tomodachi life is a low tier game that doesn't even allow you to do whatever you want.

If i want something clearly better , i'll go and play the Sims.
I tend to feel the same way with a good amount of M-rated titles. Positive reception or not, I wouldn't touch them with a 39 and a half foot pole.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
But i never said that ''Tomodachi Life is garbage'' is a fact tho.

i understand that it's liked heavily and that it's a game that many like , not only by reviews.

You can call it an unpopular opinion and that's ok , nothing wrong with that , we all have some of those.

MezzoMe

Smash Ace
I don't like Apple Juice, just as I don't like Apple Pie, though (or maybe because) I eat apples everyday.
^What is with that signature?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I don't like Apple Juice, just as I don't like Apple Pie, though (or maybe because) I eat apples everyday.
^What is with that signature?
It has to do with Nintendo's ignorance when it comes to crediting the voice actors for their games. In pretty much every game that Laura Faye Smith portrayed Rosalina in, Kerri Kane ends up getting all the credit.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Actually not quite.

That's one thing Kerri said to me after i said something like:

'' I would have enjoyed Mario Tennis Ultra Smash and Mario And Sonic at the Rio Olympics if it was actually You in those games ''

Or something like that.

which is true , not shade to Laura , but it's true.

then Kerri said what my signature says.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
But i never said that ''Tomodachi Life is garbage'' is a fact tho.

i understand that it's liked heavily and that it's a game that many like , not only by reviews.

You can call it an unpopular opinion and that's ok , nothing wrong with that , we all have some of those.
You said we would only talk about apple juice until things cooled down...
It has to do with Nintendo's ignorance when it comes to crediting the voice actors for their games. In pretty much every game that Laura Faye Smith portrayed Rosalina in, Kerri Kane ends up getting all the credit.
Actually not quite.

That's one thing Kerri said to me after i said something like:

'' I would have enjoyed Mario Tennis Ultra Smash and Mario And Sonic at the Rio Olympics if it was actually You in those games ''

Or something like that.

which is true , not shade to Laura , but it's true.

then Kerri said what my signature says.
WE SHOULD BE TALKING ABOUT APPLE JUICE DAMMIT!

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
You mean Kerry Kane, don't you?
That's crazy though. I wonder if they could be stupid enough to miswrite Rosalina's name soon.

"Rosalinda is playable in Mario Cat 9!"

This makes me wonder why Rosalina's name changes so much depending on the language. I don't know if that's because they wanted to fully localize her name... I appreciate though. It gives different angles of her. Estela and Rosetta focuses on her cosmic duty, Rosalinda on her beauty, Rosalina on... on... and Harmonie on...
On...

Where do Rosalina and Harmonie come from, seriously?
I've heard Rosalina is the "literal translation" of "Rosetta", but I don't see how...?
And Harmonie... I've read there it could come from the Greek goddess or just the harmony she shares with the universe... but I don't think it's that (I don't think what else it could be though)

You said we would only talk about apple juice until things cooled down...

WE SHOULD BE TALKING ABOUT APPLE JUICE DAMMIT!
apple juice is truly disgusting

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
i think that other than Rosalina and Rosetta , Harmonie is the prettiest.

Harmonie = harmony , as in songs etc... i don't know why though.

This is why i don't like Miiverse , i don't know what the hell people are talking about half of the time.

Apparently im not stupid like Kristopher (who the hell?) said

Yay i guess?

MezzoMe

Smash Ace
^^I wouldn't mind such a change at all, mostly because that wouldn't change anything
Harmonie literally means Harmony
Don't know about the relation between Japanese and English, but Rosalina is the literal Portuguese translation of Rosalinda
And Rosetta is an alternative to Rosa, other than being a type of orbit
And by the way, Rosalinda gives an angle of her that barely has anything to do with her, especially considering how direct the rest of Rosalina localization and Italian localization are

Last edited:

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
^^I wouldn't mind such a change at all, mostly because that wouldn't change anything
Harmonie literally means Harmony
Don't know about the relation between Japanese and English, but Rosalina is the literal Portuguese translation of Rosalinda
And Rosetta is an alternative to Rosa, other than being a type of orbit
And by the way, Rosalinda gives an angle of her that barely has anything to do with her, especially considering how direct the rest of Rosalina localization and Italian localization are
I know Harmonie means Harmony, first because, you know, two letters change, and second because I'm a French speaker.
However, I didn ot understand everything there, wait...
Could you just reformulate what you said, please?

i think that other than Rosalina and Rosetta , Harmonie is the prettiest.

Harmonie = harmony , as in songs etc... i don't know why though.

This is why i don't like Miiverse , i don't know what the hell people are talking about half of the time.

Apparently im not stupid like Kristopher (who the hell?) said

Yay i guess?
Personally it's between Estela and Harmonie because they are the most original (and Rosetta doesn't appeal me) even though Harmonie doesn't have any origin.

But fortunately enough, you're not stupid like this freaking Kristopher! I can't even stand him, do you know what he says of you most of the time?
No seriously, this guy... girl? is certainly speaking of Rosalina, and I dunno, a Kristopher just came and said Rosalina was stupid and he/she disagrees.

MezzoMe

Smash Ace
I know Harmonie means Harmony, first because, you know, two letters change, and second because I'm a French speaker.
However, I didn ot understand everything there, wait...
Could you just reformulate what you said, please?
I don't know if Rosalina is the literal translation of Rosetta; however, I know that it's the literal translation of Rosalinda from Italian to Portuguese.
Also Rosetta is not only a type of orbit, but an alternative way of saying "Rosa", wich, in turn, is what composes the first half of "Rosalinda"
However, while the localization of the Mario Series and of Rosalina's name contain pretty direct references to them(Polari is translated Blacky, Luma into Sparky, for istance), "Rosalinda" hardly has anything to do with her.
And I wouldn't mind if she had her name turned into "Rosalinda", mainly because I'm used to it

Last edited:

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
I don't know if Rosalina is the literal translation of Rosetta; however, I know that it's the literal translation of Rosalinda from Italian to Portuguese.
Also Rosetta is not only a type of orbit, but an alternative way of saying "Rosa", wich, in turn, is what composes the first half of "Rosalinda"
However, while the localization of the Mario Series and of Rosalina's name contain pretty direct references to them(Polari is translated Blacky, Luma into Sparky, for istance), "Rosalinda" hardly has anything to do with her.
And I wouldn't mind if she had her name turned into "Rosalinda", mainly because I'm used to it
Ooooh this is clearer there, thanks.
How has Rosalinda nothing to do with her? Doesn't that mean Pretty Rose literally?
And isn't Rosalina a pretty rose after all?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Then why did you say this just after i posted my sweet apple juice? :p
Because it needed to get out before I remembered about the apple juice
You mean Kerry Kane, don't you?
That's crazy though. I wonder if they could be stupid enough to miswrite Rosalina's name soon.

"Rosalinda is playable in Mario Cat 9!"

This makes me wonder why Rosalina's name changes so much depending on the language. I don't know if that's because they wanted to fully localize her name... I appreciate though. It gives different angles of her. Estela and Rosetta focuses on her cosmic duty, Rosalinda on her beauty, Rosalina on... on... and Harmonie on...
On...

Where do Rosalina and Harmonie come from, seriously?
I've heard Rosalina is the "literal translation" of "Rosetta", but I don't see how...?
And Harmonie... I've read there it could come from the Greek goddess or just the harmony she shares with the universe... but I don't think it's that (I don't think what else it could be though)

apple juice is truly disgusting
:(

MezzoMe

Smash Ace
^^Well, its origins may come from the germanic, fusing either
  • hros, wich means "horse"
  • or hroth, glory
with
  1. litha, wooden lime shield
  2. or linde, soft
It might be a fusion between a word from the first group and one from the second, in other words.
In the Middle Age, it became a fusion between Rosa and Linda, and it's still considered as such.
Also the germanic origins of the name might reference her appearence.
The deal, however, is that every name of every other character references him very straightly such as in the examples above.
And while one could see a metaphor in her name, the fact that all other names are instead so straightforward, just makes me think that it isn't a metaphor

Last edited:

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
why u sad buddy?

^^Well, its origins may come from the germanic, fusing either
  • hros, wich means "horse"
  • or hroth, glory
with
  1. litha, lime wooden lime shield
  2. or linde, soft
It might be a fusion between a word from the first group and one from the second, in other words.
In the Middle Age, it became a fusion between Rosa and Linda, and it's still considered as such.
Also the germanic origins of the name might reference her appearence.
The deal, however, is that every name of every other character references him very straightly such as in the examples below.
And while one could see a metaphor in her name, the fact that all other names are instead so straightforward, just makes me think that it isn't a metaphor
Yes, you may be right. They perhaps just chose it because it sounded similar to Rosalina while still being appealing.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I remember I found Mii's voice in MK Wii funny, but in MK7 it's a bit awful….
Their voices in Mario Kart 7 makes me wanna toss my 3DS against the wall every time I hear it.
Sigh… it's not wrong to discuss, but never argue.
Everyone's got their own opinion to share whether they agree to it or not.
Including me.
I prefer grape juice over apple juice. I can't stand apple juice.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I bloody love apple juice, but it apparently has more sugar in it than a bottle of Coke.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Their voices in Mario Kart 7 makes me wanna toss my 3DS against the wall every time I hear it.
They just sound weird…and high pitched…
Everyone's got their own opinion to share whether they agree to it or not.
True, but you also need to handle your opinion right.
I prefer grape juice over apple juice. I can't stand apple juice
I like both of them actually, but I will still prefer apple juice though.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
On a new subject, I've gotten hold of Yoshi's Woolly World today, and have completed the first four courses in World 1. I also have a Yarn Yoshi amiibo with me so that I can have two Yoshis work together to complete courses.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
why u sad buddy?

Yes, you may be right. They perhaps just chose it because it sounded similar to Rosalina while still being appealing.
Because you don't like apple juice
I remember I found Mii's voice in MK Wii funny, but in MK7 it's a bit awful…

Sigh… it's not wrong to discuss, but never argue.

Including me.
Apple Juice Squad

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
The apple juice at my school always is a frigid, ice cylinder, yet I still buy them. Did anyone say the sims? SIMS?! Go here now, seriously? It's epic: Luójiétǎ
On a new subject, I've gotten hold of Yoshi's Woolly World today, and have completed the first four courses in World 1. I also have a Yarn Yoshi amiibo with me so that I can have two Yoshis work together to complete courses.
You should try a Rosalina & Luma amiibo to unlock Yoshalina, it's very cute. You should get something like this
Somehow, Yoshi's right eye isn't blinded at all by the massive bang...

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I forgot I even had Yoshi's Woolly World. lol

I managed to reach World 5 in that game but I haven't finished it at the moment. I want to finish it but Twilight Princess HD comes out this week so I'm just gonna wait for that.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I've been playing YWW too, I've sort of been waiting until I have a lot of time and doing a World or half a World per session. Currently starting World 6.

I've been playing a lot of Shovel Knight on Wii U too. Playing it right now.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
i just realised that there have been many Ports of 3D Zelda games.

Was it just to make up for the wait of the New one for Wii U and NX?

Mmmm...
It's more because Nintendo acquired some new studios and they wanted to work on them.

Plus, with OoT3D, MM3D, and TPHD, fans were demanding them specifically too.

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
Yay for Apple juice
If only a video game character once said apple juice like Viridi screams "Skyworld". With the same high-pitched voice. Again and again. Stuck in your head forever.

Apple juice.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
If only a video game character once said apple juice like Viridi screams "Skyworld". With the same high-pitched voice. Again and again. Stuck in your head forever.

Apple juice.
Viridi makes everything better

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom